The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Noah Knight Callaham I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Noah Knight Callaham I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Noah Knight Callaham I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Noah Knight Callaham I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Noah Knight Callaham I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Noah Knight Callaham I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Noah Knight Callaham I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Noah Knight Callaham I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Noah Knight Callaham I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Noah Knight Callaham I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Noah Knight Callaham I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Noah Knight Callaham I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Noah Knight Callaham I_vote_lcapNoah Knight Callaham I_voting_barNoah Knight Callaham I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Noah Knight Callaham I_vote_lcapNoah Knight Callaham I_voting_barNoah Knight Callaham I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Noah Knight Callaham

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Noah Knight Callaham Empty Noah Knight Callaham

Post by Thani January 14th 2013, 2:33 am

NOAH
I don’t have time to this. There is a man I need to butcher, so if you keep standing in my way, then I’ll make sure to cut you down too.”

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Don’t have one.
(Self) Title: The Cursed Assailant.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
Race: Human.
Hair: Black, mostly.
Eyes: Blue.
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 165 LBS
Blood type: AB.

The Looks

Spoiler:
Noah is not the kind of person to walk through a crowd unnoticed, mostly by his looks. Although he’s not unattractive by the slightest, it’s his hair that truly bring him attention: not particularly well cared, but owner of a surprisingly natural white stripe covering roughly twenty percent of his front hair. By mixing this with his (although used mostly only at night) black leather overcoat, he easily pass as a sort of mysterious character from some movie – a fact that he’s well aware of.

Usually hided under his blue jeans, there are a pair of mundane looking knifes, with apparently nothing special about them. They are, however, the main medium that Noah uses to unleash his powers, in which case they turn into odd looking blue blades (at least visually).

The Legacy

Personality: It’s true that, nowadays, revenge is the biggest priority of Noah and that nothing would makes him more happy than butchering the man that cursed him with his own hands, but saying that he has no feelings would be a bit of a stretch. By all means, he’s not an inherently bad guy, although his current predicament would make him look a little uncaring. He has, however, little respect for the laws, doing almost anything to get closer to his objectives. Noah bears no ill will to the common folk, though, and mostly remains distant simply because of his curse, but also wouldn’t go out of his way to become an ally of justice. As far as he’s concerned, only what’s right in front of him bears relevance, revenge being his only distant thought. That said, Noah’s sense of humor has deteriorated a lot by his quest, but he sometimes manages to find pleasure in low quality jokes or calm moments, and subconsciously desires for someone to convince him to let go of his mad journey. Also, he’s kind of a lolicon and a former internet troll, if that has currently any relevance at all.

History: “Hey kid, that was fun, but won’t you do me a favor? Here, take this, and give it to your old man when the time is right. Just a little present from the Destroyer, eh.” Those were the last words Noah Knight Callaham heard before being impaled by that humongous scythe and losing consciousness. Surprisingly enough, the impalement didn’t hurt, or at least the boy didn’t felt a thing. What truly pained him was the idea of dying so young, without ever doing something important in his life. Without even being able to deliver a witty one-liner to his assailant. Closed in darkness, the boy could only amuse himself with his own bad luck.

Thinking back, his life wasn’t so bad. The first and only son of a rich British family, whose father maintained his fortune by managing a big business company, and owner of an ever increasing intellect, what could Noah have possibly to complain? He had his share of friends, and was born with the predisposition to be a nice, well meaning and caring person, even with the eventual misguidance of the internet. Indeed, he had the life many of his peers desired, and was only mildly arrogant about it. His luck, however, ended abruptly in that night of his late teens.

His sixteenth birthday, a happy commemoration indeed, and boy was he anxious about it. So much that the day before, he spent almost all night in a friend’s house, only to realize how late it was and rush home. “Yes, that was a bad idea”, reflected the boy in his own darkness. Indeed, that was when he met the man of the scythe. At first it was only the shivering impression of being observed, then came the footsteps behind him. The visage of some lunatic holding such a weapon made the boy ran in a panic, which proved to be a vain effort for his pursuer bested him in every corner. “C’mon, you’re Callaham’s kid, right? You should stop, this little game is getting boring.” Said the man, with a smile that didn’t help to calm Noah’s panic in the slightest. Scared out of his mind, of course the boy didn’t heed the man’s words, and tried to flee once again. Only this time, his desire to flee was so great that his own speed reacted according. It was a good feeling, one of being as light as a feather and that the world seemed to slow down around him. That time, he was sure he would be able to elude that man, that he would manage to warn his parents. Then, as he was crossing the last street before his own, he heard the sound of his own flesh being torn. “Hey kid, won’t you do me a favor? Here, take this………”

