The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
From the Void - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
From the Void - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
From the Void - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
From the Void - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
From the Void - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
From the Void - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
From the Void - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
From the Void - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
From the Void - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
From the Void - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
From the Void - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
From the Void - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
From the Void - Page 2 I_vote_lcapFrom the Void - Page 2 I_voting_barFrom the Void - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
From the Void - Page 2 I_vote_lcapFrom the Void - Page 2 I_voting_barFrom the Void - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

From the Void

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OPEN Re: From the Void

Post by ElektaKount June 9th 2017, 10:35 pm

Agent Void kept his trained upon the door, he receiving interference with his own equipment, but being a grade up then the man next to him, it was able to pick up a little more...stronger

"Flashbang." The agent said simply, before his hands went into the inside of his coat and a projectile flew into the warehouse, before he covered his face with his arms.

A minute later a flash and a defying noise went off inside the building, followed by screams of surprise. The moment the flashbang ended, the Agent was nowhere to be seen, all was left was a black cloud disappearing into the warehouse, followed by shouting and shooting.

ElektaKount

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2017-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by almighty_smiley June 10th 2017, 2:32 am

"Flashbang."

Thank God, Thomas thought, a warning this time.

Thomas tucked his head to his chest as best as his suit would allow and clenched his eyelids shut, opening them only when a loud bang alerted him that the grenade had gone off.  The screams of bewilderment told him that the agent's trick had worked, and Thomas wasted absolutely no time in stepping through the hole he'd created.

The warehouse lights were bright, and crates were stacked all the way to the ceiling on various steel racks.  Thomas moved to take cover behind one, assessing their new surroundings.  Scaffolding up top, where most of the new gunmen were concentrated.  Large lights, spaced about fifty meters apart - fifty meters apart, three, okay, 150 meter-long warehouse - illuminated the concrete structure in a white light that almost seemed to make the place even uglier.  In the distance, a loud clacking sound alerted Thomas to the fact that the door on the other side had been fully opened, and the boat that their target was talking about would be here any minute.

Readying his concussive blaster, Thomas rounded the corner...

...and immediately felt like he had to throw up.

No, Thomas thought, his mind going from executing an attack plan to simply trying to hold himself together, no, goddammit, not now!

Powering his scrap metal power armor was a prototype plutonium core.  Prior to his extracurricular activities as an armored would-be hero, Thomas had been a nuclear engineer in the Navy, where he had maintained, operated, and supervised nuclear reactors.  He'd made a point to study them, to know them inside and out, because - as was the case with anything nuclear - failure simply was not an option.  And when he decided to buckle down and build his suit, Thomas knew exactly how he'd power it.  But for all its abilities, and for all the caution and meticulousness with which Thomas had designed the reactor, the fact remained that he had built it with the leftovers from large appliances; problems were going to arise.  While lined with lead, there were still weak points, spots in the lining that were too thin to adequately protect the wearer and were constantly bombarding Thomas with radiation.  In addition to the standard lead lining, a small valve within the reactor - the only real piece of computer equipment on the damn thing - helped to regulate power flow.  If overworked, however - for instance, by throwing a two-ton luxury car at a bad guy like a goddamn football , Thomas chided himself - the valve could break, causing even more radiation to flow into the armor.  And into his body.

With his right hand, Thomas grabbed an almost-hidden lever by his lower back and shoved it downward.  The radiation flow stopped.  That bit of danger was over.  But the rusting metal monster now had to make do with whatever power was in the system prior to the emergency shutdown.

Not a lot.  But enough to get the job done.

Clenching his teeth, Thomas took aim at a mook and fired, sending him off the scaffolding where he bounced against the concrete wall for a nice fall downward.
almighty_smiley
almighty_smiley

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 38
Humor : Wry, sarcastic, all that jazz.
Registration date : 2017-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ElektaKount June 10th 2017, 12:18 pm

As said goon flew past, the Agent was at work beating whatever guards were unfortunate to be closest to the door when they broke in.

After the flashbang occurred, the agent had entered as in his dark gas form, before materializing and smashing the closest guard in the face with the butt of his pistol.

As the first guard went down he extend his pistol arm and took aim at the next closest guard, pistol on non-lethal mode, before firing three shots that found it's mark, causing the man to fall. He was not done, he took aim at another, then pulled the trigger twice. Then he took aim at another and fired...then another.

When the fourth man fell to his pistol the agent's pistol needed to recharge, it was also at this moment the guards had recovered from the initial flashbang, and were taking aim at the intruder. They immediately began to fire, only to have their bullets whizzed into a black gas.

The black gas then swiftly moved for the next, a few feet away, as bullets whizzed through it harmlessly.

As he reached the man he materialized, but as he did so a fist came out to meet the man's face. As his entire body finished materialized he quickly rolled, before kicking the next man in the stomach from the floor. Turning back into a gas, he passed through the man he just kicked and materialized behind him, hitting the man on the head.

It was then he felt two impacts to his chest, some bullets had just hit him, but his armor held.

But that didn't end the assault, something clamped between his back and his stomach, lifting him into the air. Looking up, it was some sort of machine, like a power loader mech.

THe machine and it's pilot then slammed the agent against a nearby container. The agent was able to stay conscious but the power loader had a tight grip on him...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
From the Void - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_opklgmB5gM1svholc_540
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

My Characters:
Dr.Frost
Agent Void
ElektaKount
ElektaKount

Quote : Time fer da WAAAAGH!

Back to top Go down

Post by almighty_smiley June 10th 2017, 5:58 pm

Breathing heavily, Thomas lurched forward as Agent Void dispatched the guards around him.  Each step felt more labored than the last as he made his way through the warehouse, his legs failing him and the suit rapidly running out of stored power.  It had become a game of inches now, and true to the immortal words of Al Pacino, Thomas was fighting tooth and nail for each and every one.
Rounding a crate rack that was in his way, Thomas saw his ally in the grip of some kind of legged forklift, throwing him about left and right.  The metal monstrosity raised his left hand to fire off one last charge...only for it to spark.

