The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:52 am by ProwlerKnight

» A Demon In The City of Angels
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Stars over Vegas
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_voting_barA Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Coalition of Minds(Open)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Coalition of Minds(Open)

Post by Dr Barker January 15th 2012, 8:11 pm

The Assassin scoffed, narrowly dodging an array of attacks coming from two sides. But neither of the was his target. If he died it didn't matter. His only task was to kill the crippled one. In the blink of an eye, he had 5 blades hurtling towards the man in the chair. Confined to the device, there was no way he could avoid all of them. He watched balefully, but immidiately after realese, he took one of the blades to the knee, followed by two bullets into his right arm. He feel to the ground, cursing. But his task was done. He heard the satisfying sound of blade piercing flesh. He had hit his target.

Barker watched as his companions assaulted the assassin. They worked in harmony, even though they had only just met. They were the exact sort of people he needed. He turned his chair around, facing the counter that the assassin was ducking behind to avoid gunfire and knives. Barker watched as he quickly jumped up, throwing several knives straight for him. There was no time to react. The chair wasn't fast enough to avoid it. As the assassin was struck down by bullets and blades, he felt the metal pierce his chest. This was no ordinary metal. Otherwise it wouldn't have scratched him.

Dr Barker

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gray Mask January 15th 2012, 9:21 pm

The Gray Mask growled behind his faceplate, the sound menacing, he hurled an electrical net at the man, he could have used a normal one, seeing as how the man was already dispatched, but he wanted him to feel the stab of pain, it was akin to a light taser, he followed up by pulling his handgun out and firing off a spool of wire, wrapping the man up tight in the net.

Before the man hit the ground The Gray Mask was already crouched beside Doctor Barker, with one fluid motion he removed the blade that had pierced the mans chest and held a wad of gauze in its place, but in the moment he had seen the wound it looked odd, almost as if the healing process had started immediately after the blade had pierced his skin, the Mask automatically filed the information away.
The Gray Mask
The Gray Mask

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakka January 16th 2012, 12:46 am

Well, that was certainly impressive; the assassin had actually managed to dodge her attacks. That was no easy feat, considering her enhanced reflexes, senses, and speed; by all rights, if he were normal, he would have been downed already. It was then that she noticed five blades hurtling towards Barker, and there wasn't anything she could do. If she tried to intercept them, probably by shooting at them, that would open her up for possible counterattack from the assassin. She didn't trust Mask enough to keep him occupied while she dealt with the knives.

She could take cover and fire at the knives, but that would take quite a bit of effort, and some memorization that she didn't feel she could do. She'd have to calculate how fast they were going, remember where they were, duck down behind something, and fire blindly out, relying solely on her calculations to figure out where the knives were at; she didn't feel comfortable doing that. Her bullets finally hit the assassin, downing him; but it was too late.

Barker had been hit by the knives, and already Mask was running towards him; she did too. She didn't know much at all about medical procedures, so she simply watched as Mask removed the blade, with a gauze in the other hand. "Uh...pretty sure that ain't normal. I don't think that hurt him much at all." Dakka commented as she stared at the regenerating flesh. Interesting. So it seemed the man held some kind of regenerative power inside himself.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 Dakka10
Dakka
Dakka

Number of posts : 51
Job : Derping
Humor : Sarcasm
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Barker January 16th 2012, 6:22 am

Barker watched unflinchingly as Mask pulled the blade from his chest. It had struck mere centimeters from his heart, deep enough to have pierced it. But as the blade was removed, the wound began to close within a matter of seconds.

A man in my position could never survive my lifestyle without some tricks up his sleeves. I was never in any real danger. Though I am impressed at the harmony with which you two worked together. However, in your haste to check on me, you allowed our assailant to escape.

On the ground, laying in a fresh pool of blood, was a dull knife and a tattered net.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Only one thing is certain in life. Death

Dr. William Barker
A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 X0pbb7
Dr Barker
Dr Barker

Number of posts : 24
Job : Killin bitches
Humor : Dark/Cynical
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gray Mask January 16th 2012, 7:18 pm

The Gray Mask growled, a deep rumble from the bottom of his chest, a bit of spittle hit the inside of his mask as he wheeled around and leaped out of the nearest window without a second thought, as the glass shattered around him his vision clicked into thermal view as he touched down on the hard concrete, he scanned the street and quickly spotted a fast moving character on the nearest rooftop, a quick switch to x-ray view revealed the mans throwing knives, The Gray Mask sprinted at the building, quickly procuring his grappling gun in one hand and his pistol equipped with grappling spool in the other.

He shot the grappling gun at the edge of the building the man was just jumping off of, he pulled, rocketing him through the air, he came up and over the building, detaching the grappling rope. His cape snapped open and his speed allowed him to overshoot the man by a decent margin, he turned sharply in midair, aiming his pistol at the man for he knew the cape was to unruly to actually land atop the man, the pistol unloaded, grappling hook whistling through the air towards the assassin.

In his other hand he clutched another net, another one of the shocking variety, even if he missed with eh grappling hook he'd still be in the perfect position to snag the man in the net, and with this thought he released, throwing it wide to the side and blocking off the mans escape path.
The Gray Mask
The Gray Mask

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakka January 16th 2012, 10:10 pm

It wasn't as if she was just going to ignore the almost dying man. Despite her renegade instincts, she couldn't bring herself to do something like that. Besides, from what she had seen so far, Barker was a brilliant man, and she had to admit, she had been a bit curious to see if he had survived. She didn't think someone of his intellect would have come up with no way to defend himself against an attack, after all. Not when he was so immobile. A moment after Barker had informed them that the assassin had got away, Mask had went and left. She soon headed out into the streets herself, only to spot Mask going up onto the rooftop a moment later with some kind of grappling hook. A grappling hook; one of those would be useful for her right then. Deciding not to complain about it, the girl quickly ducked into the alleys and searched; ah yes, there one was!

A fire escape. It didn't take too much effort to jump up to it, not with the increased speed she had, and thus, the increased height; a moment later she was clambering up it, and soon found herself on the rooftops. She quickly glanced around and spotted Mask right nearby, with the assassin pretty much trapped. She moved fast, trying her best to get behind the assassin so he couldn't retreat back the way he came either; she once more had her pistols pointed at him, completely focused now, unlike back in the French Quarter. If he tried to flee, she wouldn't hesitate to again shoot his arms and legs, to paralyze him.

However, she thought Mask had the situation pretty well handled; if the grappling hook missed for whatever reason, there was still the net that was rushing towards the assassin. To be on the safe side, she fired just a few shots off at the assassin, to make it more difficult; it was much more difficult to dodge several small bullets and a large net than it was to just dodge a large net.

A Coalition of Minds(Open) - Page 2 Dakka10
Dakka
Dakka

Number of posts : 51
Job : Derping
Humor : Sarcasm
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top