The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_vote_lcapArlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_voting_barArlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_vote_lcapArlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_voting_barArlandria Vega - ”Prism” I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Arcana
Tybrid
Sage
Vorik
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Arlandria Vega - ”Prism”

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” Empty Arlandria Vega - ”Prism”

Post by Quixotic July 6th 2018, 1:20 am

ARLANDRIA VEGA

"Those afraid of darkness have not witnessed the power of light."

The Bio

Hero Name: Prism
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human
Hair:Black
Eyes:Brown
Height:5’10”
Weight:135lbs
Blood type:AB+

The Looks

At 5’10”, Arlandria is a tall, African-American woman who seems to be mainly comprised of coiled, black hair and lean muscle. She has dark skin and brown eyes the color of strong black coffee. Her face is round with a dramatic pair of dark brows and plump lips that both act to embroider her face with vivid emotion. Though she is not overly buff, her limbs and torso have a certain thickness that marks the existence of muscle.

The Personality

Arla is warm, compassionate, optimistic, and joyful. She has a richly jubilant laugh and voice, and she wants to share the richness and happiness possible in life with everyone through generosity and sincere empathy.

Arla’s strong compassion is both an advantage and disadvantage. Believing there is good in all people, Arlandria is gullible, overly-trusting, and all too loyal. She puts herself at risk to help all people, even those better left to die. Arla is also known to be awfully quixotic. She has yet to come to the realization that bad sometimes wins, and will not back down until good prevails. She often over-exerts herself so as to fulfill her unrealistic goals. Her spirited optimism is rarely hindered, but, when it is, she’s devastated.
The Story

Adam and Carla Vega, a rich, conceited married couple, wanted more than anything to have a child as perfect as themselves, so, when the opportunity to test human child engineering for an experimental study presented itself, the couple was the first to volunteer. The experiment recommended only choosing simple traits like the baby’s eyes, skin, and hair color, but, with a little funding to the program, the genetic engineers behind the project capitulated to allow Adam and Carla complete customization. After nine anxious months, the perfect baby, Arlandria Vega, was born, and, as the lights of the delivery room began to pulse with her newborn screams, her parents were convinced she was born a freak. The couple happily left her in the hands of three genetic researchers, all skilled in many areas that did not include parenting.

The team of three quickly recognized the hero potential in the child and raised her to believe it as much as they did. They also recognized the impact that Arlandria’s potential success could have on the future of human engineering. Because if this, Arlandria was trained from babyhood to be not only a  superhero, but the romanticized American hero of literature— innocent, compassionate, optimistic, naive, simple, and free-spirited. More simply, Arlandria was trained to be science’s best ad yet.

Arlandria spent the first 20 years of life training to be a hero, both within and beyond the scope of her powers. At 21, the hero was finally allowed to fulfill her duties as a heroine, which she continues to do today.

The Priority

1. Reaction
2. Endurance
3. Agility
4. Strength

The Powers

Power 1: Photokinetics

Arlandria has the power to manipulate existing, visible light. The primary applications of this power include the concentration of light like a magnifying glass, the bending and redirection of light, the splitting of visible light, and the absorption of light to be stored and reused shortly after absorption time. Arlandria cannot destroy or create light.

When Arlandria absorbs light, she can either use her precious manipulation skills when relaunching it into the atmosphere, or she can form the light into throwable, solid chakrams. The rings are 8-inch diameter discs of solid, white light that remain solid until they either contact a surface or exit a range of 75 feet of their throwing point. When solid, the chakrams have a sharp outer edge and are thrown with the flick of the wrist. When they make an impact, the rings dissolve in a physically harmless but possibly distracting explosion of light.

The Weaknesses

Weakness 1: Power Limits: Like a solar panel, Arla’s capabilities depend on the amount of available light. As the light dims, so does her power.

Weakness 2: Mortal Body: Besides an immunity to high concentrations of light and heat, Arla’s body is human and mortal, leaving her vulnerable to many physical threats.

The Items

1. Wallet - a small wallet containing a cash allowance from her researcher “parents” and identification
2. Journal - a field journal in which Arlandria must record any health problems and developments in her powers for genetic research
3. Photobook - a mostly empty photo journal with a photo of Arlandria’s true parents and another of her and her researcher “family”

The Minions

none

The Fluff

A life of isolation has caused Arla to be out-of-touch with history and technology from her birth to her entrance into society. There is a 20-year hole in her knowledge of the world.

Arlandria believes that her parents may still want her if she only proves her worth to them.

Arlandria’s hero work involves her not wanting to harm anyone. She also believes everyone has good in them.

The RP Sample

The sounds and smells of the fair faded away as Prism stalked down the dark streets of the sleeping city. She stayed near to the streetlights, stopping under each one to listen for some sign over the insectine hymn of the orange lights. She shivered in the darkness. The warmth of the summer day had faded away into a cool autumn night. Leaves tumbled with a low rattle down the street.

A tiny scuff against pavement, too heavy to be merely a leaf, immediately alerted her. Her head swivelled toward the sound as she raised her right hand up slowly toward the lamp above her. She clenched her first and mimicked a throwing motion forwards towards the source of the sound. The orange light surrounded her dimmed, instead illuminating the area she had thrown towards as if she had thrown a flashlight. Frozen like a deer in a headlight beam was a masked man.

With a wave of her hand, Prism bathed part of the street in darkness as the orbs of light in each lamp rushed towards her open palms. For a moment, the light was completely gone. Prism’s silhouette flicked its wrists down against the far-off, spinning lights of the fake behind her, and 3 rings of white light ignited with a whoosh in each of her hands. In the dim light being projected from her hands, a small grin flickered across her face.

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Quixotic
Quixotic

Quote : Local good kid who only listens to sad music.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 15
Job : Student
Registration date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

Arlandria Vega - ”Prism” Empty Re: Arlandria Vega - ”Prism”

Post by Chellizard July 6th 2018, 1:24 pm

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top