The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:52 am by ProwlerKnight

» A Demon In The City of Angels
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Stars over Vegas
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_vote_lcapIt's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_voting_barIt's A FunFest! (Monarch) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

It's A FunFest! (Monarch)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's A FunFest! (Monarch) Empty It's A FunFest! (Monarch)

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 15th 2019, 4:54 pm

Or at least it would be if anyone bothered to show up.

"California is okay." The little shop manager with the demon sword looked over the festival grounds. Erica wore a black skirt with a pink shirt, but the main focus was strapped to her back with spectral flames coming from the back. "It's not New York or Hong Kong."

"Is that where you're from?" Danny gave her a side eye glance while she looked over the empty fairgrounds. She came for the thought of a mystery, but stayed for the full realization of the wrongness of the event. She wore a pair of jeans and white shirt. Nothing special, but nothing special was supposed to happen today. "I just figured you were- well, it doesn't matter. What matters is finding out what happened here and why its connected with- um, other things?"

"Great plan. Not vague or directionless at all." The third member crossed her arms and leered over the empty rides and game booths about the area. Bliss pulled her hair back into a short ponytail, letting it hang down just enough to touch the back of her sweatshirt. It ran down to a pair of jeans, but with Bliss' technology, it could nanoform into any form she wanted. A useful technique, but Bliss would ultimately use it for vanity to serve herself. "How about we see if that sword- by the way, how did you get that through airport security?"

"With a lot of awkward looks." Erica kept her gaze towards the ferris wheel with not a hint of irony.

Bliss rolled her eyes. "And, you know how to use it?"

"More or less."

"Which one is it?" Danny took her eyes off the fair to glance at Erica.

A bob of the head came from Erica. "I already put it down as a useful skill on my resume."

"Great. Less. Anyways, let's see what that sword can tell us. Or, Danny's dumb bracelet. Or, anything, so I can go home." Even Bliss' sigh blew cold.

The trio stepped off the hill and began making their way down towards the fairgrounds, sticking to the main pathway leading to the rollercoaster for now.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) Giphy

Danny's Partners (Tsukimi, Tori, and Abby)

The Dress Shoppe Danny Stole From Bliss
Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

It's A FunFest! (Monarch) Empty Re: It's A FunFest! (Monarch)

Post by Puglife43vr June 15th 2019, 5:06 pm

Suddenly, screams would erupt from the city as explosions go off. Buildings would be seen in the distance, crumbling. A crown would appear in the sky, hovering over the city...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
It's A FunFest! (Monarch) HRN5OeL
Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "What would you do... For a Klondike bar?"

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2018-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 15th 2019, 5:23 pm

The movement into the fair remained quiet enough for the three women to not talk to each other in perfect bliss. Erica peaked in on a shooting gallery, the gun laying on the ground with the a shot in one of the targets. Bliss looked at the entrance to the haunted house, feeling it was creepier with no noise. And, Danny looked at the ferris wheel, with one of the carts still swinging.

"It doesn't make a whole lot of sense." Danny stopped and turned back to the group. "We should hear something. Talking, running, screaming. Some-"

And then the screams came.

"Careful what you wish for." Erica put her hand on the sword, but did not draw it yet.

"Way to go Tamamoa." Ice began to form around Bliss' arms and hands as she moved through the festival to try to find her way to the smoldering buildings. "We need to get the buildings under control. Danny, do the turquoise thing. I'll get ice up. Erica, you're useless, so try to find a first aid kit or something."

Erica's eyebrows grew as sharp as the blade on her back at the remark, but began to look around for a first aid station while Danny and Bliss moved towards the buildings.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr June 15th 2019, 5:32 pm

As they moved toward the buildings, they notice the buildings shift and glitch. The structures are a lot closer than they should be. They would hear the explosions coming from around them rather than just from the 'buildings'. The group would see speakers planted around them. There's a large machine off to the side, slamming into the ground, creating massive vibrations.

