The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jessica Albert
Arsenal I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Fusion Frenzy
Arsenal I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
Arsenal I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Arsenal I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Arsenal I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Arsenal I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Arsenal I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Arsenal I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Arsenal I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Arsenal I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Arsenal I_vote_lcapArsenal I_voting_barArsenal I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
ProwlerKnight
Sage
Cerek
Vorik
Cobalt
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Arsenal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arsenal Empty Arsenal

Post by Guest August 3rd 2010, 3:59 am

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Arsenal
Alignment: Hero
Race: Human
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 153lbs

Costume Description/Image: purple tinted goggles, olive green bandanna concealing face, black leather jacket, flannel shirt, t-shirt, tough leather armor covering vital spots on arms, legs, and chest, two metal gauntlets, jeans, heavy knee pads, combat boots.

Arsenal Starman7
Arsenal Steampunkgauntletbytung

Personality: Laid back and polite, however he is very strong in his convictions, and will stand up for them if he is challenged. He is also stubborn in his decisions. Despite this, he is relatively easy to get along with and does not like to force his will onto his peers. He sympathizes with the common working man and comes to the aid of the poor and the defenseless. In costume he is silent and calculating.

History: Jefferson was "the smart kid" growing. He had an interest in a wide range of subjects, including science, history, music, and martial arts and excelled through school. He graduated from Georgetown University with a B.S. in Science and Engineering at the age of 18. By that time he had already built up a modest fortune, selling prototypes and plans for engines, motors, and electronics he had developed to major and local companies. Following his graduation, he relocated to Los Angeles with his cousin in an attempt to manufacture audio electronics. The next year was spent being jerked around by different companies, seeing their investments dry up, and succumbing to a dreadful heroin addiction, which claimed the life of his cousin, Quincy. Jefferson survived. With the aide of his friend and mentor Rex Reynolds, he secluded himself in a cabin in the Ojai Valley. He took an interest in Buddhism and studied eastern martial arts as a way to channel his aggression, building a training ground in the woods that surrounded his property. He also spent time in his shed, crafting mechanic devices to aide him in living off of the land. In his 23rd year he heard the news that Rex Reynolds, the man who had helped him back to life, had been murdered by gang members in south central Los Angeles, for testifying against a fellow member in a drug related trial. Frustrated with the incompetence of the police force, he decided to take matters into his own hands, facing the gang members with his arsenal of self-crafted weapons. Initially he was only out to get the men who killed Rex, but the crime fighting became his job and he vowed to rid the streets of those who took his cousin's life. After an incident attempting to stop police corruption, in which he tased an officer, the Los Angeles Police Department issued a warrant for his arrest, despite public protest. Lacking the support he needed, Jefferson relocated his base of operations back to Washington, D.C. In order to maintain the money he needs to fund his evening operations, he's been researching alternative energy for a research group in the city, as well as part time auto/electrical mechanical jobs on a "for hire" basis.

Powers: Jefferson possesses no supernatural abilities. Only his natural athleticism, combined with several years of studying martial arts. He uses tai chi to keep his mind and his body aware and focused, while relying on kung-fu for the actual combat aspects. Recently he has taken a liking to Muay Thai and incorporates the use of his knees as much as his fists or his feet.

Weapons:
-right hand gauntlet: capable of launching several projectiles (darts, explosive, whatever can fit and fire), and retractable blades, through triggers on the inside.
-left hand gauntlet: crafted with spikes and a tougher armor for defense purposes, darts carrying electric charge (similar to a taser) can be launched from the under side of the device.
-collapsible fighting staff, carried in leather jacket.
-small explosives and smoke bombs carried in the jacket pockets.

PowerGrid:
Intelligence-6
Strength-3
Speed-4
Durability-4
EP-0
Fighting Skills-5

Character Image/Description:

Arsenal Johnfrusciantet

Roleplay Sample:

Deep in the forest of rock creek park, stands Arsenal's "lair". Not much of a lair, just a modest living environment with four rooms, and a basement workshop. It is in the basement where we find Jefferson Harker, sitting at his desk, administering himself first aid by stiching up a knife wound on his elbow. His desk is littered with blueprints, empty beer bottles, cigarette packs, a self crafted phonograph, and parts of engines that have been taken apart. Up against the wall next to his desk is a stack of wooden crates filled with hand made explosives, nerve gasses, and projectiles. Jefferson snips the thread and finishes the stitching process off by rubbing a bit of miracle glue on the spot. He adjusts his glasses to his face and wipes his forehead with a handkerchief. He opens a desk drawer and pulls out a small tape recorder, sits it on top of his desk, and pushes "record".

"July 23rd, 2010. Went to gather intel on the MS-13, found a few knowledgeable informants, not sure who is totally trustworthy yet. As far as I can gather, they are operating mainly out of the south east region, with satellite groups spread through DC, Maryland, and Virginia. Heard murmurs of an operation to move cocaine into the area within the next few weeks. I'll go deeper into the city tomorrow following the routine drop-in at the research lab. I sustained a minor knife wound near the elbow while patrolling the Trinidad neighborhood nearby Gallaudet University. Won't be a deterrence to my operations. Note: investigate gang affiliations in the Trinidad neighborhood."

Jefferson turns off the recording device and slumps back in his chair, releasing a sigh. He looks around at the mess surrounding him and shakes his head, before standing up and walking carefully through the basement, so as not to step on anything important, over to the refrigerator where he retrieves a beer bottle with "Foggy Bottom Brewery" label on it. After successfully pioneering the journey back to his chair he opens the bottle and begins to relax. The alarm clock on his desk shows that it is 3 in the morning. He starts up the phonograph and an old jazz standard begins to play, he leans back in his chair staring off into space and drinking a brew, as the record continues to play.

"...nice work if you can get it, and you can get it, if you try..."

Last edited by Arsenal on August 3rd 2010, 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Empty Re: Arsenal

Post by The_soapmaker August 3rd 2010, 7:37 am

Hmmm, quite an interesting character. Good job. I'll wait till you got your roleplay sample, but you can pretty much consider it approved.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 568
Humor : Puns, lots of em.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 3rd 2010, 11:13 am

Updated history, powers, and sample rp.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker August 3rd 2010, 11:35 am

We usually write in the past tense on this forum, but it's not a rule or anything.
APPROVED!
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 568
Humor : Puns, lots of em.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top