The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Beholder of the eyes
Lake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Lake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Lake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Lake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Lake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Lake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Fusion Frenzy
Lake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Pleasant Point
Lake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Lake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Lake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:26 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Lake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_vote_lcapLake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_voting_barLake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
Lake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_vote_lcapLake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_voting_barLake Night Terrors - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Vorik
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Lake Night Terrors

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OPEN Re: Lake Night Terrors

Post by Nate6595 June 9th 2020, 3:39 am

Melody looked up at the returning fiend and only looked mildly annoyed by its sudden presence. She was over it all. The fake haunted cabin that turned out to be bullshit scientist, the big bulky dudes which were annoying to fight, the down ass Agent who was totally evil and deserved a severe beating, every goddamn monster they had to fight, and then fact, the goddamn fact, that none of them knew how to stay down. This was getting ridiculous and she was through with it. As her ears draped downward, a telltale sign of her growing annoyance, she looked over to Yang and lifted a finger, pointing to the foe that was thought to be beat.

“Your guy, huh?” She didn’t sound upset at Yang, just done with the situation overall, “Ya know in zombie movies and other bullshit like this its traditional to take off their head. That’s how all the movie stars do it at least.” She grumbled a bit, slowly looking back to the behemoth of a monster blocking their way forward. After its fight with Yang it certainly looked beat up, but…it only looked tougher that way? Ironic almost. Mel could see the flesh around it regrowing over its wounds, the muscles tightening, strengthening as if all the pain and beatdown that it had received made it stronger, and she could hear the internal workings, the guts and bones, slushing and cracking back into place.

What a disgusting monster.

Though, on a second thought (one that made her ear twitch with excitement), beating up monsters…putting them down, that was essentially the essence of being a hero. One of the oldest definitions in fact, and deep down, part of her was reveling in this. The fact that she, a hero, could put down so many inhuman monsters. She wanted to take down who was responsible for this, because she also knew that these monsters were probably human at some point and she was essentially putting them to rest at this point, but she also knew that doing this made her feel even more like a hero. As messed up as that may seem.

Slowly, that look of annoyance shifted into her usual expression, that determined gaze, the smug smirk, and the perking of her ears as she patted her fist into an open palm. She still had plenty of fight left in her to take on whatever this place was going to throw at her. Her energy was low and her body was warm, her limit nearing. But she still could manage a bit more and take on Rabid Rabbit once or twice more before she’d be totally out of commission.

Her gaze cautiously returned to Yang, “Alright, I got a plan. We’re gonna both aim for its head, we let out everything we can in one single combo strike, yeah? Try and take this down with everything we got. Not sure what else we could do to this other than try to completely obliterate it like we did with the one outside.” She rose a fist to Yang before popping up a thumb, “What do you say, huh? Not the worst idea. Might be nice to actually let loose on this thing. If you’re down for the plan, I’ll follow your lead, yeah? Leap when you do, and don’t worry…” She crouched down, placing her fist on the metal flooring, glaring up at the monster, “I’ll be able to keep up with whatever it is you decide to do.” Her voice was full of that same confidence, same sureness as always. She actually believed that this plan would work.

Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. June 11th 2020, 3:01 am

Yang almost allowed a smile to creep onto her face as the beast made its appearance. It was one tough customer, that was for sure. Yang couldn’t properly remember when the last time she faced such a durable opponent was. Come to think of it, with all she’d thrown at this beast, there definitely wasn’t any like this that she had fought. Something that she could actually fight to kill. The notion of ending the fight was kind of saddening though, and she made sure Melody knew it. “Where’s the fun in that. This thing is tough. Totally the best chance to get some practice in. Besides, its not like were in any rush!”