And as they finally put everything together, Monarch's glider sails overhead, dropping real explosives on them. Two of them. The 20 foot radius type. But he's not alone. 2 other gliders follow him in a triangular formation. Their riders are in bodily vests and skull masks. They both have jester hats on their heads.

"Jesters! Entertain me."

The Jesters would fly down low and begin juggling grenades while on the gliders.

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 15th 2019, 6:19 pm

Before the illusion could part, Bliss and Danny put enough of their powers into the frame of the illusions to begin the formation of- a facade. And, another. And, another. Bliss stepped back with her hands still chilled, but not frozen. Her demeanor shifted to a more fiery approach.

"Oh not this guy again!" Danny released her constructs and began to try to construct a low bridge to try and knock Monarch down- or at least obstruct his flight trajectory over the two of them. Then, he brought friends. "He has friends this time!"

Two bogies from above with jester spiked hats began to move to dive bomb Bliss and Danny. Remembering the bombs from last time, Danny moved away from Bliss to try and force the duo to split up. An intense explosion rocked her back from her diversion point, making her path nigh. "Gotta do everything." A turquoise step would appear in front of her, followed by another, and so on.

After climbing ten stairs to get her off the ground, Danny would leap with a formed crossbow coming to her arm. Her initial task would be trying to get on the glider. If that failed she would try to fire a lasso from the crossbow to pull the jester from the glider and to the ground.

On Bliss' front, bomb after bomb destroyed her ice, knocking Bliss to the ground. Two more bombs rattled the ground, causing Bliss to revert to freezing herself in place to prevent the worst of the blast. The bombs provided just enough impact to shatter the shell, but not enough to shatter Bliss. A good trade.

"See how you like it." Moving past ice, Bliss went back to her old telekinesis. Grabbing a chace of grenades on one of the gliders, Bliss focused on detonating one of them while the glider was still in the air.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr June 15th 2019, 6:31 pm

The attempt at making a low bridge was a failure as Monarch flew under it and pulled back around toward Danny. The jester she aims for gets hit with the lasso but breaks free, still holding onto the cable. He dangles her several hundreds of feet over the ground. Monarch uses heat based seeker missiles on Danny, firing 4 of the sleek rockets at her as she dangles. The air based attacker is out for blood. Danny had actually managed to scare Monarch off last time. Though he didn't want to admit it, it was true. But he wouldn't let that happen again.

"You won't land a hit on me this time, brat!"

And over to the other Jester. As he's flying, he notices one of the grenades rattling as it suddenly explodes, setting off the other grenades on the glider, causing a massive chain reaction. The area shakes with the explosive force of the explosion. As the smoke clears, there is nothing left. Not a piece of scrap metal, not a grenade shell, nothing. She wiped the man out of existence!

"Woah, there! I thought I was supposed to be the psycho murderer! Yeesh, you guys must be quite used to this killing stuff. You're pros! But not as good as me."

Police sirens are heard in the distance. They're coming. A lot of them.

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 15th 2019, 6:56 pm

"Jesus, Bliss!" Right now Danny had more difficult encounters than Bliss making someone explode, but she still wanted to get her emotion out there. "I know they're dropping bombs, but a little more hero."

"Fine, I won't blow up the guy about to drop you from several hundred feet in the air." The shout of Bliss' voice getting progressively louder as he got further away. "Hey! Will you please put my friend down safely?! Please and thank you! X-O-X-O."

"We're more of business acquaintanceship!" Danny began constructing a turquoise slide a few meters in front of her.

"Go ahead and drop her then!" Just in case, Bliss prepared to telekinetically get Danny out of harm.

Danny released the construct dropping and hitting the edge of a slide. She began picking up momentum at a rate where constructing the slide on the go became problematic. More so once a missile struck a bridge just below her. Now in freefall, Danny conjured a turquoise bar, but merely hit it on the way down. She tried again with a longer piece, but only managed to bruise her thigh. With less than one hundred feet to go, Danny's speed became a precarious situation.

