The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_vote_lcapThe Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_voting_barThe Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_vote_rcap 
Seamus McAndrews
The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_vote_lcapThe Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_voting_barThe Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) Empty The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius)

Post by Troglodyte September 10th 2012, 9:36 pm

Gwharr was a rather perturbed caveman today. No, perturbed simply would not cut it. Heck it did not even live in the same neighborhood as the best word for whatever our Big, Brawny Beloved Brute was feeling right now. The reason for this had been the way this day had been going for him so far. In the morning he was woken up by a rat crawling over his face. This was not normally all that bad in Gwharrs book, since it meant he had a little morning-snack served without needing to get up, but this rat had been a bit too quick for him. Plus, it had left a little present in his beard. It had happened to him now and then throughout his life for various reasons, but for some reason it really annoyed him now in ways he couldn't really comprehend before. No man lives through twentytwothousand years without a few close-encounters with excrement expelled from verious creatures, but back then it simply hadn't been that big of a deal for some reason.

After carefully washing out his beard with a blowtorch and some bleach, he had decided to take a stroll around town to show off his new dapper pin-stripe suit, but unfortunately this had not had the effect that he had wished for. The ladies were still not queing up for makeouts, and he people still called the police whenever he turned a little too brusque for their tastes. However, after having such a worthless morning, he decided he would use some of his newly earned money to treat himself to something spectacular. According to one random passer-by the best restaurant in town was called "sparks steakhouse", and that was where the Meat-headed, Muscle-bound Murderer was about to head, but when he arrived, and entered the building, announced that he would like to have lots and lots of dinner there, the guy handling the whatnot had been pretty disdainfull whilst tellingh im no.

(apprantly his name was Mater-Dee or something. Gwharr figured that the reason he was such a ponce was the fact that his prents hated him immensely)

Gwharr had not taken these news lightly and even though he had threatened to rip the guy's innards out and strangle him with them as well as reaching down his throat and pulling him inside out. Even the rather sophisticated threat that very much consisted of promises to make a stylish hat to compliment his suits out of his lungs had not managed to get him a table.

He had definately had enough of all this mouthyness and was pretty much ready to literally tear this place apart when his caveman-senses suspected something disturbing. A girl, with her hands quite a bit into his pocket, doing her best to pull a wallet out of it. To be honest, he hadn't really even seen her if he hadn't looked down for something to throw through the wall to prove his point, but nevertheless, a slight stroke of luck for him. "Hey, girlie! Ya better hand that thing there back, or Imma be mighty cross with ya!" Gwharr said, as he rose up to his full height, his hat almost touching the roof, towering over the tiny girl. Normally such a display would have softened bigger thieves than her off, but apparantly, it had little effect as she smiled mischeviously took a deep breath stuck her tounge out and blew a rasberry at him before legging it. Gwharr roared in frustration as he took after her, charging after her like a rabid gorilla wearing a very dapper suit.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) Empty Re: The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius)

Post by Cornelius Caster September 11th 2012, 1:21 am

New York, one of the grandest cities in the world left in the merciless remains of a war that ravaged much of it's former glory. Rubble was still strewn across the ash covered streets, the blood was gone but the pain was still there. The few remaining people that managed to survive the chaos tried their best to fit the horrendous remains of the city into their schedules, any attempts at a normal life were more often than not disrupted with the collapse of a building or the discovery of the mangled and charred remains of a victim from the New York Assault. Necrodium was gone but his legacy still infected the once great city with an unhealthy level of darkness and decay that not even the best efforts of the local Heroes could patch up what has been long gone. New York was now a mausoleum, a crippled shell of its former glory, where travellers from near and far would come to witness the carnage first-hand. One particular gentleman was doing just that, wading his way through the abandoned wreckage that was once a factory, the only things supporting his crippled body was his ornate cane and the loyal badger that sniffed its way through the rusting metal, shattered glass and busted timber framework.

Cornelius Caster, the infamous magical master and worldwide traveller had willingly made his way into the remains of the city. The Caster family, whose residence he was now staying in, cared little for the destruction, they were safe and sound in the city of angels and their little coven barely batted a billion dollar eyelid at the wide scale destruction that occurred in New York. Cornelius was different however, such destruction had to be mourned over. He had witnessed two world wars and countless crimes against humanity and yet every single time a new horror graced its way into the lives of men he could not help but feel a fresh and raw sense of helplessness and sadness, it always stung that men, metahumans and the magical all heeded to the cries of death and destruction and such acts of depravity could not go un-avoided. This moment of reflection and respect to those who perished was so overpowering that he encouraged his young accomplice, Amélia, to run off somewhere and not stroll into the depths of hell like he had...such sights were not good for children.

"Cornelius...its getting dark, we don't want the child to get herself into any trouble", the astute badger exclaimed in a calm voice, his deep and gentle hushed statement was properly polite as it was unfortunately true. Staying in the iron ruins of the factory too long would do more harm than good and the Silvery haired pensioner quietly nodded his head, stroking his beard as he did so, "Yes, of course...don't want her incurring the wrath of any New Yorkers now do we?", he chuckled, tapping a rotting piece of timber with his cane, as if he were indicating the start of the exit from the abandoned premises.

What initially started as a silent trek over the rubble was soon interrupted by the simultaneous echoing of light footsteps and more heavy thumps that resounded across the surrounding environment. Before the girl even scuttled into view Cornelius knew exactly why she was running, although the stampede of noise behind her was quite unusual as was the concerning grunts and growls that followed her devious squeals of laughter. Bernard the badger let out a harsh growl from the pit of his grey throat, "Whatever is chasing her reeks of brimstone and sulfur...and don't even ask me about the natural...musk..", The mammal explained, using his acute sense of empathy and heightened sense of smell to determine what foul beast was hollering after their cheeky companion.

Like a mouse escaping a wildebeest, the little French girl scampered and hopped over the rubble with a horrendously large brute of a fellow on her heels, his extremely robust form dwarfing the child with a frightening difference. Now Cornelius was a man who had witnessed many strange and wonderful things but the hulking ape of a man that barged his way after the gypsy girl had definitely made its way into the bearded fellow's top ten list of peculiar people....and he wasn't even sure if this monster of a man could even be considered human.