Agent Li let out a rather inhumanly audible sigh, her eyes rolling and meeting with Yang’s as the young woman glanced over her shoulder. “You be quiet.” Yang would look back to Melody, while occasionally looking back at the beast. Luckily it wasn’t in much of a hurry to engage the two heroes. It was too busy repairing the damage Yang had done to it earlier. Letting out a sigh of her own, Yang would fold her arms across her chest and avert her gaze upward. “Ugh, fine. We’ll do it your way. We’ve got to be smart about this though. Don’t want to ruin our only way out of this place.”

Yang was one to talk. Her immediate thought for ending this was going full power. That was just way to excessive. She couldn’t really go into the embodiment of war either, the heat would more than likely affect Melody, Li, and the elevator. That really only left two other options. Either she just powered up and hoped that her strength combined with Melody’s was enough, which it would be if earlier was anything to go by. But where was the fun in that? Yang wanted to show off.

She’d hold both of her arms at her sides, fists clenched. Electricity began to arc all across her body. There would be a bright flash of light before revealing Yang’s new form. Once again she was covered from head to toe in a white armor that fit her form perfectly. If anything, she might have actually looked a little slimmer as well. The form was almost alien looking. “Ok so here’s the plan. I’ll jump in and hit it with a bunch of attacks. Try to overwhelm his healing factor a bit. While I do that, start charging up. When you’re ready, just go in on the ugly bastard and I’ll try to mach the force of your strike, just like we did at the campsite.”

She’d nod her head to Melody before vanishing in the blink of an eye. Transforming into a literal streak of lightning and appearing at the monsters side in an instant. Once she was in position, Yang began to dance around the grotesque beast, delivering a flurry of punches and kicks as she did. Each strike that landed, caused the beast to flinch and cry out. Its skin began to sizzle and steam. It looked like Yang’s plan might actually be working. It was as if the beast couldn’t keep healing itself as fast as it was being damaged.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2019-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 June 11th 2020, 4:10 am

Melody smirked over to her teammate, giving a roll of her eyes. “Yeah, I hear ya, but can’t drag it on too long, ya know? If we’re gonna beat it we might as well do something flashy, yeah?” She gave another nod, “Right! Then start your pummeling already, don’t keep me waiting too long or else I’m gonna get bored and do it myself, then you’ll seriously miss out on all the fun. If you’re still looking for a fight after this I’ll take you on myself!” It was all friendly jabs, Mel had long passed taking this situation seriously. These things were just hulking meat shields, they didn’t seem to deal serious damage, at least to her. Property damage, exhaustion, and Agent Li were the only really problematic aspects to this job.

She watched as the Yang took off and let out a sharp whistle, keeping a hand over her eyes as she watched the beatdown. It certainly was impressive. Melody could definitely see herself sparing with this strange empowered person, give each other a good work out. It’d be a nice change from these dang meat shields, something smarter and that could pack an impressive punch, but there would be time to think on that after the job was done. For now, she just wanted to get out of this dank place.

Seeing Yang go all out, or at least going heavy on the beast urged Mel to do the same. It egged her on. She really wanted to show all she could do. Still, she couldn’t put too much into it or else she’d cause serious damage to the facility itself. She needed to do one condensed strike, energy built up in her foot and pressed in so that it would cause an explosion or overly destructive wave like her usual strikes did. It would take some extra focus, but she was sure she could pull it off, especially with Yang keeping the thing busy.

Her body began to spark up again with the orange crackles of light. Her eyes glowed a fierce color, blazing orange which only seemed to show off that determined nature of hers. Energy bubbled inside of her as the rabid rabbit took over, her bloodstream building her up more and more. Her power continued to grow as she channeled that energy, it was diverted mainly into her legs (they were always her more energy output from them). She kept herself crouched down, eyes never leaving the beast, even as it struggled against Yang.

And then she hopped to it.

In a flash, in the blink of an eye, she launched herself to the beast. She used energy to propel herself forward going faster than she had in a long, normal eyes would only be able to make out her blur. She had moved into a leaping kick, her foot extended and then crashing into the monster’s head, aiming right between its eyes, or…where the eyes may have been. She never actually checked to see what this things eye situation was like. Too late now. As soon as the foot connected there would be an audible cracking nose, a gust of wind shooting out and blowing to all sides of the room, and then…a burst, a pop of the things head as it went flying each way. Before it could even stain her, however, Melody would have already jumped back, sliding a few feat as she did so.

She’d let out a few heavy breaths as the rabid rabbit faded and then…she looked towards the monster, hoping that it was finally down for the count.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Job : Student
Humor : Everything!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. June 11th 2020, 8:39 pm

As Yang pummeled the creature, she waited for a signal she wouldn’t get. Melody leapt into action, and not in the way the the young overseer was hoping. There was an audible pop as Melody’s foot connected with the beast. Yang took a step back waving her arms at her side. “What was that? Where was the signal? Where was the energy blast?” The blonde would let out a sigh and shook her head. The armor would vanish as fast as it had formed, returning Yang back to normal. The creatures corpse sizzled and steamed as it lay motionless.

“It’s going to get back up you know!” Agent Li would shout over the loud roar and rumble of machinery as the large elevator continued its descent. “I thought I told you to ssh” Yang said, putting a finger to her lips. “This thing sure is taking a long time. How far down to you thi…” Yang was immediately cut short by the sound of crunching bones and writhing flesh. The young woman would spin around in time to see the whole back of the creature basically split in half down the center. From the newly formed gash, a nasty and vile looking slug-like mass of flesh would emerge. On the tip rested what resembled a human skull, no doubt the new things face. Several tendrils would sprout from the mound of dead flesh that was previously its body and it would attempt to use these new limbs to move.

As if the thing couldn’t get any worse, several yellow eyes would open up along the slug-like mass, and the rest of the beasts body. It would let out a deafening howl that would cause the pupils on all the eyes to shrink and stare off in random directions. A feint glow would begin to emit from them. “I told you!” Agent Li would taunt. “I’ve got half a mind to feed you to that thing! Melody to me!” Yang would shout before extending out her arm and producing a barrier around the three women.

Beams of energy would shoot out in all directions from the monsters eyes searing and cutting through most of what they connected with. “Im fairly certain the only way this thing dies is if we completely destroy it. No traces left. You with me this time? We hit it with everything we got once we have an opening!”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 June 16th 2020, 1:57 am

Melody let out a nervous laugh as landed and skidded back. She rubbed the back of her head looking over to Yang. She gave her an apologetic smile. “Ha, sorry ‘bout that. Saw you going all out and got a bit amped up. Took one hop too many.”

Her eyes then immediately flicked to the barrier and the flashing lights of the monster’s attack. Even with the barrier she could feel the ground beneath her tremble and shake from its power. This had to be the strongest thing here, well, besides herself and Yang. She was sure that after they promptly dealt with it it’d be smooth sailing. She could be done with all this nonsense and get back to her vacation. She was seriously over this whole horror movie show at this point.

It would be, however, therapeutic, to give Li a scolding and a light thrashing after this. She even had the nerve to take jabs at Yang, which was complete bullshit. She knew that she could be a bit…much some days and could have a hard time getting along with people, especially corrupt authority figures, but Yang was a peach! She didn’t deserve that kind of back talk. She was sure she’d give Li a good bap after this thing was done.

Her gaze once more passed to Yang, raising a hand and giving her a thumbs up. “Yeah, sounds like a plan. I’m gonna aim for the left side of the body and release as much energy as I can in an explosive force. I’ll try and limit the damage to the area so I don’t bring this place down on us, a bit more powerful than that headshot I did. As soon as this energy breaks let’s hop to it!”

