The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Incense I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Incense I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Incense I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Incense I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Incense I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Incense I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Incense I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Incense I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Incense I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Incense I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Incense I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Incense I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Incense

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Incense Empty Incense

Post by SpectrumAngel May 10th 2011, 8:45 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Incense
Title: none, but that can change.
Alignment: Renegade
Race: (super)human
Hair: Dark brownish auburn
Eyes: bright blue
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130 lbs

Costume Description/Image: If description please be very detailed.
Hasn't found a need for a costume yet.

Personality:
Confident, easy going, positive, and energetic. Conversation comes naturally and easily to Kerry. Her gregarious attitude makes for an extensive social network, though she doesn't really consider many people to be actual friends. She is comfortable and in charge in any given social situation. She's quite intelligent, but hides it behind a bubbly party girl exterior. Most people would describe her as a very fun and nice person.
A deep seated fear of commitment keeps her from having any real ambition or focus, and a fear of being hurt makes her maintain the facade. She is self centred in that she does put her own needs and best interests first, but she doesn't go out of her way to hurt others in pursuit of that.
She doesn't like conflict and it takes a lot to push her into a fight either verbal or physical, instead she chooses to deflect whenever possible.

History:
Kerry was the first and only child born to a pair of wealthy workaholic social climbers. She has one adopted older sister, Preet 'Brit,' from India who approximately a year older but was adopted only months after Kerry's birth. Her parents were largely indifferent in her upbringing, a rotating series of nannies specializing in whatever flavour of the week "parenting" style her mother decided on made it impossible to form any real bond to a parent figure. Her parents clearly favoured their adopted child, but she has no real feelings of resentment towards any of them. She shares a close bond with her adoptive sister, but is politely apathetic towards the rest of her relations.
From an early age she was placed in whichever prestigious private school was the most fashionable and gained her parents the most social status. As a result she learned how to easily make companions and navigate unfamiliar social situations. As a child she tried hard to achieve in order to impress her parents, but over time she became less and less willing to even try, eventually getting to the point where she became a solid underachiever. Her only real signs of success were a natural inclination towards track and field activities, though her parents showed little concern one way or another.
Small signs indicated her powers as an adolescent, a smell of rain and ozone on a clear day, an inexplicable scent of black licorice when in a bad mood, a puff of vapour in the middle of summer. Little signs, spaced out over time, gradually becoming more frequent. At the age of 15 they fully manifested, during a bout of test anxiety that made her fill an entire classroom with thick black smoke. From then on she started constantly producing smoke, though her parents treated this as a 'public secret,' never fully acknowledging or denying her for what she is. The rest of her schooling was undertaken in private classes, though by then she had little interest in even attending them.
Through some twisted form of guilt or attempt at affection her parents continue to bankroll her party girl lifestyle, only asking for the occasional patently false lie in return. Her sister acts as a mother figure, supporting and accepting Kerry, though frequently tries to get her to change the way she lives. Currently she lives with Brit, but between unlimited charge accounts and trust funds, money is no real issue for her.

Powers:
Production of assorted smoke and chemical vapours that can be exhaled at will, as well as the ability to breathe comfortably in polluted air conditions. In fact the lower the air quality the more easy she finds it to breath, as a result she is immune to her own powers. As she gains experience and practice with her powers they should improve over time.
Currently she has a limited control over exactly when she uses her powers; being startled, threatened, or in a stressful situation can cause her to "go off" without much warning.
When she "goes off" she produces a thick black smoke or an irritating yellow tear gas in a high volume instantaneously. She can also do this at will but requires at least 5 minutes between uses, and is uncomfortable to use repeatedly. A high volume exhalation produces enough smoke or gas to rapidly fill a 25 foot radius around her.
She can exhale at will a kind of drug filled violet smoke that has a mild opiate effect (makes you feel sedate, light headed, sleepy, numb) that she is immune to. This is only put out at the same volume a normal person with healthy lungs would be able to exhale, and for a limited amount of time.
She naturally constantly exhales a smokey haze, the scent, colour, and amount of it based primarily on her emotional and physical state.
With time and experience she will be able to; completely overcome the discomfort of repeated use and shorten the time between bursts to less than a minute. She'll gain a finer degree of control over when she uses her powers and how potent she wants to be. Added to her bursting arsenal is a foul stink gas and a white smoke that causes light headedness and disorientation. She'll be able to produce the drug gas for a more prolonged period of time and in greater quantities. The drug smoke may also become much more potent but potentially addictive.
She has a moderately superior sense of direction, spatial awareness and hearing, aiding her in navigating after going off as well as in low light situations.