"Well this is a welcome change from the usual angry thug..", the impeccably dressed fellow exclaimed with a slight chuckle before taking in a deep breath and softly exhaling a soft purplish haze that instantly spread across the surrounding environment, "...A little backwards logic should enlighten this new friend of ours", he said rather casually as the inverted zone spread it's invisible boundaries over the rubble. The angry ape of a man would soon find himself in a particularly confusing environment where all things were back to front, upside down and every other alternate form of logic that ruled this universe. This ability was however just a simple optical illusion, harmless but incredibly helpful in particularly troublesome situations.

Amélie hopped over all manners of trip hazards and potentially sharp dangers to her bare feet with a startling level of ease, to her this was merely a game...a game involving a monstrous man dressed in an ill-fitting suit stempeding after her. As the child scuttled over the rubble she fearlessly entered the invisible zone, knowing full well that her elderly guardian would not allow such an ability to affect her motor skills...unlike the bearded bruiser that bashed his brawny body through the barren remains of the factory straight into Cornelius' little trap...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cornelius Wendell Caster

Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-07-19

Back to top Go down

The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius) Empty Re: The Thief, the brute and the man of your dreams (Cornelius)

Post by Troglodyte September 11th 2012, 10:11 pm

The little girl getting her filthy paws on Gwharrs wallet was merely the tip of the iceberg of all the misfortune and annoyances that had befallen him today, and if he had not become quite as angry as he had, he would have realized that throwing a car in the little girls path to block it would probably have worked wonders, but now, he did not. Even though his sudden increase in the intelligence department had allowed him to gain a certain insight into the twentyfirst centruy, and even adopted some of its customs and mannerisms, it was still merely a thin layer atop of a primitive mind, like a thin layer of ice on a lake. it was fine and solid as long as the weather is cold, but when heat is applied it quickly melts off, revealing the dark depths beneath it. And Gwharrs current blazing rage was akin to a forestfire. His earlier two-legged gait had regressed to the ape-like knucklewalking he had been most comfortable with. The somewhat modulated, restrained voice had been replaced by a guttural howl. His eyes where wild, his mouth was open, revealing a slight amount of froth forming at the edges, and his white, yet savage-like pointy teeth were displayed for all to see.

The asphalt actually cracked and shattered beneath his weight as he moved forward, half-knuckle-walking, half leaping forward. The girl was quick, but she was somewhat slowed by having to jump over or crawl beneath obstacles such as cars or piles of rubbles. Gwharr did not have such troubles. He merely smashed them aside with no effort or leaped over them, smashing into the asphalt with thundering force. The few bystanders that were observing this did not waste any time to make as much distance between themselves and the Roaring, Raging, Rampaging Ruffian as possible. Gwharr did not mind this at least.

The fact that the little girl showed no fear did not exactly alleviate his rage. In fact, it made him even angrier. He wanted people to tremble before his rage. He deserved their fear! He was mighty enough to crush them all! He was Gwharr the warlord! He let out another Roar as he entered what seemed to be the ruins of an old factory. Even though his mind was a white-hot inferno of no-longer-pent-up rage, a small compartment of his mind still observed his surroundings and noticed such things, for some reason. He had never had this little compratment of logic and calm before, but due to his rage he was not exactly in a good position to think carefully aout it either. If he was in a position to think carefully, he would no doubt had noted the presence of an older gentleman with a rather fancy beard who seemed to rather unimpressed by his size and ferocity. the calm part of his brain tried to get the rest of him to understand that there was something fishy going on with this man, but he was too angry to listen, instead rampaging onwards.

However, his rampage was suddenly brought to a stop, as his limbs suddenly flailed out in the wrong direction, like a puppet with its strings tangled up. He continued forward a few feet, his quadruple gait allowing him to remain somewhat upright, despite his oddly flailing limbs before his left arm flailed disturbingly and he crashed facefirst into the dirt with such force that he actually bounced slightly, ending up on his back, his limbs flailing and twitching as he tried to get back on his feet. There was something very wrong here. Gwharrs red-hot anger soon got mixed up with desperation, frustration and a tiny twinge of panic as he tried to regain controll of his wayward limbs. He must have looked rather pathetic as he lied on the ground, flailing wilder and wilder, his roars occasionally turning to hissy gurgles as he lost controll of his jaw-muscles, but this did not deter our Dreadfully Dimwitted Doofus. Even though he had little to no controll of his limbs, they still retained their usual strength, and the ground beneath him cracked and shattered like papier-machie beneath his aimless swings, flinging rocks and assorted debris in all directions.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Caster September 12th 2012, 5:13 am

Like a trout caught inside a fisherman's net the snarling and gnashing humanoid thrashed around on the floor, his body twisting in a whole range of peculiar poses as the inverted zone worked its magic. Amélie had by now scuttled on top of an large price of debris that was elevated above the current entertainment, shrill giggles escaped her lips as she bounced up and down on the spot, completely ignorant to the creature's obvious distress with his current situation. Corn hobbled over to the muscle bound monster, his curiosity overwhelmed his cautiousness and as he deftly strode over an upturned iron beam he could not help but stifle a grin. It was clear that the strange 'man' was having a bit of trouble, particularly with working out which limb did what. Cornelius gazed at the writhing ape of a man, the violent movements of his struggles sending vibrations throughout the surrounding area.

"Bernard, it would be nice to know whether this new friend of ours is more confused than he is angry, can't have him burying us under this building now do we?", Cornelius muttered, stroking his silver beard with the tip of his thumb as he glanced at the stocky mammal next to him. Bernard was a wonderful companion, not only did he provide genuine company and conversation but his uncanny ability to taste and smell emotions always came in handy when they were faced with particularly questionable foes. The badger sniffed the air in the direction of the frantic humanoid, before lightly shaking his oval head and facing his much more human companion, "Oh... well he has calmed down considerably, although I can't be certain, this natural odour of his is quite overpowering if I say so myself..." , Bernard exclaimed in his slightly husky British accent before taking a cautious step backwards as a stray piece of timber soared right near his paw.

Swiveling on his heel Cornelius looked over to Amélie, a dastardly grin was plastered on her childish features as she watched the events unfold before her. "Vous avez eu à choisir lui?! (You had to choose him?!)", he sighed, shaking his silvery haired head whilst rolling his eyes. The girl merely shrugged her shoulders...bigger target. bigger rewards was her thinking and this new target of hers was the biggest yet. Cornelius was not scared, no he wasn't even irritated with the arrival of the brutish beast of a man, he was quite simply impressed that his young accomplice managed to evade such an imposing monster, not only that but his inquisitive nature took hold and he simply had to take a step forward to take a closer look at the gurgling giant.

