The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) Empty Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP)

Post by Guest April 24th 2011, 11:46 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Gonner
Title: (What sometimes people call you, for example, Spiderman gets called Webhead, or Pain gets called Scarface. Or something proper like, Thor The Mighty Son of Odin. What ever you want, just don't be stupid...): None at the moment.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Chinese-American human.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Height: 5'11
Weight:175 lbs

Costume Description/Image: Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) Jin

Personality: He's insane. He is truly and utterly insane. When he discovered his powers, his view of looking at the world was shattered. He understands, more than anyone, the true nature of the universe he lives in, and this knowledge has broken him. He's a basically nice and hard-working person, but after the accident he quit his job and his life in general, and is now wandering around the Earth, doing what good he can for people. He's a depressive due to the knowledge he had received, and believes life has no real meaning. Spends a lot of time high for this purpose.

History: Alex was born to Chinese immigrants to the USA in 2004. He was an exceptionally intelligent student, fulfilling his destiny as Asian nerd. He graduated high school a year early, and went to Stanford U. There, he met Professor Harrison, a teacher at Stanford studying the radical new field of superhuman genetics. Chen quickly became Harrison's best student, and became an paid intern for Harrison. They began working on a project that would be able to simulate superpowers in people, and enhance intelligence.

Then funding for the project was threatened to be abruptly cut off. Harrison and Chen were given a short period of time to quickly show some results, or the project would be discontinued. Desperate, Chen pleaded with Harrison to implant V23 (The name of the experimental virus Chen and Harrison had made) into his own body. After the virus was injected into Chen, he went into a six hour coma. Just as Harrison was about to alert doctors and police, Chen suddenly woke up and laughed.

Harrison: Chen, Chen? Are you alright?
Chen: How long was I out? *Giggle*
Harrison (worried): Six hours. Alex, what's wrong?
Chen: *Laugh* Six hours? Six hours? That's all? Physically, sure, Harry, but mentally...It's longer than you think, Harry! Longer than you think!!

Chen was interviewed by many psychologists and eventually declared insane. Harrison turned himself into jail, immensely guilty over what he had done, and nearly killed himself in jail before being stopped by police. Chen was not committed to a loony bin due to his pleading, and eventually allowed to roam free after it was deduced he wasn't violent. The money his family possessed helped.

Left to roam the Earth, Chen did just that. He never mentioned to anyone just what he saw when in a coma.

He also didn't mention the powers he got.

You see, the multiverse as we know it is Inside. But there are beings that are Outside. Beings that would make Cthulhu shit himself in fear. Some are weaker than ants, some are stronger than gods. Somehow V23 had broken the barrier in Chen's mind between Inside and Outside. Time works differently Outside than it does Inside. Mentally, Chen spent decades Outside, driving him to the brink of sanity. What exactly did he see Outside? Use your imagination. It's scarier than anything I can come up with.

Powers:

Telepathy: Can communicate telepathically.

Telekinesis: The happy ability to move stuff-including himself- with his mind.

Flying: Chen believes he can fly. Well, he can levitate himself with telekinesis, so it's pseudo-flight.

Teleportation through portals: Through concentration, Chen can create portals that will take him and others to another place instantly. It takes time to use, and he must focus, making it useless during a fight.

Inside-Outside sensor: A useless trait outside of quests. Chen can tell the difference between beings who are Insiders and beings who are Outsiders, no matter how disguised the Outsider is.

Power Grid:
Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) Alexanderb

Character Image/Description: If description please be very detailed on it.

Roleplay Sample: (If new or new character)

Last edited by Nightkill on April 27th 2011, 12:20 am; edited 6 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) Empty Re: Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP)

Post by Bliss April 24th 2011, 11:50 pm

Nice, he's kind of like a Phineas Gage/Psycho Pirate. I like that a lot.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 25th 2011, 12:49 am

Nearly done, just have to find pictures and fine-tune some stuff. Check out how it is so far.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss April 25th 2011, 1:16 am

Quick question: Fo Realz Yo?

You can't break the fourth wall, even though it would be amazing, and you can't read minds in an invasive manner. The personality and history are great though.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 25th 2011, 1:23 am

I can't break the fourth wall?
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Why not?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie April 25th 2011, 1:43 am

So good.

but can not be.

Sad

i sorry, mi love.

Alexander Chen, Gonner, (WIP) Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 25th 2011, 7:29 pm

I'll see if I can edit this around, or make a new app. Sad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 26th 2011, 12:33 am

Making a new app, but it also will use mind reading.

What's the difference between invasive mind reading and regular mind reading?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss April 26th 2011, 12:35 am

Invasive means you can read minds of others that don't want you to. Telepathy lets you speak to people in their minds, and if they are willing to you can read their thoughts.

That's the only way mind reading is allowed, otherwise it's metagaming.

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 26th 2011, 12:37 am

But what's the point of reading minds of people who want you to? Isn't mind reading for reading minds to find stuff people don't want you to see?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss April 26th 2011, 12:50 am

It is a broken mechanic because it allows metagaming. That enough puts it down.

But...

For mechanics everyone would need to write out everything they are thinking; if they left anything to themselves you would be able to say that you should have known something because of your telepathy. It has too many flawed mechanics in an rp, and it gives you a metagame advantage that is not fair.

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 26th 2011, 12:51 am

Alright then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 26th 2011, 9:30 pm

App undergoing heavy edits.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 26th 2011, 11:09 pm

Up for re-approval.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 26th 2011, 11:57 pm

Picture added, app completed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top