The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_vote_lcapRoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_voting_barRoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_vote_lcapRoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_voting_barRoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) Empty RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella)

Post by Chellizard June 20th 2012, 4:40 pm

Now, your adventure has brought you to your final destination, has it?

Have you built a friendship? Or are you trying not to kill your partner due to annoyance?

Are you ready to prove yourself in a fair fight?

A fight that pits you against your partner? If not, you are not fit for Thrones.

This fight shall be clean, and consisting of mainly hand to hand combat; though powers are NOT forbidden. I can guaruntee things will be interesting.

I hope you are all ready.

The rules, in an envelope taped on the back of the warehouse door:

• No killing is permitted.

• No 'finishing' moves shall be allowed.

• One may forfeit, but that will forever label them as a coward and thus; a Pawn within Thrones.

• The victor shall be given their rank before the defeated.

• Have fun; good luck.

The inside of the warehouse was blank and dark, and before anything could be described, the lights were turned on and the room was basically empty other than a simple locked safe on either end of the warehouse. One was just as you walked in the door. The other was all the way against the far wall. The floor was simply concrete, and the walls looked to be made of mirrors. The mirrors, however, faded to reveal more concrete walls. The light fixtures in the high ceiling were florescent and basic. The inside of the warehouse looked brandnew, of course. And it was. As were the other warehouses identical to this one. Gray floor, white walls. Simple. The buildings deminsions are: 50x20x40. (lxwxh)

Oh, and contestants? Do you remember the name tag you were given? It's been recording video and audio of the trip your characters have taken for later use to determine who is more deserving of their specific rank within Thrones. Bene fortuna.

>/...
>/... Begin.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) Empty Re: RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella)

Post by Beastly June 25th 2012, 11:44 am

The storm drains were found near the dock; a quick jimmy of the lock and he was able to duck inside. Of course he had to scoop up his cape first so it wasn't dragged through the muddy rainwater which ran out into the dock. The smell of stagnant liquid drifted through with the gentlest of breezes from above, as did the echoing sounds of the police drawing nearer. The Raven disappeared into the darkness but he was careful to casually walk before Arabella, making sure she was close behind. They followed the storm drains for a while, Laszlo mostly using hunches and the far off sound of the subway to get his bearings. His instincts and hearing proved to be quite effective, because the drain they had been walking through opened onto a platform that opened into the subway tunnel. Electricity flowed through one of the tracks as a train screamed by suddenly, whipping the cape out behind the circus performer. Laszlo paused and took the map from Arabella, orientated himself using the docks and his natural sense of direction, and finally set out for the warehouse.

The two of them probably made an out sight when they walked out of the subway system into a station; luckily there was only a hobo curled up on cardboard and a couple of bad kids that whistled at The Raven's partner. Szasz mostly ignored it and scaled the stairs out onto the streets, before moving onto rooftops. It took less then a half hour for them to finally reach the address they had been assigned. The two talked a little along the way, Laszlo discussing his parents and his brother and life in the circus. He guessed the pair of them had a lot in common with how she explained the origin of the pretty wings.

Finally the low dark building came into sight. Laszlo slipped down a fire escape, swinging a leg over the railing. He dropped down to the alleyway below, his cape flapping hard in the wind. The costumed hero turned and walked out onto the sidewalk, crossed an empty parking lot and plucked open the door. He held it open like a true gentleman for Arabella before he stepped in behind her.

