The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Misfits I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
Misfits I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Misfits I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Misfits I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Misfits I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Misfits I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Misfits I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Misfits I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Misfits I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Misfits I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:26 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
Arcana
Misfits I_vote_lcapMisfits I_voting_barMisfits I_vote_rcap 
inquisitor
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Cobalt
Zonkes
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Misfits

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Misfits

Post by Chellizard October 22nd 2022, 3:13 am

"Watch it, bud!"

"Oy!"

"Hey!"

Passersby called out in protest as a man ran down the sidewalk, ducking between the throughs of people, and dodging his pursuers. He was sprinting with full force, knocking down anyone in his path. Until he came smacking into another man, his back staying rigid, and his form barely wavering.

The sudden shock of being slammed into from behind was startling, but Malus turned, shaking off the sensation as he peeled his sunglasses from his eyes.

"Did you really need to do that?" he asked, quirking a brow.

Malus would bend down to grab the bag that was clearly stolen from the man's clutches.

Dazed, the delinquent would shake his head and look around in stupor. The delinquent was no older than mid-twenties, had shaved head, sunken eyes, bad breath, yellowing nails, and poor clothes. They were definitely an addict of some sort, looking for an easy score. Sighing, Malus almost felt bad for the kid. He hoisted him up by the scruff of his shirt and patted him against the side of the head.

"Next time, go ask if you can bus some tables for tips. You'll make cash quicker, and you'll make people's lives less hectic. Stealing from defenseless women is just, so two thousand and five." rolling his eyes, he made sure to hand the purse and the little street rat off to the police that showed up moments later. It wasn't hard to find a police officer on the corner nowadays.

Ever since the two catastrophic events, and with the other crazy chaos arising around of the world, police forces have been recruiting and pushing more and more people to the streets to help make citizens feel safe. It was hard with the rise in metahumans and other super beings existing.

And here Malus was, one of them, blending in.

Finishing up his witness statement was simple enough, and he scribbled his signature which consisted of a large calligraphic M embellished with a crown, followed by an intricate squiggle. Turning, he would sweep back into the crowd, waiting for something more dire to call his attention.

It was casual to stop a purse snatcher, but he needed something else. Something to get his adrenaline running.

Sirens were wailing, bringing his attention down a few more blocks, deeper into the heart of the city. Malus would move with purpose, sliding between the crowds that seemed to gather at the edges of a protest. It was in regard to some up and coming tech company, and it being the front for some criminal organization. At least, that's what the person with the megaphone was chanting about. Police had arrived to diffuse the situation. A woman and six other people were all handcuffed together and chained around the waists together. Each of them had tape over their mouths, except for their ringleader. The tape had "NO MORE LIES" written in red ink. The protesters were whistleblowers, saying that they were no longer going to be writing code to help move money for crime lords.

Oh, now, isn't that something you don't hear about every day," a rhetorical statement. Malus had no intentions of paying too much more attention to it.

Until it mentioned his mother's textile and wine import company as two of the leading contributors to funds for their technology. His cheeks flushed, his brows furrowing in frustration. Whether or not it was true, he wouldn't allow anything to interfere with his family's business.

A fire ignited behind his eyes, and as it did, he would snap his fingers, flames licking up around of the megaphone, and singing the hair off of the protestor's upper lip and eyebrows as they screamed, throwing the megaphone to the ground.

"The world runs on good and evil..." muttering underneath of his breath, he would sigh, shaking his head.

Last edited by Chellizard on October 28th 2022, 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Misfits JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: Misfits

Post by Punk Prince of New York October 25th 2022, 6:34 am

That wasn’t a friend of yours was it? The spirit questioned.

Not really, We hung out a few times, he showed me a few good tricks to thrive on the street,

Hopefully he didn’t teach you hygiene,

He didn’t respond to that, instead watching from his vantage point atop a building as a man seemed to snatch that acquaintance of his as well as the purse he pinched from the lady. The idiot deserved everything he got of course. Getting caught meant he wasn’t good enough at the pick pocketing industry.

He didn’t look that notable, with his gray hoodie and slightly faded jeans tucked into his sneakers. He flipped through the few wallets he picked while weaving through the crowd, pulling out a few mostly wrinkled bills. People would carry around cash, even if they didn’t have much. Two hundred was today's haul, which was good enough for him.  Food was looking promising for the near future.

Interesting how many pickpockets thrive in my confines, He ignored her then, turning to the loud shriek of  police sirens. Was something going on? Could ask me? I tend to know when big things happen in the city, even if I’m stuck with you,

Okay, she had a point there. Not that she told him too much about what happened in this city. Something about people being allowed their secrets, though he never bought that load for a second. Why did she get to know everything? Fine then. What’s with all the sirens? Something interesting or just a bust?

