The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

I am the voice. (Invite only)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 Empty Re: I am the voice. (Invite only)

Post by Jack Maroon March 11th 2012, 4:39 pm

"Are you satisfied with yourself, hero?.
Your people hate, no they fear you.
You are nothing but a bloodthirsty barbarian and they fear what you will do to them once you are done with me.
Who truly is the evil one here? Can you answer that or are you so blind to the truth?"

Even through the metaphorical haze of blood that clouded his mind, Anu's speech reached Jack's ears. His enemy's words stopped him in his track, a rare feat. Jack halted his assault, one that unbeknownst to him would have ended in his death if he had carried on with it. If Jack had kept running straight at her, he would have fallen right into her trap, one that would have immobilized him and ensured his enemy's victory. That is, his untimely demise.
The speech she gave that was meant to demoralize him had worked against her, saving the intrepid fool's life. Still, it had almost achieved its original goal as well. Jack had been stopped, if only for a brief moment, and was considering the venom that the goddess had try to pour in his ear.

He looked around the crowd. They were terrified alright, which only made sense with the rampaging plants in the park and the metahuman claiming to be a goddess vowing to destroy humanity. But what hit Jack was that from their faces he couldn't read whether it was the plants they were afraid of or well...him. In reality, it was both. It was hard to see Jack Maroon as a villain; he had saved civilians and fought someone who desired world-domination. But it was almost as difficult for people to acknowledge him as a true hero. His words were far from heroic, his actions brutal and without any form of moral restraint. His bloodthirst scared them as much as the goddess' display of her powers and her claim to godhood and of dominion did.

But what the hell did he care about all of that? Jack didn't do what he did for them; he did it for himself. Everything he did was to ensure his life held meaning before it expired. Of course, that meaning was a little different from what the ordinary man would call meaningful; most people would not consider emulating insane feats from videogames and animated series to be the meaning of life. But this was Jack's choice. He wanted to be a hero in the only way he understood the concept. Jack smiled. Hell, this bitch thought she could beat him with petty words and trickery? Who the hell did she think he was?

'Who the hell do you think I am?!'' the words resounded through Jack's heart, through his muddled brain that had found the perfect opportunity to use that oh so precious quote. He had held the show it was from very dear to his heart, even considering some of the characters from it as inspiration for his heroic persona; the personality he had cultivated in himself. Yes. It was time. After the short few seconds Jack had paused in, he acted again.

He thrusted his right arm up and pointed at the heavens dramatically, assuming the signature pose of one of his greatest heroes. "Who the hell do you think I am?!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, and then moved out of his pose by executing a fist-pump with the erected arm. To the audience, the heroine who had just entered the fray, observant for now, and the recipient of this gesture, this act would probably have made little sense. To Jack it was as meaningful as could be.

When Essa, the heroine known as the silver hellfire, interjected, Jack postponed the speech he had just wanted to start. Her timing was terrible, but maybe she was worth hearing out.
“Hey, kiddies, why the fighting on a such a nice day? I mean, fuck, I’m trying to walk off some stress and all I see is this shit? What happened, did this girl call you a pussy and you can’t take it like a man or something?

Upon hearing what she had to say, Jack decided she wasn't worth hearing out after all. He ignored her for the time being and started his speech.
"I don't give a flying crap about what any of you thinks of me." Jack pointed at the small crowd of people watching the battle, tracing his finger across the areas they stood in. "I'm here to do what I want. And what I want, is to beat the crap out of this bitch. She's threatened people, attempted to kill people and thinks she's some kind of goddess that should rule the world. In my book, that makes her fair game for me.
So all you fucking cowards, you little people just keep watching the show, and think whatever you want. Because at the end of the day, it's me who's saving your ass, whether you like it or not."

Words alone don't account for shit though, Jack thought. To drive his point home, he decided to use some action to back up his words. As soon as Jack Maroon finished his little speech, he speeded towards the nearest light post, upheaved it from the earth and, guess what, launched it at the villain at the top of his strength. He knew what he'd say if his improvised javelin connected. "Even a goddess can bleed." That was from an old movie he had seen. Gotta love your classics.

The chance was high that he would not be given the chance to use the line, if his improvised javelin would not be able to pierce Anu's floral shield. At the very least, it would draw our young hero's attention to the shield's existence, and make him realize how close he had been to death had he continued his earlier assault.

Last edited by Jack Maroon on March 12th 2012, 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jack Maroon
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-02-03

https://www.superhero-rpg.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds March 11th 2012, 5:05 pm

Anu let her head fall back as a peal of laughter fell from her lips, and grew in volume. She found his actions genuinly funny, and the laughter only continued to roll from her. As if what he said was the best damn joke she had heard in her life, and that amused the goddess. The newcomer was only a distraction for her, as she began to speak. Chocking down the laughter that had exploded from her. "You have resolve. I respect that young one, but how far can it get you? Nowhere unless you have the power, and I don't think you do. Why don't we end this little charade?" She smirked, pointed a well cultured nail at the man and the woman.

She shifted position, standing on her lofty throne as the javalin was thrown, though it impacted witht he shield. Metal bending as it was cruhed in a deadly embrace of the petals. Before falling to the ground with a resounding clunk. An example of what would ahve happened if the guy chose to jump at her, and she knew that its shock value was now worthless. Though Anu had more weapons than just a simple shield. This man would die in the end, but now she was beggining to enjoy the fight somewhat. Only making her want to drag it out even more.

" So how about we wrap this up? I can't spend all day fighting can i?" She asked, jumping from her lofty spot, landing against the firm ground. Though she simply shrugged off a fall that would ahve broken the legs of someone else Next she held both arms out at her side, and moved them towards the heavens. Chanting in a language so ancient that it could be mistooken for the mutterings of the insane. As what seemed like an endless amount of vines erupted from the ground.

Writhing and lashing with a tremendous amount of force behind them that could sheer a man in two with a lash. "iad a mharú She spoke in an otherworldly voice, and the vines moved down on the heroes like a wave.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletteGoddess March 12th 2012, 4:42 pm

"Bitch, sit down before you hurt yourself." Essa rolled her eyes slightly. Positioning herself in a half bent stance, she lowered her centre of gravity, deeming her much harder to knock down. As a 6"4 woman and almost 300 pounds of pure muscle, the Silver Hellfire was already crowned with the award and sweet knowledge that she was extremely difficult to knock down by default. She knew plants and earth manipulators were strong, but at the end of the day, one things for certain; fire burns and thrives.

The albino Amazon took in a little breath and extended her hands. Rather than racing forward to face the wave of vines, she stood back, calm as ever palms outstretched, and waiting for the approaching wave as if on a beach and waiting for the gentle tide to come in . . . Once it reached her, she took a lunge forward. Not even glancing at Jack, and executed a massive fiery blue whip. A slick and slender flame that was powerful and sharp compared to the weeds. It singed and sliced through the plants like butter. Fire alone could burn an entire forest down. But blue fire could burn on water and ice. It was the hottest a flame could get and Essa prided herself in being given the ability.

The brute of a woman had a few cuts and nips from the fly astray vines, but seemed fine and perfectly capable of burning anything Anu sished to throw at her.Wanna try something else, hun? Or are you gonna continue to PMS like a whiny bitch? Listen. I don't GIVE a shit who the hell any of think you are! I'm The SILVER FUCKING HELLFIRE AND IM GETTING MARRIED IN A FEW DAYS. How about we ALL just put the claws away and go to the beach or something or the bar. Jesus Christ, I think you both need to get laid.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

~Essmerelda~
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 Tumblr_m7lt9k7NEJ1r827vgo1_400

7 feet and 200 pounds of pure woman.
ScarletteGoddess
ScarletteGoddess
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2012-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Maroon March 13th 2012, 5:08 pm

"Damn girl, you got swag", Jack said. He smiled and fired at Essa with a finger-gun. He was slightly impressed, which didn't happen very often. Besides the fact that the azure-flame amazoness had probably just saved his life, she had also given a pretty cool display of how to make use of the tongue-sword. He would have been verbally trashed at this point if it weren't for the fact that he was completely apathetic towards pretty much everything she or anyone else could have to say.