The lenses on his mask limited the suddenly bright lights, a mirror depicting a never ending space filled with repeated instances of Arabella and The Raven. The mirrors faded to reveal the walls beyond, a nice touch all things considered. The gloved performer noticed the safe closest the door and flicked it lightly, before he pressed a hand to the tumbler. With an enough time he thought he could crack the case with his ear alone, but a note on the door caught his attention. "Come into the parlor said the spider to the fly... He mused to himself, plucking the envelope off the door. Turning it over in his hands he shrugged and held it out to Arabella. "After you."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) Raven2
Spoiler:
Beastly
Beastly

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 20
Job : Stage Magician
Humor : Good! I just took your watch.
Registration date : 2011-10-05

Back to top Go down

RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) Empty Re: RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella)

Post by Ember_Fangs June 25th 2012, 4:46 pm

Arabella was content to follow a man who seemed to know what he was doing. She was not an arrogant person like it came across in her fighting, especially with her blades. It was simply that she knew how good she was at fighting, but she also acknowledged there were others just as good, and others who were better. She wanted to fight those people, to learn. She was not ignorant enough to assume everyone would bow to her. Therefore she had no problems admitting when someone as better and the Raven was smarter than her. She scrunched her nose up in disdain from the mud she was walking through but reminded herself of the disgusting things she had waded through in Romania. Suddenly the storm pipe looked like a palace. Gathering her skirt up a little so it didn't drag she rolled the waist band up a little until the rim was way above her little army like boots and thus out of the way of dirt. She didn't mind getting dirty but if they were meeting up with people again she didn't want to look to much of a wreck. Her eyes ran along the wall of the tunnel, dancing over shadows which moved and raised goosebumps on her skin. A rat squeaked when they disturbed it's feast and Ari muttered something under her breath about vermin but kept moving.

The conversation was an interesting one. The Raven - who she would not address by his name out of respect for a man who tonight had proved he deserved it - began to open up to her. He talked of his past, his life as a circus performer and in turn Ari spoke of how she had travelled with a band of travellers and how, in Romania, they had been akin to royalty and treated like it. In fact, even the Government had bowed to them when they had gone to the major cities. She spoke of how important respect was and answered any questions he may have had. When it came to why she joined however she was quiet and breezed past the topic, brushing aside the fact she had lost half her soul in order to follow a childhood dream.

When they got back to 'civilisation' Ari decided she'd rather the rats. A group of kids wolf whistled and made a joke about finding somewhere classy for a night stand instead, and though it irritated Ari who probably would have taught him a lesson but Raven was walking and Ari settled for just moving her hand to her blade and pulling out an inch of naked steel. The sharp edge was unmistakable and the boys quietened some what. She was more interested in her surroundings now, taking in where she was going. The trains had really freaked her out. She didn't like them, she decided when another went roaring past and made her quicken her steps. In Romania only the rich rode trains and it wasn't like this. Not at all. No, she preferred her cart and the old ways. Horses were more loyal than a lump of metal.

When they finally got to their destination Ari paused and tested the air. There was faint smells of people who had been but nothing to say there was someone there. They weren't about to be attacked. Were they the first ones here? She stepped into the room when the door was held for her and bowed her head in a thank you before following him to the safe. She was surprised he gave her the envelope and carefully took it in her hands, flipping it over and with a blade, sliding the envelope open with a clean rip. She put the blade back on her belt and then slid it out and began to read quickly.

"Now, your adventure has brought you to your final destination, has it?

Have you built a friendship? Or are you trying not to kill your partner due to annoyance?

Are you ready to prove yourself in a fair fight?

A fight that pits you against---"

Arabella cut off and paused, looking up to Raven.

"Your partner." she finished and then passed the letter to him so he too, could read. "It says a clean fight," she noted and slowly unbuckled her belt with the throwing knives on. "So I won't squewer you with a blade," she teased some what. Fist to fist... Hm. She made her way over to the table and laid her daggers down and then her katana. Once done with that she fiddled with her skirt and took hat off too, to reveal baggy bottoms in the same red colour as the skirt. She took off her boots and then slid her locket from her neck and into her boot. She didn't want that broken. She did, however, keep her rings on.

"Ready?" she mused, standing feet shoulder width apart.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastly June 26th 2012, 6:20 pm

Laszlo watched with a gentle smile as a blade made quick work of the envelope. He even managed to laugh at the annoyance line as went down to one knee and pressed an ear against the metal, carefully trying to pick it as he messed with the dial. His efforts slowed when he heard Arabella cut off, before the words finally sunk into his mind. He held out his hand for the letter just after she had removed the blade, his words tinted with easy amusement. "I had hoped I wouldn't get stabbed tonight." With it in his hand he gave it a quick read, before turning and checking the back. Hrm. His lovely partner was beginning to disrobe the loose clothes that might be easy to catch a hold of. The Raven placed the letter down on the safe and then unclipped the cape from around his shoulders, swinging it in front of him. The man carefully folded the material and laid it out over the paper before he straighten his jacket and pulled his sleeves. The name tag was plucked from his wrist and placed down on top of the material as he limbered up slightly, dancing from one foot to the other as he shook out his limbs and hands.

The gloves, his weapons, remained on his hands. He could do hand to hand combat with an unarmed opponent, but he supposed if things got a little difficult he would be able to produce a couple of non-lethal batons or bats. What, he wasn't stupid was he? It was a competition and while he very much enjoyed the evening with his partner, he wasn't going to jeopardize his chances this evening by going soft. And he supposed that she wouldn't either. "Just a couple of ground rules I suppose; nothing below the belt-" He tilted his head as if that was self explanatory, tugging on his collar a little. The mask was in place and would offer a little protection from punches to the face. Plus his chest and shoulders were padded; legs might be a weakness if she goes for them hard.

"Hopefully no bone breaking, because that might sour our employment, but I suppose choking and pinning are fine until one of us yields." He shrugged gently and made a point of twitching his sleeves, brushing his hand down his leg to try and wipe the last specks of mud away from his usually shined business shoes. When he was finally ready he lifted his hands like a boxer, the backs of his hands aimed in her direction as fists formed and he hunched his upper body protectively. Feet slipped shoulder width apart and he took in a long slow breath before he said gently, "Ready."

With that he stepped forward once then twice, his body ducking to one side before he suddenly swung his shoulders in the other and lashed out with his right fist at Arabella's face; the momentary feint should put her off for a second but if she was quick witted she'd be able to block or duck out of the way. If she did, he was going to follow up the swing at her face into a sharp left handed uppercut towards her ribs. He was quick and was trying to strike hard with his full strength, wanting to show that he was absolutely serious.

Spoiler:
Beastly
Beastly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs June 27th 2012, 4:48 am

Arabella had not left herself unprotected, of course she hadn't. She wanted to win this or at least learn a good fighting technique from this new guy. He had been deemed worthy to join which meant he must have something good to contribute to the group. Ari preferred to watch her partner before duelling with them, take a few hits and the like to get a feel for their strength, act dumb, make them relax. But he had seen her mercilessly cut someone's finger from them and shove it down another guys throat. He knew she wasn't a weakling nor a bad fighter so this was uneasy playing grounds for her. She would prefer the feel of steel under her hands but if she was to be clean and honourable then so be it. She left her hands loose beside her as she watched him curl his hands into fists. She was going to let him attack first, not that she needed to wait or draw him into it. The boy meant business. The punch was well aimed and if she hadn't of done the following move it probably could have broken her jaw.

Ari had spent years as a performer and so she was flexible. As the punch came towards her her back bent to form what gymnasts called 'the crab' or 'the bridge' which was basically when someone bent over backwards with their back in an arch, hands and feet on the floor. The move had been intended to block the face punch, she hadn't known about the follow up punch but thankfully her movement meant that that only skimmed her rised, toned stomach. Fighting was graceful, Ari thought as she caught the movement in a mirror, almost like a dance.

"Lets change the temp," she muttered under her breath. Ari pushed up with her hands and flipped her legs over, sending the heel of her left foot towards his jaw and the flat of he right foot towards his chest. If he stayed where he was it was going to send him flying, if he barely moved her feet would graze him and allow for her to push off and flip over, and if he moved completely then the stunt would just mean she would have flipped over and landed neatly on her feet. She began her own circling now, her feet crossing over one another as her eyes raked over his body. The circle was a good move and if he wasn't moving with her then she was going to have him in the middle and be able to attack from the back.