Taking a courageous step towards the mismatched mafia monster Cornelius tutted, twisting the tips of his fingers against one another as he gazed at the sight before him. Clearing his throat and tapping his cane against the hard cement ground which was beginning shatter from the brute's desperate attempts at saving himself, the elderly gentleman furrowed his brow as his deep and rich voice wafted into the air, "Ah, my dear fellow..it seems that Amélie must've taken a liking to you or your eye-catching apparel..", he chuckled, noting the textures and fibers on the peculiar suit the bearded bruiser was wearing, "I know exactly why you were chasing her, no need to explain yourself. However I would appreciate it if you halted your stampede before you or anyone in the surrounding area gets a painful souvenir..", he smirked causing the creases on his skin to lighten up with a grand display of graceful aging.

"If it means anything I will gladly pay for any of the damages she may have incurred, I'm sure a man of your taste would not refuse a drink or two...," , he grinned, thinking of the possibilities of downing his favorite liquor that very afternoon. Extending such a generous offer in most cases not only allowed the elderly gentleman an excuse to drink but also gave him a very large chance of making new friends and even though he was unsure of whether this hulking beast understood what he was saying it was the thought that counted, such an offer was rarely refused when it was actually genuine. Even if the beast refused however the silvery haired sage was most definitely no going to attack, not only wa that rude but highly inappropriate in that particular area...more supers battling each other was the last thing the locals wanted.

"I guarantee you that your body shall do as you say once you consider my invitation!" , he chuckled raising his palm in the air in a triumphant manner. He wanted to know more about this peculiar man and for the first time in a while he was glad Amélie caught the brute's attention, for if she had not performed such typical mischief then Cornelius would have never of encountered such a weird and wonderful fellow.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cornelius Wendell Caster

Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte September 13th 2012, 3:50 am

The caveman was in an enourmously foul mood as he lay on the ground, his coordination seemingly reduced to the level normally associated with infants or very drunk buffoons, making him unable to walk or even crawl in any sort of direction. He would have much preffer physical retraints to fight against, since he was convinced that his strength and endurance would be able to conquer them, but this, this was not right. It negated his strength and durability, since there was no point in being the strongest if you could not focus that strength upon your target. He started to feel slightly queezy and dizzy, presumably from the lack of proper ups and downs. It was if as the entire concepts themselves had vanished, to be replaced by a chaotic, directionless hell. and even though Gwharr could still see his surroundings perfectly well, it was as if he was looking at a TV or postcard, It was simply so unreal.

He roared loudly and tried once again to sit up, but all he managed to do was to make some odd movements with his legs, as if he was trying to ride some magical, upside-down bicily, and a very wobbly one at that. He whimpered in frustration, and flailed with his fists, no longer even trying to get them to do the things he wanted, but rather just taking chances, hoping that a random flail with the elbow would send him back upright again.

However, his violent flailing gradually stopped as another individual approached him. A thin, elderly man with thick, oddly styled hair and a very fancy beard. He wore a well-tailored suit. He had a certain air about him, like a stuffy old professor who never got around to losing his child-like curiosity. Gwharr snorted and grunted heavily, as he lay there still in the little crater he had smashed out of the floor where he was trapped. He figured there would be pretty much fifty-fifty chance for him to break the old codger if he once again started to thrash about, of course, this was only applicable if the old man was an ordinary old man, wich he evidently was not. Ordinary old men could not do THIS to a man of Gwharrs power and rage!

If Gwharr still had controll of his body his jaw would drop slackly in a comical manner, as the man stared talking. He had expected some victory-boast about how superior he was for defeating the caveman or villanous speech about doing this or that, just a calm way of explaining the situation in a manner that sounded far too flamboyant and good-natured to suit the potentially lethal situation. the Humungous, Hard-Hitting Heavy-handed Hare-brain quickly decided that the man was obviously some sort of a buffoon, but a well-mannered, friendly buffoon at any rate. After all, usually his attackers did not apologize for their deeds or offer to buy him a drink for his troubles.

Gwharr wrinkled his massive brow awkwardly at the man, wich was the first thing that seemed to work properly for him. He opened and closed his mouth a few time before he spoke, as if to see if he could trust them to handle the mission he had planned for them.."Okay, okay, I accept. Just tell me when I'm able to move all properl-like again, alright? Imma gonna stay right here untill then." The Crude, Clumsy Caveman spoke, talking rather slowly, as if uncertain wether or not his lips, jaw and tounge would obey his instructions. He wasn't used to compromising like this to people who attacked him, but he wasn't used to people who attacking apologizing when they had him at their mercy either.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Caster September 13th 2012, 9:56 pm

The struggling simian had calmed down considerably, his earlier panic now dulled down to a strange state of defeat, not to say that the large crater he carved with his thrashing body was not impressive but the elderly man knew he had successfully quelled its rage. Cornelius waltzed over to the brutish beast, a small hop in his stride as he deftly avoided any stray piece of rubble that threatened to trip his frail body. The peaceful grin that stretched between the silvery moustache and beard widened even more once the creature began to speak, he had come to his senses and accepted the offer!

"Excellent decision my good man!", the silvery haired sage clapped, sending bursts of sound throughout the decrepit ruins, "Our good friend fate has done a marvellous job introducing me to such an amazing whatever you may call yourself!", he guffawed, tapping his cane against the ground as he ecstatically waved his hand in the air in a celebratory manner. He felt something furry nudge his calf, looking down he saw Bernard gazing up at him with what he assumed to be a raised eyebrow...he wasn't even sure if Badgers had eyebrows.

"Ah yes! Sorry for delaying you but you are now very much the master of your own body!" he grinned, allowing the hulking figure to test his co-ordination himself. He heard a mammalian sigh next to him, bernard was evidently uncomfortable with the unfamiliar musk, but the elderly gentleman payed no heed to it, preferring to marvel at the incredible creature in front of him whose facial hair trumped every single beard the travelling magician had witnessed. "My name is Cornelius Caster, it's a pleasure to have bumped into you!", he chuckled, bowing his head a bit in a respectful manner, "This here is Bernard, my good friend and I see you have already met Amélie...", he sighed, playfully rolling his eyes as he mentioned the very child who had angered this great figure.

