The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Huntsman
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:51 am by Arcana

» Fusion Frenzy
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:44 am by Cynical_Aspie

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_voting_barThe cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_voting_barThe cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Arcana
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The cure for boredom (Invite Only)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 Empty Re: The cure for boredom (Invite Only)

Post by Mist July 15th 2012, 11:22 pm

"Only everyone that could hear that super loud roar." she replied from Artemis' question. "When people don't know what something is, they become afraid. Their fear usually makes them react drastically. Makes them choose bad decisions, get dangerous sometimes. The metal beetles are called cars by the way. They're for people who are very busy or lazy. The beetles can move them faster than they can walk on foot.. They are also made by us humans. We're a very smart people, you are too Artemis. You've just lived among animals so you don't understand how things work. If you take the time to get to know our people very well, you won't regret it.

You'll be a very powerful person, and you can do whatever you choose to do with yourself. And I'll bet with you that you will choose to be with all your new friends over being with your pack.'"
she said with a smile. Artemis had a lot of potential, as a friend and as a metahuman. Amy could only guess, but she assumed Artemis was capable of more than just a dinosaur and a dog. If she could transform into such things, she could be powerful enough to save peoples lives. Something that Amy wanted to do with her powers. She quite frequently would hear about the groups of Heroes that would save the world, cities, or even just a single person. If she could accomplish that in life, she thought it would be something worthwhile to pursue.

Safely out of the danger zone that they were previously in, Amy turned to face her newly found acquaintance, Artemis. "Don't tell anyone, but I want to be a Super Hero one day. Saving peoples lives, stopping bad people from doing evil things. It's all just so cool. I'm just not sure if I'm strong enough. I've got pretty good fighting skills. My dad had me trained in all sorts of Martial Arts. But I'm still just very fragile. I think I would die trying." she said, pinching the skin on her arm as a gesture.

"Do you think your powers could be used to save peoples lives too?"

Mist

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 Empty Re: The cure for boredom (Invite Only)

Post by Artemis July 17th 2012, 12:32 am

Artemis keep pace with the girl, who still never introduced herself. Artemis wondered if the girl new that she was talking to a dog. She knew she wasn't a dog, but the other people didn't. She also said a few things she didn't understand. After a bit of running the girl turned to face her. It was at this point that Artemis shifted back to her human form and tied her clothes back on. "What's a super hero?" asked Artemis confused. "Help people? friends? will they be part of my pack if i show dominance over them through 'saving them'?" Amy had also mentioned that she would like being with her 'friends' more then her pack. Artemis doubted that, she planned to return to her pack someday.

She looked at the area they were standing, there were a lot of tall buildings. "Is this your den?"
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mist July 17th 2012, 7:09 pm

"No, nothing like that." She replied shaking her head. "A Super Hero is selfless, they do things to help people who need it. You can't tell me you've never been in a bad situation where you needed or wanted help. You do it out of kindness. For the bad people, they want to hurt others. Good people try to stop those people for the sake of a peaceful world. I want to contribute to something like that. People with special powers like you and I could do stuff like that, but we aren't."

She leaned forward, stretching her calves to balance her body on the arches of her feet. Closing her eyes and breathing the air, she desired a lot more adventure in her life, travelling and seeing places, but had spent several years in the life of being ordinary and learning her school lessons at home. Artemis pointed out some large buildings that New Yorkers were living in, asking if it were her 'den', or home.

"Hnn?" she said, opening an eye to look at the buildings. "No, I live further away. she replied. Her house was a lot more expensive, afterall Nightkill was a multi-millionare. She lived on a lot more secure area of town, rather than areas near alleyways that had guys like they faced earlier.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mist's Profile

The cure for boredom (Invite Only) - Page 2 Mistrevamp4_zps524c2e46
Mist
Mist

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis July 18th 2012, 12:16 am

Artemis dropped down to the ground, cross legged, thinking about a time when she needed help. It took her a few minutes but then she though of a few things. "There was the time my pack found me and took me and the time when a enemy pack tried to invade our territory and i was overwhelmed until my pack showed up." Artemis listed a few more times her pack helped. "Superhero..." said Artemis, turning the word around in her mouth a few times. "I think I met one before, he called himself Pain." A funny face appeared on her as she remembered him. "He prevented me from getting land for my pack and from protecting my lunch."

Last edited by Artemis on July 19th 2012, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mist July 18th 2012, 11:17 pm

"Pain? That's a weird name for a Superhero. Usually they try to prevent pain from others. But that's good you know what its like to need help. Think about people who don't have strength and abilities like you. Don't you think there should be someone to help them? Whenever there are weak people, there are strong people to take advantage of that weakness. It's just how the world works. But if people have the power to stop something, it also gives them responsibility. They should use their powers for good things that will help make the world better." she said, watching her newly found friend trying to piece things together in her meditative state.

Amy herself didn't really know how it would work exactly. She had tried in the past to do small acts of heroism in whatever instances she would get in, but usually she ended up getting hurt. She wished to train to the point where she wouldn't need to rely on others to avoid getting in bad situations. Maybe she was ready, maybe not. She hadn't really tried to take some bad guys down recently. But she didn't have to look far to find them. That alleyway incident was a clear indicator of that much. Perhaps it was her youth that made her pursue such a life, but it was something she needed to get out of her system, if that was even possible.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mist's Profile

Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis July 19th 2012, 11:28 am

"But then how are people going to show there dominance over others and get them to join there pack when people stop them?" asked Artemis innocently. "When i ran into Pain i was trying to get into this really big white building with a lot of guard but he stopped me from going in. I was just trying to get land for my pack but he said the leader in there was weak and even though he wasn't part of his pack he stopped me from trying to claim dominance over him and get the land for my pack." Artemis' head hurt from just thinking about it and she rubbed her head. "I don't get it. Why protect people that aren't park of your pack?" She didn't understand half the things this girl was talking about. "Uh... by the way, what does your pack call you?"
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mist July 22nd 2012, 3:00 pm

"Because we don't have packs, we don't make displays of dominance, or other things like that. We just have people, and we should treat them all as equals. None lesser or greater than ourselves." She said with a smirk. It was somewhat of an intriguing conversation for her, since she hadn't met someone so detached from the human world. In some senses, Artemis was almost like Amy. She was quite detached from a lot of the things going on in the world. As far as pain and suffering went, she was far from all of it. But yet, she knew at least that these things existed.

"My parents named me Amy, I think. At least I like to think so. I never really met my parents, I was orphaned at a young age. I've been looked after by a foster father. Though I was like a 'runt' in your pack, an outcast even, he found me, and took care of me. Made sure I survived in a harsh world. Hopefully I can repay him one day. I guess. He doesn't really need anything I can give him, though." she said with a shrug. "He's pretty wealthy, and I'm not really involved in his work or anything. I guess I still have some learning to do if I want to pay him back somehow. Just not really sure how to do it."

Mist's Profile

Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis July 24th 2012, 11:42 pm

"You're like me? I was left behind by my parents too. Or at least my pack thinks that at least, they don't know they just found me and took me in." said Artemis. The girl who said her pack called her Amy explained a few more things. A lot of the things she said made no sense. "What's wealthy? Oh and what is work? Why would he help you if he wasn't trying add you to his pack!" More question were about to flood out of Artemis' mouth but then a loud roar of thunder came out of no where. Artemis frozen then her eyes darted around for shelter. While they were talking a storm had begun to roll in. Artemis shifted back to her dog form and hid under Amy.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mist July 26th 2012, 12:57 am

"Well, like you might work for food, humans work the same way to get their food and shelter. Except some get more than others. Theres people with a lot, they're wealthy. Then there's the poor who have little to nothing."

"It's a little complicated to explain everything, but that's the simple version. So-"
She was cut off by a thunderous tremor that echoed through New York. A sign of incoming rain that was forecasted earlier. She had heard it before but had forgotten about it til now. Artemis hid under her for shelter. It was looking about that time when she should get back before Mr. Khan noticed she was gone too long anyways.

"Looks like the storm's gonna last a while. I better get going home, Artemis."

Mist's Profile

Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis July 27th 2012, 11:08 pm

Artemis looked up at Amy from under here innocently, slowly wagging her tail. She always could find somewhere to stay till the stormed pasted but from what Amy explain by the strange concept of wealth it must mean her pack is big. She followed Amy, she had her scent so even if she got out of her sight she could follow her. She wanted to meet her pack, Amy must be from a great one if there they were 'wealthy.'

(ooc: sorry it's short)
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mist July 29th 2012, 8:41 pm

While heading towards her home, sudden downpour came down hard on the two young girls. Trying to escape the rain, her quick light feet splashed against the concrete sidewalk towards her home. She hadn't prepared for the weather actually. Once she arrived downtown New York, she quickly stopped at one of the carts on the street that were selling various items to tourists. Grabbing an umbrella that had the nostalgic 'I heart NY" logo on it, she opened it quickly, providing shelter from the rain.

"Whew.." She gave an exhale of relief. All of her hair had been soaked, her bangs hanging in her face. Resting the umbrella on her shoulder, she pulled all her hair back and clasped it in her right hand in the shape of a ponytail. Reaching in her backpack, she pulled out a scrunchie and used it to hold her hair back. She was still very wet, but at least the hair wasn't getting in her eyes. Grabbing some money out of the backpack, she paid the cart salesman a few bills to cover the cost. She could now leisurely take a stroll on towards her house. However, she noticed Artemis was trying to follow her home or something.

"Hey Artemis, you might want to find shelter. I can't have guests at my home today. We'll meet again sometime soon, okay?" she said, forming a smile on her face. She didn't want to be rude, but she did want to get home, dry off, and relax in the stormy weather rather than entertain guests. Plus she wasn't sure if Mr. Khan was home or not ,or how he would feel about it.

Mist's Profile

Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top