The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] Empty A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell]

Post by Jordan Reynolds September 25th 2015, 6:34 pm

Moisture gathered together upon a point, before becoming a liquid and then taking on the solid form of ice. A simple application of his power, and one that he had done so many times that it came as a second nature to him. These ice sculptures always took the shape he wanted them to, as if taking the image within his mind and giving it a physical form. This particular figure was that of a dove, glistening white like snow as the construct stretched out it's wings. The sound of the gulls could be heard with their usual cries as the artificial bird would take flight with them. urged upwards by both the wind and it's own wings, the self sufficient construct would enjoy it's time within the air as it flew around him as if afraid to go any further. It was always this way with the constructs as they were first created, but they tended to go their own way eventually.

They always returned of course, but in the end it always came down to that. Today had been a day of practicing, and refining his sculpting which was shown by the small mice constructs skittering around the male sitting within the sand. One of them appeared to be fiddling with a seashell they had found, held within their hands as they sniffed around it with a constantly twitching nose. Ryan didn't really have anything planned for the day, which was apparent by his choice in clothing. That consisted of a pair of multicolored boarding shorts, a pink colored muscle shirt and a light blue beanie with the face of squirtle settled upon the front where some of his shaggy hair was poking out from beneath it. The hat itself was something that he just liked the look of and it did fit his powers at any rate.

The fact that it did not have a little curled up tail in the back did annoy him slightly, but the annoyance was minor more than anything else. With the fact of a hat missing a small dangling portion now fading from his mind, Ryan took note of one of the small constructs crawling up his arm and nestling against his neck. Normally someone would feel cold from something like that, but it was just an added amount of weight to him, along with the bristle of ice that was meant to replicate the feel of rodent hair. In a sense his creations also had a certain affection towards him, though sometimes that went into an almost obsessive fervor when he was threatened. Either that was what came with sentience or something else, Ryan could not quite tell.

Still having little guardians was something that he found really cool when one thought about it. Picking the little frosty mouse up, Ryan set them gently against the sand as they would join the ten others which were skittering around him as he noticed something. A small brown rat that seemed to not match up with the others, though it was joined within the same play as them. "Hmmm, what are you doing here little guy?" He asked extending a hand to the rat who seemed to take pretty well to him. Either he was gaining animal powers or this was some kind of friendly rat. It appeared to take the pat on the head with stride as it did that and then continued to skitter around with the icy mice. It was warm unlike the other mice and Ryan to an extent like the sensation of warmth against his fingers, granted he just like it in general so long as things didn't get too hot.

"I can't help but feel like I'm missing something though." Ryan muttered to himself, scratching his chin thoughtfully while trying to remember what that was exactly. While he could brag that he made great strides towards not being so absent minded, there were still things that he felt as if he had forgotten. "Come on Ryan, it was something pretty important but what was it?" He muttered to himself with slight annoyance that he had managed to forget that something. With hands pressed against the grainy sand, Ryan pushed himself to his feet as the sea breeze blew fiercely within his face. With it came the smell of salt water and overall just the smells that one associated with the sea. Small memories resurfaced, mostly those of a beach and water lapping up at his feet, even if they were smaller then.

It was simpler then, but not like he could make things go back to as they were. Maybe it was something for Silus, or maybe even Cale. One of them came to mind yet he could not remember exactly what it entailed. perhaps it had something to do with cake, because he really love cake but then again maybe they didn't love cake. Then he would be making things for himself, which would have pretty selfish of him. Maybe he would remember when he actually saw them, that was how it worked but it did not help with his issue any less. With a slight headache now settling in, Ryan decided it would be better to go out and do things. Slipping his sandals back on he would begin to head back up the beach. The feeling of the sun beaming down on him was a slightly new one, but then again it was one that he truly disliked missing out one.

Unfortunately he couldn't conjure his friends by thinking about them, so he would have to do the next best thing and that was  texting them. So he did a little digging through his pocket until he withdrew a small cellphone, and typed in a few keys. Heya Silus. Wanna hang out? He wasn't so good at the whole texting thing, considering that  he much preferred to talk.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] Empty Re: A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell]

Post by Humanity October 24th 2015, 9:45 pm

"But this life is not fair, and for this I thank God. For in fairness and Justince we do not deserve mercy, nor compassion... but in fairness and jusice we deserve damnation. To be rebuked... I did not believe my dream when he appeared to me. To see my son, a vision telling me of his death and the words he spoke." The man said with his black goatee flecked with strands of grey and white as thick hair was tossed about, a receeding hairline barely visable. He wore a pair of jeans and a white shirt hidden behind a grey hoodie with a navy under armour logo across it's center, and a thick black book with his name engraved in silver upon it. Familiar thickness in glass type, though bifocaled and wire-framed rest upon his face as he closed the book and peeled them aside, as the young man in the bed had thousands of times before. The man looked around to behold the few in the room with him.