The sound of muffled footsteps behind him alerted the pensioner of his much younger accomplice, who by now had an exaggerated scowl on her childish features. Her little nose was scrunched up and her brow furrowed as she stood with her arms crossed, tapping one bare foot against the ragged ground. Bon travail, il va le manger-nous main tenant!(Good job, He's going to eat us now!)", Amélie huffed, stamping her feet on the ground as she glared at the towering creature before hand. The elderly man guffawed at such a ridiculous statement, brushing her messy brown bangs away from her eyes, finding her little tantrum quite amusing.

"We should not dawdle! I promised you drinks and drinks are what you shall receive!" , he exclaimed in a jovial voice, lightly smacking the caveman on the arm with his cane. Whatever unfortunate bar that the elderly sage would wander into would soon run out of beverages, for Cornelius was not only a generous giver but also a generous drinker, and one whose body was infused with magic...getting drunk took much longer than that of a normal human being.

Hopefully this creature would be able to keep up and share some stories with him...

Cornelius Wendell Caster

Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte November 29th 2012, 9:43 pm

Gwharr glared defiantly at the old man as he ambled forth to greet him once he had calm down. It was embarrassing, but he had been bested, and even though it did not happen often, he had tasted it before, and it was a bitter fruit to swallow indeed. Especially since the man seemed so thin and frail, overall physically weak. He could probably crush every bone in the codgers chest with only a light squeeze, but the man had bested him fair and square, and so, it would be dishonorable for him to resume hostilities.

At least the Energetic, Eccentric Elder was gracious in victory, not at all pompous and fancy-arsed as Gwharr would have expected from someone of his peculiar appearance. Maybe this guy wasn't really all that bad. heck, the old man had even called him amazing, but the compliment diminished somewaht when it turned out that the old-timer didn't even know what Gwharr was.

I'm a caveman. The Caveman Grunted, obviously still not entirely comfortable with being beaten by an old man. His intonation was dead-pan and matter-of-factly, and the deadly glare that followed was not intended for cornelius, but rather for his companions, It was a challenge. a 'Dare to laugh and you'll see how funny I can be"-sort of look However, his mood improved significantly as Cornelius informed him that his limbs were once again operating they way they aught to. Although, he wasn't entirely sure he trusted the eccentric old codger yet.

Gwharr Wiggled his toes in an effort to judge wether or not it was worth trying to get back onto his feet or not. Then he realized this was a horrible idea since he couldn't see his feet through his shoes. Instead he wiggled his fingers, and. . . Success! They all wiggled the way they were supposed to again. Just as they had always done for twentytwo milleniums all the way up to now. The way his body stopped obeying him had shocked the great ape-man far more than any Gut-wrenchingly Grievous Gashes or Delightfully Disturbing Disembowelment had done in the past. He could stand right back up only a few seconds after being disemboweled without even so much as a bruise on his body, but the thoughts of wriggling around on the ground, unable to assert your will over your own limbs, that was horrible, mostly because it was something that he could not just heal from or smash aside. It had an eerie feel of helplessness that he did not like one bit. Gwharr had felt helpless in the past, but not like this. The thought of being totally depending on someone elses mercy was an alien concept to him. A concept he did not like at all.

The caveman slowly got up onto his feet, grabbing aholdo f an over-head pipe and pulling himself up, looming over cornelius group, probably outweighing the lot of them several times. He then attempting to brush his suit off and pick up his hat wich had fallen off his head in his struggle to move again. It seemed been somewhat flattened by an errant flailing of his limbs, and with exquisite care the Gigantic, Grunting Gorilla-like Guy restored it to its former self, but before placing it back onto his brow, the great apeman shook his head vigorously, trying to get rid of grit and gravel that may have got itslef tangled in his fluffy mane of hair.

As Cornelius introduced his companions, Gwharr was rather surprised at Bernard. He hadn't really been clearheaded enough to dwell on the fact that Bernad the talking badger was in fact a badger. Not only was he a badger, but he seemed intent on remaining a badger for the forseeable future. "How's he talkin'? Them badgers ain't s'posed ta talk." Gwharr asked Cornelius , as he curiously stared at the strange creature talking.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Caster December 3rd 2012, 8:00 am

Cornelius Caster, the spiffy silvery haired sage let out a hearty chortle as the hulking creature finally revealed what it was exactly; a caveman! The pensioner propped himself up on the tips of his polished shoes, balancing himself on his walking stick as he took a closer look at the suit wearing neanderthal, marvelling at the monstrous muscles and the thick veins that decorated the creature's flesh. Now Cornelius was a man who often placed himself with the weird and wonderful, often going out of his way to explore the most remote nooks and crannies around earth to experience wonder and awe like never before. Whether it be paddling through the Bermuda Triangle in nothing but a fishing boat, or snuggling into the collective warmth of a coven of Yet's during a Himalayan storm; these were examples of the fantastic adventures that the fearless philosopher found himself in..but meeting a caveman? His genetic ancestor and one who sported a grand beard was a one of a kind experience which he lavished in, prodding the beast's humongous hamstring with the tip of his cane.

"This is wonderful! Absolutely marvellous! A real life caveman, my good sir..you have made my day!" , Cornelius excitedly explained with genuine glee, a big grin stretching across the well kept facial hair as he noted every single aspect of the caveman's form, remembering every little detail that set this grand being from all the other more fragile homosapiens. Cornelius often possessed an unashamed childlike joy when it came to new discoveries, things that made him think further into the intricate details that made earth and its people what it was and at the moment there was no better option than humanity's very ancestor.

His smaller companions however, seemed less impressed and had expressions ranging from wary to annoyed. They had kept their distance in fear that the lumbering beast would squash them but it the instance the caveman questioned Bernard's little gift he strutted forward on chubby legs, his snout held high in air in what appeared to be exaggerated annoyance. "I do think badgers have every right to speak as much as cavemen have to live in the 21st century..., the mammal asserted, raising his fluffy black 'eyebrows' with an air of superiority, "We shall blame my vocabulary skills on google for the time being, although I'm sure the reason for your continued existence would be much harder to pinpoint..." he huffed before swivelling on his paws and waddling over to Amélie, who had opted for a safety on top of a toppled support beam.

Rolling his eyes with amusement Cornelius waved his hand in the air, brushing away any tension that his four legged friend may have caused. "Forgive him...he's simply overprotective of the child", he grinned in a flippant manner before procuring a pocket watch and swing what the time was. 6:13 PM. Enough time to find a drinking establishment and be merry. "We should probably get a wiggle on if we want to end the night in gaiety. Come, my friends..let us scour these ruins for a gin mill!" he chuckled, clapping his hands in delight before taking off at a spritely speed. "Once we have find said establishment I would sincerely ask how you managed that impressive beard of yours...I haven't anything quite like it..", he grinned, nodding his head in the direction of a less tattered street, anyone lucky enough to pass by the strange troupe would have thought the circus was in town; a hippity hopptiy old fellow, a hulking beast in a suit, a badger wearing a monocle and a barefoot gypsy girl darting over anything remotely dangerous without a care in the world.

Their adventure did not last long and after some scrutinising gazes into the well lit drinking establishment Cornelius waltzed into one titled 'Poseidon's Tavern', quite a peculiar name considering that the Greek god in question wasn't even the lord over liqueur. Nonetheless, the gang of friends entered without much fuss...all for the exception of Cornelius' new acquaintance, whose imposing girth attracted more attention than necessary. Although they had successfully found a suitable table for their night of fun a no-nonsense bouncer staunched up to them with arms crossed and tattoos ablaze, particularly unimpressed with the squealing child and the mass of flesh and ferocity.

"Sir, this place is a strictly no children, no pets and uhh... No metahuman establishment, please leave now before I have to escort you outside" The man ordered with a surprising level of confidence, completely unaware of what any of Corn's troupe was capable of. The elderly gentleman, one who placed manners and respect among his most necessary traits was taken back by the statement and before he could react something rather unexpected occurred...something that the bouncer was sure never to forget..

Cornelius Wendell Caster

Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte December 6th 2012, 4:06 am

Gwharr raised an eyebrow as the spry old man chortled merrily, seemingly besides himself with enthusiasm. The big caveman did his best to repress a smile from errupting on his own rather stern, brutish face, but the tell-tale tensing of the edges of his mouth made the gesture obvious. It was all but impossible to outright resist smiling in the presence of the old man. He was simply one of those people that spread joy around him without really doing anything but acting like himself. Sort of like a radioactive man would emitt radiation by simply just existing. Despite the rather rocky start, Gwharr could not help but to appreciate the odd sort of giddyness and enthusiasm of the Eminently Eccentric, Enigmatic Elder.

Gwharr nodded rather confused as the old man cheerfully explained how happy it made him that Gwharr did in fact happen to be a caveman. Gwharr did not mind this in the slightest. He had a rather large ego, and the sheer amount of marveling at his very existance and awesomeness did feed this ego rather nicely. Even though the Brainless, Big, Brutish, Bully had gotten off on the wrong foot with the old man and his odd pair of companions, Gwharr figured that they might not be such a bad bunch after all. After all, children were children. They did stupid things as stealing caveman-wallets and pee on your newly-drawn cavepaintings, but that was why older tribe-members had to look after them and make sure that they kept out of trouble and such.

However, Gwharrs mood soured slightly as the badger piped up, answering his querie in a less than subservient manner. This Furry, Four-footed Fellow seemed to have quite a bit of courage to stand up to the caveman like that, no doubt relying on the old man for protection in case Gwharr decided that he'd like a brand new pair of badger-skin earmuffs.

"Reason for my continued existence is the fact that I dun' die." Gwharr grunted matter-of-factly, his deep voice rather gruff, making it rather obviosu that he did not like to have his existance questioned by verbose, quick-witted badgers. As the group moved downtown, Gwharr alternated between knucklewalking like a gorilla, since that was the mode of transportation that he was most comfortable with, or ambulating on his two hind-limbs, trying to emulate the walk of the city-dwellers, since that was expected from a man wearing a suit, but his massive arms and undersized legs made the attempt look rather silly, due to the wide flailing swinging of his oversized, massive arms.

As they reached the place that Cornelius had guided them to, Gwharr ducked inside, reverting to knucklewalking, due to comfort and the fact that he did not want to hurt anyone. He licked his lips hungrily as he imagined what sort of tasty beverages they were going to serve up in his immediate future. As they found a table Gwharrs appetite was whetted to the point where Bernard the badger started to look mighty tasty. However, before the troupe of oddballs had time to order, a big fellow approached, seemingly to eject them prom the premises. Gwharr quickly got to his feet, standing one and a half feet taller than the man, and more than four feet wider across the shoulders.

"Make an exception." The caveman rumbled omniously, in a way that suggested that if pressed further, his rumble would turn into a full-on volcano-eruption.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Caster December 6th 2012, 8:41 pm

Tension and an unpleasant drinking environment were things that Cornelius abhorred, what's worse than having a merry outing soured by cranky and uppity fellows? Well, having a caveman as an acquaintance when said cranky pants is staunching them down would have surely led to a confrontation that the jolly pensioner would have preferred to avoid. For easing the situation lay not in the power of their fists but in the strength of their words. The very thought of having an establishment barring minors and pets was somewhat understandable but an anti-metahuman business? That was a load of bollocks! Cornelius had witnessed the racism, prejudice and hate over his many fruitful years of living; barring 'metahumans' was as equally shameful and ridiculous as it was halting a middle eastern man to enter. His mind went alight, discerning the possible reasons for such blatant foolishness but it seemed that the relentless bouncer had other ideas.

"I'm not asking. I'm telling. We've had enough of your kind shitting up this place", the bald and burly man uttered, crossing his arms in defiance at the large beast in his way.

The silvery haired sage sharply inhaled, lips contorting into a look of actual discomfort as he heard the words ring loud and clear. He was supposed to take this grand fellow out for a drink but things had quickly taken a turn for the worst and a brawl was the last thing he wanted...particularly with Amélie present. "Now let's all take a spiffy little second to look at the current situation of ours. My friends here have merely come for a drink and some dinner, we have no intention of furthering the chaos this city has experienced.", the spritely fellow chimed in, hoping to ease the very obvious tension growing between the two brutes. "If we must leave then we will, but I assure you we have come in peace..", his rich tenor filling the air with a grand melody of peace and wisdom. The situation would have surely been quite tranquil if Amélie had not chosen to make a particularly offensive face at the bothersome bouncer, her little squeaks of laughter completely ignorant of the situation at hand.

Unfortunately the situation only escalated once Cornelius took a closer gander at the various other people situated within the bar. All grown men, most heavily tattooed with messy coils of facial hair dripping off their hate filled visages. Not men who would want to be trifled with apparently. Their menacing glares focused on the gargantuan gorilla man sitting opposite the Caster elder, they obviously felt threatened and/or in the mood to hunt some game. Oh bugger.., Cornelius thought to himself, grimacing as a few firearms were brandished across the room. The New York Assault had truly changed people's perceptions of the more 'gifted' kind and right then and there Cornelius knew that his companions were in a particularly dangerous position.

"Look old timer, you're not the problem. He is. Now I'm gonna count to three and -.." the bouncer spoke through his teeth, although he never got to finish due to the resounding shout of a "FUCK THIS" and the BAM of a firearm shot from across the room. The shrill sound cracking across the atmosphere as a bullet zipped through the air into the caveman's chest...

Cornelius Wendell Caster

Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte December 7th 2012, 4:16 am

Gwharr was rather shocked by the fact that the tiny little bouncer was brave enough to stand up to him, despite the obvious difference in size. Here he was, almost eight feet tall, weighting in at more than half a ton and with biceps bigger than the mans entire chest. Usually people either gave up or drew guns or called their mates when he started threatening them. After all, it was fairly obvious that a normal-sized fellow would have little chance against a brute such as himself. He opened his mouth, revealing a pearly white set of somewhat pointy teeth as he let out a savage, snarl. This man had some serious guts, standing up to him like that, but bravery like that could be dangerous if used against the wrong person, and in a way Gwharr would almost be doing him a favour when he punched it out of him in a few moments.

However, before he had time to do something the other man would regrett, Cornelius piped up, obviously trying to defuse the whole situation, by telling everybody to take a time-out to think things over instead of resorting to violence or such. Gwharr was not the sort to usually be swayed by such speeches, but Cornelius was the one who was in charge. Not only had he offered to buy the Crude, Calamitous, Carnivorous Caveman dinner, but he had also bested him in combat, wich meant that he was in fact the strongest one here, thus he should be obeyed. At least to an extent. He would refrain from attacking at the moment, but if that thickheaded bounced decided to insult him further, he would take him out for a scrap

"Ye'r lucky the old man's here, tiny, or I'd have yer guts for dinner, tiny. One more thing! while you an' yer lil' freinds were coverin' in yer basements, I woz protectin' this city." Gwharr growled as he turned around. He found himself once again loathing this "new world" he had awoken in. He had fought Necrodium and his minions, smashing them to bits, all to protect people like this. And he was not alone either. In fact, most of the "metahumans" had in fact rallied to protect the city from the villains that had destroyed the city. In fact, one of the women he had loved had given her life in the battle against Ibis. At times like this he occasionally wondered if he had been on the wrong side during the whole ordeal. . .

However, his thought was interrupted by a loud bang, as one of the thugs fired a gun. Despite being invulnerable, Gwharr jolted slightly in surprise at the sound. He barely even felt the bullet collide with his chest. In fact he didn't even realize that he had been the target as he looked down and saw the malformed remains of what used to be a bullet, before once again looking up, his small, pig-like eyes scanning across the crowd, quickly finding the guilty party, in that he was the only one who's gun was smoking. The caveman growled menacingly as he started to move towards the man, who seemed to quickly grasp the danger of his current situation.

The bouncer quickly moved between Gwharr and the shooter, holding his hands up. Everybody calm the fu. . . he started, before he was smacked aside by the enraged caveman who bulldozed through a table in order to get as close as possible to the shooter. As he charged, the caveman roared loudly. A deafening, blood-curdling sound. Now the bar turned into a thunderous inferno as many of the guns fired, almost simultaneously at the big caveman in particurlar or his companions in general, however, bullets did nothing to stop the Rage-fueled, Roaring Rampage of Revenge. The initial shooter desperately looked for a way to escape, but unfortunately he had seated himself in a booth, so he was trapped like a rat on a sinking ship. The cavemans massive arm shot forwards, an oversized hand grabbing the man around the waist, throwing him down on the floor, as if he was a ragdoll. Then gwharr placed foot on his back to prevent him from escaping, as he grabbed ahold of the table the shooter had previously been sitting at, swinging it around effortlessly in a series of sweeping motions, knocking all of the nearby to the ground, even breaking a few bones in the process, before hurling said table at the bar, where a terrified bartender ducked just in time to avoid having a table smashing into his head.

The caveman then roared another roar, this time of triumph as he beat his chest, bullets still flying through the air, but doing little to bother him. The caveman then turned his attention to the man he had trapped beneath his foot, snarling likea wild beast, strings of saliva hanging from his mouth Before bringing his fist down, ending the shooter quickly and painlessly.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Caster December 8th 2012, 9:12 am

Cornelius grimaced, slightly horrified with the disappointing turn of events as the measly bullet bounced off his gigantic companion. Even though the bullet seemed to have done nothing more than tickle the caveman it was the very act of shooting at him that in sighted such rage, an anger that the pensioner grudgingly understood. It was a foolish and cowardly act, fitting for foolish and cowardly men. years of military training taught Cornelius that violent showdowns such as this were best taken on with an evasive approach, especially since he was in charge of lives of Amêlie, Bernard and to some extent his new companion. As soon as as the bearded beast-man charged at his attacker the entire bar erupted in a chaotic storm of bullets and broken bones. Men raised their weapons, like the snide poachers roaming the African wilderness these men were attacking the great caveman, albeit in vain...for his tough hide merely bounced the bullets back in the opposite direction.

Bernard! I think it's time we find ourselves a new establishment...one less crowded,"Cornelius huffed, procuring a small vial from within his coat pocket and shaking it vigorously. "Ohwells..bubble,bubble boil and trouble!", he thundered with a quaint grin on his lips, hurling the vial onto the table before any stray bullets managed to penetrate his immediate area. A thick white smoke instantly billowed out of the shattered vial, spewing around the their little booth, completely enshrouding the three companions in the smokescreen. Clasping Amêlie around her little waist and Bernard by the scruff of his neck (gently of course) Cornelius quickly galloped his little friends away from the chaos.

