The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Mist (hero application) I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
Mist (hero application) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Mist (hero application) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Mist (hero application) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Mist (hero application) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Mist (hero application) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
Mist (hero application) I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Mist (hero application) I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Mist (hero application) I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Mist (hero application) I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Mist (hero application) I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Mist (hero application) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Mist (hero application) I_vote_lcapMist (hero application) I_voting_barMist (hero application) I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Mist (hero application) I_vote_lcapMist (hero application) I_voting_barMist (hero application) I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Mist (hero application)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mist (hero application) Empty Mist (hero application)

Post by ZZlaw December 9th 2017, 9:02 pm

Mist

"How many drops of water are in the endless sea?"

The Bio

Hero Name: Mist
Title: None
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human
Hair: Long, Originally Brown, Now White
Eyes: Originally Green, Now Gold
Height: Average
Weight: Average
Blood type: B-

The Looks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Personality

Darreth is an introvert. A soft spoken, and very philosophical man, he'll often find himself contemplating his ability, and why he, out of all the people in the world has it. When he interacts with others, he'll usually end up stalling the conversation, being unable to hold one for his life. However, if you manage to break through his shell, there is little he won't do to protect his friends. He is the kind of man who will repay his debts, while forgetting those owed to him, and is a hero simply because he believes it's the right thing to do.

The Story

Born into a middle class family, Darreth, while not the richest man alive, has always had what he needed to survive in comfort. From childhood, through college, he was a loner. He spent a month partying before entering college, where he decided he really wasn't one for partying, having usually sat in a corner, nursing a beer. Once he he began focusing more on his studies, he graduated with good, if still average, grades. And then, eight days after his graduation, his abilities began to manifest.
The morning was cool, and covered in fog. He had decided to walk along the river splitting the city, and think about his own thoughts. At that moment, his ability manifested. Grasping for everything around it, it connected with the fog in some primordial way. Darreth would be missing for three months, becoming one with the mists of the city.
Those three months ended when he had gained enough strength to return to his original form. When he did, every hair on his body had turned a pure white, and his pupils had become a pair of shining golden pools. He spent the next few months training himself to his newfound power, making sure he could switch between states at a moment's notice. When he was sure, he set out to begin fighting crime as one of the newest heroes, Mist. So far, he's prevented a few muggings, but nothing substantial.

The Priority

1. Reaction
2. Agility
3. Endurance
4. Strength

The Powers

1. Mist has the ability to turn into his namesake. All objects he's carrying are converted with him. He slowly expands over an area while using his ability, exactly like how fog rolls over the city. He can then reform himself anywhere within the cloud. While in this state, while it would take something like sodium to react with the vapor of his mist to harm him, he also is unable to affect those outside of his cloud's area, and is unable to do anything more than make those within cold and damp. Mist instead trained his ability as a defense against weapons, and a short ranged, highly telegraphed teleport.

The Weaknesses

1. He becomes a cloud of water vapor. Anything that chemically reacts with water in his radius harms him. The more violent the reaction, the more damage it causes.
2. While he's worked an the vaporization process, and can vaporize in a split second, he still has trouble returning to his original form, needing a minimum of ten seconds to do so. The farther his mist has spread, the longer it takes for him to reform.
3. He is afraid that if he spreads his mist out far enough, he'll be unable to reform to his original body. He doesn't know if this is true, but doesn't want to chance it.
4. Is unable to affect anything while in his mist state.

The Items

Knife

The Fluff

When Mist moves, he leaves a very fine amount of his namesake in his wakes. It, however, is not enough to do anything with.

The RP Sample

Waking up beside a bridge, Darreth slowly stretches. One of the problems with being missing for three months, is that your landlady tends to give your apartment to someone else, and your job has hired someone else. Standing up, he looks around. The morning fog covers the city. He remembers this area, it was not far from here where his powers first manifested. Feeling hungry, he reaches into his pocket, feeling only a few dollars. If he doesn't get a job soon, he'll be going hungry. Walking along the riverside, he turns of at the first fast food place he sees, and ordering the cheapest of the breakfasts.

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
ZZlaw
ZZlaw

Quote : Why is everyone so obsessed with ninja They were never that good And they are cowards sneaking around in their black pajamas stabbing their victims with poisoned darts I hate ninjas—they have no honor

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-12-14

Back to top Go down

Mist (hero application) Empty Re: Mist (hero application)

Post by Chellizard December 15th 2017, 2:40 pm

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top