The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Willy the Whale
It's raining somewhere  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
It's raining somewhere  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
It's raining somewhere  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:08 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Jessica Albert
It's raining somewhere  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
It's raining somewhere  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
It's raining somewhere  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
It's raining somewhere  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
It's raining somewhere  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
It's raining somewhere  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
It's raining somewhere  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

It's raining somewhere

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's raining somewhere  - Page 2 Empty Re: It's raining somewhere

Post by Hyperion December 21st 2017, 2:34 am

Mike liked chai, that much was certain but he didn’t come here for a warm cup of tea. Despite how much he enjoyed the stuff. ”Archons and eldritch entities? Now that is  odd...and I thought my reason was odd” She contemplated something, sipping her chai and hmming considerately.  ”I’m sorry, I don’t know what or who this Archon is.” She said finally with a small sigh

”What do you mean you don’t know? Not even an inkling?” Michael questioned, sounding a little annoyed.

”Not anything an eldritch entity would fear, it’s usually the other way around. Granted...my travels have not been too extensive and my experience with eldritch entities does not go too far beyond the one who calls herself The Good Sister.” She hummed, setting her cup aside before turning towards the wall. ”You know, it is a little rude to draw on a persons wall don’t you?” Whatever he was doing, well she did not know.

Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus December 29th 2017, 3:07 pm

Silus had continued to finish his little drawing before stepping aside and revealing a large black almond like split. The ridges of it seemed to warp and convex the area surrounding the drawing, a true masterful work on the perceptions and warping's that was beheld in the eye. Silus smiled as his replication faded from the state of being, and Silus began to place his hand on the drawing.

"So, I'm gonna tear reality." he explained, almost as if it were something rather easy to accomplish. He cleared his throat and then looked to "The Weaver" and explained his thought process. "If you can mend reality then there's no real danger. But if what Samhain said is true...this thing obviously must not like when this happens...so it may prompt him to do something about it." He explained. As far as a child's thought process, it was a decent idea. It just had so many things that weren't considered or looked into. It was the classic case of the kid wanting to help, but having a high probability of making things worse.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
It's raining somewhere  - Page 2 Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion December 29th 2017, 3:55 pm

”You’re screwing with us..right?” Mike questioned, narrowing his eyes on Silus as he casually mentioned tearing reality. That wasn’t exactly a simple thing to do, let alone something that was meant to be chatted about casually. What consequences could come about was unknown, but he did not want to find out. Yet here Silus was, saying he would do so. ”Do you...have any idea how many things could go wrong doing that if you could do it.” If Silus could, well he felt he had to stop it from happening. The potential of everything collapsing in upon itself was not a chance worth taking.

”It could possibly destabilize the fabric of your world.” She noted, but shrugged. ”Besides, he already did it so all I can do now is fix it.” She sighed, standing from her seat and setting aside the still steaming cup. Cracking her fingers in the manner a performer would before playing their instrument. ”Watch closely. I rarely get to have people watching me in work...not in a long time anyhow.” Energy coalesced around her fingertips, starting dull but elongating into sharp points. Light fading to reveal what looked to be needles formed around her fingertips.

Dipping her hand forward she seemed to pierce into something despite there only being air, then pulling back as glittering thread materialized from that nothingness. ”Luckily this isn’t a massive rift.” Drawing this glittering thread over the rift she began what could only be described as high speed stitching, each movement eventually closing up the rift. Followed by it fading into nothingness.

”This is not was I was hoping to deal with.” Michael sighed and leaned against his seat, resting the palm of his hand against his face.

”Anything else you need from me to prove?” She asked with a sigh, settling into her seat and sipping at the warm tea once again.[/color]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity December 29th 2017, 7:38 pm

"Mike, I know exactly what I'm doing, okay? A little trust goes a long way." Silus said, the fact he trusted Michael to get in the car with him was a testiment to that. Mike was actually tolerable, and not as much a s a depraved hedonistic sadist as Silus had originally contrived. Granted, most fo that was the brain's inherent coping skills for a betrayed and wounded child. Without a second for anyone else to interject, Silus manifested his drawing, allowing a rip in reality itself to appear.