"Je veux regarder!(I want to see!)", Amêlie squeaked, her little brow furrowing and bottom lip pouting as she was rushed out of the bar...completely unfazed by the brutish monster.

"Not today my dear! Definitely not today", Cornelius hurriedly muttered, slipping out of the bullet riddled front door and ducking next to the outer wall, holding his two little companions safe. It wasn't the first time they'd faced a vicious brawl...why this was a rather tame situation if one removed the rabid suit wearing Neanderthal from the equation. Every bone shattering crunch, animalistic roar and the gut wrenching sounds of whiskey bottles shattering on the cold floor was more than enough to make the silvery haired sage cringe. Peaking his head around the corner of the door the elderly savant's fluffy eyebrows rose in instinctive surprise at the sheer level of damage done in those few seconds after escaping.

Men rolled on the floor clutching their battered bodies, armed weapons strewn across the floorboards like a Russian christmas party gone wrong. "Well call me a cucumber and feed me to some bunyips! Look at this place", he nervously chuckled to himself, not really directing the comment at anyone other than the situation at hand. Pushing his weight onto his cane he strode inside, kicking any potentially dangerous obstacle out of his way with a flick of his polished shoes. The caveman had done a fairly impressive job of refurbishing the interior...giving it a more tribal feel. Although in his current state of animalistic rage he seemed to of missed the shotgun wielding bartender.

"Oh come on.." Cornelius huffed, exasperated with these men and their silly guns. reaching into his coat pocket he summoned another small transparent flask, a steaming red liquid churning within the glass. "Maybe you should try some of my own moonshine!", he theatrically cried, tossing the glass vial at the bartender's face. Before the trigger was pulled and the beast was left even more angry the unusual projectile made contact with the man's cheek, bursting into a steamy 'POOF!'. "that should do it!" he chuckled, brushing his hands together with a confident grin plastered on his lips. the bartender was left clutching his face screaming at the top of his lungs, thrashing about so hard that the rest of his alcoholic produce came hurtling on top of him.

"WHAT DA FUCK IS THIS!? OH GOD I CAN'T SEE!!" he cried, splashing his limbs around the ground behind the bar. Although is comment was completely disregarded by the cane wielding Caster who had his sights set on the seething caveman.

The spritely magician strode over to the brute, giving him a warm grin before tapping his cane on the floor. "I think we should probably visit another venue...more inviting than this place anyway", he shrugged his shoulder, grimacing a bit at the dead fellow at his feet. "There's always the possibility we could find a street vendor. Besides, I'm sure you would be much more intrigued with my selection of spiffy drinks that this place could only dream of owning.." he chuckled, flapping his leathery hand in the air...completely forgetting about the violence that had occurred only a minute ago.

Cornelius Wendell Caster

Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte December 10th 2012, 10:18 pm

After his little roar of triumph, Gwharr was feeling much better, but his blood was still boiling, and his thirst for carnage had not yet been satisfied. His greedy little pig-like eyes darted around the place, localizing any and all shooters that still seemed to foolishly cling to their guns and firing them at him. he let out a bestial sound that was somewhere between a monstrous roar and a vicious laughter when he had picked his target, and those around him could feel the vibrations in the floor as he rushed across the room, in a manner similar to a raging gorilla, the guttural noise he had made earlier replaced by a low-pitched growl, as he smacked his intended target and one of his friends across the room, where they hit the wall and collapsed, in a pile, before slowly getting up and absconding the location, rather than facing another of the cavemans violent rampages.

The caveman in the meantime had the better part of a booth over his head, his eyes once again darting back and forth across the room for someone to deposit the booth on, in order to further cause agony to his assailants. a slight chortle escaped his lips as he found another target, but he was then distracted by a sudden crash of a glass breaking and a poof of steam erupting around the the man behind the bar (whom he had pretty much forgotten about during his little rampage) quickly spreading around the room. Gwharr coul not help but to snicker as the barman thrashed around and seeingly managed to get the entire selection of (not so fine) beverages to fall on top of him, the sound of shattering glass loud and noisy.

However, before he had further time to find himself a new target, the elderly Cornelius aproached him, still managed to look good-natured and rather charming, despite of the chaotic scenes of destructions aroudn of him, and the soft whimpers from the downed bar-patrons. He seemed to suggest that they abscond from this location and find themselves somewhere else to drink, something with Gwharr whole-heartedly agreed with. "Sounds good. This really ain't my kinda place anyway." he said, as the pair ambled toward the exit, Gwharr sheepishly stopped to put down the crumbling booth he still held over his head, seemingly having forgotten about it untill it was time to get out through that door.

"You folks didn't get hurt, did ya?" The Surprisingly Soppy Smasher of Scoundrels asked as the little mismatched team of miscreants exited the bar, following Cornelius to whatever Wacky Hjinx they would stumble into next.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Caster December 12th 2012, 9:16 am

"Hurt? By golly by gumbum! Of course not...we simply stood outside for some fresh air whilst you had your little kerfuffle" , he grinned in a rather cheery manner, wrapping his suited arm around the bulging muscular trunk that was the caveman's bicep. "I'll leave a cheque for these lovely hosts of ours...", he said softly, controlling his tone as he carefully placed several pieces of gold on a table that wasn't entirely shattered from the night's action. He bore no hate for these men nor did he wish them the brutal conseqences of thier foolishness. He simply pitied them, the poor souls who actually thought their hate and ignorance would help them destroy the magnificent creature known as Gwharr. Where these men saw a monster Cornelius saw a grand spectacle of nature; a walking talking chapter of mankind's tumultuous evolution. It appeared that mankind as it were was not ready to face such things, their fear overriding their curiosity. "Such a shame..", he tutted before swivelling on his heels and waltzing into the cool embrace of night.

[b]"First he ruins a well regarded establishment and now we're taking him out for seconds. Fantastic", a certain four legged mammal said in a rather flat voice which oozed with passive sarcasm. However this comment was brushed aside by the bearded fellow who eagerly hobbled out into the streets.

