The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Cloak I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Cloak I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:26 pm by inquisitor

» The birds of expedience
Cloak I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:45 am by Cerek

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Cloak I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:22 am by Cerek

» Ricochet
Cloak I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
Cloak I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Cloak I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» The Most Dangerous Game
Cloak I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
Cloak I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Cloak I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Cloak I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Cloak I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

Top posting users this week
Cerek
Cloak I_vote_lcapCloak I_voting_barCloak I_vote_rcap 
inquisitor
Cloak I_vote_lcapCloak I_voting_barCloak I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Cloak

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cloak Empty Cloak

Post by The Trickster October 27th 2011, 4:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Super Hero Name: Cloak
Title: "The City Shadow"
Alignment: Hero - Chaotic Good
Race: German
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6 foot 2
Weight: 11 stone

Costume Description/Image: Cloak dons a black, knee-length trenchcoat over a white shirt, dark grey waistcoat and black tie. He wears a pair of dark grey trousers and polished oxford shoes, as well as black leather gloves. Under all circumstances, he will also wear a black fedora with white trim. This fedora, along with the fact that he is a purely nocturnal crimefighter, cover his blonde hair , making it appear jet black, and completely obscuring his face.

During the very few times that Cloak actually prevents crime during the day, he wears a dark wig and sunglasses.

Cloak also owns a black scuba suit which he can use if necessary. It has a simple light grey stripe across the stomach and back areas, as well as light grey sleeves.

Personality: Cloak is obsessed justice, almost on the level of insanity. He is passionate about his principles, and generally considers himself to be a "one-man-court", playing the role of judge, jury and executioner (when the situation merits). Largely, this obsession is a result of his "dark" (to say the least) family history. However it is also due to his love of the human race, and how it has developed over the course of its existence. He doesn't want to see it suffer because of a few "bad eggs", and so feels it is his duty as a capable human to protect the innocents from the scumbags that inhibit the Earth. That is why he gave up his life-long dream of becoming a successful professional wrestler, and instead set out to learn a variety of martial arts, train his body to the limit, and gather the funding necessary to have an intimidating arsenal of weapons and gadgets developed for use.

History: Göerrung is originally German-born and, much to his dismay, is actually a direct relative to one of Adolf Hitler's generals from World War II; Alex Kunze, who aided in the planning stages of the Battle of Britain. Göerrung does not, however, support any of Alex's goals or beliefs and, with the exception of his older sister, neither does his family.

Much of his childhood was spent in the city of his birth, Berlin. There, he earned his doctorate in literature, before training to become a professional wrestler under the ring name "Cloak". As Cloak, he teamed up with long-time friend Thomas Hind, who wrestled under the ring name "Dagger". As the team of "Cloak and Dagger", Thomas and Göerrung attained a lot of success on the indie circuit.

However, on the early morning of his twenty-fifth birthday, Göerrung discovered Thomas dead in his hotel room the night before they were due to debut in a new wrestling promotion, the biggest in Germany. He had been murdered overnight while sleeping, and the killer had escaped again through the hotel window. Thomas' face had been burned off, as if by acid, and Göerrung became filled with a mixture of emotions. Mourning. Anger. Spite. Disgust. Ultimately though, he was filled with inspiration. Under their ring gimmicks, Cloak and Dagger, the two friends had been obsessed with justice, and only faced off against the heel (that is to say "bad guy") tag teams. Göerrung began to adopt this persona into his everyday life, and before long, moved to America. There, he hoped to forget as much as possible. His dreams to be a wrestler... Thomas... His disgraceful family history... Neo-Nazi sister who he hated to end... Everything. But of course, the past can never truly be forgotten.

Göerrung began the life of a vigilante, patrolling the streets during the day to stop petty thugs from their dark deeds. But a one-man day patrol wouldn't help much. He needed to make an impact on the world; Thomas' death had shown him that, if nothing else. He needed to live by example and try to make his city a better place. If he did that, maybe he could inspire his state tp be a better place. And if he did that, his state could inspire all of America to be a better place. And if he could do that, well... Maybe America could inspire the world to be a better place.

This realization led to him gathering funds left right and center. He took part in wrestling matches at the weekends, wrote novels and poetry, worked in a multitude of shops and supermarkets by night, and taught English in a school during the day from Monday to Friday. The income was exceptional, even if it was an extremely stressful way to live. He used this money to learn new martial arts and buy all kinds of equipment, from guns, to ammo, to slightly... "fancier" gear like grappling hooks and C4. All of it was bought illegally, ironically, but it was for the greater good - it was so that this equipment could be put to better use. Rather than entering the hands of criminals, this arsenal would be used to subdue them and deal justice.

And so, the man known as Göerrung gave up his many jobs with the exception of his teaching career, and dedicated his night life to fighting crime as "Cloak" - The City Shadow.

Powers: Cloak has no "powers" as such. He is, however, highly strategic, and is an expert in a multitude of martial arts; Judo, Karate, Krav Maga, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, and Parkour. He is also very agile and speedy, and relies on a variety of gadgets to subdue his foes.

Power Grid:
STR: 3
SPD: 3
END: 3
INT: 6
EP: 0
FS: 6

Power Grid colours: Light gray boxes, black background

Character Image/Description: Göerrung has blonde hair and bright blue eyes; the "perfect German", his sister would say. He is tall, and very well-built, with softly pointed facial features and lightly tanned skin.

Roleplay Sample: Göerrung rose at nine thirty that morning. The dust particles rose around him as the orange light beamed powefully through his window. He stirred slowly, dragging his feet across his mattress and onto the floor. He then gradually leant up, getting to his feet and finding his balance. Göerrung wasn't a morning person. Even when he was a child, when his brother and sister would get up at ungodly hours of the morning to play, he would stay in bed. His life was like a permanent hangover.

Göerrung plodded at a snail's pace down the stairs, bringing his hand to his forehead, covering his eyes from the damn sun. He wasn't used to seeing it in all its blazing glory. Most of his time outside was spent at night, and during the day he slept, except for when he was teaching. But no matter how much he slept, getting up for a morning of teaching always bugged him. Most of his classes didn't care about learning, and many of his English lessons went over their heads - even the smart ones. After all, it's an art that you either do or don't have. If you can't write well, you likely will never compare to the legends of literature like Stephen King.

Still, he tries. For the money more than anything. The punks that come into his class, their lives will never be fixed with an education that they'll never put to use. Heading our during the night as Cloak and stopping them from commiting the crimes that many of them are inevitabely destined to do; that is how they will learn. Through rough justice that teaches them the consequences of crime. Still... Money is good.

Göerrung downed his breakfast quickly. Two slices of buttered toast, a bowl of porridge with jam stirred in, and a glass of orange juice. A bodybuilder's breakfast, many would say. Necessary, Göerrung would say, especially when his life depended on him pushing his body to the limit. It made it hard to get clothes sometimes, being both so tall and so bulky, but again, it was necessary.

After giving his food ten minutes or so to digest, Göerrung got dressed. Nothing fancy, just a shirt and trousers; he never did like wearing ties outside of his crimefighting capacity. And so fully dressed, and dreading the thought of dealing with a bunch of ignorant punks, he set out.
Another day in the life of the man they call... The City Shadow.

Last edited by The Trickster on October 28th 2011, 12:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
The Trickster
The Trickster

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Cloak Empty Re: Cloak

Post by Arcana October 27th 2011, 4:33 pm

I have to ask what the 2 EP is for, 4 SPD is superhuman, so was he born like that? Just some questions.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2474
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Trickster October 27th 2011, 4:37 pm

My mistake, I'm still a little iffy on the stat system. Looking back, I have a better idea of what the EP is exactly, so I got rid of it (seeing as he has now powers), took 1 away from speed, and distributed the 3 points among the rest. Intelligence and Fighting Skill are now the only stats above 3.

And thank your for checking so quickly. Smile

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Trickster
The Trickster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie October 28th 2011, 1:08 pm

Approved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down