Silius gave a little sigh as the woman closed the rift. He didn't actually care about the fact she could do these things, but he coulnd't help but feel a bit lied to, betrayed even at the concept of there being other people who did what he did so easily. Of course he didn't factor into account the prospects of potential power, but rather sheer circumstance and conceptual acknowledgement. The woman literally weaved the proverbial fabrics of reality back together, leaving Silus and Michael to watch in either awe or malcontempt as they pleased. Silus attempted to show nothing of shock, but he knew that because this woman could live up to what she had said...he was busted. He had specifically made the tear a linear one, much like an incision, a tear very controlled and very easily repaired with little concern. Once the woman finished she returned to her tea, Silus smiled and nodded, satisfied with what he had seen.

"See? She had everything under control..." Silus said, though he found himself sitting down on the floor, legs crossed. His heart was pounding as he began to worry about the potential intelligence of this woman, then he began to worry if he perhaps put too much at risk, if he jeapordized his father's enigmatic identity. "So...nothing. Well it's good to have a defender of realities around, at any rate! Just need to find the correct one...unless; wait a minute. What if you don't know the name "Archon" because that's the name people call you? " Silus said, wondering how he could potentially salvage the situation. He was charged with one job and one job only, and he needed to make sure he did that job right! He looked to the woman, then looked to Michael as if searching for clarity.

Spoiler:

It's raining somewhere  - Page 2 Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion December 29th 2017, 8:26 pm

A little trust goes a long way but he didn’t have much of the stuff to go around. Still, he let the thing before him proceed and just hoped that nothing wrong came of it. Despite his incursions with The Abyss, these portals to other worlds were usually contained and closed up quicker than those who made them would have liked. As it was stitched up, his eyes would focus on this Weaver person who looked nonplussed over having her home breached like that. ”I do what I can but i’m not infallible. Unfortunately i’m limited by my singular nature, so I can only help what’s in my reach.” A few sips from the porcelain cup, looking to the two siblings no within her home as Silus suggested she might be this Archon person.

”You think she might be this Archon person?” Michael questioned, considering the red head with a dire expression.

”That would be possible. I’ve never been called by such title before but maybe it’s something i’m called behind my back or...” Falling into deep thought she hummed, working over the things suggested. Michael  thrummed his finger on his seat in an impatient fashion. ”However I do not believe i’ve met any Samhain before. Is there something you can tell me about this person?”

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus January 17th 2018, 3:40 pm

Silus couldn't help but muse over the fact that Archon's identity wasn't supposed to be public knowledge. However Silus knew that Michael wouldn't surrender until he found this Archon, and figured out the cryptic message behind Samhain's words. Silus had to ponder what kind of offer Samhain must have made with Michael, as dealing and brokering seemed to be quite in character with the lovable Eldritch being. Well, lovable for Silus. The being was always benevolent to him, though eh seemed a malignant cancer to all others. Silus couldn't help but feel...safe around him. There was a sense of understanding, familiarity. He couldn't quite place it, but all he knew was that this Samhain person wasn't all bad. Was he?

Suddenly he almost felt as if the area around him was encompassed by a small peripheral darkness. there was an unexpected emphasis as he almost felt detached from himself for a moment. He felt as if he had realized something, come to some form of epiphany or revelation but then it suddenly slipped through his fingers. He wasn't in his right mind. HE hadn't been since that night...

