The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Oscar Wood; Hermes I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:52 am by ProwlerKnight

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Oscar Wood; Hermes I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Oscar Wood; Hermes I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Stars over Vegas
Oscar Wood; Hermes I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Oscar Wood; Hermes I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Oscar Wood; Hermes I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Oscar Wood; Hermes I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Oscar Wood; Hermes I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Oscar Wood; Hermes I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Oscar Wood; Hermes I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Oscar Wood; Hermes I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Oscar Wood; Hermes I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Oscar Wood; Hermes I_vote_lcapOscar Wood; Hermes I_voting_barOscar Wood; Hermes I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Oscar Wood; Hermes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oscar Wood; Hermes Empty Oscar Wood; Hermes

Post by Lingo December 28th 2016, 8:49 pm

Oscar Wood
H.E.R.M.E.S

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Hermes
Title: The Synthetic Speedster
Alignment: Lawful Good
Race: Human
Hair: Naturally Blond, dyed Aqua Green
Eyes: Aqua Green
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 160lbs
Blood type: A+

The Looks

Oscar:
Hermes Suit:

The Legacy

Personality: Oscar shares his parent's enthusiasm for science and heroics. It was their dream and he was all too happy to oblige. He's a nice, charming and slightly camp guy who enjoys a good joke and solving problems. He's also very devout to his parent's cause and will not stand for any kind of injustice. While he dreams of being one of the big leagues in terms of superheroes, he's perfectly content with handling the smaller tasks; someone's got to do it. When it comes to combat, he's always excited to try out new things. And he is always confident in battle because if things start to go sour he can always just run away, take the information he's learnt and come back. He's against killing and will not work with any heroes who regularly use fatal force. Infact, he's likely to try and arrest them. He's capable of working in a team and can follow orders while also being able to use his own intiative.

History:

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them"
Others have greatness given to them by their nerd parents on their 18th birthday. Since he was 15 he always thought something was up. They were paying for him to have athletics practice, they made him join the school's running team and they even made him take boxing lessons. He thought they wanted him to join the military or something along those lines. But the reality was revealed to him in the form of a suit.

The H.E.R.M.E.S suit to be exact. His parents were technological scientists and had been developing the suit for the last 3 years to fit their son's biology. They were gigantic nerds who had always dressed of being superheroes, but when nearly of them did anything about it until they were too old, they decided to give their dream to their son. They made him a supersuit that would accelerate his speed and thinking processes. When they told him about it, it was hard to tell who was more excited. He had always been terrified of being ordinary, but it seemed as if he's parents had swooped in and saved the day - by allowing him to save others.

He spent the next few months practicing in the suit. It was hard. When you went from walking at 3 miles an hour to running at 500, even with the enhanced processing it was a difficult task. It took nearly an entire year of 4 days a week practice before he could finally use the suit with skill, allowing him to rival many of the natural born speedsters in the world. Thinking that he was ready, he went out into the world on his first night of crime fighting.

He hasn't looked back since.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Power 1:
The H.E.R.M.E.S Suit:
Human Enhancement Regalia; Movement Elevating Suit

This suit, when worn, plugs into the wearer's body on a microscopic scale. It causes the body to do everything faster. It allows them to move faster, think faster, see faster and talk faster. It also causes them to digest food faster and, as an unknown effect, causes them to age faster as well. His suit is capable of letting him run Mach 3 at it's highest extreme (at this point, in it's current BETA state, would cause it to start to fall apart). The suit injects into the wearer's brain and accelerates their processing skills with electric charge, allowing them to adequately utilize the superspeed. The suit is also made of a Unique alloy which is specifically designed to absorb friction. This alloy is flexible but durable, allowing agile movement while being bulletproof. It could take a missle impact, but only one. Along with the flexible alloy, it's also equipped with shock absorbers to ease the damage of striking objects at high speeds and falling from high heights.

Suit's parameters;
Maximum Speed - Mach 3
Maximum Cerebral Processing Speed - 900%
Durability Enhancing, Friction Absorbing Alloys

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: If he begins to reach the suit's peak of Mach 3, it will start to rapidly degrade. He can only mainly this speed for 15 seconds at most, before the suit would literally force him to stop; Fortunately, 15 seconds is usually more than enough at that level of speed.

Weakness 2: The suit's peak level of process enhancement is 900% that of a normal human. This is usually plenty for coping with the super speed. It begins to lag slightly if he starts going at the suit's peak. Also, if he has too much to focus on, it'll use too much processing power than needed and fluxiate in speed, going faster and slower, disorientating him.

Weakness 3: If Hermes doesn't take a break after moving at high speed in order to, quite literally, let off some steam, the metal of the suit will absorb so much friction and heat that it will overheat the suit, partially cook him and shut the suit down until it's cooling systems can work.

Weakness 4: If he isn't in the suit, he is a normal human.

Weakness 5: Wearing the suit has altered Oscars perception of his own speed. He is so used to moving incredibly quickly that he will often misjudge distances and the time that tasks take. He could reach out for a cup on his desk and either smash his hand into it or close his fingers far too early, missing it entirely. He'll also speak funnily. He needs to focus on his normal, human speed while out of the suit or he'll just fumble every task.

Weakness 6: If he memorizes something while he has the suit's increased level of processes, if he tries to remember it while out of the suit it will be like watching at video at 400 times it's speed. Like super super fast forward. He needs to either focus incredibly hard or put the suit on in order to clearly make out his memories.

Weakness 7: The suit accelerates his metabolism while it's on, meaning that he has to eat a lot of food. If he doesn't, he could essentially starve to death in about 5 hours. This has also affected suitless Oscar in the sense that he is either eating a lot out of fear he'll die or he's not eating for two days because he forgets that time moves slower.

Weakness 8: While his boots have treads to allow him to not slip on some terrain, such as beaches and cobblestone, he will still slip on Ice. And slipping at 700 miles per hour is not going to end well.

Weakness 9: EMP. If you EMP him, he is, to put it simply, fucked.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):
The suit has been aging him. He is 19 years old, but chronologically his body is 21 years old. By the time he's 25, he'll have the body of a 40 year old if he keeps using the suit.

Oscar is a straight A science student.

His family are rich.

Items/Minions

Hermes Boots;
Power: When Oscar isn't in the suit, he wears a pair of boots called the 'Hermes Boots'. They allow him to move at a maximum speed of 250 mph.

Weakness
: Since he only has the boots on, if he moves at maximum speed he is definitely going to get some friction burn. If he doesn't stop, he'll literally cause a fire. He also cannot accelerate as fast as he could in the suit, he'll have to work up to the maximum speed. It also takes him a while to stop or else he risks falling over. And breaking something. Unless he's kicking someone with the boots, contact with people at high speed with result in damage to himself.

Go-Go Goggles; Oscar puts these on when he's both in his suit and just wearing the boots so that he can avoid getting flies in his eyes. The goggles also have another purpose in that, since when he's just in his boots he has no heightened processing the goggles give him some level of enhanced perception, allowing him to better comprehend what he's doing.

Weakness; Only increases his perception of his sight, his other senses are left behind. He can see things before he hears it, think thunder and lightning. See the lightning and then hear the thunder. Can leave him very disorientated at high speeds.

Friction Charged Knuckle Plates: Oscar's suit channels some the friction generated from running into his knuckles, enhancing his punches. His punches will slightly tear and burn the skin of those they hit, if the knuckle dusters are charged.

Weakness; He needs to generate friction in order to charge the knuckle dusters. After 10 punches (one punch per finger) he'll have to run around to generate more energy.

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
Agility: 2
Endurance: 3
Reaction: 1
Strength: 4

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oscar Wood; Hermes Iwanrheonsinging_zpse77ab8b6
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : I speak every language but bullshit.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 215
Humor : Bad Language
Registration date : 2013-12-08

Back to top Go down

Oscar Wood; Hermes Empty Re: Oscar Wood; Hermes

Post by Thorgron January 11th 2017, 11:31 pm

I like this character very much Smile he is approved

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oscar Wood; Hermes Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Oscar Wood; Hermes Empty Re: Oscar Wood; Hermes

Post by Shadowoof January 30th 2018, 9:58 pm

Retired

The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Number of posts : 1508
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down