The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Urban Commandos
Doctor Love I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Doctor Love I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:08 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Jessica Albert
Doctor Love I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Doctor Love I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Doctor Love I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Doctor Love I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Doctor Love I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Doctor Love I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Doctor Love I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Doctor Love I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Doctor Love

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doctor Love Empty Doctor Love

Post by almighty_smiley May 25th 2017, 1:49 pm

Doctor Love

"And how does that make you feel?"

The Bio

Villain Name: Doctor Love
Title: Psychiatrist / "Shrink to the Stars"
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Race: Mixed
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Blood type: A+

The Looks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Personality

To others, Doctor Love has a calm, warm, almost fatherly affectation.  He's patient, listens more than he speaks, and is genuinely interested in the problems of his patients.  But beneath the veneer of gentleness, Doctor Love is a ruthless pragmatist looking for any way he can to use his patients to his advantage.  And while he never drops his gentlemanly facade, those in his employ know better than to invoke his wrath with incompetence and failure...
The Story

Leonard Lovelace grew up in County Cork, Ireland, and from his first steps he was a lucky lad.  Friends seemed to adore him, favors came easily, and those few he wound up disliking always seemed miserable.  For most of his young life, Leonard believed that he was the physical incarnation of the luck of the Irish.  It wasn't until he was accepted to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, USA, to further his medical aspirations that he began to discover and delve into the so-called "Meta-Gene".  His entire freshman year was devoted to its study, almost costing him his place at one of America's most prestigious medical schools.

It was during this time that Leonard discovered that he was more lucky than he knew.  He himself had the Meta-Gene, and while its effects weren't as blatant or as amazing as some of his compatriots, they were no less effective if applied properly.  Leonard found that he could psychically influence the neurotransmitters in the brain and various physiological processes in the body.  He could suddenly cause another person to feel everything from the highest happiness to the deepest despair; cause instant fatigue with a sudden burst of lactic acid or near-superhuman ability with a well-timed adrenaline spike. If he was willing to accept a diluted effect, Leonard could affect several people simultaneously.  Better still, sufficient concentration and effort could even go so far as to accelerate the body's healing process directly.

But while he continued to study to become a doctor, Leonard's ideas shifted further and further from the sacred Hippocratic Oath.  After lectures and tests, he would train his abilities in the nightclubs and back alleys of Baltimore.  One night he would convince that cute girl from Psychopharmacology to bed, knowing she'd think that she'd love to.  Another night he'd actively go looking for trouble, only for the gangbangers he ran into to lose heart for the would-be mugging and be found dead from self-inflicted gunshot wounds a few days later.  And with each outing, Leonard grew more and more fond of his power over others.  By the time he graduated, actual medicinal practice was the furthest thing from Leonard's mind.

Nowadays, Doctor Love works in Los Angeles as a professional shrink to the rich and famous, and uses his power not only to extort large sums of money, but to experiment with those desperate for a fix or a need to feel something; promising his victims an end to their suffering or a high like they've never known before in exchange for a small (often violent) favor.

But you can trust him.  He's a doctor.
The Priority

1. Reaction
2. Agility
3. Strength
4. Endurance

The Powers

- Emotional Manipulation: Doctor Love can psychically alter the body's neuro-chemistry to simulate almost every emotion mankind can experience in a target individual.  Decades of practice and his detailed knowledge of human psychology has allowed him to make his intrusions all the more believable and almost completely undetectable.

- Healing: His ability to alter the body's processes cranked up to eleven, Doctor Love can - with intense concentration and effort - directly cause the human body to heal all but the most grievous of wounds.  By his estimation, if he can't heal it, then the wound was fatal anyway.
The Weaknesses

- Frailty: Doctor Love is not a physically imposing individual, and is comparatively weak compared to many in the Meta-Gene field.

- Species-Specific: Doctor Love's prowess with his powers comes from years of research and his own brain's innate understanding of its workings.  Alien species can run on a whole host of different chemicals, mystical beings don't even share the same plane of existence, and cosmic beings fall somewhere in between; Doctor Love's abilities only affect human beings.

- Conscious Effort: For most applications of his ability, Doctor Love must be both conscious and aware of his target in order to sway their emotions.  He cannot effect people he doesn't know are there, nor can he - for obvious reasons - affect people while he's asleep.

- Recovery Time: Fostering more intense emotions on shorter time scales is considerably more taxing on Doctor Love; while he theoretically CAN cause an otherwise rational human being to go into a homicidal rage in the space of seconds, doing so will take Doctor Love out of commission almost entirely.
The Items

A cellphone, notebook, and a small orange bottle of placebo pills.
The Minions

Various dredges of LA's underbelly, from hood rats to the homeless, all of whom are willing to do heinous things to be seen by Doctor Love.
The Fluff

- Generally speaking, Doctor Love uses his abilities to put those around him at ease.

- As mentioned previously, he usually wears a smile that can't quite seem to reach his eyes.

- While little of it remains, his voice still carries traces of his original Irish brogue.
The RP Sample

"Are you feeling better yet?"

Doctor Love didn't need to see the look on the starlet's face to know the answer to his question.  It was like this after every session; she'd whine and complain about the gilded life that was handed to her on a silver platter, go on forever about all the issues with whatever teenybopper she found herself in bed with that week, or how much of a pain in the ass her stepdad was being.  But after a short talk and one of the good doctor's patented miracle relaxants, she was once again starting to feel relaxed and at ease with the world she'd been thrust into.  Not that it was even slightly real, of course.  The problems were, but from the moment he stepped into the mansion, Doctor Love began to ply the girl's feelings, lowering dopamine and endorphin levels to induce a depressive state and keeping the pressure on until he watched her swallow the small yellow placebo.  And once she did, Doctor Love simply stopped using his ability, letting her body's sudden rush of blocked-off neurotransmitters return her to normal.

After a few moments, the singer nodded her head lazily, smiling.

"Excellent," Doctor Love said with a wiry smile, "now all that's to be discussed for this week is the matter of payment.  And if I may say so..."

A brief pause held the floor as Doctor Love focused his eyes on his patient, slowly elevating her oxytocin levels.  His fee was already rather handsome, and many in Los Angeles - and beyond, in fact - were more than willing to pay for his services.  But what was an extra thousand dollars to a woman like her?

"...you do seem quite happier today.  It makes me glad to see you're stronger than your problems, as I always knew you were."

Easiest money he'd ever made.

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

almighty_smiley
almighty_smiley

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 38
Humor : Wry, sarcastic, all that jazz.
Registration date : 2017-05-23

Back to top Go down

Doctor Love Empty Re: Doctor Love

Post by Chellizard May 27th 2017, 1:54 am

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top