The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_voting_barSea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_voting_barSea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 Empty Re: Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion

Post by Arcana February 14th 2011, 7:12 am

"Death or a quick death"He wondered to himself.Either way it was death all the same.Apparently that man had a high opinion of himself.A bit too high for even his taste.Closing his eyes he concentrated on any water in the area."Hope this works in a storm like this"He half prayed.Extending his reach till he felt a respones.An immense amount of water rushing to him.More and more water rushing till it formed dozens of large circles rotating around his body.He had to at least have a pools worth or two."This will do"He smiled."Maybe we have a small hope of not being deep fried"He said as the water condensed into tiny shards of ice.Numbering in the thousand to ten thousands."Hey you suck on this"He yelled as the shards of ice launched at the fire man at high speeds.Enough to punch through even metal.

Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2473
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 Empty Re: Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion

Post by Ihendrenos February 15th 2011, 4:32 am

Eli was bluffing— mostly. The magus had barely enough energy for a few seconds of empowering the shield bracer or launching a couple blasts of telekinetic force with his rod. Either way, he no longer had the means of winning with conventional spells that relied on mana— having practically none left available to him. He was left with only one alternative; and though he dreaded the thought of using it he had little other choice.

The moment Dr. Everyone resumed his arrogant posturing and demands for surrender, Eli recalled from memory the needed Latin aria— the incantation— for an invocation spell. Whereas evocation spells used his own energies to manipulate the forces around him, invocation spells called upon Entities and higher powers to aid him by granting him temporary magic or abilities,; like when priests called on their god for healing or to exorcise demons from one possessed.

This spell Eli had used only once before— the memory of the nightmarish pain and that horrible, gruesome battle still remained after almost decade; perfectly vivid, without one iota of lost detail. The burns scars and brand upon his upper left shoulder-blade throbbed with the remembrance of his last use of this dark art.

That had been the night he killed his stepmother and teacher, Nadeshiko Tachihara.

Of course, he had learned that she had been planning to kill him in a ritual sacrifice— that it had ultimately been she who was responsible for his mother’s death. In a fury, he had confronted her— they fought… Eli survived… barely alive, his body burnt horribly by Hellfire…a fraction of the cost he would need to pay this time.

Eyes shut. In a low, almost imperceptible voice Eli began to chant. He drew no mana for this spell— it required coin of a different kind.

“Adramelech, cecidit angelus ignem in carnibus meis invocabo reddita furore tuo!!”
Adramelech, fallen angel of fire, with my flesh in payment I invoke thy fury!

“Umbras abi tu in indespectus...”
Be gone shadows, thou of the unseeable…

“Maneant oblivio tenebrarum si...”
Fade back into oblivion, if of darkness…

“Revertere ad immaterialia...”
Be returned to the immaterial…

“Noli quaerere imperium mihi placuerit vias...”
Seek not to sway me, my path is decided…

“Manum intus est lux…”
Within my hand is light…

“Sciendum quod omnia haec manus est dono scilicet...”
Know that all is in this hand; the essence of creation…

“Adversus repulsa tua omnia certa...”
In face of all things thy defeat is certain…

“Ignoras te exspectat quantus tremor...”
Thou know not what horror awaits thee…

“Chaos delusit procurator...”
Deluded agent of chaos…

As he spoke, the magus began to remove his coat, draping it over his right fore-arm. Barely half-way and concentrating on the words of the spell, Eli was only dimly aware of Deluges fortuitous ice assault upon Dr. Everyone. As luck would have it, Deluge was utilizing the water left behind by the blizzard spell Eli had cast in order to perform a massive attack; though the water— having been conjured by magic with only a small amount of power maintaining its existence— would begin to disappear soon.
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss February 16th 2011, 3:29 pm

Sharp bursts of flames dissipated amongst the arctic winds that tore through the streets. The temperature dropped significantly over the course of several minutes to cause Elaine severe discomfort amongst the alleyway. Elaine took a few steps back to put some distance between her and the meddlesome bat. On any given day Elaine would face no problem, but these clouds looked severe and catastrophic. Simply relocating would offer no protection, this man needed a quick disposal from the scene.

Cold winds mixed in with the sudden burst of flames washed over her. Her feet braced the cold asphalt as she slid over the hood of car, chambering a round in her pistol. A sudden shot rang out and dispatched the tied demon. Her hands tugged at the release tie and she lassoed the rope around her arm returning it to the original wrapped form.

