The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Somebody that I used to know [Trog]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Somebody that I used to know [Trog] Empty Somebody that I used to know [Trog]

Post by Chellizard October 15th 2015, 5:22 am

Time: 09:56 AM - Four minutes until the doors opened to the Chicago Ridge Mall.

The crowd was bigger than she expected. Sitting in her wheel chair, she had recently shown that the face behind of N.K. Wells was a woman. And not your average nerdy comic girl. She was a straight up wheel chair bound nerd. Her white hair was poofed up especially nice, a very plum colored ribbon tied into her hair to separate her bangs from the rest of the puffy mess. Her shoulders were slightly slumped, a leather jacket that was evidently too big for her being her main item of clothing for the day. She was also wearing a pair of leggings with a white skirt decorated with lacy patterns. And for her shirt, it was a simple tee shirt that showed off 'Girl Alive!' The lead singer, Tyuki Gold, being the center piece on it.

"I'm so glad I'm ambidextrous... and do I have to talk to every single person?" she said, looking over to her manager. The manager wore thin, half rimmed glasses in the shape of moons. The woman was a bit older with salt and pepper colored hair. The straight cut of her entire being was completely off putting when the woman spoke. She was very upbeat despite her serious and professional appearance. The black pin skirt and blazer over a white blouse was very plain, but made the business look work.

"No... but you should at least try to smile. And if not with teeth, a full lip smile. You are one hundred percent the reason these comics and characters exist. And these people are here to see you. Not some one else. Do you understand?" The manager spoke, almost in a mom-style voice.

"Yeah, yeah. I hear ya..." Naomi sighed and cracked her fingers. The clock struck ten.

---

Later that day...

Naomi was walking, yes walking. She had ditched her wheel chair at home and proceeded to sneak out of her window. A pair of glasses were on her face now. Her glasses. The thick rimmed spectacles helped sort of disguise her. It's not that her face was super famous anyway. Just her name. She had changed her main outfit, but kept the big leather jacket on from earlier in the day. She had seen someone today that struck a nostalgic chord in her. A very old childhood friend. It had been almost four, or was it only three? Ah either way, it had been a certain number of years and she had been this guys neighbor. Well, his grandpa's neighbor.

The block she walked down had houses, actual fenced in yards and all that cute suburban styled theme. A pair of flats padded on the sidewalk, her big light brown eyes watching everything as she strolled. She swerved around a few kids riding their bikes, and then noticed that she was there. Her old house.

She had grown up here with her mother and father - sort of. They would always be away on business, and still were. They weren't in her life anymore. Ever since she turned sixteen, she changed her last name, and never looked back. She saw flash backs as she walked the small alley between the two houses to glance into the backyard. Her house was really nice. A spacious floor plan with three bedrooms and two bathrooms. A full eat in kitchen, dining room, and living room. A fully finished basement. She lived a great life. She just had no parents in it. Sure, a nanny was nice - but it didn't replace the love a mother and a father could have given Naomi. Had they been in her life, she was sure she'd have grown up differently.

Leaning against the fence for a few moments, she sighed.

Turning, she headed back toward the front of the house and stood there for a few moments. She was now between her old house and the neighboring house. The neighboring house belonged to an older gentleman who sometimes had his grandson over for the summer, or off weeks when school was out on holiday. The kid was named Cale, or Carl... no no. It was Caleb! He was a quiet, awkward, nerdy kid just like Naomi had been when she was younger.

Only difference? She was three years older than him. Well, like two years and three-hundred-sixty-two days. But, who's counting?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Somebody that I used to know [Trog] Empty Re: Somebody that I used to know [Trog]

Post by Troglodyte October 15th 2015, 6:33 pm

Time: 10:11 AM

Caleb's eyes darted over to the door across the street. He stood leaned against a wall, fiddling with his phone, although this was mostly for show. he had stood here for almost five minutes, almost frozen in place. The young man was fully aware what he was just postponing the inevitable. He knew exactly what he had to do, and he had come far too far to turn back now, and this might be the only chance he would get to see her again. If it was even her, that was.

Even though his face had a rather dull, vacant expression, on the inside both his emotions and thoughts where racing a mile a minute. He was thinking about things that took place about four years ago, back when he had just turned twelve. That was when he had first made the aquaintance with N.K Wells. Although, back then he had known her as Naomi Wells, and she was the kid living next door to his grandparents, with whom he occasionally had spent the summer back when his parents went on vacation.

They had met during a neighborhood bbq hosted by Naomis (adoptive, she always stressed the 'adoptive') parents. Whilst there was other kids in the neighborhood, they knew each other already, thus leaving Caleb sort of out in the cold, Naomi had never been a part of their clique due to her being in a wheelchair, so the two of them had pretty much struck up a friendship out of necessity that day. However, afterward they had really hit it off.

To him Naomi had been the pinnacle of a sort of delinquent-variety coolness. She was cynical, angry and bitter and a talented artist to boot. and when you are twelve, fifteen-years are like gods, and to be invited to spend your time with one as an equal was something that only happened in the stories. The pair of them had been intensely close over the course of three months, but the next year her (adoptive) parents told him that she had simply up and left.

Still, he remember that she used to sign the comic she drew even back then with  "H.K Wells", just like the somewhat mysterious author behind the new comics comming out since about half a year back. And comming back here, brought her into the forefront of his mind for the first time in years.

However, the timespan was not the main reason of his hesitation. Even though the two of them had been close, Naomi had always had something of a cruel streak. She occasionally been vindictive and lashed out at him for little or no reason. She was both lovely and terrifying, and because she was so much older she had always been the undisputed leader of their little partnership. She had brought him to tears quite a few times, but she had always taken him back after pushing him away.

Now that he was older Caleb understood that Naomi's picture was probably next to the definition of "trouble" in the dictionary, and the very things that his younger self had admired about her, his current one recognized as the signs of a very broken personality. He just wanted to confirm that she had survived more than anything, because after she had disappeared he had been worried that she had ended up on the street, or even worse, dead.

He took one deep breath and stepped through the door. He would stick to the corner, just take a look at her and then get out. He was very unsure about how she would react if she recognized him, but she probably didn't remember him all that well. It had been so long ago, and he had been so small back then. He quickly saw the small que lined up at what was presumably her table, but he could not quite see over them so he sidled into the store, trying to find a vantage-point without getting too close, and when he did, his eyes confirmed what his mind had known all along!
There was no mistaking that white hair or the wheelchair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caleb had been sitting in at the kitchen-table talking to his grandfather as the older man wiped the kitchen-counter clean The whole room smelled of garlic and  fried onions, his grandfather had always been rather keen on cooking, and his solution whenever his grandson was feeling down was to cook him something to eat. Caleb had accused his grampy of being ridiculous, since eating food had nothing to do with comfort, but time and time again, the old man had been proven right, and as the smell of food still filled the room, even though the delicious meal had been devoured.

He had told him about going to see the neighbor-girl, and unlike his parents who would either pressure him, give him unwanted advice, mock him or come with platitudes, his grandfather just nodded. The old man was a deceptively good listener. There was something about his heavy accent that was so very soothing. His mother had but a trace of it, and had done her best to remove every last trace, but every time Caleb had heard his grandparents speak he had considered getting rid of the accent a mistake.

That was until the accent asked him to take out the trash. Caleb did really not feel like it, but he might as well do it. If he argued he knewt hat he would end up doing it anyway. He grabbed the bag, atwisted the top and walked out of the house to toss the garbage in the trashcan by the curb He grunted as he heaved the heavy, disgusting stuff up, and even though his hands where completely clean, he wiped them against the breast of his jacket. He always felt filthy after hoisting garbage-bags for some reason.

He was just about to head back inside when he saw her. she was wearing glasses now, but it was undoubtedly Naomi. His heart rose and sank at the same time. What was he doing here all of a sudden?
but all those thoughts dissapeared as he saw her legs. She was walking. It was a miracle.

"Naomi, what're you. . . You're walking!" he blubbered confusedly. Even standing up she was of diminutive stature. Back when he had been a kid he had still been quite a bit bigger than her, but now the difference was even greater. She looked so small and vulnerable even out of her wheelchair.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Somebody that I used to know [Trog] Empty Re: Somebody that I used to know [Trog]

Post by Chellizard November 7th 2015, 9:40 pm

Her hand was cramping from how many signatures she had written out, so she had to swap from her right hand to her left hand. She was very proud of herself for being ambidextrous, but could feel the envy. It was extremely annoying to have it pointed out by everyone approaching her table. She had no idea why so many people wanted her autograph. She didn't even feel any different. She knew her comics were a big hit, but it wasn't just her devotion to the characters that brought them to life...

It was the whole comic company.

Sighing, she offered one more smile as the line of people came to a halt. One of her agent's muscle men came to put up the velvet rope, giving Naomi a break. She moved her hand to have it hover over the orb placed in the arm of her wheel chair. She then swiveled it, and was rolled backward from the table.

"I'm gonna go have some lunch..." she said, but as she looked up and away from her agent, she noticed him.

He was standing at just enough distance to call it safe. Caleb. She knew him. She just couldn't believe her eyes. Blinking away her surprise, she turned her gaze from him as she, and her wheel chair, made it's way to eat. Why was this day so weird?

---

Galaxy clad stockings clothed her legs, a white lacy skirt swishing around of her thighs. Her upper half was donning a very casual Girl ALIVE! tee shirt. The big leather jacket was just huge in comparison to Naomi. She had taken it from Tony, explaining she needed it for today. The shoes she wore were simple black flats. Part of this outfit made her feel much taller than she really was, but she knew she was just barely five feet tall, and the big street trash can was only a foot and a half shorter than her.

A sudden thought of herself being thrown into the trash can was interrupted when she heard the rustling of a bag followed by foot steps. She just stood there, staring at him. It was Caleb - again.

Why was today so weird? she thought to herself, a big bad case of deja vu hitting her like a truck.

She felt her knees buckle for a moment at the sudden burst he had in response. She then walked up toward him, looked him right in the eye, and shoved him down. She then turned and started to run down the sidewalk. Her glasses fell off of her face, clamoring to the sidewalk as she dashed off. The big leather jacket slowed her down, seeing as it was just weight adding to her small form.

Shit shit shit... SHIT SHIT! SHIT! Why am I so stupid? What lie should I come up with if he follows me -- AH SHIT MY GLASSES! she was screaming inside of her head as she ran, her lungs crying for better air as she gasped. She was not physically fit - not in the least bit.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Somebody that I used to know [Trog] JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte November 9th 2015, 9:21 pm

As she noticed him, he smiled, nodded and gave her a lazy wave before walking back into the streets. It had deliberately been a very casual gesture, sort of like a "Hey, I know you from work, but I don't have time to speak, so I'll acknowledge your existence like this instead"-sort of thing. He then casually walked away, happy that she was going the other direction. Sure, they had been very close once upon a time, but that had been a million years ago, and talking to her now would just be awkward. After all, they had bonded on being lonely, somewhat antisocial nerd-losers, and now she was a famous comic-writer, she had made it. She was picked first for the proverbial basketball-teams, while Caleb was the one that ended up picked last. He had outgrown most of the misanthropy he had felt back then, so they would have nothing in common anymore, apart from being ridiculously clever.

It was very nice to see that she was still alive and doing well for herself. In a way it felt liberating that he did not have to worry about her anymore. Even though she had three years on him, he had felt as he was her crutch rather than the other way around. That she needed him more than he needed her, and for a young boy that is rather scary, even though he had idolized her back then. However, it felt rather weird that she had seen him too. He had hoped to do this incognito as to not get awkward, but that had gone out the window when she had noticed him. However, it felt good to have done it. He had set out to check up on her and he had done it. His mission was complete.

And so, when he got up on his moped and drove away, our Geeky little greasy-haired, spotty loser felt like a proper winner for once.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caleb was standing stunned as she slowly walked up towards him. The whole situation felt rather surreal for some reason, and even though his mind worked infinitely faster than that of a regular person it could not come up with nothing. This was simply too strange for him to have a proper reaction besides 'stand there and look dumbfounded' had she been capable of walking the entire time, or had she had some sort of surgery to make it possible. Cybernetics maybe? No, from what he had seen of her legs, they seemed to lack necessary muscle. It was very faint, but he was very perceptive. She was walking, but she was not using her muscles to do it

She stood in front of him now, her look defiant and somewhat aggressive. Back when they had played together he had called it her "You got a problem with that!?"-look, because that was usually the first thing that came out of her mouth after she had given someone that particular look. She then pushed him, and he fell like a chopped-down tree. Caleb was used to getting pushed and had excellent balance, not to mention the fact that even though he was far from a giant, he wa sprobably roughly twice her size. However, being as dumbfounded as he was, this was the last thing he had expected. He could feel the sharp hot pain from the skin of his palms as they scratched against the gravel and asphalt. he looked up at her as she ran off, then got to his feet, groaning in pain as he looked as his hands. one of them were bleeding, but only barely, and he knew that it felt worse than it was, but still. . .

She had pushed him.

Caleb took off after him, and unlike her, he was a pretty decent runner. He bent down to grab her glasses from the sidewalk. That was his excuse in case she got enraged at him. The sensible part of his brain said it would probably be best if he just went inside again, and considered this a finished chapter of his life, but he could not. He would not let it end like this. He did not shout at her, because he knew it would be pointless. but catching up to her would only be a matter of time. . .
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top