He put his hands in his pockets and stoically observed the vines burn. Blue fire. Hella pretty. There wasn't much else on his mind at the moment. In the short time it took the Silver Hellfire to intervene and start verbally lashing out, Jack had already snapped out of the bloodrage he had been in earlier.

"But m'afraid there'll be no bar-cruising or beachin' today. I gotta take care of the plant babe, ya know?" He cracked his knuckles and readied himself for combat again.

Jack Maroon
Jack Maroon
Post Mate
Post Mate

Job : Not anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds March 14th 2012, 4:55 pm

Her eyes narrowed into dangerous slits as she watched the vines burned down by the deadly flames. Whoever this woman was, she was a danger to her, and the plants. Though she couldn't allow them to simply push her away like some weak mortal fool. No, they would realize the folly that they had performed by challenging the goddess,and their blood would slack the earth. Though seing the plants burning as if soaked with oil both angered and saddened her. She couldn't do anything, and fighting them would lead to more fo the same, yet she couldn't simply run away. Though there were no other choices than this for her, sos he allowed a few seeds in her palm to fall.

Large plants sprouted from the ground, far tougher than the last ones and faster as well. They had blade like leaves that could cut steel as if it were soaken tissue paper. They were of course distractions, as Anu made her exit. Making sure to attempt to steal the next vehicle she came upon. This would have been the only time she would have found use for one.

Last edited by Anu on March 17th 2012, 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_Sacrifice March 16th 2012, 3:55 pm

"WAIT! COME BACK HERE, BITCH!" She spat, ifniting both hands fully and whipping around with an aggrevated grunt. "PUSSY!!!!!!!!!!" She shouted, sapphire blue flames spurting from her hands and engulfing the plants. If not burning them completely, singeing them to an extent that she grumbled,

"Hey, you, help me out, man. I'm 'good', I can't leave all these people to be burned alive. DAMMIT."

(Short and sweet--Just like me ;D)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
//*Madame Eris Sange*///
I am the voice. (Invite only) - Page 2 Adybe9

///*Come little children close your eyes
Dance with The Madame's pure black eyes
Feel the demons grab your feet
As you sway to their bloody beat
Hush little children close your eyes
Here come the broken butterflies///*

Fear is Inevitable--You can't escape it.
I am Fear itself--You can't escape me.
Sweet_Sacrifice
Sweet_Sacrifice

Number of posts : 24
Job : I'm so Fresh you Can Suck my Nuts
Humor : Swag
Registration date : 2012-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Maroon March 17th 2012, 5:47 pm

The plants had proven enough of a distraction for Anu to escape. It was easy for Jack to dodge their attacks until the Silver Hellfire had started burning them to a crisp. The plants didn't burn quickly, but in time the flames settled down and left the botanic monstrosities shrivelled and dead. Jack managed to catch a glimpse of the would-be goddess hitching a ride to escape with.

"Don't you fucking run, bitch! We're not done yet! It's not over until I kill you!" Jack yelled at the top of his lungs. He was frustrated at the fact that his opponent had fled like a coward, but that wasn't all. He would have gone after her if that was all. He could have lost, maybe even died if that tall fire-using woman hadn't intervened with her flames. However grateful he was for the rescue, it had soiled the competition. The duel was invalid, and the crazy plant-babe's escape technically didn't count as forfeiting or fleeing. After all, she had been outnumbered and driven in a corner by her greatest weakness.
No, Jack's frustration was mostly from this battle having no clear resolution. In other cases, he would have been fine; maybe the villain could be a recurring villain, a nemesis of his. But this one just didn't fit the bill for him. Crazy plant-lady that thinks she's a goddess. It worked as a concept, but only as a villain of the week for Jack to slaughter.

Full of disappointment, Jack walked straight past the heroine that may or may not have saved his ass, muttering only a soft "Thanks." under his breath. Maybe he'd meet her again, maybe not. Right now, he wasn't in the mood to think it over. He would head back home to Chicago. He had had enough of L.A. for the time being.

(OOC: I consider this thread wrapped up now.)
Jack Maroon
Jack Maroon
Post Mate
Post Mate

Job : Not anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top