The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What We Do In The Shadows
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Fusion Frenzy
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
Nate6595
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_vote_lcapWhen Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_voting_barWhen Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_vote_lcapWhen Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_voting_barWhen Time Runs Out - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

When Time Runs Out

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When Time Runs Out - Page 5 Empty Re: When Time Runs Out

Post by Hanna August 20th 2013, 12:54 am

Salone struggled with Artemis, eventually locking her hands close to her body in a bear hug. When finished Artemis had passed out and Penny was sporting bruises on the cheekbone were Artemis had kicked her. Were several bites and scratches that riddled Salone’s arms and she had been unusually quiet. When done Penny patched up Salone, wrapping her hands for they had received the most damage.

Jake had left, for were Salone had a faint idea. Back to Stonehenge; Salone sighed, sitting back on the couch next to the door. From the look on his face when he entered Salone knew she had guessed right. She stood up and grabbed her wallet from the counter, before grabbing Jake’s hand and leading him out the door again.

“Come on, we are going to the store.

The trip was quick, just picking up some more medical things for Penny, some sleeping pills that Salone knew she was going to need, and cupcake ingredients. It was a small start to repair whatever damage Salone had done to Artemis.

Upon returning she checked on the two, Penny was sitting on a chair, she had fallen asleep. Salone sighed again and returned to the kitchen before starting to make cupcakes. She only seemed to be going through the motions, but her mind was far off most likely scrolling through dragon memories. When they were done she began to frost them.

Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis August 20th 2013, 1:04 am

Artemis was out for quite some time, in fact she was out until around 3 pm the next day. But once she woke she was grumpy. She still felt light headed from the past blood loss and she was hungry. She looked down at her leg with was now wrapped up. She poked her leg lightly and winced. It hurt, a lot. She began to unwrap the bandage but Penny came out of no where and smacked her on the back of the head. She scolded her and said that the smack was for yesterday. Although she didn't remember much after the fight. Her stomached growl and Penny told her to stay in place and she will bring food to her. Something about having to regain all the blood she lost. Artemis looked around confused. She didn't see Salone which made her calm down a bit. But the thought of seen her again made her on edge, but why? Salone was still her friend and the fact that she was now scared of her bugged her just as much.

Within a few moments Penny brought Artemis some food and Artemis devoured it. Penny nodded happily at her appetite and brought more food to her. This time there where two cupcakes with the food and Artemis ate the food but stared at cupcakes. Most likely Salone made them. That thought filled her with fear and happiness. She slowly picked one of them up and took a bite out of it, chewing on it slowly.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell August 22nd 2013, 12:26 am

I just needed to do as I was told. That vision was still tormenting me, I had nothing that I could do. There was no reason…to live. Baal’s won. I’ve lost. Salone and Artemis were no longer the foremost things on my mind. Salone was always there, but not the most prominent. She would be fine, eventually. I had no idea what to do. My train of thought was impossible to follow anymore. This…Salone’s “cure”…was so easy and deceitful but somehow so bittersweet. I just stayed outside, since no dragons were allowed…and I just kept my knees to my chest. Fighting off the urge to allow my mind to drift to a near eternal slumber.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
When Time Runs Out - Page 5 Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna August 22nd 2013, 1:22 am

Salone sighed and vanished out the door, to find Jake sitting there with a pained and glazed expression on his face.
“How are you doing?” She asked him, when he didn’t respond she sat in front of him. “Jake, what happened? I know you went back.”
Salone waited and gently she touched the side of his face. The two were off in a secluded corner of the suite. He was suffering greatly from this site. It had been filled with anger and hate, at the moment she was also fighting off a wave of depression. “Hey, it’s okay. Jake, I need you to stay here with me okay?”
She slid her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder, “Please… I can’t loose you too. “

Salone’s fingers massaged the back of his neck (ignoring the twinge of pain), trying to distract him from the darkness within that was trying to swallow him up. She would stay like that for as long as he needed her to, cradling him to her in an attempt at comfort for two souls that had been shredded by the day’s events.
During this whole thing Penny was sitting in Artemis’ room. Salone had left in search of Jake for various reasons.

“You feel better Artemis?” She asked, counting out two strong pain killers for the shapeshifter. It would make her feel much better but it was going to knock her out after a few hours of being awake. Penny listened to her talk before handing her a drink of water and the pills. “Those are for swallowing whole, they help with the pain.”

Artemis’ leg had been bandaged ankle to knee; very firmly wrapped so moving wouldn’t open up the stitches. Penny was sure she looked a sight with the bruises on her cheekbone but she waited, sitting back in her chair.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Peoples:

When Time Runs Out - Page 5 Tumblr10
Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Tell me I'm a fricken fairy princess one more time... I dare you."

Job : I am a book person... I read, sniff, and throw them at obnoxious people
Humor : Oh you like that character? Let me kill them for you. :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis August 22nd 2013, 8:11 pm

Shortly after the food Penny brought two pills in front of her as well as a glass of water. She told Artemis to take the pills and not to bite them. Artemis lifted one to her mouth and licked it. Her face turned green from the taste. But she swallowed both of them after a look from Penny which honestly scared Artemis. At first Artemis face cringed at the taste but then she felt kinda strange. Her head now felt like and her vision blurred in and out. whatever she was given was working fast. Artemis attempt to get up but couldn't even get to the end of the bed before she passed out again.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell August 23rd 2013, 11:53 pm

”You’ll never lose me…” I said as I closed me eyes. Tears of blood began welling up in my eyes, only for me to have water come from the bathroom sink and clean them from my face. I latched onto Salone and pulled her as close to me as I could. Darkness itself threatened to consume me, body mind and soul all at once. I pressed my lips against her forehead and latched onto her, the thought of creeping her out didn’t even run through my mind. I hope I didn’t scare her, but the bottom line was that regardless of what happened…she would never be rid of me. ”Don’t be silly…you’ll never be able to get rid of me.” I said, trying my hand at joking with her. ”I told you…everything will be alright…even if I need to MAKE it that way…” I reminded her.
-------------------------------
      I had gone over to Artemis. I meant every word. I knew a way to help Artemis, but it was going to take time. I sat on the ground in front of the bed, my left knee pulled back, and my left calf resting across my foot. My forehead pressed up against my knee. I took off the eye-patch. One would have expected to see an ugly skin pocket or strands of dead sinew, but instead the entire socket was glowing with a royal blue color and suddenly the water from all around came around and circled him, the water then wrapped itself around Artemis’ leg. My quintessence energy inside the water would stimulate her natural recovery, and by the time morning actually rolled around, it would be as if nothing happened. This process was far too unconventional to be used in any situation where battle was a stress, but at a time like this, I don’t need to worry about such things. I began to nod off, which was acceptable during this ‘mantra’ or ritual or whatever they would call this. Finally I drifted off to sleep…
      ”Jake must actually like you Artemis, he’s been doing this since you passed out.” Was what I had woken up to. I raised an eye at Penny. Oh no…woman you did not just go there…

Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna August 25th 2013, 1:41 am

Salone felt herself relax into Jake’s grip. He seemed to be clinging to her, trying to hold himself here in this state. She rested her cheek on his shoulder and sighed, a long drawn out sigh. Her long blonde hair spilled down her back. Salone let Jake hold her for as long as he needed. They sat like that for several moments before Jake sighed and stood. He wandered off to do whatever he needed to do and Salone in turn cleaned up the cupcake mess.  
After taking a light (emphasis on the word light) nap she walked into Artemis’ room to find her knocked out on pain killers… the poor girl may be loopy in the morning. Salone sighed and sat down in the chair next to Penny, offering up a cupcake. The doctor accepted it before pointing at Jake.
“What is he doing?”
“He is manipulating energy to help Artemis’ leg I am guessing.” Salone said, moving over to sit next to the sleeping Jake.
A short time later, a groggy Artemis woke up and was filled in on what had happened.
 ”Jake must actually like you Artemis, he’s been doing this since you passed out.”
That was the point Jake woke up and gave Penny a stink eye. Carefully Salone laid a hand on Jake’s arm and offered a cupcake; Anger deterrent as well as distraction.
“Cupcake?” She asked innocently, flashing a bright smile.

My Peoples:

Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis August 26th 2013, 6:41 pm

Artemis had the strangest dream. She was floating in a strange blue light. She could move around just fine it it, no hurt leg or anything. She just floated around in the light but didn't really go anywhere. With a huge yawn Artemis woke. It was the next morning. The Sun was high in the sky but it was still before 12. Artemis didn't notice it at first, but her leg didn't hurt. She reached under the covers and poked her leg. No pain. Artemis tore the bandages off confused and stared at her leg, which was in perfect condition. She poked her leg again and then she heard Penny.

Artemis looked at Jake confused but then her face twisted into a twisted smile. She had to guess what Jake was 'doing' was fixing her leg but she could have fun with this. Artemis crawled on the bed in front of Jake. On her hands and knees she looked at Jake with seductive look on her face. "Doing huh?" said Artemis. "If from what I have heard from ahead in human jungles that's another word for mating right? But isn't you mate Salone? Don't humans usually stick to one mate? I haven't had more then one mate at one time, and I never had one of the same gender, but I wouldn't mind to try." Had Artemis taken the joke a bit to far, possibly. But to her she wanted to see the look on Jake's face, and on Salone's face to an extent.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell August 26th 2013, 11:47 pm

Oh, NOW she decided to be seductive? Just wonderful. Why couldn’t she have done this the first time around? No instead she needed to make things difficult. Now she wanted to be my mate? Or was she suggesting that…all...three of us? Was that even possible? It was entirely out of the question, she was obviously just trying to get a reaction and I wasn’t about to feed the animal… okay...I lied. I slid the amulet over to Penny, who in turn picked it up and gave it to Salone with a curious expression. Hopefully she would take it to hear me try and tell her the message.
        Salone, don’t freak out…but I just have to do this…I’m sorry, she keeps putting me in situations to make me feel wrong, out of place, and totally odd…I’m so sorry…I hope you can forgive me…but this is my one chance to flip it around. Salone…I love you….But this HAS to happen. I said, hoping she knew the reason for this sudden, and totally 180 change of heart. I shot forward and kissed Artemis. Full blown, no bars held she was kissed. End of discussion. I was totally repulsed, not really, but I wanted to be. I wasn’t attracted in any way, but then again, as a Dragon…we lack lips, so something like this didn’t really mean much. It was the emotion that made it. I had no emotion for Artemis, all the emotion in the world for Salone. I winked mty one good eye and clicked my tongue twice before lowering my eyepatch, hopping up and chuckling like a little kid as I walked awa towards Salone. I froze up a little after the kiss, that meant nothing at all....
      ”Oh…primal instinct much?” Penny joked with a little laugh, then looking to Salone, seeing if comforting was needed.
     Wait a minute…I just told Salone I love her….aaawe crap…I hope she doesn’t get creeped out…

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna August 27th 2013, 1:50 am

Salone blinked at this situation, well then… this was going to be interesting. Penny took the extra cupcake and munched on it, clearly amused by this situation.

“Eh…” Salone was only capable of making that noise at the moment. She scooted away from Artemis’ weird flirting game to sit next to Penny on the floor. Salone took one look at Artemis and guess that is what she called her seductive look. The young time collector shut her eyes for a few moments…  this was so weird. She wasn’t mad at Artemis... mainly amused. Watching the reactions flash across Jake’s face was amusing as well as he tried to figure out this situation.

However at Artemis’ more than one mate comment Salone made a face… this was like a bad case of polygamy or something out of a romance novel… Wordlessly Jake passed Penny the medallion who in turn passed it to her. Salone took it in her hands and felt a familiar warms flood the back of her mind… Jake.

Salone, don’t freak out…but I just have to do this…I’m sorry, she keeps putting me in situations to make me feel wrong, out of place, and totally odd…I’m so sorry…I hope you can forgive me…but this is my one chance to flip it around. Salone…I love you….But this HAS to happen.

Salone squeaked at what happened next, Jake kissed Artemis. She sat there stunned for a few moments as Penny made a sarcastic Penny comment before it all sank in.

When everyone looked at her… this entire situation struck her as hilarious. So she started to laugh, a good, deep laugh. She rocked back and forth and it took her several minutes to stop. When she did she only saw Jake’s facial expression before she started laughing again… this entire situation was so… strange!

However, she would have to talk to Jake later at saying that he loved her… at that though her heart did a happy little flip before Salone started laughing all over again.

My Peoples:

Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis August 27th 2013, 11:14 am

Well... that didn't go the way she expected. She had expected Jake to act surprise or something. Instead he kissed her, or she thought that was the word for it. She wasn't used to the whole concept of kissing. Hell, that was just her first kiss. But Jake didn't hold back at all, and did he just put his tongue in her mouth? What ever the reason he did it, she ended up doing the same, even though she didn't mean to. Once Jake pulled away Artemis had a stunned look on her face, and was slightly blushing. However it was for less then a few seconds, she snapped out of it quickly. She tried to make a sarcastic comment but no words left her mouth. Her mouth she stayed open for a few seconds before she closed it.

Instead Penny followed up with the sarcastic comment for her. Jake just simply walked back to Salone. Artemis was still on all four on the bed and she bit her lower lip slightly. She didn't want to show she was defeated. But then Salone started to laugh, and Artemis couldn't help but break into a smile and laugh as well. What just happened was so weird.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell August 27th 2013, 10:39 pm

Weird is a total undertatement, but hey, it is what it is. I saw Salone laughing and I smiled as I sat on the bed parallel from Artemis and watched her continue to laugh. I also loved how I left Artemis with a feeling of total shock. I just really hope I don't need to do that to shut her up every time. A disturbing image popped in my head. I recalled the first time I stepped into Salone's house and Artemis growled at me. I should have just kissed her then...but that image was weird. But then there was the image when they were argung at stonhenge. It might have been funny when Artemis had said that 'name a puppy after me' or whatever that I just kissed her after that statement. This was weird.  Stupid mind is stupid and should stop doing this to me now.

"Glad I could make you laugh!" I said with a child like smile and sitting cross-legged on the bed, playing with a peice of thread I found. I was trying to not look at Artemis, because this was slightly weird for me...not that i'd ever let her know.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna August 27th 2013, 11:11 pm

Salone leaned her head on Penny’s leg, still laughing slightly.
She smiled at Jake, “It isn’t that hard to make me laugh… it’s just that this situation is even more amusing than one would think.”

For the rest of the day the four individuals packed up their stuff and cleaned wounds. Salone had her bandages changed on her hands and wrists, Penny had tried to coax her to eat a few times but her desire for food seemed to have vanished into thin air. Her mind was still a dark whirl of strange memories; often Penny would catch Salone staring out into space or out a window, her brow crinkled.

The end of the day found the group lounging one more by the pool, Salone in her swimsuit and Penny sitting on a chair. Salone was stretched out next to the pool, seeming lazy were as Penny was reading a novel.

My Peoples:

Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis August 27th 2013, 11:38 pm

The rest of the day was pretty chill. After they all had a good laugh everyone began to pack up. Artemis packed light, bring only what she was carrying on her. So she was pretty much watching Salone and Penny pack. Through out the day she couldn't help but look at Jake, usually throw the corner of her eye. From what she could tell from watching everyone that this seemed like the last day here. She just lounged around and ate. But by the end of the day the group had found themselves lounging by the pool.

Artemis let out a yawn, she was in wolf form and lying by Salone's feet. She couldn't help but give Jake some quick looks, she didn't know why though. She stood up and shifted. She walked around and stretched. "This is our last night is it not? Don't normal humans do stuff." Artemis walked to the small end of the pool and sniffed the water. It still smelled funny so she walked away.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell August 28th 2013, 12:15 am

She was right, it'scustomary for Humans to 'do stuff' on their last day or night in an area. Since for Humans they can't just up and fly or swim wherever they wanted. Stupid humans and their lack of mobility. I should totally try and find a way to fix my wings. Then I would so fly in the sky and every time somone screamed at me for spitting on their heads I could scream 'SILENCE GROUND-WALKER!' Regardless of the situation I was still happy enough to have somone suggest we do something.

"Well as the oldest non-human here I vote we leave WHAT we do up to the two humans...unless you disagree?" I looked to Artemis, a raised eyebrow. I knew what I wanted to do...oh yeah. I wanted to go full blown dragon and just LAY on top of a city...then I would collect gold and shiny things and demand people bring me their daughters...not because I'm a pervy-dragon, but because I need lots of women to cook. I'm a big fella in Dragon form. I was snapped from my thoughts By Artemis's reply and then looked to Salone with a smile.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna August 28th 2013, 10:25 pm

Salone’s eye snapped open and she fixed him with a brown eye, as if she was knew exactly what he was thinking with the cooking and the daughters…. Oh wait… she kinda did. She made an amused noise and buried her head in the crook of her arm, before pointing at Artemis and Penny.

“Humans, decide.” Salone would much rather take a nap than do anything; even if it did give her nightmares. That caused Penny to sigh, Salone never ever used to want to take naps… or be sleepy in the day for that matter.

“Our flight is tomorrow morning, we can do something today if we wish or stay here and do whatever we please.” Penny needed to do something fun to get her mind out of its darkest recesses. She looked at Artemis, maybe the group could go look at some local thing… like sight see or boating… or something…

My Peoples:

Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!