The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Picnic in the park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Picnic in the park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Picnic in the park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Picnic in the park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Picnic in the park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Picnic in the park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Picnic in the park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Picnic in the park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Picnic in the park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Picnic in the park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Picnic in the park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Picnic in the park - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Picnic in the park

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Picnic in the park - Page 2 Empty Re: Picnic in the park

Post by Bones October 10th 2011, 11:23 pm

Bones smiled softly at Leo. He was proud of the sabre tooth as it slunk down to the ground and protected Aurora like any good friend should. He reached down slightly, his bone fingers brushing through the thick fur between it's ears, his eyes locked firmly on Croc as he did it. Maybe it was an intimidation move, or maybe it was an actual expression of affection, but his empty eyes were locked firmly on the damn mutated crocodile. But his hand was snatched up by Aurora, who squeezed and tugged him down lightly. He kept his eyes on the Croc as he descended. But he didn't sit, instead he crouched low. His pelvis almost rest on the back of his ankles as he placed his elbows on his knobbly knees. Like this, he was ready to push forward and back at the drop of hat, simply using the momentum of his body to achieve what he wanted.

Down came Croc, who seemed to decide it was a good idea to mimic his own actions and prepare his body just in case a pin dropped and they were suddenly in the middle of a fight. He shook his head as Reginald began to talk, his jaw coming up to gently grind against the upper one. ”Did I ever tell you the joke about the pair of Crocodile boots? You look familiar with it.” The joke was one of his lamer ones, and he'd probably use it more than once with Reggie, but he liked to remind him that no matter how hard he tried to pretend to be the sweet charming business man, he was still a monster. Just like Bones.

When he made the comment about the African, Bones hands clench firmly, the gloves making a little squeaking sound as he did. That meant he was going to have to search through the missing persons of the entire city now, for any African people that had gone missing. If they had, he'd have to talk to some of his friends at the Precinct whom he had told about most of their exploits. And then the grinning crocodile brought up a scene from many of Bones dreams. ”I found what you left me to find, Reggie.” He looked up slowly, eyes on the face of Reginald. ”I've got a tank all set for you.” The threat was vague sounding to Aurora, but to Croc it was a reminder of a promise Bones made as he made a retreat. One day, Frankie Brokedell would seal Gentleman Croc in a reinforced glass case. It would be Croc's permanent cell.

Bones
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs October 14th 2011, 3:15 am

Aurora was lost with this kind of conversation. She knew they were speaking about their past in some code-like way and she wasn't sure it wasn't a nice kind of banter. In face it made her skin prickle slightly with goose bumps. She glanced slightly away from the Crocodile to look at Frankie and try and get some sort of idea from the look on his face. He looked tense and uneasy which immediately made her feel on edge too. She ran a hand through her auburn hair and took one of the flowers which often grew in her hair out and gently put it on the ground beside her where it sunk into the ground with a little magic and grew to a full bloom. Pleased with her work she decided to answer the question.
"For about a year now," her voice wasn't as soft had it been, a little firmer perhaps. "We have the same... circle of friends," Aurora glanced up at the Crocodile and then raised an eyebrow. "I hope you're not planning to put him in that tank Bones," she glanced to her friend then with a slight disapproving frown. She didn't like bad guys but she wasn't sure on this guy, and even then he was still a creature, just like the Minotaur had been before he was murdered.

Leo seemed pleased the little dryad had picked up on the tension between the two males and his tail flicked from side to side in a lazy manner, a low purr rumbling in his throat from the petting Bones was giving him. He rested his large head on Aurora's lap and flicked his ears to and fro, listening to any other sounds which may have been a threat.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cowboy October 17th 2011, 3:38 pm

The crocodile man let out a low rumble of a laugh that felt as though it could have shaken the sturdy buildings of Los Angles off their foundation. He looked innocently, though the anger would be clear to the weak pile of bones, at Franklin as he said in return, “I have already had my tank made Franklin. You should come by sometime and witness it for yourself, I’ve had the bottom cleaned of all ivory.” Reginald’s words were a threat and a fairly clear one for anyone that knew him, given the typical piles of human bones that normally littered the bottom as a clear sign to anyone that saw it.

Looking to the girl that accompanied Franklin, Reginald said in another falsely upbeat tone, “One year? You have known Franklin for quite some time then.” Now Reginald was truly impressed, Franklin had never appeared to be the type of person to lay down roots, and given that the crocodile had never exactly been the best of friends with the bag of bones. “Franklin has never exactly been the type to stick around for that long,” the crocodile man spoke what he believed to be true words and since he had gone to some extremes to attempt to know as much about Franklin as possible he felt he was a good person to answer the question. “And pay no mind to what Franklin says about a tank, we simply like to give one another a hard time,” Reginald then flashed another toothy grin at the two.

Reginald then looked to the surrounding park and the people that played in it, casting them a sad look. “I will tell you what my next venture will be, Franklin and delightful friend,” Standing so that he could emphasize his point with his hands, “All of this park will be turned into a school of the learning disabled.” As he spoke he moved his hands in elaborate ways as though he actually cared about what he said but that was really to draw attention away from his real intention, which was to simply get rid of the park. The park had for a long time been an eyesore to the crocodile man. Always reminding Reginald that he would never be accepted into mainstream society, he simply wanted to get rid of it so that he could build a private school for the wealthy.

By taking multiple short cuts in building the school and hiring cheap and under qualified staff Reginald could save a lot of money and earn more than a pretty penny at the end of the day. After a few years of the disgusting nature of the school it would most likely burn to the ground, although only after it had paid for itself, and something else would be made. Most likely an office complex, people would protest a park being torn down to make way for something like a parking garage but it would be harder to protest in favor of a school for the disabled. In the long run Gentleman Crocodile always got exactly what he wanted.
The Cowboy
The Cowboy
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones October 20th 2011, 7:36 pm

Bones shoulders slumped slightly as Aurora chastised him. He turned his head towards the Innocent Dryad and smiled softly, gently grinding a corner of his jaw in a small, embarrassed sheepish fashion. She was breaking the tension that he was trying to build in a effort to push the Crocodile away from them. After all, Bones had always been the one to expose the cowardly blue blooded part of Reginald. But he couldn't apply that pressure on the Gentleman's scales with Aurora there. Instead, he simply turned his head back towards Gentleman Crocodile and squared up his shoulders again, practically glaring at the Reptile as it talked about it's own tank. It's going to be impossible to find out where he's hid those bones. He's probably dumped a ton of concrete on top of them. He mused gloomily. However he added it to the list of things he'd have to investigate later on. Possible construction around the area.

But the skeleton winced as he watched Reggie look around the park. The way he did that always put Bones on edge, because his eyes held the same disinterested but predatory look that Croc's in the wild had, on Television. Frankie some times mused that one day he was going to slide down to his his stomach and crawl along, hissing in the back of his throat. That one day, Reginald's fake grasp of humanity was going to melt away and all that would be left would be a predator.

When he brought up the disabled school though, Bones snorted immediately. It was a small sound but he blinked after he made it and moved his free hand to his hat, adjusting it slightly and looking crookedly at Reginald. ”A school for the Disabled huh?” He said softly, looking around the park. ”See, that's pretty funny. I've always figured this park was protected from being developed on because of a rather rare bat living in the abandoned sewer pipes, in that little woodland over there.” The skeleton jerked a thumb over his shoulder, before he faulted and looked at Aurora. Because he said that she'd want to go to see them now, probably.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Picnic in the park - Page 2 2cem8ad
Spoiler:
Bones
Bones
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 139
Job : Flatfoot
Humor : Dingy
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs October 21st 2011, 3:03 am

Aurora was not impressed. A school for the disabled?! This park was a home for millions! Plants, animals, people (meaning the old beggar who slept on the park bench at night under a newspaper). This was someone's home - the trees that swayed in the breeze cried their warnings to their fellow sister whose hands clenched into fists. She was not going to let him do this to the only park for miles around in this area of America. People needed this park, they needed the wildlife here. She glanced towards one of the families, the children playing and she shook her head in annoyance.
"You're not demolishing this park," she said rather firmly. When Aurora meant something she had the weight of the Earth on her side. With her words the park life stilled in an unnatural way, every plant, rock, creature, was tuned in in such an odd way they could not explain. The Earthen power that rested in each and everyone was humming with anticipation.
"This is a home to many," she said again in her rather firm voice. The tips of her fingers, curled into her fists were itching with a power of old. "You can build a school for the disabled somewhere else, there's plenty of abandoned buildings you can use," her eyebrows knitted together.

Leo did not like the way Aurora spoke. It made his fur stand up on end and he pressed his belly to the ground in an attempt to get closer to the Earth and away from the anger that lay beneath the Dyrads cool, calm words. However, the Earth was a buzz with this idea of being confined in cement. It too was as angry as the Dyrad speaking on behalf of it. His ears did however perk up at the idea of bats. He liked bats. Chasing bats. They were quite tasty as well. He wagged his tail slowly to and fro and licked his large lips, ears perked forward as he watched Bones, ready to follow.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top