If the plan was agreed upon, she’d wait. Wait for that beast to stop its onslaught of energy that blasted against Yang’s barrier. If the plan, however, was changed, Melody would wait for Yang’s signal to go in. She didn’t want to repeat her mistake for last time. But, whenever the blast of energy from that beast ended and the opening was found, Mel would stamp a foot down and leap forward. She could feel her heart beat against her chest, quickening in pace. She hadn’t realized how long she had actually been doing rabid rabbit, but she knew the drawbacks were starting to set in. Dizziness, heat, fatigue. Her body still pulsed with energy and power, but these were signs that she’d need to break it off soon. She probably only had two or three more full power strikes in her before it’d be over. She’d just have to make sure this blow would do it.

She extended her foot out as she leapt through the air, aiming the left side of the beast’s body. There would be spiraling orange light around her leg as she kicked outward, light flashing from her. She tried her best to condense the energy so it wouldn’t cause a major explosion, but as her foot connected the burst of energy would send a wave of energy out and around the beast causing a shockwave of sorts to echo out. Maybe a bit too much energy, but it was a solid kick without a doubt, one of the highest outputs of damage she could do. It was a hit that she could feel echo through her body, one that rattled her bones.

It felt good. She only hoped that it was enough along with Yang’s strike to actually put this thing down.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. June 16th 2020, 5:10 pm

Yang looked on at the beast with a slight be of awe. It was crazy to think that a creature like this was made in a lab. Just what the hell was its actual purpose? What was it going to be used for? These were questions the young overseer would have to looking into once this whole ordeal was over. Yang kept her hand out, her barrier held steady as the mutated beast continued to unleash havoc on the surrounding area. The whole building seemed to shake and quiver as it was pelted by the beams of energy being emitted from the creatures eyes. There was no telling just how much more of this the elevator could withstand.

There would finally be a break in the monsters onslaught. This was it, this was their chance to finally make a move. “NOW!” is all Yang would shout as she lowered her hand, and the barrier with it. At a time like this, Yang normally would have been worried about ruining the clothes she was wearing, but seeing as how they were covered in plaster and blood by this point, she didn’t see the point. Instead she’d unleash a little bit of her anger out on the creature. This time the thing would go down for good.

With blinding speed, Yang would close the gap between her and the beast, as Melody flew through the air. Yang would form blades of energy around her hands and thrust them into the body of the beast. It would let out a terrible cry that drowned out the moaning sound of the large elevator. Once her hands were embedded in the monsters body, Yang would focus on creating a ball of energy between her palms. Light began to pour out of the creatures body until *BOOM*. Melody’s kick would land just as Yang detonated the ball of energy she had formed. This caused a bright flash of light that consumed the monsters body and with a blinding flash it rained blood on the platform as the beast was no more.

Yang would fall on her behind “Guess that takes care of that” she’d say with a chuckle. Just in time for the elevator to come to a stop as well. The trio would be left off in a large warehouse looking room that was lined with wooden and steel crates. Off to the side was a large cargo loading door. Li would point to it “Just past that door is our ride out of her.” Yang looked about the warehouse, now would be the perfect time to see what all these people were up to. There was nothing else to get in their way. That is there was nothing to get in their way until a rather obnoxious alarm began to go off, followed by a warning “NUCLEAR STRIKE DETECTED. ALL PERSONEL ARE TO EXACUATE IMMEDIATELY. THIS LOCATION HAS BEEN DESIGNATED AS COMPROMISED.” This would play on loop.

Yang’s head would snap back to agent Li. The woman would return the gaze with a shrug “That’s new!” Yang would let out a groan. “I’m going to find out whoever built this place and I’m going to beat the shit out of them I swear! Everyone on the train now!” She’d motion for the other two women to follow her. With her patience at an all time low, Yang didn’t even bother trying to open the cargo door properly and resorted to punching it open. To Yang’s surprise and relief there was a tram waiting for them. That being said, there seemed to be two soldiers guarding it. Before Yang could leap into action and knock them out, agent Li rushed in front of her.

“Easy! They’re with me.” She’d say before approaching the two startled soldiers. “Its good to see you boss.” The taller of the two would say, lowering his weapon and seeming to let out a sigh of relief. “We were worried about you. We were just about to head back to look for ya. Did you get the evidence you needed so we can bring these assholes down?”

Li would wave her arms a bit “Easy there fellas. Im fine. And yeah, I got what we needed. Those two didn’t make it easy, but they did help. The one with the Rabbit ears has it on her.” Both soldiers seemed happy that Li was alright. Their attention turned to the two women accompanying her “Thank you for your help.” The tall one said. “And thank you for looking after our commander.” the shorter and wider of the two would say. “We’ll have plenty of time to chat later. But in case you forgot!”[/color] Li would interrupt and point a finger in the air, and almost on queue the warning alarm would go off once more. “We need to get out of here asap.”

Sort of swept up in the moment, Yang seemed to zone out. She couldn’t believe that whoever was behind this place, this company, was going to just try and erase all traces of this lab. And it went with out saying that the nearby town would be wiped out as well. She couldn’t allow that. Whether they were working with this company or not, the people in that town were innocent. The young overseer wouldn’t stand by and let anything happen to them. “You guy’s get on the tram and get going. I…I uh…I’m gonna go stop the nuke….if there even is one…” she said with a slight chuckle. She didn’t want to let anyone try to talk her out of doing what she was about to do.

There was no danger to her anyway. If she was fast enough, she could intercept the missile, take it into space, and blow it up there. Easy as pie. No one would get hurt, this lab would remain in tact, it was a win win. Wasting little time, a bright flash of light would envelop Yang and once again she’d assume the sleek transformation she had used earlier on the elevator. This form offered her an insane boost to her speed and with it, she knew she could reach the nuke in time. “Back in a flash!” she’d say before literally exploding down the length of the tunnel like a lightning bolt.

“She’s not serious is she?” The stout soldier would say, looking to Li and Melody. “With the things I’ve seen today, I’d say she’s one hundred percent serious. In any case, you heard her. Everyone on the tram now so we can get out of here!” Li would order the two other soldiers while also hoping that just this once, Melody wouldn’t give her any lip.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 June 20th 2020, 4:04 am

Melody was panting when she skidded back from her strike, her body hot and dripping with sweat. The orange crackling energy around her faded out, though the occasional crackle still shot through her body. She was still standing, not shaking yet, but her limit was right around the corner and it showed. She was physically tired, her muscles yelling at her. It felt like they were rusty girders, groaning as some tremendous force moved over them, ready to give at any moment. Still, she stood strong, grinning that same wild and confident smile of hers.

Thankfully, it seemed like the job was done.

She looked over to Yang and gave a single nod and a thumbs up. “Just another day on job, yeah?” She said, almost laughing. “Let’s get out of her-” She was cut off. The sudden siren and the announcement over the loud speakers. Her heart sank a bit at that. She had taken care of missiles before. There was a battleship not too long ago that had been taken over by pirates had shot anyone down who had gotten close. She had managed to use a good chunk of energy to jump up and use the force of a punch to send it off course. She wasn’t sure how far she had managed to knock ‘em though. Far enough to not cause damage to the shoreline, that was for sure. But never had she taken out a nuke before. She was sure she could, though she wouldn’t have a choice.

Her ears did flop down a bit, though, a tired, saddened look coming to her expression. She was already so close to her limit. She was sure if she did this that she’d pass out afterwards, completely spent. She’d spend the rest of her vacation out of order basically. Such is the life of a hero, she supposed, only shaking her head at the comments of the team. They seemed pretty chill about it, there was worry for sure, but it seemed more like they were all just…done with it. One of hell of a day.

She first had to get out of this place, so she followed along as quick as she could. She kept her ears sharp for any danger as they moved, but sure enough, they arrived at the tram with little to no issue. At Yang’s remark her ears once more perked up, a surprised and almost relieved expression coming to her. “What? Wait, what? Really?” She almost laughed at the notion. She didn’t Yang, but it was still surprising to hear someone else offer to take on the job. She was so used to work with folk who couldn’t take on such feats. This was a nice change of pace. She gave a nod, grinning, and once more giving that thumbs up she was so apt to do. “Ey, if you think you can handle it. I wouldn’t mind tackling it myself, honestly.” She stepped forward, giving another nod, though this time a slightly more serious expression to her, “Hey, good luck up there. I’ll be waiting for you down here. Better come back down or else I’m coming up to kick your ass, ya hear?” She grinned, turning to move to the tram.

She listened as Yang blasted off to take care of the nuke, letting out a sigh. She wasn’t worried, she actually quite positive everything was going to be fine. She was really just tired at this point. She gave a small, dismissive wave of her hand to Li. “Yeah yeah, I’m going. You don’t need to tell me. Someone’s gotta make sure you lot get out of here safely.” She laughed again, holding the door open for Li.

She hung onto one of the ceiling rails as the tram doors closed and the team departed outward. It was fast, moving like a bullet train to the exit. She kept her eyes up and to the ceiling as she quietly thought to herself about the situation. She wondered if there really was a nuke, if Yang could really do it (though, again, she was sure she could), and what would happen to this place on a whole. Would the government really do the right thing? Would these experiments stop here? Or would it just get picked up by some other group?

The question still was who ran this place? Why would they nuke it? And where were they getting the resources to fund it? There were so many variables to it. Could it really be solved in one night?

She let out another heavy breath, shaking his head and looking to the floor. Gah. It was this part of heroing that got to her. She could only do so much, reach so far, and stop so many crimes. It didn’t feel like any impact was really being made overall. It was so frustrating. There needed to be some change, some difference made. There needed to be end to this kind of villainy.

Her gaze turned to the front of the tram and there she could see a light coming up. It must’ve been day by now? How long had they actually gone down there? Sun setting when they went in, and now the sun was rising on a new day. That’s when the exhaustion really hit her. For now, though, she was just grateful that the tram as airconditioned and that she could cool down after a long night of work. But who knows…maybe the final boss was waiting at the end of this tram ride? She’d find out soon if the night’s work was just getting started.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. June 20th 2020, 6:49 am

Yang tried to maintain her composure as she rocketed out of the tram tunnel. She could do it right, she could stop the nuke? Of course she could, she was the strongest Overseer in existence there was no way she could fail at something like this. Worse case is it blew up in her face. She could survive that right? There was always a first for everything. Yang would exit the tram tunnel and fly high into the sky. Of all her gifts, super sight was not one of them. How was she supposed to know which direction the attack would be coming from. If there was one thing she could do, it was use her speed. That was definitely an advantage she had.

She would explode into a wide circular pattern around the campsite, keep her eyes peeled for anything odd in the sky the whole time. After several laps, Yang would slow herself down and in doing so, would catch a small glint of light off in the distance. “That’s gotta be it!” she’d mumble to herself before blasting off in the direction of the light. Sure enough, as Yang zoomed through the sky, a single fighter jet blasted by her in the opposite direction. From the brief glimpse she got of it, Yang could tell it was no ordinary jet.

She’d have to think about its design later, right now there was a bigger problem. The young Overseer would fly into position in front of the missile and would slowly decrease her speed to match it. Eventually she’d lower her speed enough to halt the missile in its path. Now all she had to do was get this thing high enough into the atmosphere or even out of it, then she could blow it up. Slightly tilting the nuke upwards, Yang would grip on to it tightly and guide it higher and higher into the sky.

Once she was satisfied with the altitude, Yang would use her strength to Force the rocket up higher. With a quick spin, Yang would turn in the direction of the redirected nuke. With a quick thrust of her arm, a beam of energy would erupt from her palm and connect with the nuke. A massive fire ball would light up the morning sky. The explosion was big enough to see from the town. Agent Li hunched down a bit to look out the front window of the tram to see the explosion in the sky.

“She actually did it!” She’d mumble. Her two comrades would perk up and turn their attention to the window on the right side of the tram to see the explosion as well. “Bloody hell! To think that was going to hit the town!” The taller of the two soldiers said in astonishment.

“Whew, That went better than expected. That being said…If I ever find out who made that order, Ima beat the fuck out of them.” Yang would turn away from the explosion and head back towards the tracks the tram was supposed to run on. By the time it came to a stop, Yang was already waiting for the group. Having powered down, you could see her smiling from ear to ear. “See…Piece of cake.”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 June 21st 2020, 3:27 am

Melody found herself smirking at Li’s comment. Of course she did. She’s a hero, and that’s what heroes do. They stop imminent danger, save the day, and do so with barely breaking a sweat. She, of course, didn’t say this aloud. She knew that Li wouldn’t care for it and that would only further the chasm-like divide between them. She didn’t care to make friends with her or even get on her good side, but it’d be a waste of breath. She had wasted enough breath on her, Li was an indifferent bitch who thought she was hot shit because of her position. Wasn’t worth any of it anymore.

Plus…

Melody’s focus was elsewhere. She searched the area around them as they waited for Yang’s return. It seemed safe but worry still hung in the air like the scent of rotted meat. In all their encounters down below there had never been a “boss” figure. There were strong monsters, corpses of guards, and so forth, but no one managing it all. No one there to take responsibility. Sure, he could’ve died, but there was something about that outcome that seemed unreal. You don’t run an organization like that without making sure your head is safe.

No. Whoever was in charge was still out there, and something in her gut told her that she couldn’t trust Li and the government to rightly take them out. Even if they did, they wouldn’t just remove the research. It would all begin again because those in power rarely learn from the mistakes of the past. For a time they might, but mostly it all just repeats. Part of her hoped, as a hero, that she may be able to change that. For now, she’d let it slide. There was only so much one person could do in one night. And they did a pretty damn good job overall.

As Yang landed Mel’s expression lightened, a bright grin on her face, though she did look exhausted. Her hair was a mess, she was scarped up pretty bad, a sweat clung to her, and her clothing was torn in a few places, mainly around her legs and arms. She had not been in her hero attire and her normal clothing hadn’t taken all those powerful blasts well. But still, that smile was sweet and confident, a carefree sort of look, as if all the problems they just faced were distant.

She rose a fist to Yang, offering a fist bump. “Hero of the hour. Nice work up there. Had me worried for a few moments, but looks like you really sent it flying. Don’t think any of the radiation got to ground either.” She pulled her hand back and ran it through her short hair which was white, but now stained with dark spots from who knows what. “How ya feelin’ after all that? Wouldn’t blame ya if you wanted to pass out for a bit. Personally…” She laughed a bit, “I really need a shower.” She would wait a moment for her to answer her first question before going on. “You know…I don’t know what ya got planned after this, like, after all the business here, but…” Her smile softened, “I was heading upstate, got another few hours of the drive, house by a lake, barbecue, drinks, and just a really nice place to chill and relax. The house has plenty of guest rooms if you wanna come along. After tonight, I think we both could use it.”
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. June 25th 2020, 7:08 am

Yang let out a chuckle in response to Melody’s question of being tired. It never really crossed Yang’s mind, but she totally forgot what it was even like to get tired, or if there ever was a time where she had. To be totally honest with herself, she could go through the same events over and over again and would still have tons of energy to burn. When she thought about it like that it felt wrong. Instead she rubbed the back of her head and feigned exhaustion. “I feel utterly spent. I could take a good long nap after this.” Before she could respond to the second question Melody asked, agent Li interrupted.

“As happy of an ending as this might be fore the two of you, theres still work that needs to be done. And now we’ll have to wait a while longer before we can properly bring these guys down. They’ll definitely be on edge after the stunt you two pulled.”

“Take it easy there captain. They did get you out of there alive. And you got at least some evidence in the process.” Li would roll her eyes at the taller man who spoke up. “And if you haven’t forgotten already, those two have that evidence.”

Yang’s gaze would turn to the agent. She certain was uptight, but her teammates seemed rather nice. Perhaps it was the pressure of the assignment that made the agent overly aggressive. Besides, her companions seemed to respect her quite a bit. “Alright, alright. Let me be the bigger person here. I apologize for jeopardizing your mission. Me and my friend here were checking out the local rumors surrounding the camp and got attacked by those big freaks. I’ll admit our curiosity got the better of us. But how were we supposed to know there was an entire underground facility here?”

Agent Li would let out a sigh while rubbing her temples. Keeping up her charade was getting old, but her and her squad were almost home free. She only needed to keep this up a little longer. “No, I should be the one apologizing. I’ve been very antagonistic this entire time. The situation changed and as an agent I should be ready whenever a mission changes at the drop of a hat. Still. I already called for extraction and would appreciate it if you’d hand over the vial I gave you. I still needed it to prove the mission wasn’t a total failure. If you arent comfortable with me handling it, then you’re more than happy to accompany us all the way back to Langley.”

Yang would turn to Melody, it was her call, she still had the vial after all. “The call is yours to make! Im just ready to be done with all this. Im tired and filthy. I need a nice hot shower and a change of clothes.” She’d say looking down at her jacket. A small wave of sadness hit her as she looked at all the bloodstains it had. “This was my favorite jacket to. I’ll just have to have another one made.” she said with a small sniffle. The nice silence of the morning was subtly broken by the sound of an approaching helicopter. “Whatever your decision is, make it soon. Sounds like their ride is nearly here. As for your other offer, I might take you up on it. Few things I need to do first though”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 July 15th 2020, 10:26 pm

There was a lingering distrust in the air. Melody didn't like the idea of passing over the drug or whatever was in the vial back to Agent Li and her face did not betray that feeling. She didn't much trust the apology either, but an apology was an apology and there wasn't much she could do about it right now. She knew there parts of the government that weren't fond of heroes, let alone heroes with strange mutations or heroes who could punch holes through steel. It'd be best not to cause issues with the government, especially by holding onto some strange drug that could create monsters. It'd be a media disaster. Her fame and support would take a hit and surely the government would send some of its dogs after her.

The thought of that held less appeal to her.

Letting out a faint grumble she reached into her side pouch and pulled out the vial, dropping it into Li's open palm and giving her a small, dismissive wave, urging the agents to get out of here. She was done with tonight, she had been a hero and now she could feel the soreness of her body set in. She was thankful that wasn't the one who had to take down the nuke, otherwise she might've passed out. Though, before completely leaving the agents, she looked over her shoulder at them, "Hey, if I hear anything about government monsters I'm coming after all of you." And she gave a thumbs up, along with a cocky smile. A half-joke that she hoped would land well.

After the moment past she looked towards Yang, giving her a nod. "Yeah, sure. Whatever ya gotta do, bud." She reached back into her pouch and pulled out a small piece of paper and scribbled something down on it before passing it over to Yang. It was an address for a place further upstate along with the actual coordinates in case Yang didn't have a GPS or way to find addresses. She should at least have something to uncover the right coordinates, or rather, that's what Mel hoped. "Whenever you get a chance, I'll be there for a week or so. I'm a helluva cook and the lake is perfect for unwinding." She cast a glance over her shoulder, "Especially after an evening like this." She turned her attention back to Yang, "If ya got anymore work like this, though, come pick me up. I'm happy to team up again, working with you makes for a good workout. It's nice to break a sweat for a change." She joked again. "Catch you around, hero." She said, raising a fist to Yang, offering a departing fist bump.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down