The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:26 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_vote_lcapJean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_voting_barJean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_vote_lcapJean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_voting_barJean Robert Boisvenu [finished] I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Vorik
Cobalt
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] Empty Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished]

Post by Jean Robert Boisvenu April 29th 2019, 7:06 am

Jean Robert Boisvenu

"If God is unfair, why not level the game? "

The Bio

Villain Name: Rotten Apple
Title: none
Alignment: Neutral
Race: Meta human
Hair: black and short
Eyes:Green
Height: 5'8
Weight: 150 lb
Blood type: O+

The Looks

The Personality

And now it's time to speak about JB. Why JB? Because the B stands for Bob. Yeah nickname of a nickname what a waste of time and energy. It's funny  we're mentionning it because it will allow us to speak about one of our rotten apple main trait, his cynism. Now for some people cynism is a way of showing that you don't care. But not in this case. Here it is more of a way to protect himself against the world, over his damned freaking sensitivity. Because when life is unfair, when god hates you... well it hurts. So you have to find a way to cope with it, show that it cannot hurt you, because if you show any weakness, you will be eaten alive. But when you don't know when to leave your guard down, then people see you as an insensitive jerk. And little by little,, you believe them, until one day, you just cannot afford the energy to care. But this is only one aspect.

Carpe diem is the other one. When you don't care anymore and when life dealt you a crappy set of cards. You don't really expect to follow the best road, in fact you don't expect to follow any roads, it's more of a waiting for the right opportunity, act upon it, get rich, spend everything in parties, women and good stuff, rinse and repeat. Except that this sex, drugs and rock n' roll kind of lifestyle is not really what he is striving for. So when he is not litterally drowning under such a hedonistic kind of life, he simply feels empty. But what else could fill his life? Better parties, more spices, more pills, and for that, nothing beats cold hard cash.

Until one day, it's too much or clearly not enough and suddenly, something become clears. It's not the fun, it's just not the same. At this time he leaves everything and moves to another country, no way he wil remain bound to such an empty way of life. Except that... it's not because you live in Tahiti that you're gonna find hapiness, nor in Cancun, Nagoya, Helsinki, Toulouse etc...

Now where does he find all this money, let's just say that he happens to be in the right place ( your house), in the right time (any time really), and it's not really a lawful way of life. Due to his background and what happened to his father, he despises the law and his representatives. But he is more of a low profile kind of guy. That's why he created Rotten Apple, to move suspicion away from him.

The Story

Life is unfair, god is unfair. How true is this? Does destiny truly exist, or is each event a consequence of what was done earlier, not by us only but by each individual. However there is some things we cannot control. Where and when you are born, who are your parents. Depending of that, you might live with every wish granted before even thinking about it. Or you can be fight each day to get what you want not even sure that you will make it tomorrow. So how about a junkie mother dead by giving birth to you in Montréal and a thug, sorry a father who works differents "jobs" just so you still find something in your plate.

What's funny when living this kind of life, is how much family you can find around you. Not blood related mind you, but when daddy breaks a leg, someone has to take care of you. And what about the nights when you sleep alone because daddy is at work and might not come back. Then you grow up enough to play in the streets. You learn curse words, you sell products, smoke, matches, chewing gum, help peoples wallet to be free. You learn the tools of the trade. And you run away from cops and Child Protection Agency.

And then one day, you find yourself at school. Do the time and get the dime they say. Well you tried but with the smell, the noise at night, the frequent investigations on the old man and the need to move from one hideout to another, well try and study when your stuff is lost or stolen. Anyway, people will tell you that anything is possible if you really want it. Herein lies the crux of the matter, why so much effort when you can earn what you 'd make in a month in only a day. By non conventional means sure, but we are in a eat or be eaten world. How is it fair that it's always the same who get whatever they want. Of course Society and by Society, we mean school doesn't approve. Well no skin of your back, you are used to be judged by grown ups. But you can't say the same for your classmates. And they don't say it in front of you, but you can feel their whispers, you know you're the butt of theit jokes. Nothing makes sense anymore. And it hurts, gawd it hurts. But you won't give them this pleasure. You play it tough and make them fear to  rub you the wrong way. You earn the title bully, of your class and then of the school. You get a little bit of reputation. This will really serves you later.

Except that your old man, well what was he expecting really, apple don't fall far from the trees. He wanted you to become some upstanding citizen, but upstanding citizen didn't live exciting lives, they couldn't get a whole load of cash if they weren't lucky, they would never ever know the weight of a gun in their hand, even cops were corrupt. Soon your time would come, you just had to tough it up. What was the problem with him anyway, it was his fault you were like this.

So home was toxic and school was hell. At last there was still the street. Do the time, make the time, earn a reputation, show you would be a great asset to whomever would hire you. Oh let's be real, it will take years before you can prove yourself. life was clearly unfair. And there was this girl Samantha Hobson. God she had everything, first hand clothes, home  made lunch, both parents, she was living in a freaking mansion, she threw the best parties, with cakes you know, and she was driven by her mother or her father, each with their own car, she also happened to be the top of her class, god you would hate and her freaking condescending tone when speaking about it not being your fault for being born this way. God the need to cave her face in has never been so strong. But you don't hit girls and yadda, yadda. Some acts are just to harmful to your reputation. So it was one of these teddious day when you had it really rough, and suddenly the need to change  parents went sky high. How did you know how to effectively do the switch. It cannot be explained, one instant you hated this girl, the next one... she was your sister.

How can you explain it, you had it all, a big house, your own room, your own desk, a comfy bed, food made by the gods themselves, caring parents, a freaking mother that kissed you goodnight! There was only one setback, you were a girl... but truth being told, who would care with so many advantages? Except, well there was the old man, he would be worried sick if you were gone too long.
Turn out he didn't even know about your absence. Well it wasn't really his fault but you would learn it later. What you learnt, is that the home made lunch followed you home.

Well here was your chance, no more envying other, you could sleep in a bed, go skiing, surfing, travel to disneyworld, or just sometimes just chillax outta this toxic home. Just... why did you have to be a girl, and never the same one. At last the old man still had his wife, you know you not being born she could still survive. So yeah, you were kind of a monster for letting her die and die again. But he didn't remember any of this. Plus staying someone daughter too long was affecting your mind, your sense of self. Well no one was here to explain to you how dangerous it was to play with reality. And there were just so many benefits. That's why it happened...

It was in High School. Yeah High School do you believe it? Normally you would have dropped out during middle school. But suddenly your grades got waaaay better. They knew there was a catch. But they couldn't catch you. Let's just say that during the exam period, one little girl was very busy. Plus you made your old man proud of you. So there was this car you wanted to buy, you were of age after all. And your last trip made you the proud owner of a Ming vase. You would go to the pawn shop then the car would be yours. But it was quite late so you hid it under the couch that served as your bed.

3 in the morning police search, they are looking for drugs, weapons, nothing new, they won't find any. Dad is smarter than that. They didn't, they found the vase. He was sentenced 5 years for theft... how freaking ironic! Then you had to deal with Child Protection Agency, well it was funny when it lasted. Let's move to another country. Find tourists and zap. Bonjour la France!

There you took all the cash  you could carry, and took an hotel room. Later after some trips, you had quite an high amount so you rented a place and bought fake ids. When you come from  these, you know where to find them. However, your chaotic way of life, parties until you drop, rave and so on brought suspicion about you, the stranger without a cent to their name, spending like crazy. That's why you had to create the rotten apple. This thief that use the mall to tell you in a childish scribble. " I owe something precious to your eye. Rotten apple."

The Priority

1. Reaction
2. Agility
3. Endurance
4. Strength

The Powers

Reality Augmentation: JB has the ability to pull children from alternate realities and become them. He targets wealthy families and inserts himself as their would-be daughter at an innocent age of 7-9 years old. Those children are usually healthy, but sometimes ailments become them depending on circumstances regarding the family he targets. He is able to swap realities with this child, and in doing so, his own personification as Jean Robert Boisvenu is wiped from current reality; not a trace remains of his existence. He uses this power to keep his identity hidden, while also maintaining a luxurious lifestyle. Childhood was not very kind to him, and he intends on living a good one; one child at a time.

The Weaknesses

Weakness 1: If JB's power is revealed in anyway to someone, they will remember JB during the switch. However if their counterpart met the daughter, they will also remember her during and after the switch.