Fuck.

Either due to damage or due to insufficient power, the concussive blaster was not an option.  His eyes turned back to the fight unfolding before him just in time to see Agent Void get slammed into a shipping container.  And from the look of things, it didn't look like an especially pleasant experience for him.  He wasn't faring well against the new machine.  Thomas wouldn't, either; with power bleeding from his suit, he had one, maybe two significant moves left before the thing completely shut down on him.  And that was assuming his body didn't give out first.

Thomas's eyes darted up and down on the storage racks in front of him, looking for anything that might be useful.  The racks were packed so tightly that Thomas could barely make out one crate from the next; it might as well have been a wall.  One crate was larger than a lot of the others, that could work.  Another was banded with metal, which could contain something important.  A few large casks of some kind of booze or another were lined in the middle, making for the only significant gaps in the otherwise solid rack.  And perhaps he cou-...

Duh.  DUH.

Thomas had been looking for a weapon.  It hadn't occurred to him that he was standing right in front of one.  But he'd need a boost, and he'd need to hope that Agent Void could pull that smoke trick out of the hat one last time...

Gritting his teeth, Thomas reached back and pulled the emergency lever back into position.  As a new wave of radiation slammed into his body, that same power surged into the armor's mechanisms, restoring it to full power.  Thomas knelt down slightly, placing his hands on the shelving rack just above him, hoping to God that the thing was built well enough to count as one solid piece.  With a roar in defiance of his failing body, the scrapper pushed upward and forward, slowly but indomitably, drowning out the creaking and snapping of metal as the bolts holding it to the floor went flying into the air.  The crate-laden racks went further forward.  Further.  And finally, as the shadow loomed over Agent Void and his mechanical foe, gravity took care of the rest.
almighty_smiley
almighty_smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by ElektaKount June 11th 2017, 2:51 am

Though dazed, the Agent had enough sense to dematerialize, the racks collapsed on top of the the mech as the black gas rises. Materializing again, he stood above mess created by the fallen racks.

But he didn't have much time to breath, as another bullet whizzed past him. The agent turned to see more guards and two power loaders moving for them.

The agent did not waste time, quickly he began maneuvering past the wreck , jumping over broken crates and the rack.

He hopped over the last rack obstacle, ducking as the bullets started to fly. He peeked out, his mask scanned the field with his scanners before he ducked back.

His mask still had interference, but he was able to identify the enemies:

"8 total; 6 armed guards, 2 in power loaders." The agent said through his filter as he stared straight ahead, he was mainly to the big man. "Go for the legs, it'll topple easy, or go for the canister on the back, it'll blow if it's pierced."

The agent readied his pistol with two hands as bullets whizzed over head, he looked over and the mask stared at the big man. "You ready?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Characters:
Dr.Frost
Agent Void
ElektaKount
ElektaKount

Back to top Go down

Post by almighty_smiley June 11th 2017, 5:39 pm

He wasn't serious.  He couldn't be serious.

Eyes wide under the helmet, Thomas wasn't sure just how much more he could take.  Every muscle screamed for rest.  Every cell felt the slow death of radiation sickness creeping in micrometer by agonizing micrometer.  Every plate was due for a serious hammering when he got back home.  And these guys just kept coming.  Whatever secret this guy was after had better be worth it.

"Just see what..." Thomas said, exhaling more than speaking, "...just...oh God...just see what you can do about getting those loaders to pull a 180."

To emphasize his point, Thomas racked the charging lever on his left gauntlet all the way back, letting the concussive blaster go to full power.  A desperate move, for sure; even in optimal testing conditions, the initial prototype broke from the power.  But right now, Thomas was a desperate man.

"Now."
almighty_smiley
almighty_smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by ElektaKount June 11th 2017, 10:56 pm

"As you say." the agent said through his filters. When Thomas gave the signal, the agent went up into black smoke.

The smoke then zoomed for the mass of guards. Bullets whizzed harmlessly through the smoke as it passed through the power lifters, then the guards, momentarily blinding their site with darkness, then materializing on top of one of the catwalks. As he materialized , he grabbed the heads of two nearby guards, then smashing their head together.

The guards and the power loader had their attention literally turned on the agent, exposing their backs to Thomas, as they began to fire on the agent up top.

THe agent began to run, as he pulled out his pistol again, in which he had stowed before his gas form, and then began taking nonlethal potshots at the enemy. Some hit their mark, even knocked out one or two, but the majority of shots missed or only manage to impact but not render unconscious the guards before he his pistol needed to recharge. This left him a bit exposed, as he kited the gunfire biting at his heels.

My Characters:
Dr.Frost
Agent Void
ElektaKount
ElektaKount

Back to top Go down

Post by almighty_smiley June 15th 2017, 12:28 am

Thomas had a shot. It wasn't the best one. It wasn't under optimal conditions. But it was a shot, and right now it would have to be enough.

Fully charged, Thomas groaned as he leveled his concussive blaster at the turned power loader's left leg, hoping it would support most of its weight there as it turned to try and engage Agent Void. Even under ideal conditions, it wouldn't do anything so dramatic as blast the thing's leg off or rupture its generators. But with a good shot - and no small amount of luck - the blast could be powerful enough to buckle the knee joint, crippling the small mech.

Thomas let the blast rip across the space between himself and the first mech, hoping that it did enough to stop it before he turned to face the second. In turn, Thomas hoped that Void had a plan for this one before it turned him into spam.
almighty_smiley
almighty_smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2