The moon had risen from its murky slumber, illuminating the wreckage with its silvery tendrils of light. Four companions of the most strangest of origins walking through the Ruins of New York like aliens in a foreign world. Was it the lack of life? There were no cabs, the constant stream of yellow automobiles lost in the carnage that had ruined this once great city. It was nothing more than a playground for the downtrodden and the helpless, a cruel reminder that there were some people who did wish harm onto others. Looking over at the gargantuan Neanderthal the silvery haired sage grinned, content with this fantastic new acquaintance of his. Sure Amélie and Bernard took time to warm up to new faces but the Elderly magician saw passed that monstrous exterior, feeling the passionate, proud beast that lurked within...a creature truly deserving of the best the world had to offer. In that case it meant some of the most powerful liqueur known to man.

The little circus of freaks had managed to find themselves a comfortable spot atop a fallen sculpture, it was broken but stable and the pensioner did not find much problem climbing the sculpted bronze head. Overlooking the ruins before him a sigh escaped his lips, ushering a faint fog to come out of his breath. "I guess after the many trespasses that we have faced today...I think we are quite deserving of some good ole ale to keep the spirits up!" , he clapped, placing his cane to the side before procuring two small flasks from his coat pocket. Tossing one at the grand beast Cornelius let a rather excitable grin stretch across his face. "Now don't worry, it won't melt your face off...I can assure that. I just hope you can handle the burn.." , he chuckled before raising the cool grey flask in the air before taking a hearty swig.

His two smaller companions had opted to rummage in a nearby mass of fallen masonry, not caring for the fine art of making new friends. "I do hope you forgive Amélie and Bernard, they are quite precocious little creatures but they mean well. If she hasn't stolen from you then you mean nothing to her!" he grinned, doting on the sassy little gypsy like she was his own granddaughter. "Now tell me good sir! How on earth do you keep such a fine bars under control?", he asked with eyebrows raised in curiosity.

It had begun, the swapping of questions and tales that would result in these two unlikely allies to become friends. The night was young and for a moment these two companions felt like they were once more in their youth, experiencing the lighthearted freedom that good company and good alcohol could bring. Hearty laughs soared into the cold night sky, warming up the ruins of the old city. In a place of death an unbreakble friendship was formed and on this night Cornelius felt like all of his troubles had slipped away. Maybe it was the alcohol or maybe it wasn't for he did not care.

He had made a new friend and he was truly thankful for it.

(End for Corn! Haha now that the pleasantries are out of the way the real adventures of Corn and Geharr can begin)

Cornelius Wendell Caster

Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte December 17th 2012, 6:56 am

Gwharr could not help to grin as the almost annoyingly cheerfull old man decided to lead him away from the Brutally Battered Battlefield that was formerly known as a rather pleasant tavern. He snorted in contempt as he looked back upon the building. No doubt they were regretting picking a fight with the Smashiest Super-Sod around, aka Him. Because of the violent brawl the giant caveman seemed to be in a far better mood than earlier, and so he snorted with laughter as Cornelius started to talk in his curiously peculiar "goofy old-man" manner. He especially found the world "Kerfuffle" funny for some reason. It sounded so silly, kind of like a pair of rabbits having a boxing-match or something equally outlandish yet adorable.

"Kerfuffle? Ain't soundin' violent 'nuff. I'd call it a brawl at the very least." The caveman grunted before chuckling in a surprisingly good-natured way.

He couldn't help but to notice that Cornelius placed several pieces of gold on the table. It was probably worth quite a bit of money, and Gwharr figured that it was wasted on the likes of these men, but Cornelius probably had the right to waste his money on whatever endevour he thought was worth it. Besides, if the caveman pointed out the foolishness of donating money to these agressive ruffians, the old man might realize the foolishness of buying a certain caveman dinner and numerous drinks.

However his train of thought was interrupted by that noisy little badger who once again piped uo, complaining about his actions whilst in the pub. Gwharr snorted in response and let out a quick but deep growl in the direction of the badger. That Fluffy, Furry, Feisty Fool was starting to get on his nerves with his sarcastic comments upon whatever it was that Gwharr was currently doing. It was quite likely that the two of them would not get along all that well in the near future, but he couldn't deny that the Badger was quite courageous to dare to challenge him like that just after he had smashed that bar to pieces. However, no matter how highly he thought of Bernards courage he still wasn't going to let such an insult pass him by unanswered

" I 'ad ta defend meself! They bloody shot at me, ya hairy lil' twit! Or maybe ye 'ad yer head too far up yer own arse to notice!" He answered, his deep voice rumbling and obviously rather annoyed with the incessant prattling.

Cornelius seemed to be in good spirits as they ventured through the ruins of the once-great city. Gwharr couldn't help but to draw parrallels to that time he had ambled through the ruins of ancient rome, such as the collosseum, far after the city had fallen. He had recognized it, but it was not really the same as it was when the structures was actually in use. It felt rather comforting to have company whilst walking throught these ruins, as it prevented him from being totally buried in twentytwo millenia of piled-on nostalgia.

As Corn sat down upon the toppled sculpture Gwharr did the same, finding a rather comfortable spot on the torso of the once-proud statue of whoever it was. The arm of the statute was so placed that it made a decent backrest for the Harsh, Horribly Hairy, Hulkish Hooligan. He smiled as Cornelius handed him a bottle, nodding briefly in a sort of non-verbal thank-you gesture as Cornelius handed him a flask of liqour and warned him of the "burn" of the contest. He couldn't help but to grin slightly. "Spent more than a thousand years buried under lava, so don't worry 'bout me, old man" He said, grinning widely. The caveman was indeed in good spirits today. He took a swig out of the bottle, the strong, yet warming taste filling his mouth. It was indeed tasty, no doubt better than anything that place had been able to serve up, even if they had been inclined to serve their little group.

"Delicious!" Gwharr exclaimed as he followed up with another small sip from the bottle, mostly to see if the deliciousness went away after the first mouthfull. It did not.

"Ya know, Cornelius. This reminds me of when that earthquake hit Rhodes over twothousand years ago. me and a few friends sat down on the remains on the collossus and drank in the ruins of the city, sorta like now." He said before taking yet another, moderate sip from the bottle, seemingly more for the taste than for the drunkening.

"Guess history does repeat itself." The caveman said with a chuckle. Soon enough the little group of individuals were sharing tales, and in a way it felt like Gwharr had known them for years. He told them about the mammoths of ancient times, and how his people had worshipped and feared the thunder in the sky, and in return he was told many wondrous, if slightly more modern.tales.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top