Weakness 2: Any person that can augment reality, or see into the future, can see JB's true form during the switch.

Weakness 3: While JB has great power to augment reality, he is merely just a human at best. While he is personifying as a child, he is limited to the strengths of that child becomes.

The Items

The Minions

The Fluff

JB speaks with a canadian accent.
Also more for a rp point of view, if a PC meet the daughter or JB, they will remember them.

This one is permission based, if a PC becomes a parent, they will remember the daughter and  forget JB except if they know of his power. However, once the switch is over they will remember the daughter.

Having a child can be life changing, it's possible that JB's target lived a completely different life and doesn't own what he was looking for.

The RP Sample

Bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom. Music everywhere and just you know thefeeling that everything is okay. This usually happens after the 5th or 7th scotch. Why do they name it scotch anyway, is it because it fixes you good, like some good duct tape. Why remember who you are supposed to be, why think that tomorrow morning you will wake up with the mother of all hangover. Anyway hold your liquor, don't make a mess on the dancefloor. Hah no kidding, you could certainly chug double the amount before feeling faint. The pills didn't help either. Come on! What's a good party without a little boost. Oh yeah! You could dance to this beat all night long. Not sure if it was the drum or your heart beating in your eardrum.

And look at the tasty morsel that just came here, she was looking for some fun. Innocent fun, probably not. If the way she was moving her body was any indication. Good, you were also looking for this kind of fun. Bom bom bom. Your two bodies were oscillating around each other while you were keeping eye contact. Sometimes the  eyes can say more than any sentences, which was good, because right now your tongue was like lead in your mouth. And slurring incoherently might have been a bit of a kill joy. But what she was telling you with those eyes. Weren't you hungry! She giggled and started getting closer. Her contact electrifying you. And it was going to be even hotter.

Well it should have been, instead smoke was filling the room and it brought tears in your eyes. There were voices all around you scream and shadows. And you, you could only cough and cry. You needed air ASAP. But then before you could even move, you felt something ram into you and screaming orders before handcuffing you. Then you were roughly pushed until you felt fresh air. It was almost a relief. The red and blue flashing light kind of gave away what your fate was gonna be. Fan freaking tastic.

Well you weren't really ready to pass the night in the slammer. Still there was no other choice but to follow these gentlemen in the car. You don't have to wait long before the engine ignite. Even if you are out there is still this drum. Now the car is going, you fell so light. Damned this was gonna be such a great party!

They are speaking without caring about you, wEll these vehicles were designed to not let people in the back leave them. Plus, bulletproof glass between the front and the rear. Well you didn't have a gun with you. Now it was just the right time.

ZAP

-Hey are you listening to me.

-Sorry daddy I feel a little tired.

-I can understand, Lisa's mother told me you girls had quite the party.

You nod a bit. The strange taste of booze was replaced by something more sugary and somehow the high you were feeling was replaced by drowsiness. You were sitting in the back and were feeling a weight on your head. By examining it, it was a plastic tiara but sooo sparkly. And you also were wearing the cutest pink dress with pretty sparkling glitters. Next to you a big fluffy toy bear. You lie on it.

-Daddy I wanna go hooome?

You can't restrain yourself from yawning and you try to be comfortable with this plushie.

-Sleep honey! I'll wake you up when we're there.

-Well gordon, luckily we won't have to stop this Rave party at Gilmore street.

-Well I did promise her mother that I would bring her home after the party. What's wrong with young people this day!

-Hope she will never end like them!

-Marisa! Heaven no! Look at her, we raised her well! No way she will end like them!

With a smile you finally left yourself drift away, lulled by the engine purring and the voices of the adult.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by Jean Robert Boisvenu on April 30th 2019, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jean Robert Boisvenu
Jean Robert Boisvenu

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2019-04-29

Back to top Go down

Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] Empty Re: Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished]

Post by Chellizard April 30th 2019, 1:54 pm

JB wrote:Time to speak about the power:

This power is a Reality manipulation one. But the reality can be altered only one way. JB can alter the reality so he always was his target daughter.

It's a reality change so during the time he is someone else's daughter, Jean Robert Boisvenu doesn't exist anywhere. Not on paper, not on camera, not in memory, he never existed. Some exception may occur, they will be explained in weakness.

The daughter is a preteen most of the time in the single digit number, her appearance and personnality vary according to the "parent" genetics and raising. This point will be explained in weakness.

To activate the power, JB fire a beam of light to a target, if someone else is touched by it, they will become the new parents.

The daughter can become JB anytime she wants but if there is no possible way for JB to be in the same place at the same time, for everyone JB will just disappear to find himself at the same location without explanation.

Here comes the Rotten Apple part, the daughter can go back to JB and carry whatever she is holding. If she does want to carry it. It's counterpart will just disappear in JB reality.

As discussed on discord, this is how I see the power:

Chelle wrote:Your character is a 23 year old man that happens to have a form of reality manipulation, however it is limited to becoming fake children to wealthy/well-off families that he would like to steal from.

Those families are targeted by JB and then he inserts himself as their alternate reality child, and in this case, their would be daughter. His power augments the reality of the family while also augmenting his own. The family now has a daughter that they've loved, cared for, and etc for 9 years of their lives. JB is now nonexistent. He never existed, but this child does.

JB is now this child. Nothing about this child matters, other than they are the child of a wealthy family. The child steals items for JB, and then reality is warped and JB is now back to normal with a bunch of stuff, and the parents have no recollection of ever having a daughter

As such, I would like the power to be written in a better form. As it is now, it is very confusing and you're tacking on too many details that add no sound to the power.

Reality Augmentation: JB has the ability to pull children from alternate realities and become them. He targets wealthy families and inserts himself as their would-be daughter at an innocent age of 7-9 years old. Those children are usually healthy, but sometimes ailments become them depending on circumstances regarding the family he targets. He is able to swap realities with this child, and in doing so, his own personification as Jean Robert Boisvenu is wiped from current reality; not a trace remains of his existence. He uses this power to keep his identity hidden, while also maintaining a luxurious lifestyle. Childhood was not very kind to him, and he intends on living a good one; one child at a time.

JB wrote:Playing with reality cannot be without consequences. And as such there are rules even if they do not appear as such. These rules allow a better understanding to this power weakness.

First, JB and the daughter have to be in exactly the same place and exactly the same time during the switch. What it means is that whatever the reason, the daughter will have a history bringing her at this location by legal or illegal means.

Each individual can be summed by heredity, experience and karma. During a switch between JB and the daughter, only karma remain the same.

Butterfly effect, one event as insignificant as it seems can create massive consequences.

Destiny nodes: Some events are doomed to happen, they are logical consequences of multiple combinations of choices.

-Weakness 1: The daughter is a preteen with no special ability what so ever. All 4 characteristics dramatically decrease.

-Weakness 2: The daughter can be disabled, mentally impaired, a war victim, whatever can happen. She can't be dead nor on the verge of dying however.

-Weakness 3: By being born, the daughter create a chain of event, the target life can be radically altered.

Weakness 4: Whatever the daughter receives as damage during the switch will be carried to JB.

Weakness 5: The daughter doesn't remember her life as the daughter, however she still possess the reflexes, personnality, language, speech, tastes, and habits of her life.

Weakness 6: The daughter is a child and can be more sensitive than JB.

Weakness 7: If JB power is revealed in anyway to someone, they will remember JB during the switch. However if their counterpart met the daughter, they will also remember her during and after the switch.

Weakness 8: Any alterationist can see JB true form during the switch, except if not being able to see reality alteration is one of their Weakness.

On to weaknesses:

No butterfly affects. Unless it is only directly harming or altering JB's futures or events. The SHRP universe would crumble if we allowed butterfly affects.

For weaknesses I would consider only these:

Chelle wrote:Weakness 1: If JB's power is revealed in anyway to someone, they will remember JB during the switch. However if their counterpart met the daughter, they will also remember her during and after the switch.

Weakness 2: Any person that can augment reality, or see into the future, can see JB's true form during the switch.

Weakness 3: While JB has great power to augment reality, he is merely just a human at best. While he is personifying as a child, he is limited to the strengths of that child becomes.

This should make your app more digestible.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jean Robert Boisvenu April 30th 2019, 2:17 pm

Thank you for your review.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, now the app is edited.
Jean Robert Boisvenu
Jean Robert Boisvenu

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2019-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 30th 2019, 3:02 pm

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Jean Robert Boisvenu [finished] JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top