"Come now pretty bird, I'm sure you have another move or two," she purred.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastly June 27th 2012, 7:38 am

The heeled shoes flew up and past his face as he slid back on his shoes, letting her roll over and land her feet down again. His smile faltered slightly however, when he saw his feflection in one of the bright see through windows. The costume, his stance, his face pulled into what was always an obviously forced expression. Who's benefit was he doing this for? Not he innocent people. He didn't really honestly care about them when he thought about it. Was it for him? No, why would he constantly put himself in danger just for selfish reasons... The thought rose in his head like a shark from the deep; His father smile and holding his shoulder, the idea of his father being proud and even happier then proud. He lowered his fists slowly and really looked through the mask. Laszlo suspected sad tired eyes under the white discs.

"I uh. Can't do this. Shouldn't." He thought of apologising but shrugged once, glancing finally at Arabella. That smile arose and then he turned on his heels and approached the cape, talking loudly. "I hereby yadda yadda yadda, Uncle." He easily joked, before he pushed open the door and dragged the material from the safe. Without a second glance back, he supposed he'd go home to his Mom. To his Brother. Family that meant something, family he neglected.

Spoiler:
Beastly
Beastly

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 28th 2012, 8:06 am

Chelle was already on her way into the warehouse, curious as to what was going on. However, brushing passed Laszlo had her brow raised. Seems like he wasn't cut out for the group. Chelle stepped into the warehouse and smiled at Arabella. "Well, hello there darling. Seems your opponent flaked on you, huh? Well, that's okay. You're not penalized because of his inability to fight a girl." She slid off her sunglasses and pushed them up onto the crown of her head. "I'd like to personally and formally accept you into Thrones, Arabella. You are now a Bishop within the group, and your title is Adept of Mischief. Good to have you, dearest." Chelle winked, gave the woman a smirk, and slipped her glasses back on before stepping out of the warehouse. She peaked back around the corner and clicked the button in her hand. "Oh, and since Laszlo is no longer going to be with us, you get his first months pay as a bonus. Instead of twenty-thousand dollars, you're going to pocket forty-thousand. Congrats." She gave a little wave and was off, tucking herself back into her limo to relax until the next fight was over.

(End of Quest for Arabella, though Arabella is allowed to post once more within this topic.)

-My DeviantArt-
RoT: Part 3 "The Fight" (Laszlo vs. Arabella) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs June 28th 2012, 3:56 pm

Arabella was stunned when Raven just left. She frowned, half torn between following him and staying where she was for her next instruction. She had learned a lot about the man in the past few hours and it would be a shame to leave on such a note. Alas, he seemed to have made up his mind. So she stood and her hands became loose at her side. The pent up tension on getting ready to strike had caused a muscle to tighten between her shoulder blades. She frowned when he left and then glanced back to her own goods. She should leave. She should have followed, she corrected herself. Raven had looked distressed or confused, or maybe he had just had an epifiny. Either way she should have made sure he was okay. Instead she had just stared after him like a stupid lost pup.

"Puteţi lăsa întotdeauna oamenii te apropii de mers pe jos, Ari. De ce nu poţi păstra doar prietenii tăi? Vei ajunge singur. (You always let the people you get close to, walk away Ari. Why can you just never keep your friends? You'll end up alone.)" Ari sighed and winced. "Singur. (Alone)" Yes she was definitely alone. Well she thought she was until Chelle spoke. Ari nearly had a heart attack and the hidden blade was in her hand in a second. Then she realized who it was and she slowly lowered the blade and flicked it up so the metal ran along her forearm, flat and tame against her heated skin.

"Thank you," she spoke in English and gave a tight nod. Mischief. Now that suited her. So she was in Thrones... Her new life began.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top