The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Vestments of Mars I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Vestments of Mars I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Vestments of Mars I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Vestments of Mars I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Vestments of Mars I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Vestments of Mars I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Vestments of Mars I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Vestments of Mars I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Vestments of Mars I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Vestments of Mars I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Vestments of Mars I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Vestments of Mars I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Vestments of Mars

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vestments of Mars Empty Vestments of Mars

Post by Coffinhunter November 23rd 2010, 11:29 am

* Although I have yet to claim them, they would be my character's sole purpose of attaining. I already have the Gladius sword as it was past down through my family.

Name:Sword of Mars (owned by The Centurion)
Abilities: This blade is rumored to be the actual sword the Roman God of War used. It is as close to unbreakable as something existing on the mortal plane can get.. Although it appears to be made of ordinary metals, it can cut through steel and stone as long as the appropriate amount of force is applied.
Description: This is an ornate and ancient Gladius sword. It has a gold hilt inscribed with the symbol of Mars (A circle with an arrow protruding from it's 2 o'clock position, now associated with the male symbol of fertility). It's blade is medium length and thick. It has a canal that runs it's length which is purposed for blood loss to it's victim.

Name:Shield of Vulcan (currently owned by a super villain)
Abilities:The shield is unbreakable .. It is perfectly balanced and can be thrown as a weapon, magically returning to it's owner.
Description: This highly polished bronze shield is as ornate as the other vestments of Mars and is covered in magnificent almost indistinguishable filigree that make up the iconic symbol of Mars. It's interior is made up of a hand hold and arm brace.

Name:Spear of Destiny(where abouts unknown)
Abilities: The spear can of course be used as a weapon but it's main function is it's ability to bless it wielder with foresight and magical omen that make them undefeatable in battle. But only if being held by the user, removal from the wielder's grasp negates all abilities.
Description: This is rumored to be the very spear that that Roman Centurion Pontius Pilate used to pierce the side of the crucified Jesus Christ. It is 10 ft. in length and is tipped with a permanently blood stained blade.

Last edited by Coffinhunter on November 24th 2010, 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : staff request)
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 391
Job : Tattoo Artist/professional writer
Humor : smart
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Vestments of Mars Empty Re: Vestments of Mars

Post by Guest November 23rd 2010, 1:21 pm

The shield seems a bit overpowered.

This reminds me of something, I believe Yugioh-related.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter November 23rd 2010, 1:24 pm

I can assure you that I am far too old to get that reference...but in any case are their some recommendations that you could offer so that the shield might pass your inspection.

p.s I wouldn't have guessed it was the shield that would draw attention....the spear is what I thought might be frowned upon.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Spartan
Vestments of Mars SpartanPG

The Samaritan
Vestments of Mars Burppy

Tesla\\\'s Doll
Vestments of Mars Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 23rd 2010, 1:28 pm

Lol, I just saw the spear. It also seems rather overpowered.

Look, the shield can prevent any harm at all to the person, and the spear can pretty much make them kill God. I'll post some suggestions later.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter November 23rd 2010, 2:02 pm

as I said the latter two items are not in my possession...I would be questing after them. The point being that once my character gets them back He would finally become complete and resume his mantle as the God of War....I could be questing after them for years.... The shield is in a villains possession right now, that villain could be and uber powerful despot you could imagine or that already exists. The spear, nobody even knows where or if it exists. So it's not like I would be equipping either of these things any time soon anyway, I just figured that they should reflect vestments of a deity in both power and prestige.

But as always the choice is up to you moderators not me, and I will adhere to what ever judgment is passed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Spartan

The Samaritan
Vestments of Mars Burppy

Tesla\\\'s Doll
Vestments of Mars Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 23rd 2010, 2:13 pm

I'm not a mod/admin. Razz Sad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Havok November 23rd 2010, 2:27 pm

I'm not a mod/admin either, but off the bat I see a couple of problems.

For one, your sword. To make it unbreakable and have it able to cut through anything seems far too OP to me. With a lvl 6 strength you would just tear through anything, making it OP.

Second, a shield that can redirect any attack and can't be destroyed? That is frankly too strong for use, even if you have to go on a quest with an NPC were you are almost sure to win...
Another thing, to be able to make anyone do anything without their permission is against the rules (The vain thing) and won't be allowed (As far as I'm aware).

Lastly, a spear that makes wounds that can't heal seems OP to me as even minor wounds has the potential to bleed them to death. Foresight is another thing that isn't allowed as it would be considered Rigged.
Havok
Havok
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter November 23rd 2010, 2:30 pm

well then we will have to see what the admins say, If they agree I will gladly edit it...well maybe not gladly...but the edit would be made.

The Spartan

The Samaritan
Vestments of Mars Burppy

Tesla\\\'s Doll
Vestments of Mars Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist November 23rd 2010, 5:04 pm

Gay to the spear, gay to the shield, gay to the sword. Mainly because you have a vorpal blade, which almost every sword user has, plus an impervious mirror shield, plus that spear. You really need to pick not have all.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter November 23rd 2010, 5:45 pm

I only have the sword....The others would be goals to attain. I can assure you that the sword holds no magical enchantments for the specific purpose of taking heads. It is simply unblemishable... The other two vestments as I explained earlier in this post, wouldn't even be obtainable for some time to come. You would decide who possesses the shield and the location of the Spear.

The Spartan

The Samaritan
Vestments of Mars Burppy

Tesla\\\'s Doll
Vestments of Mars Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 23rd 2010, 6:49 pm

It's a bit of an oxymoron to have a sword that can cut through anything, and an indestructible shield. If they clash, what exactly happens? The problem with things like these is that everyone wants their items and armor to be indestructible and potent, and most people have to settle with being made of tempered carbon steel, or a similar heavy metal.

I can see why you would want something like this though. Your character is supposed to be blessed by the gods. Example, Perseus was given an Adamantine Sword by the god Zeus, and Athena gave him a "polished shield". While these were both blessed weapons, I wouldn't say either are indestructible. Instead of giving up, try to settle for second best, and give everyone a fair shot.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 23rd 2010, 6:57 pm

You're better at this mod stuff than I am. Razz

You been a mod on some other site?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter November 23rd 2010, 7:09 pm

alright I edited it ...I just like to restate that I do not have the spear and shield. I have the sword...And approving these items would not result in them magically appearing in my possession. They would be long range quests and I have no doubt that anyone that read the trials I am willing to go through to obtain these items, wouldn't say I didn't earn them by the end of it. I would also add that as you will all see, I am a very responsible RPer and as you will see any trust bestowed upon me wouldn't be regretted.

Finally on a side note. I recently read another fresh faced RPer attempt to circumvent the Item application section by tagging his own little super powered sword on to his character. I find it hard to believe that controlling and creating multiple elemental forces is all fine and dandy even though it has little to do with his character core archetype just because he wanted to up the amount of outlandish crap he could do and yet I am here defending myself on a well thought out story appropriate items that I don't even possess yet. I warn you from experience, this sort of nepotism never breeds good character development, instead only hampers it .

The Spartan

The Samaritan
Vestments of Mars Burppy

Tesla\\\'s Doll
Vestments of Mars Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 23rd 2010, 7:11 pm

It seems better now. I also didn't like Hess's swords, and advised Toby against it. Wait for an admin to approve.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter November 23rd 2010, 7:27 pm

awaiting approval

The Spartan

The Samaritan
Vestments of Mars Burppy

Tesla\\\'s Doll
Vestments of Mars Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top