Two missiles burst in the air as shard of ice impaled them. One more continued to follow Danny as she hit a bridge of ice sliding down the remainder of the way. Another shard of ice tried to impale it, but failed. A second as Danny- and the missile grew closer. At this range, telekinesis would just make the missile explode dangerously close.

But, it could make it explode at a dangerously maybe midrange location.

Bliss focused on the missile.

Danny hit the ground.

The missile flew past Danny and Bliss towards the open air, but hit the haunted house behind them. The blast rang out, sending Bliss and Danny to the ground, disoriented.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr June 15th 2019, 7:03 pm

"Why are you brats so slippery?! I'll win no matter what, what's the point of fighting back? Oh look, the police are here!"

Monarch fires a few more missiles off as the police come into view. A long stream of squad cars pull into the fairground as they whip out handguns, ARs and shotguns. There are dozens of them!

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 15th 2019, 7:15 pm

Bliss shook her head, trying to get her bearings. The yelling from above did her well to remind her of where danger would come from and where she needed to put herself, but other sounds also began to invade the picture as well. "They're in danger. Gotta help!"

Bliss began to run over towards the flashing lights, creating a barrier to block the rain of grenades from the squad cars, but leaving herself open as she built the defense. The ice hardened enough to create jagged peaks at the top to try to detonate the bombs from more of a distance making the blast less impactful.

While Bliss put up her defense of the squad cars and police, Danny picked herself up off the ground. Her thighs were sore and her hips were probably bruised, but it did not matter. She needed back in the fight. If Bliss wanted to finally show some heroism, Danny needed to make sure it would succeed. Maybe if Bliss did not get blown up, it might help her be more helpful to people.

Turquoise constructs would try to deflect the bombing runs against Bliss while Danny tried to fire a large, blunt ballista bolt to try and ground the glider with the other jester.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr June 15th 2019, 9:34 pm

"Miss, we're not just cannons fodder, let us into the fight and take down these barriers. If you don't, we'll charge you with interfering in police matters!"

The police officer at the lead barks orders at Bliss with the barrier. They need to get into the fight to actually show the city they have a use.

Monarch fires off 5 heat seekers at Bliss as she is open.

"You slimy rat girl. I've used thousands of dollars in ballistics to kill a PEASANT! Now I'll see how slippery your friend is against heat seekers! Make me any angrier and I'll have to find your house and do the same thing I did to the exhibit hall there!"

He watches as a ballista bolt hits the jester who was flying too low, the bolt pushing itself into his throat under the skull mask. He goes limp and subsequently, the glider careend toward the ground crashing. The grenades would go off as it crash lands, detonating on the ice barrier.

As soon as there's an opportunity, police units would attempt to get through the barrier and into the fight.

Monarch would keep circling above. While Danny is distracted by the other Jester, and protecting Bliss, another round of missiles fly at Danny.

"You can create surfaces with your brain or whatever, big whoop. Why are you so hard to kill! Gah! Once I'm in control, you metas will be locked up!"

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 15th 2019, 11:41 pm

Bliss caught an out of control glider out of the corner of her eye. No reason to keep him from getting out of the fight. "Go home, other guy, you're drunk." And, then the cops started complaining to Bliss. A conflict between Bliss and the police happened quite often- as did conflict between Bliss and people who told Bliss either to do things or not to do things. Both were terrible, but Bliss needed to deal with the more terrible of the group right now.

"Did that one guy crash into the ice?" Danny kept her focus on Monarch, anticipating his next move- all five of them. Danny loaded a a few turquoise cannons on the ground, pointing towards the incoming missiles and putting up a flak field to intercept the missiles. And intercept they did. Three of them.

"Who cares? He was dropping bombs on people. Then he blew up because of the bombs he was dropping. Good riddance." Wanting to get rid Monarch's flying ability, Bliss unleashed a flurry of ice towards Monarch's glider.

While the ice would continue to spread all through the air, Bliss would take her time to work with law enforcement. She began transmuting the ice barrier into a blizzard to encompass the fair ground with enough cold to freeze the glider.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr June 16th 2019, 7:33 am

Monarch's glider evades the flurry of ice with a few rolls through the air. Then he saw the swirling of the clouds as a blizzard appeared.

"California? Blizzards? You have the wrong climate, brat. But I'll surrender anyway."

He flies over the barrier and down to the ground with his hands up.

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 16th 2019, 3:48 pm

It did not take long for Bliss to make things unbearable. Whether or not the police took kindly to the change in weather barely registered a care with Bliss, but the change in Monarch's behavior did bring a change in her demeanor. "Cool. I did everything, so everyone remember that. Now, time to freeze this guy and let's go."

"I doubt it's that easy." Danny would conjure a pair of turquoise shackles on Monarch. "He isn't the give up type. Sir Delusions of Grandeur is more about the power. Surrendering isn't power."

"I don't really think it over that much." Bliss would want to take more control of the situation by freezing Monarch in a block of ice that would begin forming around his ankles and would slowly move up to complete encase him below the nose. "He can thaw out somewhere nice. Like a meta prison. Or one of those underwater cells."

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr June 16th 2019, 4:03 pm

"Not so fast, misses."

The police officers surround the two from all sides. They raise shotguns, rifles, and handguns. The officer leading them would take off his hat, revealing a scar over his eye. He smirks and begins monologuing. A tranquilizer dart is fired at each of the legs of the two.

"I learned a lot from you the other day, Danny. You never once used any lethal weapons to harm me. Your friend here was a wildcard, however, my plan still went through well enough. There were a few bumps with the two Jesters getting killed, but it worked! I obviously wouldn't let you see my real face. Paid a lot for the cosmetics. Back to you and your friend. You, Danny, are a slimy bitch. Your friend here. She's cool. You, I hate. Like, seriously. I used thousands in explosives to try and kill you but you still get away. Heat seeking missiles? Don't work. Lasers. Lasers that should be instant. Slain. Done. Ash. Lasers travel at light speed. Who the fuck can do that? You are as slippery as one can be. But this time, there is no getting away. I've prepared for every situation that can happen. You call in more friends, I blow up their rides. You show some new super power, I have a few more Jesters willing to die for the cause. I'm not even going to dignify you with a slow roast so you can escape. I'm going to just chop your head off with a laser. Your friend will probably wake up in a dumpster missing a kidney, but you, you are going to be dead. Gone. Fucking ended. I'm not even gonna kill you myself. That's just how much I hate you. I'm going to let my men kick the shit out of you first. Chicago PD! Show them how it's done."

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 16th 2019, 7:59 pm

Bliss looked over to Danny. "Hey, you were right for once." With that quip, Bliss began to freeze herself over in a cube. The defense did not help Danny but, it did give Bliss a brief moment to charge something up.

On the other hand, a dart went into Danny's leg, rendering her drowsy. Both legs began to tremble under the weight of a battle well- but not completely- fought. The grass braced her knees while Monarch continued his speech. "You sure do like to talk..."

A ping rang out as a dart merely grazed Bliss' ice cocoon. It could withstand more punishment than Bliss or Danny could, but it also knew when it was time for a showdown. One crack spiderwebbed out to two and three and four. Finally an intense burst of energy shockwaved out, blasting the immediate area.

Bliss stepped out of the cocoon, her clothing shifted into a pleated black skirt with boots and a white unitard with black gloves up to her elbow- a little nanotech could go a long way. "Are you still talking?" The ice around the area would shift back into blizzard like conditions, tossing Monarch's glider in the air. "I could build something like that. I'm guessing the engine is-" Her guess guided her telekinesis to try and rip the engine out of the glider.

"Now before you start throwing a bomb at me-" A single gloved finger held up the fight. She began to form an icicle in her hand. "You've been breathing in ice particles for about a minute now." She focused her mind on the icicle, shattering it in a burst. "Now imagine that, but inside of you. Because right now, like, you can go, but if you don't want to- and you want to keep throwing threats and bombs, then I'm going to make you explode from the inside. You're not a person they're going to be holding memorials for, so I don't think killing you will be that rough on me."

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top