A cold breeze ran down her neck, as she corralled the remaining twelve bullets into her pistol and returned her lasso to her belt.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone February 16th 2011, 4:43 pm

"Silly boy, do you forget what I am the master of?"

Dr.Everyone surrounded himself in a thin dome of blue-burning fire, melting the ice on impact.

"I do not manipulate fire, I do not use it. I control it, I am it's master. IIt does what I say, even appearing and disappearing out of and into thin air. Now please, all of you look a bit chilled. Perhaps you could use a little, heating up?"

Crossing his arms against his chest, forming an X, he then made the fire in front of him burst out towards Eli and the woman. It was basically a wall of fire with a blue-burning X in it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t1569-dreveryone]Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 DrEPG_zps79285077[/URL]
Doctor Everyone's Theme Song:
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 436
Humor : Sarcasm
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ihendrenos February 17th 2011, 3:57 am

"Silly boy, do you forget what I am the master of?" Dr. Everyone mocked, as Deluges torrent of ice spears hurled onwards towards him. Ignoring his taunts, Eli continued to press on with his incantation— his life depended on finishing it in time.

“Superbus vas dementia…”
Arrogant vessel of lunacy…

“Erit tua te hubris finis...”
Thy hubris will be thou end…

Once again in human form, Dr. Everyone let loose a protective shield of his own. In a heartbeat, their evil assailant was wreathed in a defensive coating of bright blue flame, and Deluges wave of icicles dissolved into hissing steam that was carried away in the cold wind upon impact.

“Fervens caro fatis ...”
Boiling flesh, thy fate…

“Flammis erit vita tua, ut cinere ossa tua ...”
Thy life shall flicker, thy bones as ash…

“Nescio soporis! In aeternum ardebit…”
Know not sleep! Burn for eternity…

The vile Doctor resumed his derision, his voice heavily laced with distain towards their seemingly feeble attempts to stop him. "I do not manipulate fire, I do not use it. I control it, I am its master. It does what I say; even appearing and disappearing out of and into thin air. Now please, all of you look a bit chilled. Perhaps you could use a little, heating up?"

“Éfficit semper tellus scire tuum nihil in!”
Become one with the soil and forever know thine own powerlessness!

“Invocationis Remedio es…”
Art of Invocation…

“Uiam interitus ...”
Way of Destruction…

The villain crossed his arms in front of his torso. A fiery blast-wave— a wall of shimmering orange fire centred on a bright-blue X of flame— manifested before him. He set it loose, and it came rushing down the alley towards the pair whilst scorching the asphalt and brick walls, black smoke billowing up into the sky. Eli could feel the heat of it buffeting him through the weakened shield that was for that moment, his only protection. It rushed towards him, seemingly unstoppable and inescapable. He mouthed out the last two words of the spell in desperation, eyes set toward into the inferno— left arm forward, hand outstretched before the fire.

“CREMATUM NIGRA!”
BLACK CREMATION!

In an instant, fire enveloped Eli— though not the bright orange and blue unleashed by Dr. Everyone. This fire was of a different kind; blacker than night, darker than the very depths of the void between worlds, it seemed to hungrily feed on the light and heat issued by Dr. Everyone’s flame, it’s darkness all encompassing and all consuming. It launched itself upward and outward, a vortex of midnight flames, fey, eyrie and alien to all that was natural and good. No warmth came from its presence or embrace, and instead it seemed to suck in all the ambient energy surrounding it, leeching everything within reach— color, heat, light until reality in the alley seemed naught but a dull, twilight grey. The world seemed barely real. When Dr. Everyone’s firewall impacted the burning black tower, it seemed to shudder momentarily, until the flame was caught up in the spinning of the inferno, twisting around and shrinking until it all disappeared in the nightmarish black.

The black fire seemed to die back down, the tower of roaring unholy light feasting upon itself until it first became man-shaped…their was little difference in Elil, save one thing; this left arm remained enveloped in black Hellfire up to just before the shoulder. The fire was faint now, but still burning and quite alive— one could faintly see through the fire to his arm beneath as the skin was beginning to peel back, blister and rot under the unnatural flames perpetual touch. The magus’ teeth were gritted tightly, beads of sweat were sliding down his skin as he fought desperately to control the pain, to control the demonic fire and maintain his dominance over it; lest it consume him entirely.

Then he smiled. “I’ve got my own fire, thanks for the offer though…” He raised his burning hand upwards once more, palm outwards towards Dr. Everyone. He lurched in place, almost about to fall to the ground before shaking his head clear of the dizziness and righting himself.

“INFERNUS!”
HELLFIRE!

He shouted full voiced, hurling all his pain, all his rage into the spell. The Hellfire upon his arm answered gleefully, maliciously, feasting upon his negative thoughts, feelings and intent to kill. The Hellfire rushed forward, extending off his arm as a great black bar, widening to fill the expanse of the alley back towards Dr. Everyone. There was no heat— just an overwhelming sense of malevolent hunger, emptiness and decay that wanted— needed— to be filled.

Whilst the flame leapt towards Dr. Everyone, the Hellfire upon Eli’s arm continued to consume his flesh— the nails were long gone and so was the sleave of his shirt. Blood began to seep from out of his pores.
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss February 17th 2011, 5:03 am

A drop of sweat ran down her face as the edge of the flames singed Elaine's left arm. She recoiled in anguish and braced herself against the wall avoiding the flame. The flame that suddenly took a new form to her surprise.

The heat spiraled towards the Doctor, but Elaine could feel the spell against her. This flame didn't burn, but it instead stole heat from other sources --robbing energy of the source it needed to exist. Time burned with the intensity of the action in the alleyway; seeing the need for action of her own, Elaine looked down at her arm. Scorched skin peeled as she poked it with her finger. The epicenter seemed bad, but the blisters didn't spread too far up her arm-- a quick bandage with her trusty bandanna would work.

Sensing the presence of someone more than a bystander, Elaine peered over to see a young man holding a water bottle. "You seem a little out of place." Elaine chewed up her fake accent and spit it out towards the boy. She holstered her left pistol and watched to see the outcome of the magi.

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone February 17th 2011, 7:14 am

Dr.Everyone laughed.

"I FOUGHT DEMONS WITH BETTER! HELLFIRE!"

[i]"Time for me to show off."[/]

Above them, the fire cloud churned. It exploded, it et out smoke. It was like a sun made out of cloud.out of it came a thin column of fire. One might scoff it off as a weak attack, but the fact is its thinness made it super condensed, and hot than Dr.Everyone had commanded it to be. Perhaps almost 3,000 degrees Fahrenheit, the air aroundit fizzed and popped and sizzled. The ground melted into a puddle of tar as it passed over it. And it stopped next to Dr. Everyone, ubaffecting him.

"You hero types never know when to give up."

This that, the super thin fire-tornado began heading for Eli, and the blackness. Dr.Everyone then surrounded himself with a protective shield of fire, and began to summon a ball of flame, a magnificent one. Charging it with power, he stood inside the dome, a massive ball of fire appeared inside the dome, burning which such intensity it seemed to be brighter than the sun, created more heat than humanly possible, but the people battling were not human. At least, not the regular sort.

And the ball wasn't finished.

"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t1569-dreveryone]Sea of the Shadow; Void and Oblivion - Page 2 DrEPG_zps79285077[/URL]
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana February 17th 2011, 5:17 pm

"I dont feel that out of place" he replied to her smiling innocently.Dropping the water bottle to the ground with a thud.Those two were playing a very dangerous game.With the intensity of those flames and that hellfire.He needed to do something about this and quickly.Closing his eyes he concentrated.With all his mind he focused increasing his range exponentially.Feeling a small pain shoot through his head.He was attempting to draw all the water he could from the entire city.Which might if he doesnt do it right.Destroy or damage a good bit of the city itself.Ground below his feet beggining to crack as water spurted through."This better work" he thought to himself sweat pouring down his face.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone February 22nd 2011, 7:31 am

The ball of fire gained in mass an heat, but not size. It was becoming a super condensed ball of fire. Dr.Everyone one-legged kneed quietly, concentrating on the ball. Nothing good would be the outcome.

As the water hit the dome of fire, the fire died down, and in some area disappeared, but the fire kept on going back to the dome shape and shielding Dr.Everyone from the water. The heat of the fire and the fire itself caused the water to evaporate. And the ball grew bigger.

Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top