"Plant favor with a view to righteousness, Reap in accordance with kindness." Silus said as he looked down into his hand, realizing that from the tear he had made, somehow there was now a book in his hand and he had opened it to a page in some strange runic text, something beyond what he knew to read or comprehend. His vision went blurry and he closed his eyes as he let out a long sigh. Hi breathing went irregular and he was consumed by a heavy fatigue."If we want to find this "Archon", we need to do something...plant favor...?" Silus asked as he looked to Michael and the woman, holding up the book that hadn't existed within the fabrics of reality just moments ago. This book was mysterious indeed, and the heavily exhausted and out of breath child holding it was equally as surprised, unknowing of what had just befallen him. He extended his hand tot he woman, as if wondering if she would like to look and see if she could perhaps read more on whatever it's contents were.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion January 17th 2018, 4:10 pm

Michael himself knew very little about Samhain but from what he knew he did not like him. There was also the fact he was Yancey but something told him that was information Silus was not exactly privy to as of now. Maybe their dad was shielding him, which would have much some sense. There was always this feeling that someone was trying to shelter the kid. Weaver seemed to freeze suddenly, before furrowing her brows as if confused and then shrugged.  That was when Silus said something, along the lines of a riddle that might come with trying to find an ancient treasure or secret.

”Plant favor? That sounds a little weird if you ask me, but then again this whole thing is weird.” He began to muse, wondering what exactly that warning could mean for them. That was of course when Silus suddenly had an unknown book, in a place it was not before and he couldn’t help wondering what the hell was going on. Was Yancey messing with them or was it this Archon person just beyond their ability to perceive? There were so many possibilities and yet he could not tell what they were.

The woman would accept the book extended towards her and look over it. ”Plant favor, now that is an odd thing. What or who would need to favor for, and how would we plant it? More questions than answers, but I suppose this is a start.” She began to read through the book or rather flip through the pages with the hope that something would stick out. ”Perhaps this book may hold some answers to that question.”

”Only one way to find out.” Michael noted, having already stood up and crossed the room to read over her shoulder as if that would help them somehow.

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus July 7th 2019, 5:26 am

Michael was reading the book. Hopefully it would hold some answers. In the meantime, Silus had an idea. He looked over to Michael, instantly an unpleasent memory took to his mind and his heart stopped. He could feel his breathing stop, his hand twitching as a small spark arched between his finger tips. It was an unusual feeling. But one he had allowed to lay dormant for a long time. He heard the words in the back of his head. The warning of someone who knew all too well about these things. If you don't talkabout these things they WILL lay there, under the waters. They will swirl, and swirl until the currents become so strong and so frequent that they feel natural. They feel normal. Then all it takes is the right storm and these waters part, and suddenly those currents and these perfect conditions, the situation...makes for a perfect maelstrom. Destructive and poetic; as the very thing from which all life thrives, very quickly becomes the instrument in which all life shall end.

His heart swelled with shame as he reached into his pocket and took out his phone. He shot off a text before reaching into his hoodie and walking to sit next to Michael. He acted as if he were reading along, looking or scanning to make sure nothing was missed. He saw a few interesting paragraphs, but he secretly wondered the answer to where one sews favor. The only thing Silus could think of was the old and archaic biblical language that his daddy and Matty used. Was it religiously inclined?

"So...it might not be the best time. But I've sorta got to get this off my chest." He said with a small sigh. He wasn't going to stop Michael from reading the book. In fact that actually made things easier for him to talk. It was just like he rehearsed then. He nervously cleared his throat and locked his fingers together as he closed his eyes. "I've almost killed three people, I've pushed even more of them away and I JUST tore a hole in reality without any care in the world if that lady could fix it." He said, in his own way coming to terms with the fact that he just did that. Now the truth of the matter is, he could have stopped the tear at any moment. But that wasn't the problem. The problem is that his lack of care, the vanishing of his empathy was beginnig to alter him as a person. He looked to Michael and looked back at the book, shifting the subject.

"Any luck on finding anything?" He'd ask, sounding normal and chipper as ever, as if he didn't just admit to feeling like a soulless husk. Quietly he withdrew a phone in one hand , passing it off to a doppleganger of himself that seemed to appear from nowhere. The second Silai stepped away, still texting up a storm.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion July 7th 2019, 4:46 pm

Michael took note of Silus who decided to sit practically beside him. Typing something in his phone before turning to him and saying something. He looked away from the book, eyes focusing on the child until he got whatever it was off his chest. ”Alright, spill it then,” He stated waiting for whatever it was. He couldn’t guess exactly what it was but maybe it had something to do with the reason behind ripping a literal hole within reality.  That definitely had a root in something beyond just trying to be “lol random” as some kids were these days. Of course he didn’t fully turn his attention from the book, trying to compare the script against what was stored in his own head. Something that would make sense but not much aside from a few letters.

He did stop when the explanation was sort of thrown out all in one go without care for how it might have been said.  His expression didn’t change, just staring at a passage for a few seconds before allowing his eyes to focus on Silus with a single quirk of a brow. Almost killing people would have been seen as great change for him but what did that say for Silus? Way different if he knew anything about the golden child and peoples view of him. Was there something he could say to him? Of course there was but the right thing was a different story.

”No luck. Feels like i’m trying to read a mix of twenty different dead languages, ” He ignored the extra Silus walking away with his phone and rapidly texting away at it. There was something going on but he would leave that to whatever was happening.  ”She can do a little more reading.  So what’s up? Normally nearly killing people sounds like a me thing, and...well I don’t go ripping holes in any realities.,” he shrugged, turning attention from the book and allowing the red head to do the rest of the reading.

Obviously he’s snapping, The voice in his head offered.

”Anyway, sounds like something you want to talk about. Unless i’m reading this wrong, then...” He huffed, waiting to hear something from him while the sound of pages being flipped could be heard.

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus July 8th 2019, 7:06 am

"Want ti talk about it? No. But if I don't thats how people like me turn into people like Humanity! I had a nightmare. Stupid right? Someone in white fur came and showed me a small block of streets with hundreds dead. People I care about disappeared. All I could think about was how I can't stop it." Silus sounded like he was on the path of escalation, anger and ire on the rise, frustration and anguish. "Ever since this nightmare I hear a voice and I-I black out sometimes. By time I come too I'm basically just on the verge of killing someone. It's like this... THING from my dream is in my head. He let out a sigh as he leaned back and looked to Michael and shook his head, no smile. No glow in his normally innocent eyes. Just frustration and the subtle sign if despair.

"I can't even find Yancey. I PROMISED I would find him. At this rate finding a way to destroy Sin and ge t my soul back would have been faster than this. Of course, I'm here alone. Again. MB, Abra, Nerfram and-....Kedabra. Diana and now Yancey. They're all gone. Victor's with his grandparents and God forbid I go there. So nownMy best friend and only person I have right now is a dictator of a third world country whose primary directive seems to be sitting in an armchair with a wine glass and philosophically demolishing everyone. I get along with his son, he's cool but he ran away. So it's me and Red-Dead-Redemption. Oh hey! guess what! In my dream? Guess who dies. ALL OF THEM! Gimme that. Omnilinguism is something I'm good for. Lets read abooooout...." he began tapping his one foot on the ground, the growing irritation present in the unusual gravity in the area, faint indigo sparks bouncing around buildings nearby.

He took the book from Michael and began to flick around. It was full of ancient secrets and a lot of cool information. But not a bleeding thing to help him with anything on Archon. Why was he even looking for Archon!? He knew who Archon was! He started to look for anything documenting Yancey or Shooting-Star.

His eyes stopped on a passage. He smirked for a moment as he realized exactly how to make sense of all this. He leaned back and sighed as he eyed down this "weaver" for a moment, one eye with a darker hued glow than normal as he let out a little hum as he closed the book.

"I know how to get Ar-choooon." Silus said with a slight song to his voice as he smiled at Mike with a little nod, looking quite pleased about something.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion July 8th 2019, 4:50 pm

Mike would listen. If there was one thing he did it was listen. For weaknesses within someones voice and ways to undermine their very confidence, but this time he just listened. Absorbing each word that Silus spoke with a level of trepidation he didn’t expect until now, looking at the child normally glowing with innocence look at him with the same eyes that stared back in the mirror at times.  He couldn’t say he really understood the concept of having friends, though maybe having people leave was something he understood more thoroughly. When he thought about it, his only friend was Shael and that was...not exactly on the best track for many reasons he expected was his own fault.

