The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_vote_lcapLorelei, Princess of the Deep I_voting_barLorelei, Princess of the Deep I_vote_rcap 
Seamus McAndrews
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep I_vote_lcapLorelei, Princess of the Deep I_voting_barLorelei, Princess of the Deep I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Lorelei, Princess of the Deep

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lorelei, Princess of the Deep Empty Lorelei, Princess of the Deep

Post by Johanna Sharpe August 5th 2016, 7:50 am

Lorelei
Princess of the Deep

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name:
Title: Princess of the Deep
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Atlantean Goddess of the sea
Hair: Amaranth (A light Rose color).
Eyes: Pink
Height: 5feet 5inches
Weight: 109lbs
Blood type: N/A

The Looks

Lorelei is small and timid looking young girl, who stands in at just five feet five inches and weighs in at just under one hundred and ten pounds. Lorelei has rose colored hair that is styled in a pixie cut. The Atlantean princess has a light blue skin tone which is uncommon amongst her multicolored kind which makes her stand out, not just on the surface, but even beneath the waves. Her ears are pointed like the rest of her race and her mouth is lined with sharp teeth. Because Lorelei is an Atlantean, her body was built for swift maneuverability while in the open sea. Because of this one could say her body closely resembles that of a gymnast, as it is lean and athletic looking with most of her muscle mass being in her lower body.

As far as attire goes, despite living on the surface now, Lorelei prefers to wear the loose and tribal attire of her people. This also includes the addition wrappings around her arms or legs and ornate golden bands around her wrists and ankles. Lorelei also possesses several red tribal like markings all over her body.

The Legacy

Personality:
Lorelei has never had a social life, the only people she’s ever interacted with were her handmaids. This has led to the Atlantean princess being extremely shy and timid. Lorelei has a big heart and despite her heritage or position of royalty, she would go out of her way to help others. She’s extremely kind hearted and sincere, putting the feelings and needs of others before her own. The young Atlantean princess is caring, compassionate, carefree, and all together altruistic. Even with Lorelei’s incredible power, she prefers not to engage in a fight and would much rather talk through a problem than punch her way out of one.

Even with her incredible shyness, Lorelei is very perceptive of the feelings of those around her. To that end she will do everything she can to make that individual feel better, even if she doesn’t know them. The princess of the deep being as young as she is, and never having been outside the confines of her prison-like room, is very naïve and innocent. Since solitude is all Lorelei has ever known, she has a hard time around groups of people and being exposed to such conditions make the young girl very anxious and nervous.

History:
Everyone knows the story of the great civilization of Atlantis. The story of the fabled city various depending on who you ask. Some say it sank beneath the waves due to seismic activity, while others say it was blown to bits by the eruption of a volcano located on the island. More superstitious enthusiasts say that the Atlantean’s angered the great god Poseidon and for their grand treachery he raised the city and buried it beneath the waves. To those that call the city their home, they have an entirely different story they tell about how their great civilization came to call the ocean their home.

The story goes to say that the ancient race of Atlantean’s were all metahumans with the ability to manipulate the very ocean itself. Somewhere in the city’s grand timeline, a mutation occurred in their genes and the Atlantean’s began to produce offspring with the ability to move mountains and claimed mastery over the land. Though these earth benders were not a common occurrence, the proud Atlantean’s treated them as lesser citizens and a great civil war broke out. Using their mastery of the earth, the geokinetic Atlantean’s sunk the great city beneath the waves and brought the glorious race to the brink of extinction. For centuries following the sinking of the city, any Atlantean born with the power to manipulate earth, was considered foul or revolting and were essentially treated as second rate citizens and living a life equal to slavery.

It is for this reason that when king Karth discovered his one and only daughter was geokinetic, he took it upon himself to lock her away in the highest tower of his castle. If word of her true nature ever got out, it would ruin the great king and so he went to great lengths to erase all traces of his only daughter from the record books. Despite being his only child, Karth shared in the hatred of all geokinetic’s that had been drilled into him and his people since their youth.

Lorelei grew up knowing nothing of the outside world, she didn’t even know the ocean was her home. All the poor girl had ever known were the dark windowless walls of her prison. All of this changed when a red haired angel appeared before her. The graceful woman appeared from a fiery portal, baring battle armor. She came and liberated Lorelei from her prison and introduced her to the world above the waves. She came and gave the young girl her life back. Lorelei is determined to learn all she can about her new home as well as the one she came from, all while trying to fit in, being that she was a literal fish out of water. Lorelei has been unofficially adopted by Clover as a sister, and is mow a member of the Sinclair family.

The Powers and Weaknesses

Powers

Power 1: Atlantean Goddess Genealogy- Like all other Atlantean’s, Lorelei’s body was designed for a life in the deep sea. The amount of pressure exuded by the ocean is withstood by a highly durable skeletal frame and tough skin. The friction brought on by the harsh ocean is combatted with an extremely fine-tuned and powerful musculature system. In the sea nothing can match the Atlantean’s swimming speed, and when on land they are much quicker than the average human. Lorelei is an oddity amongst her kind and her very strength and abilities are much more heightened than those of her kin.

A: Super Strength- To combat the harsh friction and ever changing nature of underwater life, Atlantean’s possess a highly sophisticated musculature system. Despite not appearing very muscular or having toned muscles, Lorelei possess immense strength, even amongst her kind. Her advanced Musculature allows her to lift several hundred tons and gives her enough stopping power behind her punches to pulverize stone, pierce steel, and even splinter telephone poles with a single blow. She is capable of crushing highly durable materials with just her grip alone.

B: Super Durability- Because of the immense pressure exerted by the sea at its lowest of depths, Atlantean’s have developed extremely durable skeleton’s. Their bone strength is equivalent to reinforced titanium. Lorelei is capable of withstanding a beating from a super powered meta without ever breaking a single bone in her body. The race of Atlantean’s that Lorelei comes from have a special resistance to extreme heat do to their kingdom being surrounded by several natural heat vents. These heat vents emit super-heated blasts of air and even sometimes magma into the ocean surrounding the Atlantean kingdom, forcing its inhabitants to adapt to the point that they could withstand extreme temperatures. Unlike the rest of her race however, Lorelei can also withstand extreme colds as well.

C: Enhanced Speed- It’s no surprise that with their boosted musculature, that the Atlantean’s can maneuver through the open ocean with extreme speed and grace, but they are much faster on land, where the friction of the ocean is no longer able to inhibit their movements. When in water Lorelei is capable of swimming at speeds of up to a hundred miles per hour. On land this speed is doubled. Her enhanced speed also bleeds into her reaction time.

D: Innate Healing Factor- Atlantean’s are capable of healing wounds over a short period of time. Minor cuts, bruises, and puncture wounds heal in seconds. Heavier more severe wounds heal in minutes to hours depending on the extent of their injuries as well. Lorelei possesses a secondary effect to her healing. While most Atlantean’s are granted their healing factor because of the water they live in, Lorelei’s persists even on land. Lorelei is capable of healing much more severe injuries such as severed limbs and the like when exposed to water. Lorelei also boasts a very strong immune system which prevents her from being poisoned or catch diseases.

Power 2: Geokinetic- Lorelei is an oddity and minority amongst the Atlantean people. Instead of being born with the gift of manipulating water, she was born with the power to bend the very earth and all its elements to her will, including metal. The Atlantean Princesses geokinesis allows her to shape and manipulate both elements regardless of their state. Lorelei can Move/lift earth, rocks, boulders, stones, and metal objects at nearly any speed whether she is in the air, on land, or underwater. Despite still learning how to control her power, Lorelei is capable of altering the shape, density, sharpness, and dullness of earth and metal even going so far as being able to liquefy them as well.

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: Zap!- Being an ocean dweller, Lorelei has a natural weakness to electricity and electric based attacks. Being hit by such an ability can hurt the small girl gravely depending on the severity of the attack. Lorelei will either become stunned for several seconds or outright knocked unconscious by such abilities. Electricity is especially useful against the Atlantean goddess, when she is wielding or manipulating metal as it will arc of the metal and be guided towards the young girl.

Weakness 2: Sorry, I'm Still Learning- Since Lorelei is still a novice when it comes to using her impressive geokinetic power, over use of said power puts tremendous strain on the young girls mind. Over exertion can cause Lorelei to experience nose bleeds, severe headaches, and in the event that she continues to push herself past these warning signs, the young goddess runs the risk of fainting.

Weakness 3: Water. Must Find Water- Lorelei’s ability to heal severed limbs and extreme damage is limited to her exposure to water. If she cannot get to a source of water, she will be unable to heal the damage.

Weakness 4: I’m A Gold Kind Of Gal- Lorelei is extremely allergic to silver. Just coming into contact with the metal can cause intense burns on her skin. A wound inflicted by a weapon or object made of silver with fizzle and burn, causing the young Atlantean intense pain.

Weakness 5: Fish Out Of Water- Since Lorelei has spent her entire life in the ocean, her lungs have a hard time processing normal air. Because of this, she constantly experiences shortness of breath. Over exertion in a fight could lead to her passing out.

Weakness 6: Somebody Please Stop This Awful Ringing- Lorelei's senses are slightly higher than the average humans, having lived her entire life underwater, she is unaccustomed to all the sights and sounds of the surface world. For this reason, High pitched noises hurt the young girls ears and cause her to freeze or become somewhat stunned when exposed to such sounds. So long as the noise persists, it can be used to incapacitate the Atlantean princess by leaving her in a stunned like state until the noise stops.

Weakness 7: I Should Probably Wear A Warning Label- Because Lorelei is inexperienced when it comes to using her power, she can be considered a danger to herself and those around her. When attempting to use her power she might not end up with the intended result. An example of this might be that she tries to lift and throw a stone at someone but instead causes a violent earthquake. Another example would be if she did manage to throw said rock, it might not fire at her target, and instead vear of its intended course and fly at an unsuspecting bystander.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):

-Lorelei being an Atlantean, can breathe underwater.
-Lorelei is an excellent swimmer.
-Lorelei is a goddess of the sea and is therefore immortal and upon death will revive on the spot. If she happens to have her entire body destroyed, the very sea itself will produce a new body for her. (Occurs outside of a topic)
-Lorelei is proficient in hand to hand combat.
-Lorelei is proficient in the use of spears, daggers, and swords.

Items/Minions

Physical Priority
Agility- 1
Endurance- 4
Reaction- 3
Strength- 2

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2016-08-05

Back to top Go down

Lorelei, Princess of the Deep Empty Re: Lorelei, Princess of the Deep

Post by Kid Kronos August 5th 2016, 9:23 pm

Left Shark! Vexxie! Approved until stated otherwise Vexxie! Left Shark!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lorelei, Princess of the Deep Kidkha10
Kid Kronos
Kid Kronos

Quote : "Even criminals should have class."

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2015-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron May 23rd 2017, 9:19 pm

retired

Lorelei, Princess of the Deep Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top