Power Grid:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Character Image/Description: If description please be very detailed on it.
Like this but with blue eyes and constantly producing smoke from her lips and nostrils.
She has a habit of frequently getting her hairstyle changed and likes to wear the most up to date fashions.

Roleplay Sample: (If new or new character)
Kerry was curled into a tight ball on her bed, surrounded by the clumsily cast off clothes from the previous night, the light of the summers sun filtering through the blinds an assault on her very dignity. She groaned and pulled the bed sheets tighter around her, fully awake but squeezing her eyes shut tighter in a vain hope of willing herself back to sleep. Through the closed door Kerry could hear Brit cheerily humming and bustling around the kitchen of the condo. Abruptly she threw the covers aside, laying completely sprawled out across the bed as she stared at the ceiling, ignoring the dull throbbing behind her eyes. The moment passed as an eternity before she finally hauled herself upright.
Bleary eyed she made her way to the kitchen, the smell of cooking eggs greeting her nostrils. She wore nothing but a thin white camisole and a pair of lacy boyshorts, having less than no shame inside her own home. "G'morning," she said as she plopped herself onto her usual dining chair. "Make enough for me?" She asked with a sheepish smile. Even though her hangover still grated physically at the inside of her head and every sound felt like a knife into her brain she was still in a pleasant mood. For a girl who spent nearly every night at some club she was very much a morning person.
"Nope, not at all. Go make your own." Brit said good naturedly as she placed a plate of food in front of Kerry, taking her own seat and second plate on the opposite side of the table. "Phew. Why do you always smell like floor cleaner when you're hung over?" Even though they both sounded very similar, they looked nothing alike. Brit was a short dark skinned woman that had been born in India, but raised with Kerry.
Kerry laughed, "I don't smell anything except your shitty cooking." The chemical scent started to fade into to the pleasant aroma of strawberry lemonade.
"Geez. If you're going to be ungrateful I can always kick you out and buy an air freshener instead." Their good natured morning banter was more than routine by now. "You know there's rules against having smokers in this building too right?"
"You rat me out and I'll tell them that Princess Jasmine costume in your closet's not for Halloween." Kerry retorted between bites of ham and cheese omelette, mock threatening her as she wolfed down her breakfast. The clock on the wall claimed it was only quarter past 10- almost a record for her.
Brit let out a fake shocked gasp, "you wouldn't!"
"Yuh huh. I'd even tell 'em how you like to eat magic carpet." Kerry giggled, already clearing the last few bites off her plate. "And how youuuuu've got a guuuuuuurl friiiiieeend~"
Brit made a joking whine of complaint, surrendering. "Fine, you win." She pouted.
Kerry's laugh was bubbly and infectious, "don't be sad, we'll go out for a manny peddy after this, kay?"

Last edited by Pain on May 11th 2011, 12:23 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : added formatting to RP sample; added another image to her character description.)
SpectrumAngel

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Incense Empty Re: Incense

Post by Super Cutie May 10th 2011, 10:09 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and approve this.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain May 10th 2011, 10:20 pm

Looks fine, what color for the grid?
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumAngel May 10th 2011, 10:56 pm

Light blue or cyan would be nice, thank you.

ed; Hope it's okay I added one more image to the description.
SpectrumAngel

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain May 11th 2011, 12:22 am

Not a problem, grid added. Moving.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cosmos May 11th 2011, 6:07 pm

Actually moving. Razz

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 230
Humor : Dark
Registration date : 2011-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum