The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jessica Albert
The Owl Man I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Fusion Frenzy
The Owl Man I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
The Owl Man I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
The Owl Man I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
The Owl Man I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
The Owl Man I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
The Owl Man I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
The Owl Man I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
The Owl Man I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
The Owl Man I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
The Owl Man I_vote_lcapThe Owl Man I_voting_barThe Owl Man I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Vorik
Cobalt
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Owl Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Owl Man Empty The Owl Man

Post by Puglife43vr June 4th 2018, 10:45 am

The Owl Man

"I am the predator that hunts in the night. I am the protector of the skies. I. Am. The Owl Man."

The Bio

Hero Name: The Owl Man
Title: Bird Brain, Birdman, the Feathered Guy, The Flying One
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Black
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 210 lbs

The Looks

The Owl Man wears armored plates over a black slash Resistant bodysuit, to protect him from medium-sized rounds. The plates also have a circular O logo for Owl Man. His helmet has feather-like armored scales on the rear section, pulling off into a cape. The sides have two distinct "ears", and the front side has a mouth opening and a pair of goggles over the wearer's eyes. His goggles have a built-in HUD, allowing the Owl Man to see his own vitals, have thermal vision, and use night vision. He has an Owl Belt with a large O on it and several pouches.
The Personality

After the death of his father, Jay became a cold, emotionless man. His opinion went from helping others to just stopping the criminals. He beats the living hell out of criminals with his gear. His rage gets so high at times, that he hangs gang members. Owl Man is insane. He can and will pick up a goon's gun and unload. (He doesn't carry his own though.) He murders left and right without giving a crap, showing his morals. He stops criminals by putting an end to their lives. He might have a low Public Opinion, however, Jay just wants to get the job done. He could be described as Independent, dutiful, and capable. He spends most of his time working in the Owl Nest away from the paparazzi. He hates having to work with others, and people with insane powers. This could be seen as jealousy. He also brands the villains he captures with an O.
The Story

Jay Osprey grew up a spoiled rich kid. His father was a famous rapper named Raymond Osprey that was also secretly a part of a gang. His father supplied the gang with money to purchase weapons and vehicles for their nefarious operations. A rival gang also held part of the city. There were gang wars every other night, and the city was riddled with crime. When the rapper’s rival found out that Jay’s father had supplied the gang, he exposed Raymond to the whole city. It was only a matter of time before the rival gang found out.

Raymond took Jay out to watch football games, movies, go to the carnival, and other things rich dads do. His mother had left to do her fashion career in Europe. So on the days when Raymond was out recording or at a concert, he would be given a set of bodyguards and kept in the penthouse. Raymond thought his son was safe. At a concert, a group of armed gunmen rushed the stage, killing Raymond while Jay watched from a TV screen. Jay was in disbelief. Well, that was until he heard a helicopter outside.

His bodyguards saw the aerial vehicle’s side door open…. The rival gang opened fire on the penthouse, taking out two of the 6 bodyguards. The other guards returned fire and threw Jay behind cover. Suddenly the door to the penthouse opened. A group of men in tactical gear entered and shot down more bodyguards. Jay was in a fetal position rocking away the bad thoughts. He crawled away to a shelf. He accidentally bumped into it, dropping an owl statuette on the ground. When the statuette cracked open, a button was inside. Not knowing what to do, Jay pressed the button.

The shelf lifted up, revealing a secret pathway! Jay climbed into it and escaped the combat. The shelf lowered back down, and he couldn't hear anything. The room’s lights turned on as he entered from the pathway. It was a secret soundproof studio. (This was what would soon become the Owl Nest.) The young boy ran into the next room and to an elevator. He rode the elevator down to a secret area. There was a blacked out SUV waiting for him at the exit. Jay's backup bodyguards were seen in the vehicle. He leaped into it and was driven away to a safe house.

That was just the beginning. After the terrifying experience, something changed inside Jay. He spent his teen years studying alone and away from everybody in the soundproof studio. He hired several different personal trainers to teach him martial arts and improve his overall health. He was beginning to be shaped into someone else. Something else… He wanted to test his new skills out. And wanted revenge against the rival gang. At the same time, he didn't want to get gunned down in an alley. He put on a trench coat and hat, low over his eyes, and went out to see a contact.

Using his wealth, he purchased a kevlar vest and some tear gas. He also found a helicopter online that would be useful. He geared up, strapping on his vest and fastening his helmet. He got a construction worker’s utility belt and kept lock picks and tear gas in it. He read “Helicopters for Dummies” and took off into the night sky.

He reached a major gang house, landing about a mile away just to be safe. He snuck around in the night, his will for revenge blinding him. Out of nowhere, he was shot in the back, by someone with a pistol. If not for the vest, he would be dead. He did a tactical disarm on the gunman and knocked him out cold. The gang house was on alert and sent out patrols to find him. He used a blowgun on two guards, managing to take them down. More guards poured out, knowing his position because of security cameras. They were ripping up his cover, forcing him to change positions. He was taking on a whole army and didn't even have a pistol! He threw a flashbang overhead, at the group, stunning them. He ran forward, sending a flurry of kicks and chops into their bodies, somehow fast enough to take down most of them. One more was left, right behind him. They fired their pistol right into the back of his right knee, causing him to fall to his knee. He looked up at the gunman who aimed the pistol at his head. When they fired, their gun had jammed. Jay took this opportunity to pull out a knife and jab it right into his midsection. He moved on and left him to bleed out with the rest of the unconscious guards.

Now came the boss battle. A gang officer was standing on top of a railing inside the mansion, holding an automatic shotgun. He aimed it at Jay whose eyes were wide at the sight of the weapon. He managed to grab a metal dinner platter and use it to take a powerful shotgun hit. The platter was shattered from the force of the shotgun, but it had saved his head. He grabbed a stack of plates and started throwing them like frisbees. Each time they impacted the gangster’s head, he was stunned and knocked back. Jay ran up and leaped from the ground up to the railing, pulling himself over to confront the boss. The boss fired the shotgun wildly until ammunition ran out. Jay had used a table as cover. The boss started running when he had used the whole shotgun drum. Jay flung himself into a tackle, bringing down the gangster. Jay started pummelling him with a barrage of fists. With one hand, he lifted the boss into the air by the throat, squeezing. He then threw the boss over the railing, letting him fall down to the massive dinner table, down for the count. Jay took the money from the gang house and carted it to the helicopter. He used the boss’s phone to call the police to the location.

This was only the beginning. As more powerful heroes and villains began to rise, Jay became more and more engrossed in stopping them. He shut out the whole world and worked in the studio, remodeling it to fit his new persona. He was becoming someone else. He was becoming something else. He had become….. THE OWL MAN!!!!!

The Priority

1. Agility
2. Strength
3. Reaction
4. Endurance

The Powers

1. Has enhanced hearing that he can turn on and off at will. His hearing has a range of about 10 meters in the open air and 5 meters through walls.
2. Silent gliding with his tech-based wings. His wings can carry him at speeds of 25-30 miles per hour.
3. Enhanced Strength because of substances. He can deliver a  punch with a force that can break a 1 and a half inch slab of concrete.  
4. A high intelligence- 135 IQ
The Weaknesses

1. When his advanced hearing is on, he can be overloaded with sounds. Also, sharp noises can mess with his hearing.
2.  Tech items can be EMP'd
3. Any round that's above .45 ACP can pierce his light armor
4. He needs to put on his rebreather to breathe underwater
5. The Owl Suit is not frost resistant and if frozen, will become more brittle and easier to damage.
6. Stabs will be stopped, however, they will hurt like hell and give bruises
7. Blunt force can knock him out, despite the fancy gear
8. His suit does not have insulation, making electric attacks have a powerful effect on him
9. He can be knocked out if he gets gassed before he uses his rebreather

The Items

Rebreather (Allows breathing underwater- depth of up to 30 meters. It can also filter gasses like a gas mask.)
Shock gauntlets (Can be EMP'd) (The gauntlets can deliver a stunning shock, and combined with the force of his punch, can absolutely demolish a low-level thug.
Advanced perception goggles (Night Vision, Thermal vision, vital scans of himself and others) (Can be EMP'd)
Circular Owl-Chakrams (Boomerang like and can be remotely controlled) (The Owl-Chakrams can pierce half an inch of steel.)
The Owl-Computer (At the Owl Nest) (Able to process chemicals, decipher codes, code, listen to commands, and has facial recognition software.)
A trusty grappling gun (Can hold 350 lbs and the line it shoots is 30 meters long.)
A branding device (Permanently imprints his logo on someone)
The Owl Suit which has several built-in functions (Exosuit like properties that allow him to deal more damage with his fists and take more damage from enemies. It can also be EMP'd and he loses his advanced functions. The suit is fire resistant to temperatures up to 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit! It's based on an advanced firefighting suit that was developed by some MIT students. His armor is resistant up to .45 ACP rounds. The Owl Symbol is the most bullet-resistant part of the suit. It can take 5.56mm rounds.)
The Owl Belt (Has several pouches that hold many grenades, lock picks, tools, and secrets)

The Minions

None
The Fluff

He’s a man that uses his father’s wealth to supply his night activities. He lives in Chicago in a large penthouse. This is also where the Nest is located. He often takes "Business trips" to New York to check in on the crime there.
The RP Sample

The Owl Man was in the dimly lit "Nest" preparing to go out on the streets. He stood in an all-black bodysuit, under the light of his father's remodeled studio. The Nest had gone from a recording studio to a base of operations for the Owl Man, with computers and weapon racks covering most of the two rooms. He began to gear up, sliding on his armored chest piece. Jay straps on the leg sections of his armor, and slides on his gauntlets. He swings the cape around, attaching it to his neck piece. He grabs his utility belt, attaching it at the middle, the O shaped Owl logo rolling into place. He would begin to pick up the helmet, before catching a glimpse of himself in the glass window between rooms. He looked at the fancy getup. He questioned himself. What was he doing with his life? I could be out clubbing with some babes. I could be funding college students' projects at MIT. Instead, I'm just dressing up in some Halloween costume and beating people to death. And for what? I'm not changing anything. Why? Jay then remembered why. Out loud, he stated, "I do this for my father. For revenge against those who killed him." He would put the helmet on, fastening it to his neck piece. He slid down the goggles over his eyes, and took on his persona as [b]THE OWL MAN![b]

Atop a roof, the Owl Man would look for his prey. He rolls a small dial on the side of his goggles, turning on night vision mode. He scans over the city from the Willis Tower. He sees a group of people with bats and firearms moving on a couple on the street. The leading member of the group slams the man in the head with a baseball bat, knocking him over. They grab the woman and drag her into the alley, as she screams. The gang members start stomping on the man as he cries out in pain. "Please, stop! I'll give you whatever you want!" One of them pulls out a revolver. The Owl Man would open his wings, leaping off the spire. He glides down to the alley from the tower. The gang member raises the gun. From the sky, an Owl chakram would slice into the gang member's wrist causing the gun to fall and the gang member to fall to his knees, clutching his arm. The Owl Man would turn his body 180 degrees, kicking gang member two in the chest, sending him flying into a wall. Gang member three would pull out a switchblade, stabbing it at Owl Man's head. The Owl Man would dodge, grabbing the arm. He would deliver a heel strike to the elbow of the man, snapping his arm. He grabs him by the back of the collar and slams his head into the brick wall. From behind, gang member one would've gotten up and shot Owl Man in the back of the helmet, stunning him. Gang member four comes in and punches him in the unprotected part of his mask, knocking Owl Man over. The gang members that had the woman came back, starting to kick the Owl Man while he's down. His vision is going black... Jay is wincing in pain as he's being relentlessly beaten. At one point, a gang member takes out a crowbar. They hit The Owl Man's helmet, ripping up part of his face mask. The gang members smirk and chuckle as they kill the Owl Man. The Owl Man, however, has a plan. He activates a mechanism on his belt sending a shock through his entire suit of armor. It sends electricity shooting up the crowbar, right into the thug's body. The Thug falls over from the stun. The Owl Man sends a powerful backward kick into another gang member's crotch, causing him to fall over. He would throw a flashbang into the air, blinding the other gang members temporarily. He leaps back up, everything hurting. He punches gang member 5 in the throat, shoulder, and then gut, lifting their body and throwing it at gang member one. He takes gang member 5's crowbar and doesn't hold back in beating the first gang member to death. The 6th gang member tries to tackle him from behind, but the Owl Man would simply sidestep, grabbing him by the throat. He fires his grappling hook, connecting it to the side of the building. He flies up, still holding the gang member. He tosses the gang member off the 3 story building, onto a dumpster, breaking his back. He looks down at the scene, the woman having crawled back into the man's arms. He throws down a device, alerting the police to the scene, where they'd find a group of gang members with either severe brain damage or being dead entirely. The Owl Man fires his grapple back to another building, to have more brutal adventures.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by Puglife43vr on June 4th 2018, 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "What would you do... For a Klondike bar?"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2018-06-03

Back to top Go down

The Owl Man Empty Re: The Owl Man

Post by Chellizard June 4th 2018, 6:44 pm

Your RP sample looks more like a snippet from a profile. Can you provide a snippet from a post rather than a backstory?

Otherwise everything seems to check out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
The Owl Man JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr June 4th 2018, 7:30 pm

I edited it. It's not my A material, but it's just a snippet of what's possible with Owl Man.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Owl Man HRN5OeL
Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "What would you do... For a Klondike bar?"

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2018-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 4th 2018, 8:22 pm

Approved and moved. Welcome to SHRP.

-My DeviantArt-
The Owl Man JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 25th 2019, 6:43 pm

retired.

-My DeviantArt-
The Owl Man JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum