The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
The Awakening (Skylar) I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:15 am by Cobalt

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
The Awakening (Skylar) I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
The Awakening (Skylar) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
The Awakening (Skylar) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
The Awakening (Skylar) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
The Awakening (Skylar) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
The Awakening (Skylar) I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
The Awakening (Skylar) I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
The Awakening (Skylar) I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
The Awakening (Skylar) I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
The Awakening (Skylar) I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The Awakening (Skylar) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
The Awakening (Skylar) I_vote_lcapThe Awakening (Skylar) I_voting_barThe Awakening (Skylar) I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
The Awakening (Skylar) I_vote_lcapThe Awakening (Skylar) I_voting_barThe Awakening (Skylar) I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Awakening (Skylar)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Awakening (Skylar) Empty The Awakening (Skylar)

Post by Brass September 17th 2012, 8:49 pm

As far as days could go nothing about today was going right. Going outside would be a mistake due to the fact that it was raining out. No, really, it was raining cats and dogs out there. People were running into the subway terminal in order to escape the down pour. The rain was sudden. The part that pissed some off was the fact that the sun was still up. It was as if the Zeus were playing a joke on mankind in their boredom.

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Excu-" a tiny female voice said. But then, that Mighty Mouse voice changed into a roaring lion. "FUCKING EXCUSE ME!" was the shout. Most of the crowd funneling into the subway stopped in place. Some turned to look at who was doing the yelling. A young woman came through the crowd pushing, shoving and muscling her way through. Folded up in her arms was a small teddy bear. She kept the stuffed animal dry but she was soaking wet. It was as if she cared more about the bear than she did for herself. "Thank you! Carry on," she said.

From head to toe this girl looked like a puppy getting its first bath. Her jet black hair was leaking water but not as much as every visible part of skin had water rolling down the surface. Her tight fitting blue jeans were darker than what they were supposed to be due to the fact that they were wet. Her brown Chuck Taylors made a squeaking noise against the floor as she walked along. The long sleeved black and white stripped shirt she wore was hanging onto her skin and it was heavier than it was when it was dry.

The girl brought a ticket and prepared to move onto a train. "Don't worry Mr. Hereberry. We'll get you home," she said to the bear. She hugged the animal. People were staring. Sure if a child were talking to a bear that wouldn't be all that shocking. But this was a grown woman.

If people didn't think she was crazy before she would definitely have a way of proving her self-nut-case-ness. She skipped her way up towards the subway tracks and jumped down onto the tracks. She stood off to the side a little bit and held up her thumb. This woman was literally trying to hitch hike a subway train. She hadn't rode a train before in her life.

"Damnit! Why isn't that jerk stopping? What is he trying to say? I'm not pretty enough?' she said to herself. That train was barreling straight for her. Both of the girl's eyes began to switch. She shook her head violently and all of the water in her water was flung onto the people that, by now, were crowding near the edges of the track step-off.

"What are you stupid or something? Get back up here! You trying to get yourself killed?" shouted an older man.

This young woman didn't seem like the same person as before. She didn't cradle Mr. Hereberry anymore. She held him by the neck with one hand. Her body moved rapidly as she leaped back up onto the service platform. People just stared. The girl looked down towards the ground as if she were embarrassed.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered. Reiko felt something she hadn't really felt before; embarrassment. While her newfound friend in Jason the psycho would warrant her not to feel that way. She wanted to cry.

Normally, her stunts of attention grabbing worked to her advantage and people were entertained. Instead, people were just freaked out by her. Reiko didn't like it at all. She was starting to see more and more that acting out in public wasn't earning her any respect or adoration by anyone. The only thing she was earning with her actions was resentment and wonders as to why she wasn't in a psychiatric ward. Her eyes started to water. The water on her face could conceal her tears. She wanted to be normal. She wanted to be accepted. Acting a fool was the only acceptance she had never known.

"I said I was sorry! Don't look at me like that! I said I was fucking sorry! I said it! I know I did! You don't have to look at me like that! Stop looking! Stop it! I said stop!" she shouted over and over again. In her head people were pointing and laughing at her. Reiko just wanted to lash out and start hitting people. Her fists were balling up. The more people were laughing at her in her mind the more she just wanted to crack some skulls.

Her face grew more and more bundles of company and companionship in the form of tears. If Reiko couldn't get the love she wanted she'd beat the love out of people. Her tactic wasn't going to work. She knew that. But she had to try. Nothing she tried so far in her life ever worked to be accepted by others. Nobody ever liked Reiko for just being herself because there was no definition of self with Reiko. She had multiple personalities. How can one truthfully find a version of self to hold onto with a mental illness like that?

She was about to start attacking people but then Reiko calmed down. Her softer side kicked in. Even when she was really angry she couldn't bring herself to go on a rampage and hurt innocent people. As much of a con-artist, assault charge carrying and crazy person she was there had to be some good in her. Reiko began to feel ashamed of herself for even thinking of hurting someone who didn't do anything to deserve such treatment from her.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Awakening (Skylar) Cc53927ce7c98755da9fb0e1d5c91be0
Brass
Brass

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Awakening (Skylar) Empty Re: The Awakening (Skylar)

Post by Chellizard September 18th 2012, 4:09 am

Finally back in her home town. Well, almost. Atlanta, Georgia. Close enough to her little neck of the woods. This was her city, though. She had grown up here, and had it memorized like the back of her hand; even though the back of her hand could be ripped off and grow back within seconds of it being damaged, she knew this city a bit better, she guessed.

Her form was clad in a casual set of clothes. Casual why? To keep herself blended into the crowd that was standing just outside the doors of the subway train. She had no need for a mask; her long silver hair was mask enough. It was flowing and curled around of her face, her nostrils flaring slightly out of annoyance while she boarded the train. Her steps were shallow, and almost in sync with the crowd of mindless working drones. It was lunch so people were getting off early, or running errands for their bosses. Some of them were eating as they walked, and nearly spilled a hot coffee on her as she boarded the train.

Instead of speaking, she gracefully avoided the incident with a quick swap of her steps. It broke the perfect marching order and pulled her out of the ranks. Being of military background, Skyler found it funny she would even match this situation to herself being in ranks. They were all nothing compared to her. She had served this god forsaken country, and all she got was a single handed pat on the back. And it was a wimpy pat, too. It was no where near as good as it should have been.

Skyler found herself a near-to-empty car toward the middle of the train. Her target, Draco GiYani, was perched one car ahead of her, a couple goons as his guards. She itched her hand beneath her simple zip hoodie and fondled her dog tags. She had on her corset and skirt beneath her casual wear. Her mid calf combat boots snug on her feet. So, she was somewhat casually dressed. The only casual thing was her over sized hoodie which engulfed her dainty, yet completely in shape, frame.

She had not a care in the world about the people around of her, but she was paying attention to every detail. An old woman near the back of the car was muttering things, and shuffling through her purse, the smell of cheap lipstick and cats clinging to her over sized, short frame. A man, younger, tall and thin was leaned against the cab wall, his head bobbing slightly. His head of dread locks smelled like dirt and grime, but looked somewhat good with his attire; a rasta farian hoodie, beanie, and baggie khaki slacks; not to mention, open toed sandals with socks. They were surprisingly dry. The umbrella hooked on his wrist was a good sign as to why his feet were mainly dry. He must walk softly.

Her eyes peered again to the other lonely souls on this subway car. A couple -- lesbians, perhaps? -- chattering away about their evening; or they were sisters. Who knew? They were awfully close, their heads meshed together to keep their lively conversation as private as this subway car would let it be. Skyler's training in the military, and also her selective hearing let her snoop in on the conversation for a moment, but she quickly butted out. It was talk of how cute a movie was. This was no time to listen of gossip. It was time to take out Draco GiYani.

She stood up, the train screeching to attempt to stop. Had she been on this train that long? She let her mind wander too much, today. She shook her head, her hand finally releasing her dog tags to gently reach beneath the hem of her skirt to grasp her knife. She looked like a cosplayer, which was a good cover, considering there was an Anime convention likely going on somewhere. Plus, this was Atlanta. The weird, true, and freaky lived here, and roamed the streets during the day, and night. They had no fear. They invoked fear and lived by fear. They did not fear, nor could not fear.

The crowd on her car did not budge, but Draco's cab did. The goons formed a two dimensional wall around of Draco, and lead him out. Skyler moved after him, but the crowd was circling around of a girl. Her target was lost in the sea, and she was stick being pushed into the minor circle around of a wet woman screaming about saying she was sorry. Skyler rose a brow, and gave the female a look, her eyes examining the bear for a moment. She looked with a moment of frantic panic, her eyes glaring around in search of Draco. Her target was lost among the sea of lonely souls. She had failed for now. Gritting her teeth, she peeled out of the stupid hoodie and dropped it near the first homeless man she saw.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
The Awakening (Skylar) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass September 18th 2012, 8:41 pm

It would appear that these fluctuations in temper was doing to Reiko was she didn't expect to happen. Sweat fell down the side of her face caused the reaction of two ridden strands of hair to intertwine and stick together as if an adhesive had stricken then. Hey eyes darted towards a woman who presented herself in the fray. No mind was paid to this person. Reiko had seen all kinds of people dressed weirdly. After all, who was she to judge? Her normal get up involved a teddy bear costume. For her to call someone weird she would have to have the same level of hypocrisy as a pot calling a tea kettle black.

"I'm so sick of this terrible city. People who live here are stupid. And we wonder why other countries hate us so much," Reiko said. If there was one thing that was well noted about the hot spots in the United States it was that there was a high sense of pride. In some states like Georgia, New York and especially California just mentioning an insult about said state will invoke violent or verbal conflict. This was the hometown to many who were here. Yet, she didn't care. Reiko was ready to deliver a beating to anybody who was bitter about her comment. The people in Atlanta, even though most were nice, were nothing but annoyances to her. Then again, Reiko didn't like any kind of big city despite the fact that larger destinations have been her home for the better part of her life.

Reiko sat down upon the ground and awaited for another train. The wait would be long. That mode of transportation had a way of taking too much time to arrive. This was supposed to be about convenience and there was nothing about this that was convenient. The train didn't stop for her. So, of course, her opinion of the railing system efficiency would be skewed at best. That didn't give her a reasonable reason to despise an entire city off of one bad experience. She was judging people as if they had something to do with her lack of punctuality.

If she took the time to read the time she would have know that she was a few minutes late. But Reiko expected every train to stop because she wanted them to. Things didn't work that way. She twiddled her thumbs as if every continuing rail was going to cease movement for her despite the estimated time of arrival. Her ticket was already void. Her train wouldn't come. But in her mind she was always expecting service despite common sense.

"I just wanna punch someone in the face," she said. To anybody who knew her personally something else had to be wrong with her. This wasn't the typical bubbly Reiko that gained so many friends. Then again, for every friend she had twice as many enemies. So that same persona had a way of putting a bad taste in someone's mouth. Still, her actions and her words didn't match the crime of being Reiko Li. She didn't just insult random people without a decent enough reason behind it most of the time. Something else was bothering her. A clue would come in the fact that her aura was swirling around her but nobody could possibly notice unless their very being was in tune to these sorts of situations. After all, her energy was unable to be seen.

Something dark was overtaking her. This was the divine comedy that she was facing these days. The more she wanted to change her life in favor of becoming a heroic type of person there was always "it" that would stop her. That thing that gave her power in the first place was starting to become stronger every day. With great power came great weaknesses. Reiko was insane and lacked enough vision where braille was a viable reading option for her. Certainly one would say she had enough weaknesses without a personality that was damn near evil. Well, that damn near portion of the previous assessment was tipping over towards the darker side. Her mind went to bad places. The thought of just thrashing everybody to death filled her mind like a drug that required addiction.

So then why hasn't that thing come out of her yet? What was it waiting on?

The Awakening (Skylar) Cc53927ce7c98755da9fb0e1d5c91be0
Brass
Brass

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 25th 2012, 8:11 pm

(If it's fine with you, I'm going to hang this topic up for a while. I enjoy your posts, but reading walls of text is kind of boring. Razz To grab Skyler's attention better, your character should have threatened either a kid, or an elderly woman.)

-My DeviantArt-
The Awakening (Skylar) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top