But this wasn’t about him.

It was about Silus letting all those nagging problems off his chest and realizing he could have given him one bit of information. Yancey. Where he was and how it was likely tearing him apart without most of that even being said. Called it. Next thing you know he’ll be tearing your guts out with his little fingers,

The book was ripped from his hands and flipped through with eyes that he imagined could actually read the damn thing. Leaving him confused and likely not worth much in this situation.  Oh well, couldn’t do everything. Though he found himself wondering how one even obtains the ability to read all languages, because that sounded like a damn useful ability. He crossed his arms, brows furrowing and nodding along.

”Alright, let’s get on that then. Don’t want to keep Weaver from...knitting or whatever. ” He stood to his feet with a quick motion and motioned for Silus to follow along behind him. With that they were stepping down the stairwell outside and back into the car. Mike taking a deep breath and exhaling.  ”not changing the subject, just felt like it wasn’t exactly any of her business. Don’t go to her to vent anyway and...” A small shrug, eyes focused forward before turning back to his younger brother who was going through this. Maybe he could actually do something now.

Probably not.

”Probably rich coming from me...because well I guess that goes without saying.  I have an idea what it’s like, the killing. I’m sure you have no illusions about me. It starts off pretty easy, feels nice even. Hurting people that have probably hurt you or made you feel less. Then it gets easier. Before you know it you’re killing people who are essentially innocent and you don’t know how to stop. Eventually that’s the only thing you can do and you've probably destroyed yourself, ” He shrugged,  feeling the words just pour out without any real thought put into it.  He sighed again. ”doubt I have anything to say that would help but...i’m here. You’re not alone...not completely I guess. Take that where you want but it’s a thing,”

Was he trying to make Silus feel better? Maybe but that felt like some kind of pathetic attempt more than anything else. ”So, how we finding this Archon?”

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus July 10th 2019, 7:50 pm

Silus smirked a little as he eventually brought himself to stand up. He didn’t tell Mike where they were headed, but he certainly knew the way. He took Mike through the city, Silus himself walked on foot. He knew that this was a test or a trial, so he needed to think of it as a test or trial. He looked about at all the people, his heart shivering at the prospect that these people were so unaware that in a moment their lives could be over. He had the power to protect them. He WANTED to protect them, but he also knew that there was a weight that prevented him from moving forward. There was something that he needed to discover, or rather uncover that he threw under the tarp so long ago.

Michael would...try. That was more than Silus thought he would do. He thought he’d just ignore it. Part of him wished that he had. Though he had to confess that his current predicament left Mike in a no-win situation. Still…. The thought of having someone to talk to was more than enough to appease him and give him a sense of satisfaction. In a way it was Mike owning up to what he did, without ever lowering himself to the level of a genuine apology. Though he could see that more in Michael’s explanation of the path he walked, rather than the actual volunteering to talk with him.

“I’m just going to make Samhain tell us where he is...” Silus said with a small smile as he continued to walk down the street. He could feel Mike asking how they were going to do that before it even happened. Or perhaps it wouldn’t happen. He could never be too sure.  “How? That’s simple…” He said with a rather devious smirk, his inner trickster at play as he turned around and  held his arms out the building behind him a glorious yet gothic piece of architecture. “We’re gonna bring him to church.”

Silus seemed to disappear in an instant a small puff of black mist and an empty feeling occupying the area as he teleported to the inside, stepping through the void and an impossible speed.  He arrived on the interior of the church, picking up a bible and turning through the books. Despite his grand intellect he couldn’t remember the books in their regular order, flipping from one to the other, looking for a particular parable. He smirked at the book with a fond namesake.

“I’m gonna go get pumpkin seeds, and I’m going to get pumpkins and a lot more of the things we’ll need. It’s a binding ritual, you ever done one of those before?” Silus asked, genuinely curious as to his brother’s answer. He knew to most circles the Ethereals had been considered magical beings, though they were more akin to metahumans or an alien race.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion July 10th 2019, 9:35 pm

Michael had the inkling everything he had said didn’t help. Not really. Not as if he were trying to undo the many years of psychological scarring he had managed to create over the years he had been alive, because that felt impossible. No way his sibling would really forget what he had done and he didn’t blame him. Still he seemed to tolerate him in a way that no one else within their right mind might have done before.  A part of him wanted to say more. Maybe that part where Jordan came from, yet instead that little voice found itself squashed like a big. Instead his lips pressed together in an awkward line as he listened to Silus.

He had a plan to find this Archon, though he was dubious on how that was done. Instead he listened, only broaching on the precipice on asking how when he was cut off.  They were going to get Samhain to tell them. More specifically they were going to...invite him to church? Was Silus planning to fill him with the love of Jesus and make him ask that way? His expression said it all, though he said nothing actually. Eyeing the gothic designed building with what could best be described as incredulous curiosity.

Add in the very un-Silus disappearing act and he was left with more questions than answers.

He reappeared with a book, stating something about pumpkins and questioning his knowledge of binding circles. ”I know a good bit about bindings,” He stated with a nod, flipping through the mental notes for what he could use to bind Samhain. That was his assumption anyway. Yancey would be pretty mad about that but he was working with Silus. Maybe he wouldn’t be too angry if it involved his beloved indigo eyed child. Enough not to let the secret loose yet.  He had to wonder if the question was an attack at his own competence and with anyone else he would have pursued that line of questioning.

”i’m assuming you already know the ritual we need.  What can I do to help with that?” He questioned, arcing a brown and working through what could even bind an eldritch entity.

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus July 14th 2019, 12:21 am

Silus smiled and nodded in the comment about what they needed. Silus was all too aware of what was needed in a situation like this. Samhain was a name involving the conceptualization of the veil between life and death, an association it earned being the time of harvest in the gaelic cultures. He had heard Michael as to what he could do in order to assist with the summoning. He looked to Michael with a small smile, letting out a hum in contemplation before snapping his fingers.

”I need three greater wards of magic. We don’t want anyone detecting what we’re doing. Here no less. We also need to make sure that there’s children. Samhain loves kids. He’s more benevolent when there’s children around. It’s like an inherent nature thing I think. They’ll help out odds” He said, essentially giving Michael two objectives that would take up a good while for him to prepare and gather the rest of the materials. He knew that he’d need pumpkins, pumpkin seeds and many of the other traditional herbological ingredients to make the elixir to pour. The book had quite an explicit way to drag an Eldritch horror to you, even if it was kicking and screaming.

“Okay, so I need to go to Ireland. I’m going to go get the ingredients the book talked about. I’ve got my cellphone.” He announced before taking off in an instant, no longer anywhere to be found. He had quite the list of things to get, and he knew if he didn’t get them soon, he’d not have the heart to go through with tricking and trapping of the Eldritch horror whom had encouraged him and have been nothing but a friend.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion July 14th 2019, 1:23 am

Michael watched the  child leave with a heave. Wards and what he assumed meant kidnapping children? ”Well that explains his opinions on me,” He furrowed his brows, looking to the dark clouds gathering and sighing deeply.  He wondered if he was actually even needed here for the preparations but maybe that wasn’t a train of thought worth considering.

Do what you do best you monster, This time he didn’t argue with the voice.

This required walking back to his vehicle. Making sure everything was in place, cranking the thing on and driving out. The wards would be a little easy, though getting kids would be the tough part. That meant finding where kids were and making sure to grab them without having to deal with the parents. Not killing them was a big thing of the...what was he even doing? He didn’t proclaim to have be turning any leaves. He just felt bad because he got some kid killed and now he here he was.

The child wrangling took around an hour or so, followed by enough chalk and whatever to create the wards that he expected to need.  Finally parking back in the front of the church,  thinking over the wards and maybe even glamours he might need to scribble out.  The wards took a little longer because he had to make sure all the letters in dead languages were written properly, especially when he was trying to work a glamour into them. Anything to keep stupid humans from looking into things that were too dangerous.

Also humans were pretty annoying.

Eventually, the wards came up with the hum of magic through the air. It reacted with the runes that began to slowly progress from the faint patch that formed around his right shoulder and section of the neck.  Making sure his vehicle was parked beyond the veil of illusion, Mike pulled a few of the children from his trunk tied up with the thick rope and brought them through to the sanctuary and settled them on a few of the pews before settling himself on one of the front ones as well. He knew Silus would be there as well...eventually. For now, all he did was wait, expecting him to come from nowhere and they could do the summoning.

Hey. Not sure what's up but think there's something up with Silus. Been saying stuff about wanting to kill people and I think he wanted me to kidnap kids.

What should I do?

He sent the text to their father and wondered what would come with that. It was too late and he already had the kids, but here he was. What the hell was wrong with him?

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus July 16th 2019, 5:27 pm

Michael, we need to talk. Don’t do anything stupid until I get there. Was all that Zell had said. Of course the damage had already been done, but that was neither here nor there. It wasn’t a moment later that a hand placed itself on Michael’s shoulder, and Zell jerked back upon seeing Michael’s movements.

“I mastered teleportation technology when I was 14. Calm yo’ tits.” Zell said, being a lot more akin to an actual 18 year old than the father figure he was notable for exuding. Zell looked around and saw bound children in the pews, he nodded. He had expected that Michael Maaaybe had the thought to contact him after the fact, but he was just glad to see Michael thinking to contact...someone.

“Silus is being plagued with nightmares. But the thing is that they aren’t Nightmares. It’s the culmination of his life wearing on his mind, trying to reconcile his failure. It’s manifested as a voice in his head, one that I’ve dubbed “Devoid”. Because when Silus starts acting on it he almost has a different...tone. Devoid’s not evil by any means, but it’s certainly the more selfish part of Silus. That part drives him to do things, wearing him out until he blacks out and only lets him come to as he’s about to do things.” Zell began to explain this as he started to rub the heads of the children, one by one they fell asleep, slouching down on the pew. He got through a few of them before he looked around, seeing the wards in the area around them, piercing through the glamour for a moment as he looked to the ground with a subtle gulp.

“I’ve tried to tell Silus that the best thing to do is ignore the voice. DOn’t indulge it. Don’t give it power over you. But it just keeps nagging at the worst parts of him. Failing to stop Kaisis, failing to save Abra, failing to save Yancey. When not even the Archon could...and he’s reality itself.” Zell explained as he looked to Mike, noticing that look on his face, the one back behind the face itself. The weary soul that smouldered with embers of light. He snapped his fingers and every child had fallen into a deep sleep, save one that had been in the very front row that was behind Zell’s field of view. “Mike. You can’t let anyone else define who you are. Perhaps that’s my fault. I kept trying to make you a better man, because I saw the best man you can be. I never once thought to ask what was the man you wanted to be. I’ll love you regardless of who you are, what you do or where you go. If you ever need help, I’m here. There’s nothing I wouldn’t consider for my boys.”

He sighed and realized that no matter what he did here, he was utterly screwed. If he continued to talk on how Silus and Michael were both plagued by self-isolation and failure then he would be encroaching on ground he shouldn't have touched as much as he already had. He tried to pretend he was a father, but the truth was that these two grew up far too fast for him to ever truly be a father to either of them. Not even considering the fact that for the first part of their lives he wasn’t even in control of himself. He wanted to say so much in such a short amount of time, but that’s when he realized exactly what the problem was. He was just proliferating it, here and now. He came here intending to help Mike with whatever, but if he kept talking then he would just be trying to fix HIS problems, and not Michael’s. He smiled and nodded, remembering that as Archon this was his story to tell, but as a father it wasn’t his story to mold.

“Whatever you do. I support you, and I’m not going anywhere. But if you’re thinking about helping Silus. Do you really think SILUS would want you kidnap children? Would he truly ask you to do that? ”

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum