The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
The Doctor is In I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:52 am by ProwlerKnight

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Doctor is In I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
The Doctor is In I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Stars over Vegas
The Doctor is In I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
The Doctor is In I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
The Doctor is In I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
The Doctor is In I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
The Doctor is In I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
The Doctor is In I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
The Doctor is In I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
The Doctor is In I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
The Doctor is In I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
The Doctor is In I_vote_lcapThe Doctor is In I_voting_barThe Doctor is In I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Doctor is In

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Doctor is In Empty The Doctor is In

Post by Kratoury September 30th 2014, 7:38 am

Ryan Newman
"No but seriously, I spent so long studying medicine and now I can just super-power diseases away? Should have majored in kung-fu or something..."

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name:  Doc
Title:  Renegade Surgeon
Alignment:  Neutral - Good
Race:  Caucasian; Meta-Human
Hair:  Black
Eyes:  Green
Height:  6'2"  /  1.8m
Weight:  124lbs  /  56kg
Blood type:  A+

The Looks

Ryan is a somewhat unimposing man. While he's tall enough to stretch into the "slightly taller than most people" side of things, he's quite thin due to his lack of physical fitness and restricted diet. That said, his jet black hair and scruffy not-quite-beard help to offset his otherwise sickly appearance by making him seem like a simple laze-about. His limbs are long enough to be a bit ungainly, and his muscles are tight and stringy in a way that indicates practical use rather than weight training. Despite all this, his deep green eyes can be somewhat off-putting. They're far too intense, and seem to catch the light just a bit too well to be entirely normal.

It is incredibly rare, perhaps even unheard of, to see Ryan without his shabby doctor's coat draped over his shoulders. What he wears beneath that is usually just a mismatch of whatever clothes he's decided to throw on on any given day; the coat is immutable, however. His hair is fairly short, and almost always messy due to his nervous tell of combing his fingers back through his hair. It's also worth noting that despite his somewhat shabby appearance, Ryan keeps himself immaculately clean. Being around the sick and injured as often as he is, it wouldn't due to be unhygienic.

A Picture, Just 'Cause:

The Legacy

Personality:
    Equal parts altruistic, lazy, and idealistic; Ryan believes that if it's possible to help someone he should do what he can. Doesn't matter if they're a hero, a villain, or any other plausible alignment. Obviously it's not quite as straightforward as that, but all the same that's the ideal that Ryan struggles to reach- the ability and time to save everyone. Unfortunately for him, there's no way to reach everyone who needs help. (And of course, serving people for free has led to him needing to live off of cupped ramen and tap water for a few months out of the year.)

History:
    Now, you may be wondering just what sort of colorful background our good Ryan must have had to be as he is today. Well, in truth? His family, early life, and most of his adult life were completely mundane. His father, now retired, worked as a mechanic for the better part of forty years. On the other hand, his mother was nurse and is still working. As most children tend to be, Ryan was a rambunctious kid with too much energy and way too much curiosity. When he got into school, he was shunted forward a few years due to being quite smart. And no, I don't mean to say he's a mad scientist, Ryan's just a certifiable genius with biological sciences as his leaning. (Actually, Ryan's pretty bad with machines.) He graduated from high school at fifteen, and further graduated from med-school at the age of twenty one. For about three years he worked alternately as a surgeon and an EMT, but when he came into his powers he decided that it would be better for him to just open up his own clinic.

As a side note, Ryan's first utterance upon acquiring his powers was, "Well... shit. So I guess med-school was a waste of time. ... Stupid super powers."

Oh yeah, and Ryan's super sickly; has been since birth, in fact. He's always coughing up blood and stuff (it's super gross). He has a hard time eating because of how tender his system is, actually, and can't maintain too much physical exertion for any substantive period of time. (Hence his really low durability rating and relatively low weight.)

The Powers

Power 1:  Biological Analysis; an ability which has to be actively suppressed to stave off headaches due to an overabundance of information being fed directly through the thalamus. This power allows Ryan to look at someone and see, in great detail, their current biological state. It's as accurate, more so in some cases, than running every conceivable medical test with modern instruments twice a second. As such it obviously has a minor update period (considerably longer than actual vision in fact, but so much more accurate), but that's mostly inconsequential. The information is processed and categorized almost instantly in Ryan's brain, and allows him to make use of his incredible surgical skills without any sort of guess work.

Power 2:  Corrective Healing is the more overt form of Ryan's power. He is able to heal effectively any sort of wound or ailment by performing a sort of 'biological hard-reset', restoring the state of someone's body to their ideal (the ideal retrieved, of course, from Ryan's intuitive grasp of physiology coupled with his analytical powers). As an example:  if someone's leg were to be broken he could examine the limb in question to figure out exactly what's wrong with it (heavy laceration, minor burns, and a break coupled with several hairline fractures for instance), then forcibly change the leg so that it precisely matches up with how the leg should be functioning in an ideal setting. More often than not, he'll also choose to wear the limb down so that it more evenly matches up with the other leg as well (preventing balance issues and the like).

This power take a fair amount of concentration and effort, and is far from instantaneous. But as long as Ryan is devoting his full attention to correcting an imperfection he can manage even extreme wounds (full body paralysis, wasting illness, and other things of the like) within the span of a few hours. Less complicated issues can usually be resolved much more quickly, and triage (stabilizing injuries to keep them from being fatal) can be done within a span of seconds. Though that's mostly because of how good Ryan is at performing that sort of operation even without powers (meaning a situation where he's stabilizing someone it's more like he's using his power as a shortcut than an actual process).

Power 3:  Intuitive Grasp of Physiology is another aspect of Ryan's inhuman senses:  it gives him an intuitive grasp of the "normal" way someone is put together. This effectively lets him see a blueprint of someone's ideal state alongside his actual analysis of them. This blueprint is the main reason he is able to "heal" someone, despite everyone's bodies being arranged slightly differently. After all, when you're talking about displaced neurons or spinal damage there's very little room for error. Effectively speaking, this means that if Ryan makes a mistake while using his power it's on his own head.

Grid
Intelligence:  7
Occult:  N/A
Strength:  5
Speed:  5
Durability:  3
Ability:  1, 6, 1
Fighting Skills:  2
Magic:  N/A
Spells:  N/A
Flight:  N/A
Wealth:  1

Last edited by Kratoury on October 1st 2014, 8:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Kratoury
Kratoury

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 7
Job : Student
Registration date : 2014-09-30

Back to top Go down

The Doctor is In Empty Re: The Doctor is In

Post by Chellizard September 30th 2014, 1:29 pm

The way our powers work here is if you want something like healing others, it will only heal others. IF you want something to harm others, you'll need a separate ability for that.

So, your biology manipulation can only be one or the other, not both. And even if it were to harm someone, it couldn't be used on PCs the way you've explained it. Chemical imbalances occur, yes, but manipulating it to kill someone, or manipulating their body is a no-go, especially off of a power that's first intention is to heal.

So, I advise you create a split bar for that and have one for healing and one for harming. Also, if 4 ABI is allocated to see someone's body like "x-ray" vision, or as if they were getting a full body scan, I say that's only 1 point; or even an RP mechanic-- mainly because some character owners will need to give you OOC permission to spy on their characters inner workings. Using it on NPCs is fine, as long as the NPC is yours, or just a random one made up for the thread. This will allow you to have three extra points to allocate elsewhere.

The third power, Intuitive Grasp of Physiology, is great, but again overpriced. I say 1 point of ABI allocated allows for what you want; afterall, it's just to see how their body in the state it should be for 100% function, correct? And it's another power that needs permission.

I have a character that does the healing thing, but it's much more magical than what you've broken down here.

Now, as for your newly allocated points, I vote you do it like this:

ABI: 16 (in total for all of your powers, as allocated on your grid)

Bio Analysis: 1 ABI
Heal Others: 4 [ considering it takes a LONG time to repair a leg, hm? ]
Harm Others: ??? [ I'm still iffy on the way that you explained how he actually does damage to people. ]
Intuitive Grasp of Physiology: 1 ABI

You have 10 ABI leftover, and can only really spend 8 on your last ability. You could up your healing others by two points, making things a bit faster, or you can allocate the points elsewhere on your grid.

I'd like you to PM me or reply here with a better explanation, or even an RP sample of how your power for harming other's will work.

Great application though!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kratoury September 30th 2014, 4:19 pm

M'kay, I'll see what I can do to clarify my character's power. The way I was trying to set it up though, was that it was effectively useless in combat due to it (effectively) requiring a willing subject due to the time and concentration going into it leaving Ryan all different sorts of vulnerable.

That said, yeah I kind of figured that his abilities were a bit over-priced, but I honestly couldn't think of anything else to drop my points into. He's a normal guy, really. Originally I had is INT set at like four, but bumped it and fighting up because I couldn't find anywhere else to drop some points. So funnily enough it's super cool that I need to split some points into the non-healing aspects of Ryan's power.

Oh, and thanks for getting a review in here so quickly. Pretty awesome of you.  But I'll have to wait until tonight to make corrections, since I have classes for like eight hours today. I'll make another post down here once I've got some changes made.

Edit:  So I had a few minutes to work on this in-between school stuff. I rewrote my character's healing power in a way that probably makes a lot more sense, what with it not being four in the morning and all. And I decided to forgo directly harming people with his power in favor of just manipulating himself (read as shapeshifting). Oh, and do you think someone could give me a further explanation as to how shapeshifting actually functions? I think I know, but I want to be sure before I go doing anything dumb.

Thanks.
Kratoury
Kratoury

Back to top Go down

Post by Kratoury September 30th 2014, 11:54 pm

Okay, I said I'd make another post here once I'd changed things up on my sheet. So here we are, I've modified powers and whatnot, and I think it should be a lot more straightforward now.

Anything else I need to take care of, or are we good to go?

Edit: Actually I think I'm gonna go ahead and stick with just healing. The dude's a doctor, he doesn't need to be able to shapeshift or anything.
Kratoury
Kratoury

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien October 1st 2014, 8:29 pm

I like you.

You're gonna' go far, kid.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Number of posts : 412
Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish
Registration date : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top