The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_vote_lcapGreetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_voting_barGreetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_vote_rcap 
Seamus McAndrews
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_vote_lcapGreetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_voting_barGreetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) Empty Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read)

Post by Twinkletoes December 31st 2012, 2:36 am

THE PURGE

Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) Dominu11

YES THE PURGE HAS NOW COMMENCED (well technically it starts on the 2nd of January but whatever)! A new arc means new chapters for the SHRPG world as a whole and the Purge will do just that, create turmoil beyond belief...so much so that the very decisions chosen throughout the three distinct phases will ultimately affect the conclusion of this grand arc. Your involvement and enthusiasm will ultimately affect the success of all of this arc and it is heavily advised that you have fun, use your imagination and immerse yourself within the grand spectacle that this will (hopefully) turn out to be.

Some helpful info (Now these are being used just so that this arc flows smoothly and constantly without too much hassle):

1 - A majority of threads will involve 4 people MAX, there will minimal threads including more than 4 role-players and will more often than not be major turning points within the Phases.
2 - It's no lie that our daily real lives take precedence over the happenings of SHRPG and it is understandable if something were to arise in your personal lives. However, because we want this arc to run at a steady pace anyone posting within a thread must do so in a timely manner so we will give you 4 days MAX to complete a post, if you exceed this limit your post will be skipped and if it's a repeat offence you will simply be kicked out of the thread. Proper explanations of why one shall have late post etc will be considered and more often than not allowed due to the tumultuous dramas plaguing our real lives.But remember! keep the posts coming, we want this to be a fun experience and stalling threads will not only annoy the other posters but also affect the Purge as a whole.
3 - Last but certainly not least HAVE FUN! As cliched as that is i genuinely mean it and i hope you all have a blast of a time creating unique adventures for your characters.

Helpful read!

Dominus group
Dominus Hit list

General Overview

“We want to be here to express our compassion and solidarity for all the victims of terrorist acts who are attacked randomly and without respite throughout the world. We are here to express our indignation at the cowardice of metahuman terrorism, condemn it firmly and categorically, combat it and see that the guilty are punished.”

– The President of the General Assembly

Public sentiment towards superheroes has plummeted. Recent events are quite literally the straw that broke the camels back and it is high time that the government and it's agencies become involved in a very real threat facing mankind. Dominus, an agency focusing on the control of metahumans and their dangerous powers has proposed a new act be signed by the United Nations in a bid to severely quell metahuman activities in America and hopefully the rest of the free world. The logical extension of the often-proposed, never-passed Meta-terrorist Act, the Dominus Unificationn Act arose following the devastating attack on New York in reprisal for Necrodium's "Invasion" and Holocaust's recent destructive rampage, which killed 358 adults and 34 children (unbeknownst to the general public, Dominus had been secretly taken over by the villainous Elena Vexus during that time as well).

Following the New York Assault, 80% of the New York's population found itself spontaneously depleted. With the metahuman population suddenly becoming more visible and extremist groups claiming the event marked a turn in the tide of growing metahuman superiority (if not divine punishment against all humans), sympathy for the group was near an all-time low. . These events put public support for the registration bill at around 50%. Adam Paxton, the current head of Dominus has twisted public sentiment and used the current behaviour of particularly villainous metahumans to further encourage the passing of the strategy, the creation of the metahuman hit list only furthered his aim in publicising dangerous super powered members of society and their general threat level to the community.

Unbeknownst to many, Paxton is a man who possesses a suffocating almost paranoid fear of metahumans and he is merely using the generally agreeable public front of 'detaining' metahumans so that people will agree with him. His dream however is to eradicate them all, wipe them off the face of the planet and purge them of their superhuman gifts... and he will go to any length necessary to achieve such a goal. The acts and Proposals he set forth for the UN are mere covers for his plan of a metahuman holocaust, it's approval will directly assist him in actin out his greatest dream. The massacre of metahumans.

As metahuman terrorist threats remain high in many regions of the world, countering the appeal of such terrorism has emerged as a priority. Ahead of the third review of the Strategy, the President of the General Assembly hosted a symposium on promoting dialogue, understanding and countering the appeal of terrorism on 27 June 2028, in Vancouver. The meeting focused on dialogue and understanding as key elements of the UN strategic approach to countering the appeal of terrorism. Following the third biennial review of the Global Counter-Metahuman Terrorism Strategy on 28-29 June 2028, the General Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution renewing its unwavering commitment to strengthening international cooperation to prevent and combat all forms of terrorism.

Eventually metahumans will be forced to register their names, abilities and other vital information and join Dominus even though they're unaware of the far more sinister plans the head of Dominus has once his Purge reaches it's end. If they refuse to do join Dominus they will be hunted down by any means necessary and executed.

Their eventual survival is up to them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Greetings! Welcome to the age of a New era! (Please Read) Tumblr_m953irNOXB1rv240t
Twinkletoes
Twinkletoes
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : Hard as diamonds, soft as silk

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top