The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Photon I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Photon I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Photon I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Photon I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Photon I_vote_lcapPhoton I_voting_barPhoton I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Photon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Photon Empty Photon

Post by Photon August 21st 2012, 1:01 am

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Photon
Title: Whizkid, Light-boy, The Bulletman
Alignment: Good
Race: White (Caucasian)
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 163 lbs.

Costume Description/Image:
Spoiler:

Personality: Alex is a very bright and curious individual, often absorbed in thought if he isn't speaking with someone. He has a rather easygoing manner, though he often alienates himself from others with his extra-sharp mind. He takes the time to articulate himself well and approaches each situation after quickly analyzing the variables. The one thing he doesn't put up with is being bullied or belittled, though he prefers a subtle approach to quick action.

History: Born and raised in Michigan near the lake, Alex knew from a very young age that he was special. He started speaking when he was three months old, could solve complex equations by the age of four, and graduated from college at the age of nine with dual degrees in Physics and Computer Science. He was always known by other students as The Whizkid, a nickname that followed him and eventually became his online handle. After teaching for a few years, he settled down in New York City to begin writing complex genetic algorithms. He tried his best to fade into the background, going so far as to leave the city and move to a smaller town to escape the attention.

He continued working on different programs and physics simulations to make money, his most challenging work personal projects ahead of their time. Quite by accident he discovered his other latent ability, the control of wavelengths of light. He was meditating, clearing his mind and focusing on a point in space, when bright light distracted him. He opened his eyes to discover a small orb of light floating where his mind's eye had pictured it. His concentration slipped, and the sphere disappeared, but he was able to bring it back with a concentrated thought. He was easily able to make several other spheres appear, separate points in space that illuminated his surroundings. With a slight effort of will he directed them to circle around his body, and suddenly he had a new project.

Alex understood the theories of wave-particle duality and electromagnetic waves from his studies, but the ability to generate them at will was something he couldn't understand. Several experiments ensued, from creating one rather large sphere to a multitude of pinpricks of light. He also discovered their dangerous potential when he allowed several of them to shoot into an old tire in his yard. He had made the spheres as dense as possible and willed them to shoot toward the tire as quickly as he could. Upon impact, the rubber exploded in several places, the spheres energizing the material as they made contact. One glob of molten rubber splattered on his shirt, and he quickly stripped it off, tossing it away.

He found that his ability wasn't limited simply to creating and directing these spheres either. By absorbing them into his body, he could become faster and more reflexive. He had some preliminary training in Aikido, but found he was much more flexible and reactive when he had internalized the electromagnetic waves. He quickly learned to master the art, applying what he had observed and studied with his new abilities until it was second nature. He could even make himself move faster without tiring by energizing his muscles.

All the while he collected information about his power and generated computer simulations to try to understand better how it worked. He developed a new 2048-bit encryption standard to secure the information he had to store in a computer that was never connected to a network and would be incapable of doing so thanks to data transfer detection software he had developed.

Recently, he began to conduct searches to try to find others like him, investigating rumors and speculations as well as information from the tabloids. All the information was stored in his mind, and he carefully made his moves, each one carefully considered before being placed on his mental chessboard. It was time he finally made a critical move and began to use his powers to do more than destroy tires.

Powers:
Eidetic Memory (From Int): Alex possesses true eidetic memory. He can observe a scene for moments and recall it perfectly years later. Complex diagrams and schematics come back to him easily, making notes or books useless. To store the information, he keeps a mental library within his mind, the shelves filled with books he has read and diagrams he has seen. With a thought he can find the information he seeks. He's theorized that it has to do with storing the information as light patterns in his mind and bringing those patterns back to the surface on command.

Photon Bullets (5 EP): Alex can use the waves of energy stored within his body or in the air to form balls of power around him. These spheres can emit light, if he so chooses, though even if they are outside the visible spectrum they give off a faint red or purple color depending on whether they are made from ultraviolet or infrared waves. These concentrated spheres can also be launched like bullets toward a target, their speed sub-luminal to maximize their explosive potential.

Power Grid:
STR: 2
SPD: 3
END: 2
INT: 6
EP: 5
FS: 4

Power Grid colours: Blue and silver

Character Image/Description: See Costume

Roleplay Sample: ((This is a post as a Transfiguration Professor from a Harry Potter RPG site I'm in.))

As the older students began filing in, Professor Harrison took note of each. Some seemed eager, others bored. When they realized what they would be working with, perhaps the bored students would be a little more interested. A small water clock on his desk noted the time, and as the last few drops drained out and the device reset itself, the Professor closed the door with a soft click.

"Welcome back students to another round of Transfiguration. I'm not sure what you have learned so far, but I will assume you know about the Transfiguration of one inanimate object into another at least. This lesson may partially be a review, but we will be covering some things that I am sure you will be most interested in nonetheless," he began, pointing a finger at his desk. The middle of the desk dissolved, and caged rats rose out of it alongside glass jars of beetles. "You have all purchased your transfiguration kit, and I have been taking care of the contents of that purchase for you. Since this will be on your O.W.L.'s I suggest you take the time during the practical portion of our class to attempt to transfigure them. Don't worry about hurting them either, I should be able to reverse any mishaps you may encounter," he continued, and with another wave of his hand the creatures descended back into the desk compartment.

"The Transfiguration of creatures into inanimate objects is more complex than transfiguring even objects with multiple materials. We must take into account that a living thing is composed of cells, while inanimate objects like a sword are composed of only a few things in a predetermined configuration. We must also be careful because living things are constantly in motion internally and we must transfigure the entire being or risk hurting it," he continued, pausing to sip a glass of water. "Are there other considerations you can think of, to explain why it is harder?" he asked the class in general (Prompt 1). The ideas were no doubt complex, but they would be covering them more in the next few lessons.

"It is also easier to transfigure something without a spine, such as the beetle, than it is to transfigure something that has one, like a rat. More complexity means more things to worry about, and more things that can go wrong. You should begin by working with the beetles first, and only move on to the mouse once your results are satisfactory. You will be turning beetles into buttons and the rats into pin cushions."

"If the task of transfiguring animals seems unappealing to you, perhaps our next topic will be of more interest. As some of you undoubtedly know, you will have to perform Conjuration magic as part of your Transfiguration O.W.L. Conjuration is the art of creating something seemingly from nothing. The origin of such objects are unknown, and it is uncertain why no conjuration is permanent. Anything you conjure will eventually disappear, though your willpower will affect how long the object remains. Would anyone care to speculate as to why conjurations aren't permanent?" he asked the class as he paused to take another sip of water (Prompt 2).

After the students had answered, he continued. "Conjuration is also governed by Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration. What is most important are the Principle Exceptions to this law. For one, it is impossible to create food out of nothing. You can summon it, multiply the quantity of some you already have, enlarge what you have, or transfigure what already exists, but you cannot conjure it. Can anyone else think of what another exception may be, and why?" he asked, pausing for responses (Prompt 3).

"Your goal for today will be to conjure a simple wooden chair. The incantation for this is sessibulum," he said, and with an effort of will he caused a plain-backed wooden chair to appear before him. He moved the chair out of the way before returning to the front of the class. "If you don't have perfect focus, understanding and will, you could conjure nothing, or a deformed chair. Even if successful, your chair may not last more than a few seconds if your conviction is lacking," he finished, turning to point and murmur at the desk again. "It is time for you to try it out."

((End RP))

P.S. This is my first character, and I'm not entirely sure I have everything in order yet, so suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited by Photon on August 21st 2012, 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Photon
Photon

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Photon Empty Re: Photon

Post by Chellizard August 21st 2012, 1:14 am

Your history is on the shorter side; you sure you don't want to write anything else about his past? Give him a more elaborate detail? Explain how he got his titles? His name?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Photon August 21st 2012, 1:59 am

I've revised his past, fleshing out his backstory a lot more and adding some semblance of his motivation.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Photon
Photon

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 21st 2012, 2:10 am

Very Happy Without further or do:

Approved and Moved. ;D

-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum