The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDescending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_voting_barDescending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDescending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_voting_barDescending upon Olympus  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Descending upon Olympus

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 Empty Re: Descending upon Olympus

Post by Dr Cosmos November 19th 2011, 6:09 pm

The air was suddenly filled with an acrid smoke which mingled with the cloud covering. A hole had been punched through the thick bulkhead, which was stained black with the explosive but glowed white hot in some places. Below, a hallway went dark as light fixtures erupted sparks of dismay. He gave the turrets of the surface one cursory glance before he dropped himself down into the hole. His feet spread and his knees were meant to absorb the impact in a soft fashion, but his body was too tense and he hit the walkway with a thud, before being sent sprawling forward on his elbows and face. Or at least, the face of the visor. For a moment he stayed there in the darkness, before he heard the alarms from outside of the dormant hallway die; whomever was running the show seemed to be expecting the man. The old man. He pressed his hands down into the grating and pushed up, until he was on his knees. White hair, which had been dark only a few weeks ago (but didn't that feel like a lifetime?) covered his eyes as sweat beaded on his forehead. It seemed he needed his little machines for another purpose; they deployed around his shoulders and head and light up their torches, illuminating the hall.

The first thing that their eyes fell upon was a twitching monstrosity; a body that had been within the hall before the explosion. It had been eviscerated by a large chunk of metal, but it seemed to not really care. It's legs were destroyed but the upper body was pawing uselessly at the thick metal to lift it, shoulders and muscles jerking uselessly as blank mechanical eyes looked up into Clement's. He winced at it, but his mind was already delving towards the science behind it; it was still moving even though it should have been killed, it was obviously cybernetically enhanced. He could see the removal of an organic spinal column and reinsertion of something mechanical, the same happening to parts of the brain. How did whoever do this overcome the problem of giving cells oxygen? Did they simply step around it and preserve the body, replacing any parts that rotted or broke down with fresh machine? Was it really cost effective way to do such a thing.

He forced himself to turn away before he spent more time thinking of it, instead accessing his computer and searching out the wireless systems of the ship. They were closed tight, an iron defence that would take hours to break through. He was able to grope, with the fingers of his intellect, across the surface, fingers searching out soft spots where his probing computers to drill a source of information. There was something; the source of the shut down command was left unguarded, as if the mysterious controller had wanted to urge Clement through the gauntlet of tunnels to him. As he stepped out of the darkness it seemed to be true; there were more undead machines scattered around, watching him with dead eyes, but they did not step forward as he watched them.

”Ah. A trap.”

He stepped forward, unperturbed as he made his way into the ship. From what he could see here and there, it was interesting; some technology was familiar or was making it self familiar in his head, seemingly unravelling their secrets to his attention. He was already considering his own ship, the inhibited part of his mind revelling in the science and mathematics. Clement saw things that were off though; things that escaped him. These gave his wandering feet a pause as he observed the oddest of effects within the workings of the ship. He documented them, unable to know the official statistics behind them. That would take a few hours of informed estimation. The thoughts were driven from his mind however, as he came to the hall that was the source of interest. He paused, bringing forward one of his baubles. Turning on the camera, he looked over the soot smeared suit. With hands that were almost noticeably trembling from the adrenaline rush, he brushed his gold mask free of the darkness, before he ordered it lowered. His hands brushed the white hair from his forehead before trailing down to his upper lip, making sure that a bristle was not out of place with thumb and forefinger. Then his hands move to adjust the shirt collar beneath the suit.

It was not for whom he was about to meet that he did this, but himself. If he was sure in who he was as a person, then he could face anything that this universe, the next, or the space in between could throw at him. When he raised the visor again, he kept it opaque and gold so that he would have a barrier to hide behind. Because he was not a courageous man. He was not strong of will or fortified against the evils of the world. But he was still propelled do this, by circumstance and by the worse thing a man could have; Hope.

And with that, he opened the final barrier and looked out into the room beyond.

Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Illya November 26th 2011, 1:13 am

Necrodium listened as the sensor informed him of every single detail that was being witnessed by the personnel of the Olympus. Whoever this person was, Necrodium commended his courage to follow Necrodium's guidance and walked straight into the room which Necrodium and the now cocooned Bliss were residing in. The man who entered the room was somewhat tall, and was wearing a suit or armor of a strange and somewhat alien design. Without prior knowledge, Necrodium knew that the man standing before him either had an incredible intellect, or was being aided by someone who had such an intellect. Another possibility was that the being before wasn't even a man, but another form of life. Either way, Necrodium stood before the humanoid with an excited aura surrounding him. It has been a while since Necrodium was presented with a challenge, which he always jumped at the chance to get. Necrodium's glowing eyes grew brighter as he clanked his staff against the metallic floor, signalling all of the creatures to leave the room.

"Well hello there Intruder, I am Doctor Necrodium, whether or not you know that I am unsure, but I would like to extend my praise to you. You managed to find my ship, that in and of itself is no easy feat to accomplish. You also got past the defenses, on your own no less, another commendable feat. It has been a while since and individual such as yourself came before me, so I would like to savor this moment while I can" Necrodium said with his regular plain tone, no one could ever detect emotion, but his manner of speech makes the aura of a mix of respect and taunting. "For such a person to come around to my humble home at such an unexpected time, it makes me think about what could possibly have compelled you to come over here and break my merchandise. This ship is not cheap, so it is obvious I would like to understand as to why you come here. My best guesses would be that you are either here for Ms. Fokukama or to have a shot at me and Project Perfection. Whichever one, I'm not sure, but either way, Ms. Fokukama is indisposed right now. However I am here to challenge you should you decide to face me."

As Necrodium continued his speech the horde of clockwork zombies began to walk behind Necrodium, their bodies literally falling apart at the seams, only held together by Necrodium’s power and the mechanical enhancements he made to them. They had no free will, only moving by how Necrodium guided them, their drool and body parts lying limp as they waited for Necrodiums order. Necrodium watched his minions form around him, only a handful, about 20 were present, to make sure that the entire ship wasn’t left defenseless. Once the zombies were assembled, Necrodium focused his mind and multiple flashes of light appeared around him, shining green light onto his iron features. From the light, Necrodium’s Necrobots appeared around him, all retaining an uncanny likeness to the doctor himself, each armed with their own wicked version of Necrodium’s staff.

“But in order to get to any of your goals, you will have to go through them, and the rest of my staff before then. You’ll find that each and every one of them is willing to do anything to make sure that I am protected and that you are not able to make your way to whatever goal you wish. No matter how powerful you are, I doubt you are able to defeat this horde, and even if you prove to be able to, there are even more challenges to be made.” Necrodium said in a plaintive tone, explaining basically everything that was being interpreted at the moment, the odds that were stacked in Necrodium’s favour. Necrodium always played it safe, but his confidence would always shine through, regardless of whoever he was facing. Once Necrodium finished his sentence, the horde before the man seemed to be preparing to pounce upon him, but as their legs coiled in preparation, Necrodium raised his hand, causing all of them to stop in their tracks. “However, I am willing to make a deal, merely explain why you have come here, if it is something simple, I may be able to grant your request, or it may lessen your lifespan upon being uttered. Whichever way, I would like to hear your actual reasoning, rather than simply set my minions upon you and finish it quickly.”

Necrodium normally would have simply killed the man, even if it required his own hand, but there was something that was holding Necrodium back, and that was pride. Necrodium wanted to know deep down inside whether or not this man before him was the mastermind behind the operation, for if he wasn’t Necrodium would rather find the one who was responsible for finding his ship, the one that could pose as an actual challenge to Doctor Necrodium’s plans. People like those needed to be dealt with quickly and efficiently, but long enough for the good doctor to have some enjoyment from the engagements. With Necrodium’s offer made, the horde began to become excited again, bending and swaying in a nervous alertness, as if waiting for the very moment of Necrodium’s order to begin their attack and rip the man apart. Necrodium’s staff made contact again with the hard floor, making a loud metallic clank, signifying that he did not like to be kept waiting.

“Well? What is your choice?”
Illya
Illya
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 259
Humor : I am smiling
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss November 26th 2011, 3:35 am

Time faded. Any feeling that would keep her tethered to the reality around her left her to her own devices. Images spiraled around her head keeping her company in her solitude. Her mind shifted through the lives that she experienced and all the times she left an impact on those around her. Small hands and tender hearts belonged to a cold hearted killer; they fell into the desires of a thief with ambitions that suffocated love. If her eyes could blink or her heart could beat, neither would; this feeling of tolerance to emotion remained strong within her lifeless tomb.

Where did life come from? Bliss began to think of how little life she truly contained within this ice. Life came from meteors that impacted onto the surface of the planet. The heat from the impact would destroy the life from the equator of the meteor, so it would only exist within the side of the meteor. Her mind continued to roll over the thoughts and ideas of the tomb full of life she created. What life would accompany her into her state of eternal bliss? What tiny organisms existed inside of her created ecosystem? Maybe they would die once her system collapsed into a liquid state, but she could fight that. She could maintain the eternal stasis of her cocoon. She could reside to her existence as a frozen goddess to tiny organisms that could or could not exist. The question did not reside in whether or not God existed. The question was whether or not God acknowledged that we existed.

If God existed would he maintain a system for us to inhabit, or would he take his own selfish interests to heart and allow the universe to melt into the ground; allow us to suffocate and burn in the fires of the universe?

Bliss rolled through these complicated systems. Every moment the cold invaded her mouth and rang into her lungs. It complicated and thrust into her bronchioles like it was grabbing her soul. Ever breathe allowed an attack on her very being. Every breathe was another assault.

And then it stopped.

The ice caved from her mouth. Water dripped to the ground, forming puddles of failed assaults. The very life she sustained and maintained died accosting their goddess. The frozen chamber poured around her forehead; it drained along the meticulous ground and deposited in the cracks that her ice created in the ground. The invasion could not find her soul for she no longer kept it in the same place others kept their misplaced souls. If only they knew the origin of the beginning of their universe.

She kept her eyes closed. It just felt too good to open them again. Bliss faded into existential bliss.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cosmos December 1st 2011, 2:09 pm

It was within Ignatius opinion that sometimes one could speak for too long, especially within the super villain community. Perhaps it was cliché to point out clichés, but as the trap was set by a the willing mouse wielding a needle as a blade, Clement was only eager to know a few things. Firstly, whom this metal skeleton was exactly, the purpose of the ship itself and of course the ever prevalent question, ”Why is she here.” The offending woman, or at least offensive to him, was Miss Bliss Fokukama. A name he was growing more and more familiar with it seemed. The ache in his side agreed, as his eyes ran over her frozen prison. Had the automaton with obvious, vicious intent done that with some kind of weapon? It seemed like the situation was dire for her. Some part of him, a vicious part that would have most likely talked with a vacant robotic voice that the form across seemed to have, would have been overjoyed at such a fact.

Good. Good. Let her freeze to death; she was the thorn in the gash in his side. Removal of such a problem would be beneficial to his original intended goal and also to the new one he was now trying to wrangle control over.

When the voice stopped his eyes roved back across the abominations that existed in front of him. His halo of robotic eyes were armed with lasers, but if they began to fire he would be quickly overwhelmed by the physical presence alone. He could instruct them to turn and blast his way back out of the room, but then he would be an imprudent guest trampling over an invitation to save his life. He would also be trapped inside of a ship that considered him to be a virulent infection. He paused and then smiled under his visor, protected from sight. If the ship was a living organism, these monstrosities (including the automaton that spoke) would be considered antibodies. He realized however that there had been a beat or two passed in the supposed conversation he was meant to engage, so he lifted his hand and touched a button under his visor, slowly. A sharp crackling sound was heard as the inside of his helmet suddenly became audible.

”I'm here to steal your ship.” He said simply, before his lip twitched once again in a smirk. ”That is to say the essence of your ship. Schematics, read outs, technology. And while it is deeply against the moral fibre of my being I am afraid I will have to take something back to my employers.” Why, wasn't he being the cocky one? He turned to look at those undead machines and glanced back toward the one in charge, actually feeling confidence fill him. ”But, seeing as I've walked in here of my own accord, practically guided by your creatures and yourself, it would be foolish of me to simply tip my hand and expect to walk away from the table, if you excuse the metaphor.” He took a deep breath and the hand reached up again, flipping a switch which made the helmet slide back and fold into the slightly rounded back behind him. His black hair stood out against the white suit and his lip was curved up slightly. Half a sneer and half amusement perhaps? Or just baring his teeth at a predator to keep him at bay.

”My name is Ignatius Clement. Founder of Clement Industries and rather renowned inventor back in my day. I propose a trade; parts of your ship for parts of my rather extensive intellect.” Now this was dangerous. It depended on if the machine before him was aware of his history and technology, or whether he would be disregarded over personal pride. If he did, well then he was in a bit of trouble.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Descending upon Olympus  - Page 2 Xf9fet
Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Humor : Dark

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss December 2nd 2011, 12:20 am

Vibrations pulsed through the hard coursed substance. Nothing more needed to exist or come into her consciousness. Sirens abounded, the course flutter of engines propelled the world around her cocoon, but it mattered little to her. Once more she took a breath of the frozen air; her mouth no longer warmed the air, but instead inhaled it like a soothing vapor. Air flooded her no longer functioning lungs and froze, captured in her icy grasp.

She remembered all those things that once confounded her. The powers of language, the isolation of scripting, the discovery of bridging of dual existence in computer and human semantics. These circled her, but did not pull her wither way. These were her moons, not her revolutionary pull. The ice gave her a renaissance that proved that she did not orbit her ideas; they orbited her.

Water ran down her face and rested in the tiny exfoliated crevices that lined her nose. Sparkling brightly in the light fixtures of the examining room, her face shone in a light that radiated a false brilliance.

What a smart girl; just smart enough to put herself in the situations that allowed her to take full advantage of what others worked so hard on.

What a lucky girl; just lucky enough to avoid the consequences that awaited those who made those compelling strides. Such a smart and lucky girl could never suffer any consequences herself, could she?

Outside voices escalated with an irritation to her senses. What shielded her from content only served to escalate the distorted noise that entered her brain. While she continued the ecstasy of breath an affront to her brain entered the distorted path. The name Clement approached in the voice of Clement.

Jostling in her running shoes broke away several chunks of ice. Slush fell around her and melted away into pools of creation. Al the color from her skin faded to white. With no return of blood Bliss could only wonder how she could regain any color to her skin tone. The manacles around her wrist reminded her. "Magnets. Fucking miracles." Magnetism could pull her blood through the veins to restore the lost color, but that was neither here nor now.

"Hey asshole."
Bliss fired to Clement, her face sticking out from the collapsing ice palace. "You want to try being a little less of a pretentious faggot, or should I kick your ass til you realize what a piece of shit you are." Ice slid down the wall bringing the last of the residue to rest in the pool. Small remnants of the water particles trickled down her leg. Drenching herself in water proved beneficial to her quickly hardening hand. Ice caved over her fingers and sharpened to a point. Forgoing any thoughts of Necrodium, Bliss threw a punch directly at Clement's face.

"How about I knock some of that intellect out of your skull." Bliss stayed prepared to take Clement fifteen rounds if that's what she needed.

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye

Back to top Go down

Post by Illya January 2nd 2012, 2:34 am

Necrodium watched idly as two of the world's most incredible minds were bickering like children, throwing insults and witty remarks, completely ignoring the good doctor and his entourage of mindless minions. However, Necrodium didn't mind, these humans were in a deadly situation, they were free to do as they wished. Instead of focusing his attention to the two, Necrodium instead searched his memory banks for all the information he had on Ignatius Clement, knowing he had looked into the man several times before. To Necrodium's memory, Clement had worked a situation that included Bliss, which explained their obvious connection, and reason for bickering. But the more important part, was that Necrodium took note on Clement's vast intelligence, as well as in incredible amount of resources. The man had come to Necrodium's ship in order to understand its mechanisms, in return for his knowledge, but to Necrodium, that deal was not satisfactory. After all, why bother making a deal with a potential threat to his plans, when he can merely use him in the way that he wishes? With that, Necrodium banged his metallic staff onto the floor, making a loud clanking sound that echoed throughout the entirety of the otherwise empty ship. Once he knew he had at least a fraction of their attention, Necrodium proceeded to talk, his glowing green eyes growing narrowed showing his seriousness.

It seems that interesting characters coming into the light with my plans is a common occurance. Now I have a super genius breaking into my ship with an advanced battle suit. However, I will not be beaten by such simple methods. They will fall, just like everyone else, it is only a matter of time.

"In normal circumstances Mr. Clement, I would happily take you on your offer, you are an incredible intellect. I'm sure I could benefit incredibly from your research, and to be honest, I am not attached to this ship at all. It took too long to create, and upon creation, it was so easily infiltrated. So were it any other time, any other situation, I would happily show you how my ship worked. Unfortunately, that is not the case, I'm afraid it would benefit me greater to keep you here, where I can rip the information out of your skull, and keep you from becoming a hindrance to my plans. The problem is that you are too intelligent Mr. Clement, and you may well be more of a liability than an asset. As a result, I'm afraid you will be staying here with Ms. Fokukama. Since you already are aquainted with one another, I'm sure you'll learn to get along and be good coworkers, after I make a few 'adjustments'." Necrodium said, making a small gesture with his hands, backing away into the columns of his minions as they molded around their master and their anticipation to kill became euphoric, their unified howls and growls went through the empty ship, their jaws drooling with a combination of anticipation, hunger, or just mindlessness. "With this, I say good luck Mr. Clement, Ms. Fokukama. Please try and stay alive, you are more useful to me if I don't have to waste resources bringing you back to life. Capture them, kill them in necessary"

Necrodium pointed his staff towards the only two "living" creatures in the ship, and the entire horde charged instantly towards the two. In their sights, grutesque, half rotten bodies, robotic pods, all charging towards Clement and Bliss with a murderous intent, all wishing to beat the two humans senseless, wanting them to stop resisting Doctor Necrodium's will and submit, just like them. In the back, Necrodium stood surrounded by his Necrobots, all of them looking exactly the same, showing no indication which of them was the real Doctor Necrodium. In the back of his mind, Necrodium wanted them to resist, he wanted more complications in his game. He knew he was going to win everything in the end, but with complications, it added more interest from the otherwise bored Doctor Necrodium. Necrodium only sent his regular minions in hopes that they don't fall too soon, Necrodium wanted them to make him work for his victory, rather than give him a simple victory. However, with their credible pasts and there capabilities, Necrodium was sure that they would make him use his Necrobots at least, maybe they would even make him utilize his 'trump cards'. Necrodium watched in anticipation, wanting to see their reaction, humans were animals after all, and Necrodium waited for a fight, or flight.

"Don't disappoint me" Necrodium said idly as he watched his intruders get attacked by the massive horde.
Illya
Illya
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 259
Humor : I am smiling
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cosmos January 14th 2012, 9:51 pm

The sudden sharp sound of breaking Ice made Clement turn his head slightly. Steel eyes were already calculating that the amount of water running over the floor meant that a rather charming young lady was about to interrupt any kind of civil conversation. Wonderful. His hand went to his hip, gloved finger sliding in against the trigger as upper lip with it's small, carefully maintained moustached sneered at her. How dare she. It was her fault he was doing this now and yet she decided it would be him she went for first? With a slight fumble he had withdrew the weapon when the sudden chunk of ice swung around. Clement could have written down the velocity and impact force of such a punch if he had only a moment, but instead the ice cracked against the side of his helmet with a slight adjust of the tilt of his head and shoulders. The blow itself wasn't that strong, but the ice felt like a large diamond pick had been swung at him.

His footing slipped and his body kept twisting, side groaning in distress as the wound still ached. His elbow thumped into the deck and his forehead soon followed. The hand clutching his gun squeezed and it almost went off, but his finger eased just a little as the sneer turned into a full grimace of anger. He was preparing to push himself up to fire at the woman, but instead the moment was broken by the cool sound of Necrodium's voice. Talking again. Talking too much, for too long. Too long, when dealing with an intellect that moved at the speed of light.

The visor of his helmet rose up and locked into place as the empty hand on his side, pressed against the wound sustained from a previous fight, moved down instead to his belt. A disc was slid from its place and instead attached to the deck, done in a surreptitious manner; if they were watching his hand they might have noticed it, but when it was on the floor he began to push himself up as if he only wanted to inspect the ring of mechanical corpses.

Now he had a choice, to put it loosely. When the ring of abominations moved in, as they clearly would from the direction the speech was taking, he could happily stand over such an explosive and avoid most major damage. The shock wave would have trouble penetrating thick skin and the suit would absorb most of the shards of shrapnel and the heat. His head turned slightly, from his semi-kneeling position and he inspected her. It would be easy to push up form this position and tackle her, let the explosive work it's way through the deck below them while his body gained the burnt of the incident.

No. He simply thought, pushing the idea away. No. Let her die. After all, we all get what we deserve, don't we?

And yet, when the timer on the disc fell below five, he found his feet sliding into an almost sprinters position. The walls of the dead were closing in on the two of them now, clashing like the walls of the Red Sea closing behind Moses. And then he was lunging forward from his metaphorical blocks, his shoulder hitting the light woman in the stomach as his free arm wrapped around her. He was pushing up, leaping into the air, as the red numbers counted down from 3

Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss January 20th 2012, 4:15 am

All of her pretense of who she identified as the enemy in the room came back into focus. While Cosmos and her may still harbor growing resentment, now she needed to choose the lesser of two evils for her own survival. Metal clanged out her resolve while ushering in her death. "Do you have any..." She began bartering for ideas with the man when she remembered the resentment still lingering in her. "...Ideas?" Her last escape failed, so input from a new source could lead to a new development in ideas. Although her last escape failed due to the inclusion of others so maybe working alone would give her more assistance than tagging along with some inter dimensional loser.

Before she could muster up the final finding of her assessment the final deciding point came for her. "Be careful, some of these things might still be alive." The first wave came with the horde of the lifeless sort, but a heads up to Cosmos would make sure he knew to make sure he knew the details. While she prepared herself for the beginning of the assault, Cosmos made his way to avoid the assault and possibly save the duo from certain death, or possibly worse.

His cards now lay on the table, so Bliss found it only befitting to do the same for him. Waves of ice exploded from her hands towards the horde. This new power contained a great deal of potential that she greatly needed to harness. Jagged shards burst from the impact of the chunks against the ground. Aiming and firing differed from the energy blasts she so willingly fired out in her previous states, but controlling the ice to do her bidding seemed easy enough to hone. If she lived that long of course.

Now she began to think more about living and dying. With Cosmos grabbing her from the ground and moving upward she really stood no chance at doing anything else. The weightlessness that came from the uplifting heaving sent her stomach into her hips. She fought against the sick feeling that overcame her. "I hope you know what you're doing this time. Last time things didn't go so well, now did they?"

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cosmos January 23rd 2012, 12:02 am

”Oh just shut up you harpy-” The words were lost as the small metal disc violently exploded. A shock wave rippled through the confines of the room and sent many of the mechanical monstrosities back; even if they were alive, Clement deemed them no longer sentient or free of will, so he felt no regret. The wound in his side began bleeding again, the thick skin on either side of the wound providing little protection for the interior of his body. However, it provided plenty for the woman in his arms as flames licked around the interdimensional man. And then he was falling, falling back from the leap upwards. Calculations in his head were already estimating a second or two before he hit the deck below this one-Oh. Oh no. There had been miscalculation it seemed, as he landed with a sudden thud upon his back, his arms opening form around the cold hearted woman, who tumbled to the side. The metal floor was hot and black, acrid smoke rising up around his head. Around them, human beings that were no more but still moved were smoldering form flames and shrapnel. ”Oh, damn.” He managed, before a sudden very loud creaking to the left of him began further calculations.

The floor was sliding. Well, no, it was changing it's yaw; whereas it had been perfectly horizontal moments before, it was now pitched at a diagonal slant which sent the two of them, himself and Miss Fokukama, down into a darkened hallway. Live cables, carrying power, seemed to have been broken by the violent explosion and skittered along the floor, hissing sparks in their anger at being displaced. It was Clement who was up first, gun in hand, firing into the metal mouth his explosion had created. The monsters were coming and he would not be around to be taken so easy this time. He fired wildly as he tried to move away.

The room had been situated on top of a wall, which is why they had not simply punched a way through. Oh well, it had still served its purpose. He had Data to return, he had a trace on the ship now, all parameters of the mission had been fulfilled except of course the personal, non-company sectioned goal of entering Project Perfection. Perhaps another time. Now he should be fleeing.

”Ma'am, during the eventual heat death of this galaxy, should we ever run into each other again on some small asteroid that is the remnants of this solar system... it will be too soon.” With a sneer he addressed the woman as he fired off his gun again, blue streaked antimatter burning away the chest of one of the King's pawns. With that, he paused to give a slightly theatrical bow and turned the corner, eager to get out of this place; with a good conscience he could leave her here to rot. At least he had given her a chance of freedom. If she wasn't smart enough to seize it it was no bother for him. All he needed to do was find an exit; or make one. ”Goodbye.”

Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss January 23rd 2012, 12:31 am

Feeling herself flung against the metal floor caused a reactionary display of ice to sprout from her hands and take hold of the course metal. Facing death only a few feet away from a sworn enemy, with really only a poor history of unfortunate situations against him, brought Bliss to an angry place. Hearing the words levied against her worsened it.

While galaxy man tried to escape while firing a laser, Bliss decided to use her own powers to try and help her chances of escape. Ice poured forth from her hands and shot towards the fleeing form of Dr. Cosmos. Heavy amounts of ice darted towards him to freeze him in between a rock and a hard place. "By the way I broke the only way on or off this ship." Feeling very pleased with herself, Bliss darted through an opening made by the thermite charge Cosmos set off. The best option she saw to get away from this ship rested within finding some form of ship that could take her back to the surface. Or to destroy the engines of the ship and hope her ice prison could shield her from the impact of the crash.

In the confines of the hole she crawled into she began thinking of ideas to keep herself alive through an escape. Turning into a block of ice and jumping into the ocean from this height would cause the block to explode as it hit the surface of the ocean; even with a block going first to cause a disruption in the ocean the velocity of the impact would still shatter it. The idea launched her thought process into the realm of creating a ladder that would stretch down, but with how high they were breaking it would not take any trouble. During her brainstorming session she remembered the suit Cosmos wore. It looked outfitted for jumping.

Her idea stuck. Bliss ran as fast as she could back to where she and Cosmos parted ways and leaped to catch a ride as he began his departure from the vessel. As she leaped she threw an array of ice towards the ship to propel herself while adding a layer of ice to her skin, allowing her to latch herself to Cosmos whether he wanted her or not. "So, how's the daughter doing?"

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cosmos January 23rd 2012, 2:19 am

The Doctor stumbled when the wave hit his ankles and he was sent sprawling forward onto his stomach. Ice crawled up around the exterior of the suit, squeezing his feet together as it pawed it's way up his body. In a moment of clear thought, he removed one of the automaton's from his belt and sent it bobbing down the hallway. It would find an exterior wall as the Doctor turned in time to hear the fleeing insult of a woman that had been more then a bane to him then other other. The large chunk of frozen water refused to budge under the kicking of his feet, instead entombing him from the upper chest down. One hand was caught down by his side, but the other held the Antimatter pistol. There were only a few shots remaining, he estimated, so firing after her would only bring satisfaction, minus the escape. One, two, three well placed shots and he was able to pull his legs free. When they were out, he simply stamped on the area around his hand and tugged hard. Nimble, slightly chilled fingers slipped out the wasted electrical pack and dropped it into a pouch on his belt. Another was brought up, loaded and fired upon advancing dead which had crawled out of doorways and halls.

There was a beep on his helmet and a Head's Up Display kindly showed him the quickest route to the least shielded exit; oh. A hangar. As he took a steady step, metal suit cold. A gold plate cracked on his knee and he rolled his eyes as he limped onto the other leg. And then he was moving, quickly. There was one good thing from the little trip to the floor; his side had stopped aching. The wound was numbed now so he was able to move faster, gun at his hip and firing once or twice as the Doctor's machines tried to claw at him. There were a few close calls as he finally found himself at the doors of the Hangar; the lockdown was broken and he took a step into the large, empty room-Oh god.

He tumbled over, head hitting the ground as the blasted woman was on top of him again. She muttered something about Cassidy and he swung an elbow in her direction, clawing forward with the other hand. The little camera bobbed into the room to seek out the control panel. If there was none, it would seek out the machinations that opened the door, eager to break it open where digital code could not. ”Is it not enough that you tried to feed me to them, now you won't leave me alone? You broke the only way off this damnable ship; enjoy your stay.” His hand was shoved into Fokukama's face, trying to push her away. This was not elegant; in fact Clement had seen his children grapple in much the same during petty arguments a life time away.

Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by The Silence January 29th 2012, 12:32 am

"It's your turn Ibis... wake up"

Ibis' eyes shone bright green as he was immediately in his Artillery Form, a form that caused Ibis to look like a green spectral being made up of luminescent green energy, radiating mists of energy while having massive chunks of rock floating along the constant streams of energy, creating an outline of a body. In this form, Ibis had little to no physical power, but in return for that, his magical absorption and magical output was maximized to be beyond what was considered normal. With this state of being, Ibis was one of the most powerful spell casters in existence, based on pure power alone. However, Ibis was called onto this form for only a single reason, Doctor Necrodium wanted Ibis to completely obliterate someone, or fight a being so strong that he would need his almighty magic to defeat. Upon his awakening, Ibis immediately began to move out of the container he was placed in near the Hanger of the Olympus. Floating out of his chambers and into the hanger, Ibis spotted two figures in the distance, them being on the other side of the hanger from him. Once he made confirmed visuals, Ibis was hailed onto communications from Doctor Necrodium.

"Good you're awake. Now Ibis, I want you to look back at those two you see across the hallway, they are very important people and I do not want them to get away from here. I want you to make sure they don't get away, you can use whatever means necessary, you can even maim them or even remove their limbs. However, I want them alive Ibis, I want you to make sure that they are still breathing by the time I get there. Don't fail me" Doctor Necrodium ordered Ibis through his mind, with his orders set, Ibis looked to the two individuals.

From what Ibis could tell, they were both human, he cared not for gender, he could never tell two humans apart in the first case. Immediately Ibis started moving towards them, but there was still a good distance between them, about the length of one or two houses in between. With a loud wail of challenge, which sounded like the cries of a thousand suffering souls, Ibis unleashed a stream of fire from what one would call his "face". The fire exploded instantly from Ibis' mouth, moving at high speeds as it burned away everything in its murderous path. If these people were good enough to get away from Doctor Necrodium, it meant that Ibis didn't have to hold back, as they would surely be able to defend themselves or evade from Ibis' attacks when they were of this level. As his continuous stream of fire erupted towards his targets, the heat began to melt the metal of the Olympus Hanger, making obvious makes to where the metal could no longer take the heat Ibis was producing.

Last edited by Ibis on February 4th 2012, 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Silence
The Silence

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss January 31st 2012, 9:59 pm

Ill-intent coursed through the long fingers that pried against her face. Her form stayed intact to her host's back like a leech against his attempts to dislodge her. To remedy the situation Bliss placed her hand against his wrist to try and freeze through the suit and into the skin to cause enough pain for him to dislodge. "I need to get off this ship. Now, just do whatever you planned on and..." Her words melted away in the same fashion the metal began to. "Okay, I promise not to do anything of ill will towards you until this is taken care of. I also promise not to leave you behind unless you..." Honesty to an extent was fine. That time looked about over. "Let's just focus on not dying. So until then I'm just going to encase you in ice so that you can't leave and you'll be happy when I let you out."

Ice from the wrapping around Cosmos' waist began expanding to encompass his body. In a matter of seconds the ice would encase him in the barrier that Bliss alluded to. The heat would quickly burn away the barrier taking away some of Bliss's sway over Cosmos, but would also help her in the confrontation soon to come. Bliss prepared to defend against the assault against the beast with her ice. She didn't know how much ice it would take to beat this thing, but she was thinking she would need a little more than a Motel 6.

The power of this creature poured from every inch of its body. Even without the excessive show of fire the heat poured out around the hangar bay. Pools of water began to form where Bliss had begun summoning up ice. Control over her powers didn't come with any instructions, so this endeavor would give her the first chance to use her powers and possibly her last.

Throwing her caution to the ever intensifying wind, Bliss began thinking back to chemistry class to figure out what would happen if she began to freeze over the pipes that began dissipating. With how quickly everything within the room began to burn away Bliss turned her attention to how quickly the floor would hold up. Her ice went to work materializing orbs of ice within her hands as she attempted to hurl the ice at Ibis, but the ice merely brought excess weight to her hands. "Maybe an exit strategy is more in tune."

As she began conjuring a more steady flow of ice a strong amount of pressure shot from behind it. Her ice began a slow descent into the hull of the ship to begin softening the floor of the ship. Bliss pushed more and more ice, and slowly the ice shot its way through the metallic bearings of the craft. As Ibis and his intense heat etched into the bay, Bliss and her ice worked the low road. Eventually Bliss would carve out an opening in the bottom of the ship, but not for herself, but for the lumbering beast before her.

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by The Silence February 4th 2012, 10:19 pm

Ibis continued his unhindered assault, his powerful flames crackling past the ice, but was unable to go to where it needed to go, which was directly at Bliss and Cosmos. With the ice diverting his flames, even for however many brief moments that it managed to do so, the act was enough to frustrate Ibis into even more violence. With his new found rage, Ibis began to throw massive blocks of earth at Bliss' barrier, breaking off large chunks but remaining steady for the majority of the assault. Being as dim as he was, Ibis didn't realize the impact that he was making on the metal of the ship's hangar, instead he continued as the heat and shockwaves created from his assault continued to weaken the strength of the metal holding up his immense weight.

As the ice barrier held up, Ibis unleashed both of his magical abilities at the same time, combining the powers of fire and earth together in order to create a large wave of molten rock straight for Bliss and Cosmos, though the shield initially blocked the hit, it would not be long before Ibis would break through it without holding back. As the lava began to settle and melt the ice, Ibis altered his body in order to complete capture. The energy that was once his body began to pull rocks into it, condensing them all together until they finally formed what was Ibis' original form. Little did Ibis know, his magical form was keeping most of his immense weight afloat, and upon landing on the floor, it began to cave in under Ibis' immense weight.

Sensing urgency, Ibis began to charge towards Bliss and Cosmos, the floor getting weaker and weaker with each monstrous step. It was not only until he was a few feet away that the floor moved so quickly that Ibis was thrown off balance, landing on his back, causing an even bigger tremor. Without a pause in thought, Ibis got up again and started to lumber towards Bliss again, reaching out in an attempt to catch her and crush her within his grip.
The Silence
The Silence

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss February 12th 2012, 7:21 pm

Under the weight of her ice, Bliss could draw on two major strengths to exploit her enemy. While she kept forcing ice into the wall to strengthen the durability it could withstand, her ice would also penetrate through to the underlining of the ship. The situation looked to turn into a stalemate until Ibis revealed his multiple forms. Her ice would only stand up for so long, she needed to begin focusing more of her attention on any kind of offensive.

Going out into the fray to parley with this monster seemed like a fitting way for her to be scorched to death at an early age. Instead Bliss began to focus her attention to the initial task she took upon herself. During the savage barrage Bliss began focusing more of her power into the floor. The forceful invasion of her ice began to seep through the pipes and splinter the structural foundation of the metal flooring. A hiss rose from the lava beating against the ice as Bliss moved along the ice barrier. A rumbling came from the colossal footsteps of the lumbering beast. Perhaps her plan worked, but without the guise of safety on her side.

Force tore through the bottom of aircraft presenting Bliss with another in a long list of problems. She could feel her head begin to lose focus as the pressure sought to equalize itself to the outside of the aircraft. Luckily, the new physiology granted her some resistance to keep her blood vessels from popping under the pressure. Her vision grew blurry as she summoned ice to overtake the frail, liquid based eyes from the exposure to the dangerous pressure change.

As the massive hands of the creature rose to grab her, Bliss froze over the lip of the puncture in the hull. Sending force against him would need to exceed the strength he would exert to grab her, but slipping on ice would turn his exerted force to nothing. With the force slipping away the pull of gravity would leave the creature to plummet and would leave Bliss and Cosmos with a large gaping hole to escape through.

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cosmos February 16th 2012, 4:00 pm

Clement felt a sudden sting at his side, of water in the epidermis and dermis turning into sharp crystals. His hands dislodged from the face of the woman on his back, but his near permanent sneer became something of a primal snarl. His teeth, perfect and neat, ground together as he listened to what could easily be considered hollow words. About as trustworthy and reliable as an ice cube on the surface of the sun. But they were enough to give him pause, because when people were desperate they tended to either completely be honest or lie until they couldn't tell you the colour of the sky. As the ice encased him, once again, he brought his hands close to his mask and instead focused as best he can on doing something with his little robotic drone. Trying to find weak points along the hanger wall, he was safe from the majority of the heat it seemed.

From his position on the floor however, it became apparent that the floor of the Olympus was being excavated as these two titans of talents fought. Clement was glad he was not putting his defences against the two of them, because he was sure that if he had tried to he would have been suffering from far worse wounds then he was currently dealing with. Oh well, with nothing resting on him he tried to do three different calculations simultaneously; first how to avoid being shot out of the sky when they fell away. Second, adjustments to his own trajectory carrying a second persons body. Thirdly, where to apply the correct cutting lasers on the block he was in. His little automaton flew back to his immobilized form and once again light bloomed from under it to blow a hole into the surface. Soon it had cut a thin line from one end to the other and the lid to his little ice coffin was shoved off, sliding away to the side and crashing into pieces.

Ignatius rose but did not flee, he did not attempt to abandon his responsibilities. Instead, around him a squadron of little robotic eyes climb into the air and swing around a barricade of ice towards the lumbering monstrosity. Clement didn't want it to jump the hole Bliss and it made after all; all of them beeped once in a requiem, before the little but highly volatile explosives packed within them went off. The beast was sent lumbering back, stone body clattering as one hand gripped a flaky metal edge. And then it was gone in the decompression that barely touch Clement in his self contained suit.

He paused for a moment before he blew a hole in the ice barring his way, the blue antimatter blossoming from his weapon. Chunks slid away and Clement carefully made his away around hissing white hot stone that was rapidly cooling. ”Well, I think someone is going to be footing a very large repair bill.” There might have been a hint of amusement in his voice as he turned toward Miss Fokukama. There was a tense moment where he considered raising his weapon and opening fire. His finger honestly twitched on the trigger, but he sighed and holstered it with the air of a man begrudgingly accepting something. ”If you wish to leave them I... suppose I can give you a way out, seeing as you so kindly defended the both of us.”

Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top