When Noah woke up, he felt like everything was only a nightmare, for he was in his own bed. But reality quickly kicked in when his parents told him how they found him unconscious next the house. “That man”, he thought, “that man was real. What the bloody hell was he?” His thoughts also floated about his own achievement, the burst of speed that almost saved him. But, most importantly, in the man last message. He said he gave Noah’s something, but the boy had no idea what the lunatic meant. In any case, it was over, so he could finally enjoy his (traumatic) sixteenth birthday and the rest of his life. Right?

If only destiny would be so merciful. The days following the attack were more and more strange, despite no new appearance of Noah’s assailant. In the beginning, it was just some objects starting to malfunction, but it got worse. Things that the boy touched would eventually break. His computer, his doorknob, his desk, his dog… Suddenly, and for no reason, whatever Noah touched would simply get weaker and weaker until it broke. There was no meaning on that, and there was no explanation, nor warning, so it was assumed to be horrible coincidences. But deep down, he knew something was wrong, for Noah’s not stupid. At the very least, he should be extra careful with the things around him, and this decision made the boy become more and more distant from everyone. But, somehow, this carefulness worked. Things started to break less around him, for he interacted far less with the world. But even with all his carefulness, that day still came. When he was caught off guard, and something, no, someone important broke. A comforting hug, something he really needed, was all it took to make his parents finally break. Without realizing before it was too late, the boy could only scream in agony as despair and fury enveloped him, together with those words. “Here, take this, and give it to your old man when the time is right. Just a little present from the Destroyer, eh.”

Two years have passed, and now Noah wanders the earth as someone else. Incapable to let go of what happened, and uninterested in anything but his next meeting with the so called Destroyer, the boy lives by. Doing whatever it takes to survive, to learn about himself and improve, and to prepare. The memory of the man and his scythe still burned deeply inside his mind and the desire to kill him are now the only things that makes him move. He won’t stop until he finds him, and nothing will stand in his way – that’s, at least, what he tells to himself every time he wakes up.

The Powers

Cursed Runner (Speed 8): Noah’s first, and main, power is his superhuman speed. For no known reason (to him), he can release short – thanks to his durability - bursts of inhuman speed that, in close combat, might make him seem almost like a blur.

Curse of the Absolute Destroyer: The most used power of Noah, and the reason for his title, is actually not an ability at all, but a terrible curse inflicted to him by the man he wish to kill. The objective of the curse is to inflict absolute pain on the victim, not unlike the famous “Touch of Midas”. Basically, it’s a highly destructive force that considerably weakens everything that it’s victim touch, normally with no control of the afflicted or warning. Since the mere touch is capable of weakening its target by a large extent, applying little force can completely crush more fragile objects (or persons). In layman terms, the curse merely apply a “weakening” factor in the object touched by its victim, making it easier for normal display of strength to damage them.

Noah, however, actually managed to literally weaponize the curse and use its effect to his own means. Forcing the energy to physically manifest as dark blue smoke, Noah cover any part of his body with that power, massively increasing his damage output by virtue of concentrating the full extent of the curse into a single spot (and target). Normally, the more strength put in the interaction, the stronger will be the effect of the curse on its target. Noah can also manifest the curse into his twin knifes, transforming their blades into curved weapons capable of breaking something (or someone) much more efficiently than his own body. Of course, Noah can use this method with any weapon he might enter in contact with. However, since the curse needs physical contact from Noah’s part to actually afflict things, he can only “enchant” weapons that also need physical contact to cause damage – as in, he can only use this method with melee weapons.

Its main drawback would be the obvious fact that it’s a curse, not something to be taken lightly. The curse is always around Noah, the best he can do being suppress it for a short time (normally the time he needs to interact with whatever he needs to without the risk of destroying It), but even that comes as horribly exhausting. Also, as he painfully learned, extreme emotions like fury or love can make the curse “burst”, causing its effect to extend to the nearby area with full force, even with no physical contact by Noah’s part or any semblance of control over it from him.

Grid
Intelligence: 4
Occult: 0
Strength: 3
Speed: 8
Durability: 4
Ability: 8
Fighting Skills: 3
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 1

Last edited by Thani on January 14th 2013, 10:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Thani
Thani

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-01-13

http://www.kiwisbybeat.com/minus106.html

Back to top Go down

Noah Knight Callaham Empty Re: Noah Knight Callaham

Post by Chellizard January 14th 2013, 4:49 am

All right. Speed is, typically, running speed, only. Not inhuman reflexes. Reflexes are coupled with Fighting Skills.

But if you'd like to single the power into the short bursts of running around of objects or people, that's fine. Just make sure that's explained; and that the speed isn't used as reflexes.

And, your character does not need 2 in OCC if you have three INT.

Int and Occ share the first three descriptions for each stat; INT leans more toward technology, and OCC leans more toward magic; but the first three Power Blocks in either stat do mirror one another. So, unless you're putting 4 or more points in both, having both stats is not necessary.

So, OCC or INT; To be Technologically smart, or Magically smart. Which is it?

Oh, and to further explain so you're not confused:

INT does include just enough "Occult" knowledge so that you may make it an RP mechanic that you're character is more "Modern" rather than "retro" when it comes to their knowledge and wisdom of Technology versus Magic and Relics etc.

And on the flip side:

OCC includes just enough "Intelligence" knowledge so that your character can know how to use a microwave, drive a car, text on a cell phone, use and work a computer; but, of course, it all comes down to RP Mechanics when you wanna pick OCC or INT.

And, now on to other things.

Your "Curse" power. It seems more like an RP Mechanic at this point; but can also be used as a power. But there's a part that somewhat confuses me.

Noah can used the dark blue smoke and have it manifest into a weapon and make that weapon as strong as his power?

Also, People with durability of 6 and up will be barely hurt, and 5 will get some bruises etc, 4 dur gashes, broken bones, 3 dur major broken bones etc, 2 Dur and below would likely be dead at the hands of the curse; but that's when only looking at DUR as the stat.

Just keep that in mind.

Oh, and fill in the Gender field with "Male" if Noah is a he; considering that's what you play Noah as. (:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thani January 14th 2013, 9:22 am

The male part went completely unnoticed, haha.

About the curse, the original idea is it's being more of an build-up effect, so the more he strikes the better (in a normal case scenario, of course. like you said, durability does protect from the effects). Noah applying on weapons means he can increase the effectiveness (since weapons tend to be better than fists at dealing damage) without the risk of hurting himself.

Yes, the speed is more like short burts because of his "low" durability. Not reflexes, of course.

Now the INT and OCC did get me off guard, although I did find strange their descriptions mirroring each other. Well, in any way, I edited my post with what may be enough. Had to update the status grid too, oh well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thani
Thani

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 14th 2013, 9:28 am

All right, so with all that cleared up, I now ask:

Is he able to make the weapons out of his curse power? Or does he us, let's say, a regular kindo stick and turn it into something lethal with the added effects of his curse?

And, if so, I must also address this:

Explosions are banned. So, perhaps attempt to explain how the attack harms them? Perhaps, instead of an explosions, a wide ranged blast that deals damage when the person, or persons, are at least in a range of four feet to Noah?

Also, thankies for shrinking your signature. If you'd like, PM me the larger version of your signature and I'll create a nice signature for you with your character's name? (:

~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thani January 14th 2013, 10:14 am

Yes, his power uses something else to manifest, either his body or something lying around. So unless he was holding a bomb, explosions wouldn't normally happen.

I suppose I could compromise, like, say that since he need physical contact to actively affect the world, he can only "enchant" meelee weapons and, because of that, no explosions.

I added the following lines: "In layman terms, the curse merely apply a “weakening” factor in the object touched by its victim, making it easier for normal display of strength to damage them." and "However, since the curse needs physical contact from Noah’s part to actually afflict things, he can only “enchant” weapons that also need physical contact to cause damage – as in, he can only use this method with melee weapons."

The signature is ok, I'm just using a screenshot from the game Under Night in Birth, but I'll keep the offer in mind. Thanks. C:

Thani
Thani

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 14th 2013, 10:21 am

Welp, you are approved and moved. Welcome to Superhero RPG. <3

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top