Four young men, a large african american woman and a child, no older than eleven years old. They were gathered because of a common reason, this reason ebing a young man in a bed. A young man that everyone present was convinced would never wake from this slumber. Everyone, save for the eleven year old boy that sat at the side of the bed, looking off with a rather vacant gaze as he listened. The man they listened to shared a story about how the hospitalized young man, his son, had been pronounced dead before. Though through the miracles of "God" the young man had woken and lived his life up until this point. The only thing going on in the eleven year old's mind was that his god-father was going to get out of this. He was going to wake up. He believed he was going to. He had to. He'd lost too many other people to lose Humanity now.

"Knowing this...that the vision was real... it puts a heavy burden on my heart, recalling exactly what he had said; what he had asked of me." The man continued, and immediately Silus' attention. "He told me he didn't want saved. In that sentence I now see...just entirely what that entails. It really does break my heart. But I've decided to honor that.... in closing I would like to read a section from Isaiah; Chapter fifty-seven, verses one and two." Silus already knew the words before they were spoken. Something of a quirk for him. Not to say anything strange or supernatural about this quirk, though from simply reading the thing and having a good memory he was able to call the passage to mind. "The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they fin rest as they lie in death."

After the passage was ready, Silus watched as the man sighed and reached up, wiping his eyes. Silus looked at the husk of Humanity, wishing and wanting to simply undo this. To stop this from being a thing they had to suffer through. But there were some things even a congregation of reality warpers shouldn't do. Something still didn't feel right about this. Matthew was fine, stable and getting better. He was improving and then suddenly he was gone. Silus refused to believe it. It was probably just juvinile rebellion against the concept of death. The concept of a final farewell. Though he was stirred from his thoughts as he felt his phone vibrating. Rubbing his eyes free from moisture before reading the text he smirked. Apparently Ryan was reaching out for some reason or other. Hanging out was definitely something Silus could use. Of course he didn't really need to worry about Ryan's invitations. They tended to be very simplistic. Very eventful, preventing boredom; yet somehow boring enough to make them calm enough to be relaxing and worth repeating.

Sure. What did you have in mind? Silus texted back, hoping to hear a response sometime soon as Humanity's friends all began to talk and remember their good moments together. Two guys with the same name, a pale kid and his daddy were there, talking away with Matthew's father and amongst themselves. Whatever Ryan had planned was better than just sitting here with a bunch of people that didn't have his level of faith in Matt. Standing up from the bed, Silus curled up his little fist and bumped it onto Matthew's shoulder, moving the limp husk a little before Silus walked off a little. Then Silus ran up to Zell and hugged him before looking up, not even needing to say anything before Zell sighed and nodded. With that, Silus was gone from the somber scene and on his way to the Seraphim Lighthouse. Maybe Gadreel would have a better idea of where Ryan was...or maybe he and Seraph had that twin-sense thing that could help. If not he could always just text and ask where he was. That works too.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] Empty Re: A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell]

Post by Jordan Reynolds October 25th 2015, 9:52 pm

Ryan stared at his phone with furrowed brows, impatiently awaiting a response as the seconds felt as if they had stretched on for minutes. He was vaguely away of something try to worm it's way into his beanie, though sometimes his constructs tended to do that and so Ryan ignored the sensation as soon as he rationalized it. After a few seconds he did get his response, much to Ryan's pleasure as he opened the message as quickly as possible for a touch screen to do so. "Well guys looks like we'll be hangin with Silus." Ryan muttered to a low chorus of pleased squeaks. How mice made out of ice actually made squeaking sounds was not really on his mind for longer than a second but it did pop up in there. Lowering a hand, one of the constructs plopped down onto the ice before something hit him much like a ton of bricks.

He didn't tell Silus where he was and in a sense Ryan was not so sure he knew exactly where he was. "Well....I did not think that one through." Ryan muttered to himself annoyed with himself until he realized he could just text the location to Silus. There was also the fact the had forgotten to do the whole texting back for a brief second. Now came the question that he had totally forgotten about in the first place, making Ryan slightly question what he wanted to do in the first place. Not as if he could think of something that beat the usual that Silus did but then again maybe it would be something interesting. Likely It was expected but then again being too expected would have been boring. That lead to a lot of thinking on his part while Ryan tried to think of what they actually would do.  

There was of course just doing things around LA, but then again Ryan had no idea what they would actually do. That reminded him of the whole not thinking things ahead very well, but then again he rarely did that to begin with. There had to be something that they could do, and yet the only thing he was drawing was a blank. No. Not right now. Well it was the truth, but usually they thought of something before long. At least when dealing with Silus at any rate, because with his friend it was usually not a boring time. Then came the question was how he would find Silus, granted likely they would be at the lighthouse or something like that. It seemed to work on his mind anyway, and so he would try that first before trying to remember where he was and telling where he was.

The only thing to keep him from using that useful water porting was remembering that he had something stuck on his beanie. All it took was poking at the lump to see the little rodent from earlier peek it's head out, though it was more of something in his peripheral than actually seeing it. "I wonder if Cale is scared of mice. Do you think he is?" Ryan said, wondering if the mouse could understand what he was saying and leaving that thought where it was. Finding the lighthouse from where he was should have been easy enough to find, all it took was some walking really. Tiring as that would likely be, he got there pretty quickly as the structure itself came into view. Something about it had a certain quality that calmed him, but then again that may have just been Ryan being strange,

He was expecting Cale to be in his usual position as the doorman, doing the usual rather intimidating glare that his face was usually transfixed in. Honestly, Ryan would have been more surprised to see him smiling than frowning actually, but then again that was just expectations really. "So is Lucifer here or am I early?" Ryan asked a small smirk playing across his lips as he buried his hands into his pockets, fingertips feeling over the phone buried within one of them.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell November 30th 2015, 1:22 am

The day proceeded as expected for Cale and Silus. Of course Silus didn't realize that his dumb friend would be relocating to the Seraphim base rather than his house. Of course with Ryan it was always a coin toss whether you were going to get a spark of mental ingenuity or mental retardation. The thought never crossed his mind that his friend might have been retarded, like all the other homeless friends he had. Actually Zell ad Matt had both brought that up to him once. Silus had a way of attracting boyishly stupid homeless kids and keeping them as friends. Some kids had the gift with turtles, others had it with cats. Not Silus. Nope he collected entire people. Though he couldn't seem to help it. There was something about being a beacon of innocence and goodness that made homeless people love him. It was probably because he fed them and occasionally snuck them some clothing that his dad owned but forgot about.

"No, he's not here. What do you mean are you early? We're not having a meeting today." Cale said, slightly trying to get through thuis conversation as best as he possibly could at this moment in time. Especially when he saw the mouse and tensed up. "Look, just because you're with us now doesn't mean we're gonna bend the rules any. No animals in the lighthouse. We didn't even let Kikariel take an animal form in the place. Gotta ditch the mouse." He informed Ryan as sympathetically yet plainly and boring as possible. However the moment Ryan went to respond there was a shifting...a changing in the very fabric of reality itself. Someone, or something had changed. Not just one thing...but everything. In a moment everything was all wrong, and no one would remember anything of their previous life. Just simply the lie of tis new fabrication... this new world.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A not so conventional fairy tail told in a conventional fashion [Zell] Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds December 1st 2015, 2:47 am

All within the span of a second things changed. At one moment Ryan was talking to Cale about things, and he was showing his displeasure with the fact that he had a rat hiding within his cap, and then the next moment things were different. He wasn't on a beach anymore, or even aware of the fact that he should have been on one in the first place. Now he was in a home, with a small bundle of clothes within his arms that were mostly crumpled together from him hastily picking them up. His room, as well as a few others had accumulated some clothing and it was his job to clean that up. Not that Ryan would complain openly about it, considering that his step-father would have it no other way than that. Open disobedience was one of those buttons that shouldn't be pressed, and so he avoided it.

In his room the small television was blaring as usual, a small poster hanging on the wall about an event that was being thrown in the city. Something about this King that lived here within their large castle. An impressive structure and one that many people had grown used to seeing through the years that it stood there. His interest was less within the king and more within someone else, which was why he wanted to go.

Staring out the window, he looked down to see a dog wagging it's tail. Their home was a nice two story, probably from whatever it was that their stop father did after marrying their mother. Sure, there was a car accident involved, but that was years ago, nothing to dwell on now at any rate. His siblings seemed to take it slightly better than he did, that being that he didn't really notice if they took it as hard as him or not. Eric had been out doing whatever it was he was doing, while Ryan was home picking a few things up. A menial task to perform but something that he did anyway, The next stop was Austyn's room which usually was clean for the most part, but there was always the occasional mess. Of course, he also just enjoyed an excuse to try and talk with his brother.

Stopping by his brothers room, he peeked in to see what Austyn was doing. "Still readin?" He asked with a small smile, stepping into the room in a slightly timid fashion. "You goin to that thing tonight at the castle thing?" He asked slightly interested, picking up a book on the floor, looking at the cover with interest.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top