Self satisfied laughter followed that, somehow echoing through his mind as if it were an empty hallway. His head wasn’t some kind of empty place right? It almost made him feel self conscious thinking about it.

Can I get an answer or not?

Looks to be some kind of protest I think. Corporate greed and all that fun stuff saturating me. Wonder what corruption they’re screaming about now? It sounded like she should know about that thing but he didn’t know what a spirit of a city should know. The concept itself just sounded crazy really.

You have no idea how boring that sounds, he responded mentally, climbing down from his rooftop with a few practiced parkour maneuvers.  Landing to the backstreets with  the mildest of jarring pain on his ankles as he tucked into a roll. He liked to be a little excessive.

Surprised you’re not there for the wallets,

Okay, now things sounded suddenly more interesting. Without even needing to think about it, he was already making his way towards that protest thing and the police which were drawn to it like ants. People chanted about lies and the company being something criminal, which did sound interesting though he looked more at the people standing at the edges of the affair. Was something interesting going to happen? He hoped there was going to be something exploding.

In the crowd around the protest he noted a familiar face. The one who grabbed that purse snatcher.  What was he doing around here? Maybe he was a hero type who shoved his nose where it didn’t belong? Sure, that Atlas guy did it too but he also had the power to level buildings which gave him a little wiggle room. Ethan just didn’t want to mess with that kind of crazy.

Well,  there was a spark of flame and then one of the screaming folk had their brows burnt smooth. Interesting, the pretty boy has some fire power, She spoke in his head, amused seemingly by the concept.

What? He just snapped, not like it’s proof he has superpowers,

Believe what you want Ethan but I know things. he didn’t quite buy it but the spirit would argue despite anything he said.

Uh huh, Internal conversations were new but they happened a lot. Even still he sifted through the crowd, slipping what felt like a leather wallet into his pocket in the press of people until he found himself standing to the guy. ”Thought this was going to be boring but I guess exploding megaphones works too,” he wondered if the spirits intuition knew anything but he didn’t put too much stock into her “knowledge”.
Punk Prince of New York
Punk Prince of New York

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2020-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 28th 2022, 5:21 am

Malus' attention was set on the megaphone, making sure that the fire ate it up entirely before extinguishing the flames. His thoughts on the next thing to burn was interrupted by a voice. The pleasing tone had commented on the display of exploding megaphones, and it made him smirk.

"Definitely not something you see every day, but I'm not surprised with all the meta activity." shrugging, he would finally take in the man next to him.

His eyes of melting amber would sweep down over Ethan, the sunglasses on his face hiding his true intentions. Ethan's reflection would meet him where Malus' eyes would normally be, had they not been blocked.

With the smirk still lingering on his face, he would look back to the protestors as they were apprehended by the police. That seemed unfair, even if they were out here being a nuisance, they were mostly telling truths about the criminal underworld. It was unfortunate that the best of the innocents were always the ones falling victim to the harshest punishments.

Malus, however, knew that everyone had a role to play, even himself. And today, fate so happened to take him here to stop the spread of information regarding his mother's company and livelihood.

Clearing his throat, he would sigh and roll his neck and shoulders, a popping triplet sound coming from his cervical vertebrae. Relief washed over him. That man smacking into him earlier had knocked him a little harder than he had realized. The adrenaline of the situation hadn't settled yet, seeing as he went from one high attention scenario to the next, so of course he didn't realize until now.

"I wonder what criminals they wrote code for. They must desperately want justice if they're willing to risk it all like this." commenting aloud, he turned his attention back toward Ethan, making a conscious look around of his immediate person, being sure to be wary of any New York pick pockets. Standing in a crowd for too long could cost you your wallet, keys, or watch. Had to be mindful.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Misfits JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Punk Prince of New York October 30th 2022, 9:37 pm

The man didn’t respond, as the flames continued to consume the rest of the megaphone which was reduced to nothing more than dangerous slag. Ethan wondered what had gone on, but the spirit was very intent on knowing exactly what had happened. Who knew the spirit of a city could act like such a know it all? Finally the man answered him only after the megaphone was completely gone.

”Always those metas around somewhere,” He agreed with a nod, watching those around the one with the destroyed megaphone reacting however they did. Mostly surprise, as if this was just something they didn’t expect. Well, it made this protest funnier for him anyway. Glasses shrouded eyes turned to him, though he couldn’t tell where they were looking and where they stopped. All he knew was it made the hairs on the back of his neck raise.

”Plenty of criminals around I bet, those guys probably have a point too. Can’t trust those corporate types to not have some dealing in that kinda thing,” Did he know who would need code? No. probably those hacking types that loved breaking into peoples computers to steal their information. He couldn’t imagine doing something like that. Just the kind of thing that didn’t work with him, didn’t have the kind of vibe he liked.

You think the company is actually guilty? I can sense some judgment in your mind,

Don’t trust rich types myself. Always seems like something is going on with them, He buried his hands into his baggy hoodie pockets, looking between the man and the little protest still happening. They had to have a reason he was sure, there was always an angle with people demanding something. Maybe they did have grievances but he also had the feeling there was more.

”Think they have a point?” He questioned, hmming to himself while trying to read the mans expression. Not like he was good at it.

He definitely knows something.

Last edited by Punk Prince of New York on January 15th 2023, 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Punk Prince of New York
Punk Prince of New York

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 7th 2023, 3:28 am

Malus' gaze would fall upon Ethan, his amber hued irises glowing brightly to reflect the flames licking at the smoldering heap of what remained of the megaphone. A smirk would play at Malus' lips, tugging his expression to pull Ethan's attention.

"I think all people willing to sacrifice their careers or reputation have some sort of point to be made." letting out a soft sigh, he would brush a hand up and through his brown locks, sending a few strands to dance back across his brow. There was always a stubborn piece.

As he turned to step aside from the dispersing crowd, the police would herd anyone not causing a ruckus off to the side or have them just leave if they had nothing to add to the witness statement. Malus made it a point to avoid the police. It was his own experience with the police forces of Japan that had him avoiding anything to do with them here in the States.

Malus' own person had little to nothing on it, save for an old beat-up phone, and a lighter. He also had a few pieces of jewelry decorating himself. A nice watch on his left wrist, a chain around of his neck, and a few rings on either hand. He looked an average bloke, but that was only at surface level.

Sizing Ethan up one final time, Malus would await any continued conversation that he wanted share. The spirit attached to Ethan would sense that Malus was likely wary of Ethan at this point in time. And if not, perhaps she felt a sense of caution on the wind. Whatever the feeling was, Malus would clear his throat and look back to the arrests happening before their eyes.

"It's cruel. They really should not be taken in for sharing the words, even if they're talking bad about the wrong people." sucking on his teeth, he would let another sigh roll through him.

-My DeviantArt-
Misfits JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Punk Prince of New York January 16th 2023, 9:43 pm

Did sacrificing something mean people had a point? Ethan wondered that, though he didn’t really care. He might have a point there, The spirit chimed in internally.

Just sounds like people being stupid but with integrity, He mentally responded, thoughts almost sour in tone.  It was always those with honor making these kinds of decisions, but often he saw the same people losing their lives with the points they made.  It just made no sense to him. Despite that the crowd gathering out there were already quickly dispersing.  Must not have had that important of a point did they?

He didn’t stay around any scene with cops though. They were always a good excuse to step away from things.  He felt the spirit become a little curious, a tremble within himself but she said nothing beyond that.

”Guess so but that’s how it works. People that shouldn’t be taken in get thrown in the slammer, and the crooked types stay free,” He knew that all too well. Even he was one of those crooked types that just got away with things. If only because he knew how to about being arrested.  ”Who do you think the right people are?”
Punk Prince of New York
Punk Prince of New York

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 18th 2023, 3:38 pm

A chuckle rolled through Malus as he turned, making to step away with the crowd. Ethan's continued interest in the conversation had Malus curious about his intentions, but kept that to himself. His expression was blank other than a small smirk playing at his lips.

His footfalls were basically silent, each gliding step making it seem almost as if he were floating down the sidewalk. The soft clinks of chains on his jacket would ring, adding to the ambient sound of the big apple. Or could it even be called that anymore? The city was mostly rebuilt at this point, but a few unsavory areas of the city had been deliberately ignored. Some serious influence from the big wigs up top. A sigh left Malus as he replied to Ethan.

"The right people? Heh. I am the wrong person to be asking that question," his teeth would grit on the words, a little taken aback by the question.

He was hardly the right person to give opinions on this, but hey, Ethan asked.

"Well, if I'm honest, the right person depends on the scenario at hand. Sometimes there's going to be a situation where you need someone with a twisted conscious to get the tasks done." a brow quirked as he looked toward Ethan, assuming he would have caught up and fell into his steps by now. Malus wasn't walking fast, by any means. He was taking a leisurely pace. As he moved down the sidewalk, however, it seemed as if people would avoid him. They would step to the side, and make room for him as he moved. The air around of Malus seemed to be significantly more warm, his skin radiating heat. That would be noticeable enough of Ethan was indeed keeping up.

"So, what do you think? Who are the right people?" another soft chuckle would rumble out of his chest, that same smirk resting on his lips.

-My DeviantArt-
Misfits JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Punk Prince of New York March 3rd 2023, 9:01 pm

Did sacrificing something mean people had a point? Ethan wondered that, though he didn’t really care. He might have a point there, The spirit chimed in internally.

Just sounds like people being stupid but with integrity, He mentally responded, thoughts almost sour in tone.  It was always those with honor making these kinds of decisions, but often he saw the same people losing their lives with the points they made.  It just made no sense to him. Despite that the crowd gathering out there were already quickly dispersing.  Must not have had that important of a point did they?

He didn’t stay around any scene with cops though. They were always something that meant he had to step away from the whole thing.  Well, either way he was walking away from the whole thing which made him feel easier at ease.  It always felt like the cops would find a reason to try and bust him anyway. ”Never cared about right or wrong really. Everyones kinda shitty I guess,” Ethan explain, shrugging as if he hadn't put too much thought into who was right or wrong. ”Only really came around here because something interesting was goin on, not much of that for me around here,” At least not involving some kind of cosmic gunk trying to kill him.
Punk Prince of New York
Punk Prince of New York

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 24th 2023, 7:17 pm

His right hand would brush through his dark brown hair, ruffling the locks and causing it to fall across his brow in one fluid motion. His hand would return to his side, tucking into his pocket as he continued to walk, glancing toward Ethan out of the corner of his eye, his head barely turning to pay attention, meaning to keep his eyes ahead so he didn't run into any pedestrians.

Despite the city being rebuilt, the entire populace was still prominently using their own two feet to get from point A to point B, in most cases. There were still taxis, and ride share services, but the piss ants of New York still roamed around, most of the populace seemingly empty shells of rinse, repeat on life.

Chuckling to himself, Malus would nod along with Ethan. The pessimist within himself could easily agree.

"Everyone is kind of shitty, huh?" his voice was laced with the same chuckle, his head shaking slightly. This caused his hair to reposition, again, moving more to the left of his brows.

From Ethan's view, he would be met with an angled jaw and the hint of a five o'clock shadow threatening to peak through. Malus had made it a goal to keep his face clean shaven. It kept him looking youthful, despite his age.

"It seems as though there's always something interesting going on in this city... but, perhaps it's just one of those boring days." he would sigh afterward, his voice trailing off as he shrugged his shoulders.

He would continue walking, no real goal in mind. The sun would become blocked by a large gray cloud, the threat of rain imminent. As the clouds rolled in, a cool breeze would billow in with it, bringing an almost eerie feeling to envelope the current city block they were walking down.

He started thinking back to the protestor. "Do you follow any of the politics behind of big companies like that? The whole, rich eating the rich, basically?" Malus would poke the fire, testing to see where Ethan was coming from, and perhaps if he truly believed everyone was indeed shitty.

-My DeviantArt-
Misfits JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Punk Prince of New York August 13th 2023, 3:39 pm

He wasn’t really the chatty sort. Not the kind of person to just strike up a conversation with a stranger, even if they were the type that looked like they stepped out of a magazine.  How did people look like that anyway? He wondered and the spirit never gave any answers to that question, which left him wondering more and more. Occasionally shooting glances to the man, wondering what interest he might have in the little protest. If he had any at all beyond boredom. Talk of good and bad tended to bore him honestly. Leave the high minded idealism to the people that didn’t have to deal with all the results.

”Everyones looking out for Number One, which makes them shitty. Specially if you’re not number one,” Ethan noted, lip curling downward into a frown.  Out here it was always that way. If someone handed anything out, it was your job to look out for the string attached and all that came with it. Even thinking about it was enough to make him feel ill at ease, like this guy was no different. As if that was a surprise. Despite that here he was chatting with him, not really putting as much caution as he usually did into things.

You shouldn’t be so guarded. I don’t feel anything dangerous from this man, The spirit chimed in, which only made him feel more on edge for some reason.

”Crazy dudes tryin to blow the city up every other week maybe,” He noted, remembering all the times he lived through and the scent of fire. Screaming. There was always screaming when it happened.

The faint, cool sensation of oncoming rain tingled along his spine and he tried to ignore it. Turning attention more to the mans words.  ”Rich eating rich? Nah, I heard a little talk about guillotines or whatever, that’s about it though..” Ethan shrugged, looking about as nonchalant as he could manage. ”So I don’t think anyone who spouts that kinda stuff really cares about other people. Just wanna be the rich themselves,” It sounded fine enough saying it outloud, and honestly it made sense in his own worldview.  The rumble of discontent worked its way through him, as if something was disagreeing.
Punk Prince of New York
Punk Prince of New York

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum