The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
(Un)Steady - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
(Un)Steady - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
(Un)Steady - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
(Un)Steady - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
(Un)Steady - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
(Un)Steady - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
(Un)Steady - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
(Un)Steady - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
(Un)Steady - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
(Un)Steady - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
(Un)Steady - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
(Un)Steady - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

(Un)Steady

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(Un)Steady - Page 2 Empty Re: (Un)Steady

Post by Chellizard July 20th 2016, 2:23 am

Chelle was instructed to toss the arrow to Matthew. Was she an idiot? If it was going to blow up, she was going to send it somewhere it wouldn't hurt anyone.

Moving with speeds unfathomable, Chelle vanished in a puff of red smoke. Her speed was from shadow stepping. She went from one shadow in the alley, to one in the street, to one on top of a building. This took two seconds. She spent the other three brandishing her sword.

Rearing back, she readied a seismic attack. Swinging her blade like a bat, she whacked the bomb portion of the arrow, sending it flying as if she hit a home run - but in this case, it was equal to three home runs; if we wanted to measure it that way.

The bomb exploded in the middle of the air, it's loud bang being masked by the rumbling thunder and the crack of lightning.

Shadow stepping back to the alley she had last seen Matthew in, she stood at the mouth of it now, the street at her back, and Matthew's back to her front.

Taking a few steps forward, she listened to him talk toward the darkness of the alley. Truthfully, she shouldn't be so rude and make him feel as if he's talking to her when she's not really standing at the end of the alley, but she just enjoyed this moment.

She savored it for a few moments before taking off her mask and smiling.

Her appearance changed dramatically. Her skin became olive toned, and her eyes were no longer a deep crimson. Her claws shrank down to perfectly manicured nails, and her canines were no longer pointed and dangerous looking.

"It took you long enough, Matty. I hope it's quite alright I call you that." She smiled and walked around of him to stand in front of him.

"My name is Rochelle Takeiro, and if you've been informed properly, I am indeed the Queen of Thrones." She took a moment to pause, and then brought herself to one knee, her hands producing a masculine ring with the Thrones symbol on it. The heart was cut from a ruby, the crown of pure gold, and the trim laced with many emeralds.

"Will you be my King?" she asked, offering him the ring.

Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 5015
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity July 29th 2016, 1:46 am

The rain had already taken hold, the fact she could randomly appear behind him, even with the lights of his motorcycle still brightly beaming told him more information than he needed to know. In order for her to teleport she needed the shadows. But for her to arrive, or rather her destination point did not require them. In a way it could be used to initiate or execute a rite of engagement. But as an escape mechanism it was rather limited. Of course, not many people dealt with the likes of Espada, Ryurou or even The Queen of Thrones. Lightning cracked again, the flash of light sparking across the radiant golden cross he wore upon his neck. The lightning cracking again like a violent whip cracking against the earthen hide of their planet as Humanity turned to face the Queen of Thrones. Not the demonic representation, but the youthful and spirited Andromeda of a woman.

"Wouldn't matter." He said to himself under his breath as the Queen called him by his name with a y at the end, though he felt his hand clench slightly against the base of his scepter, a strong desire to utilize it flowing through him. The only betrayal of his calm exterior was the clench, his all else to him had been perfectly regulated. Perfectly within control. she made the comment that it took him long enough, though to be entirely honest it wasn't as if Thrones was something he knew a ton about. He was contacted by a representative, but it wasn't exactly as if the gilded card said:

Yo bitch; Thrones wants you!
  ~ <3 Queen Rochelle Takeiro

He was able to figure it out, however. It was simple enough, just narrowed it down to sheer probability. Then you have the extent of her durability and regenerative factor. Not to state her continual display of ability to smell him. Of course then he had a small issue arrive. Of all the things he was prepared for, of all the things he felt ready to tackle, there was one that he had been entirely unable to predict. A rather elegant and beautiful ring, a ruby heart cut with several emeralds placed around it; it was akin to the emblem he found upon the elegant and gilded card he had received initially.

He looked at her after she revealed the ring, his eyes scanning her for a sudden movement of some kind. He read her as best as he knew how to. Her posture, refined and poised through practice, but not even a demoness could deceive a properly discerning eye. She was not intending to attack him; and her eyes conveyed absolutely no sense of hesitation, no sense of indignation from the previous scuffle. Though her eyes....they bothered him. That aura of superiority; that elegance that danced upon the line of both temptation and terror; the entire way she looked at him was far from what he'd have. This moment....it brought back memories. Memories long repressed....

They'd remain repressed for now, having too many flashbacks was a good way to make a red-flag for yourself. Something Humanity wouldn't go looking for. With one motion he lifted his hand and took the ring, placing it back into Chelle's hand and folding it. It would seem as though he were denying the offer, however what was said next may have suggested something else.

"I'm not drunk enough to marry someone I just met. This isn't a Disney story sweetheart." He said as he reached up with his other hand and took off his mask. His mask. His face. He regarded them both as one and the same. Both were his face, and each one protected the other. But now; for the first time ever he was able to be something else. Someone else. With a sigh he shook his head and looked around, up into the sky as it rained. "But, if you can give me a little while to change I'd love to try dinner." His eyes dropped from the sky as his head turned slightly, looking back to the demon that had apparently taken such time to hunt him. He raised his hand, holding it out for her to take if she so chose. However his posture seemed to be relaxed, vunerable and weak. It was far from the truth. He was always vigilant; half convinced she would take the initial rejection with irritation and rather try to inflict harm upon him. But more-so than anything else, he was far more interested to see how this chance encounter might end.

Last edited by Humanity on September 2nd 2016, 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

(Un)Steady - Page 2 Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 20th 2016, 10:58 pm

Standing up with him as he pushed the ring into her hand, she shifted her wrist with a quick snapping motion and gently slid the ring onto his marital finger. It fit perfectly, the rain glistening off of the jewels.

She held onto his wrist with a sort of dominance and looked him in the eye.

"It's not often I am rejected like this. But at least wear it. See how it feels." She said, offering a grin as her grip became light around his arm.

She felt a sort of happiness well in her core as she stood there, not realizing her body hadn't started to regenerate properly.

"If I told you we could bathe in all the lights, would you rise up, come and meet me in the sky~..." Her voice carried softly as a sudden pain raced through her and brought her back down to her knees.

She crashed, her hands moving to grab at her chest. Peeling her hands away she realized she was still bleeding, heavily wounded from the previous injuries she had sustained. Something was wrong... and it must be from the last scuffle she had.

Lucius...

The sudden face of Alba flashed across her mind, and the lingering taste of his blood seeped into her mouth as she coughed. Trickling from her lips was copper scented crimson, dripping along the corners of her mouth.

The taste was from the residual remnants of his powers that laid dormant in the blood she had drank, and she was paying the price for being so greedy.

"I... hate to... take a rain check," she started, looking up to Matthew with sorrow in her eyes.

"... but it seems this is not... just... a... scratch." She murmured, her vision blurring as she toppled to her side.

It was terrifying how weak she had become; so terrifying that she began to cry in fear of how vulnerable she was in this moment.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
(Un)Steady - Page 2 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity August 22nd 2016, 6:49 pm

He completely brushed off her insistence that he try the ring on, doing so until her grip loosened and then quickly removing the ring with a little scowl, rolling his eyes in the process. The moment he removed it however, the woman's slightly entrancing voice was cut off as she crashed to the ground on her knees. Part of him was actually quite amused at the premise that the woman wasn't as immortal as she had believed, though he wasn't foolish enough to take the credit. This was far from usual. This woman was not a typical vampire that much is certain, though even the weakest of vampires had SOME form of healing factor, even if it was to simply keep them from total annihilation. Even if starved, the majority of them reacted very differently.

"I've killed Vampires, dragons, angels and demons. I've killed so-called gods and I've stood my own against the most evil of all things. I know when something isn't quite right." He said as he strode over to the woman and looked at the wound in her chest, pointing to the afflicted wound with the barrel of his scepter, though he kept his finger far enough away from the trigger. "That should have healed by now. Judging by the delayed reaction and the sudden shock I'd say it should have healed four minutes ago, give or take ten seconds. If your starved then the regeneration would slow immensely, but the pain...I've never seen a vampire suffer pain when they're starved. Starved makes them closer to dead than living. So....long dissertation aside... Something's blocking or regeneration. I've been around the block longer than you'd think. Picked up a think or two. Might be able to help if you tell me what it is. That glimmer in your eye screams vengeance, and THAT'S something I can relate with." He said as he brought his scepter back and looked over her for a second, wondering what exactly could manage to do this. There was a strong nagging sensation in the back of his mind. Some part of him was screaming to act out. To handle things differently.

Kill it...I'm the hand of God...
I made a promise. As a Patron and as a Man.
"Forget the promise, it'll be amusing to see where this goes."
Kill her and I'll be a king of more than just men.

"Kill her, and when I return I will forgive your previous rejections."

Lifting his scepter once more he moved his second hand back on the chamber and unloaded the gun, the bullet spitting out and pinging off the ground as it danced back and forth before settling dead within the water of the puddles forming. He was left to wonder if he had made the right choice. Who knew how many this woman had taken before. Though that was when his mind truly in schism. He had grown soft, even sparing a supernatural creature of unknown power simply because of....

He was thankful he didn't get the chance to dwell on that thought any longer as the woman had broken his trance. But deep down there was a lingering voice in his head. Lightning cracked as the rain finally began to pick up, the blood of the woman flowing like a stream to the ground. The rhythmic slaps of water upon the earth the underlying rumble overhead. But all he could hear was the darkest corner of his being.

"You've grown weak..."

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 22nd 2016, 10:06 pm

"Okay, okay. That's... great." she muttered as she pressed one her hands into her chest and held pressure on the wound.

"But I fed today. And part of you.. doesn't want to hear that," she said, her voice weakening with each word.

She coughed and actually started to shake. Her hands felt weak. Hell, her whole body felt weak. She had actually lost a lot of blood, and was losing it even faster now that she was laying with her wound practically on the ground.

She looked up to Matthew with her eyes half lidded and her skin appearing pale. She was normally a lush, olive tone.

"I.. can't tell you what it is... but I can tell you... who..." she struggled to lean up as she came face to face with the scepter. Her eyes looked down the barrel, swallowing any fear she had.

If she were to die, at least it would be with someone she actually liked.

But when there were no bullets shot into her, she realized that he had made the decision to spare her life.

A muted smile curled over her lips as a faltered breath heaved from her lungs.

"... I won't... tell..." she broke off, looking him dead in the eyes.

" ... unless you become my King." the ultimatum was definitely not in her favor, but there was something within Humanity that made him spare her, and she knew there was a reason for that. For his decision.

She just wanted to make sure he agreed to her silly proposal one way, or another.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hound August 22nd 2016, 10:26 pm

She was right, he really, really didn't want to hear that she'd fed recently. Of course he hadn't...really been to surprised by the notion. she was a vampire, and that was their compulsion. She wasn't like Muraro or any of the others who managed to somehow master themselves wholly. But his offer remained. She seemed to be afraid for a moment. The poor girl didn't realize his finger was nowhere near the trigger. Well, even the most perceptive missed details occasionally. He himself did so earlier, miscounting his arrows. three was such a small number, you seriously would have thought he'd manage to remember.

A faulty breath before a little shaking and a comment about her not knowing what it was but knowing who it was. That in and of itself was perhaps even easier to work with. You can track people down, you can scour for information. Having measly descriptions and then having to backtrack...that's more difficult. Of course she had to play her game, she had to keep control as much as she could, simply saying: "... I won't... tell..."

Well have fun dying then... He thought to himself irritated, though he didn't let his facial features alter in the slightest to reveal it. An image flashed through his mind and he immediately regretted his previous thought, though his compassion was feeling a bit strained. But there was a sense of familiarity in this woman and her sense of entitlement. He continued with his stoicism and shook his head, arching an eyebrow when she finished her comment, stating that she would only tell him if he agreed to become her king. Something didn't sit right with that with Humanity actually. It didn't exactly...make sense to him. So she's hurt and dying, and he can potentially save her life. But she doesn't want to be saved unless he agrees to marry her? Did this woman jump right out of a Shakespearian play or what in the name of god was happening right now?

"No... that's not how this works." He said with a slight tinge of irritation beneath his voice as he squatted down and looked over the wound and then looked to the infamous Queen of Thrones in the eyes. Letting out a slightly apologetic sigh he shook his head. "Look I can deal with the dominatrix thing you've got going. Just from the of the sheer fact that I'm assuming you're very similar to me, you don't like not having control.... But I really, really can't stand the playground promises. If you want me to be your king you need to live long enough to be my queen. That starts with trusting me." He said quietly, trying for one moment to just be himself rather than some vigilante with his identity revealed. His guard wasn't down, but he knew he'd never be able to connect with her if he allowed Humanity to be everything all the time. He knew very little of this woman but the voice in the back of his head simply told him that this woman was a lot more like him than he probably realized yet. His eyes were pretty wide at the end of his mini-lecture and he nodded as if prompting her with the silent inquiry of "Do you understand what I'm saying?" though he simply had nothing else he could do but await her reply. Though to be entirely honest he had absolutely no clue what her reply would bring.

(Un)Steady - Page 2 Hounpu10
The Hound
The Hound

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2016-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 26th 2016, 3:01 am

Consciousness was slipping faster than an avalanche down Mount Fuji. She was fighting it, trying to stay awake as best she could as she looked up to Humanity, her eyes half lidded. The rain wasn't helping, either. It was making it harder to stay away. The soft lull of each rain drop actually playing a sort of melody to send her off to sleep.

She couldn't keep herself awake any longer. It was obvious how weak she was right now, and she used her last breath to mutter a name.

"Lucius... Alba..." and then she fell into subconscious.

A smile was playing her lips, despite her current situation. She fell limp onto the ground, no more strength left in her body. No breath coming from her lungs. Her body shut down into a sort of stasis, preventing her from dying entirely. At least, that's what it looked like. For all she knew, she was dead?

Standing in a stark white room, she looked around of her, and then realized each direction she looked she saw the back of her own head. Reaching up and behind of herself, she felt her head and then looked down and noticed blood on the ground. She slowly focused onto her chest and was shocked to see the blood was coming from a wound over her sternum.

Coughing a bit, blood splattered from her lips and it hit a blank wall only inches from her face. She then felt as if she was being suffocated, walls closing in on her from all sides. And then she choked on her own blood and was lost even deeper into her subconscious.

But on the outside, in the real world, she was a girl laying in the rain and in a puddle of her own blood.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity August 27th 2016, 12:35 am

The woman feel over a bit, her consciousness fading, he pulled on her shoulder and wrapped an arm under her head before she could hit the ground. Well he got the information he wanted, though the saying "be careful what you wish for" was certainly something that was reiterated within this life lesson. Or perhaps rather in this un-life lesson for the vampiric Madame. The rain spattering down intensified as he seemed to haze over in his mind, trying to process, trying to think with no avail.

Lucius Alba. The name itself stung more than he had expected it to as his lips twitched, a slight shake to them as if a dog growling and threatening the oncoming mail man. This man had been too long a thorn in the side of society. Be damned what that godchild believed in, Lucius alba was a menace; an utter fraud. The thunder lashed out, a perfect reflection of his internal anger. He smiled as he sat there, his mind running through possibility through possibility, and endless and painful number causing his brain to throb. But it was anger that numbed the pain...

Throwing the woman's arm over his shoulder he hoisted her up and then shifted, her around to establish some balance before lifting her legs up and carrying her over to his motorcycle. It took a small amount of effort to rig this where she was able to be carried as he rode, though nothing some duct tape and wire-twine couldn't fix. You think he's joking, but with such short notice it's all he could do. Driving with moderate speed and excellent balance, Humanity's silent engine zipped as he rolled through the town, eventually retreating to a safe location.

The place was an old, worn out building that most people had  honestly forgotten about. It was right on the outskirts of town and about 20 minutes away from Pittsburgh. It was Humanity's first hideout. His first sanctuary...from a simpler time, a time before Humanity. The windows were stained glass, dust and grime built up from years of neglect, an old parsonage rendered out of commission for the mold within it's walls. No one knew such a lovely, grey stone sided building was the lair of a vigilante.

A thunderous boom rang out as the steel door flew open and Humanity walked through the doorway. A hooded figure in a jean jacket and home-made armored jeans stood up from their chair and put their hand to the pistol on their side. the hooded figured sighed upon seeing Humanity and moved from behind his table of monitors and computers over to the table, where the queen of thrones now lay. The hooded figure was roughly five foot and four inches, their arm was in a sling and a voice modulator rest over their mouth, their attire looking like the definition of a street thug.

"What in the- Why did you bring her here?" His friend seemed to say, their arm hanging limp in front of them as it crossed their chest. Their voice modulator didn't hide the concern, nor did it hide the intense anger they tried to mask. Humanity had just brought a dangerous woman into the heart of the sanctum this street-rat had been using as their sanctuary.

"It's Lucius..." Humanity said, though this didn't seem to relax his associate, as they shook their head, looking as if they wanted more of an explanation. Of course Humanity did in fact have time to brief him.

"The Prime Minister of Belarus?" He asked, though Humanity simply stopped his haste to turn and look slowly at the man, whom raised their one hand in surrender as they turned back and went over to a table that had a microscope on it. Then they took out a glass slate and began to walk over to the glass laboratory refrigerator, where they kept the chemicals. Seeing professional laboratory equipment against dirty brick and basement cement had never truly lost it's appeal to him, despite how his compatriot had complained of it. There was something about the simplicity that had him captured, it kept him grounded.  The other man took a small swab of The queen's blood before going to he microscope and looking into it, a clear solution in avail next to him. The liquid inside sizzled in contact with the blood of the woman.

"What are the readings?" Humanity asked, already knowing the answer and beginning to get sterile tubing out of the packet and walking over to the secured freezer, taking off a glove and pressing his thumbprint to it.

"Red Energy. It's in her blood stream....how is she even-"
"She's a vampire...more or less. Though probably more. Vampires don't grow angel wings." Humanity ripped his mask form his face and unlatched his gauntlet, placing them both on a table before returning to gather a few more objects, though all of them he put back with a noise. the noise seemed to become more and more severe as each thing he pulled seemed to be a futile attempt in his mind. Though as his friend began to speak he froze, something coming to mind as he turned and returned to the safe of the freezer.

"What kind of abomination is this thing?" He asked, though he was ignored as Humanity looked into the secure safe, staring at it as he weighed his options. "So just how do you intend to counteract the-" His voice trailed off as he looked up and saw Humanity looking into the deepest and most secured area in the freezer, almost paralyzed at the thought of what such a stare suggested.

"No..." He whispered, though even the whisper was loud enough for Humanity's head to turn a little, his eyes moving to the corners as if looking back to his associate. Humanity made no noises as he reached inside and withdrew a half gallon pouch of blood, bringing it over and plopping it down on a trey he had pulled over with his foot. Dropping the massive blood bag revealed there to be a pristine white label with a dragon symbol on it.

"Here it is. Four point four-two-five pounds of liquid life." He said with a small sigh, tearing an alcohol pad before rubbing it on the port of the blood bag, where the surgical tubing spike would penetrate. "Don't suppose she can get sick do you?" He asked but as he prepared to stab the blood bags port, he was pushed and pressed against the wall, one arm pushing the spoke back.

"NO! Stop would you think just think about this!? what are you doing Matt?" they asked, pushing his arm up to the wall and planting their shoulder into Humanity's sternum to keep him pinned. He knw he couldn't keep him down, but he had hoped that he wasn't going to get a spike in the neck. "JUST STOP! What are you doing? what are you doing!?" he asked.

"John...let me go." Matthew ordered, his partner in crime obeying reluctantly, awaiting a moment before slowly lifting himself up, pushing off Humanity to do so. He backed away and Humanity sighed.

"You yourself told me that...that blood bag. right there. It was the best chance you had of getting your powers back. Your best chance to have your life back. Your hopes, your dreams. Your power. It's all in that bag...think of what you're doing." But the second he had said that Humanity stepped forward and spiked the blood bag, pressing the small plastic chamber and filling it to the faint line and hanging the blood back on a small spike.  "What...why? wh-...what...you didn't use the needle..."

Humanity ignored him and simply went back to work. Though to the second part he smirked and shook his head.

"I don't need the needle. It's not going into her veins. It's going where the damage is..." He said, using a glove to slather the tubing in sterilized lubrication and placing the tube down her throat, then turning back to the bag and pointing to it. "Squeeze..." He said. His companion refused to move, but the moment humanity shot him a glare, he shuddered and moved, reluctantly executing his will.

It had been a few hours, her condition had begun to improve. While the Queen of Throne was unconscious Matthew had changed into more mundane clothing, checking her vital signs every five minutes and taking records. Every hour he ran a miniature blood test, and having only one patient and two workers made it easier...especially when the workers weren't talking...

"So how did you know this would work?" He finally asked. Humanity smirked and shrugged.

"Because to stop destruction you need creation. You need something higher. The remnants in that blood should counter-act whatever was in Red Tide's." He said, though it simply brought out an explosive shout, one that was likely to bring attention form anyone nearby.

"NO! How did you know her body could accept the blood!?" He shouted, anger quite prominent in his voice, though Humanity looked to him calmly, an eyebrow arched. "I-I'm sorry... I just.... Why would you do this? For her? She threatened you, she mocked you, she tried to control you. You had the possibility for everything and you just threw it down her throat. Why would you do that? You don't even know her..." the words were heavy enough for Humanity to dwell on them a little. He took in a breath and he sighed, leaning back on the wall and crossing his arms. It was a good moment but just as his friend had started to apologizing for questioning a decision that wasn't their business, he explained.

"That bag held all possibility that I had to ever achieving what I wanted. What I desired. But that bag....was also something else. It was fear. It was hesitation. Asking "do I have enough for trial and error?" or "What's going to happen when I do this to myself?". But none of those are the reason I passed it up. No... In that bag, of all else....was False Hope, colored sanguine and filled with lipids. The hope I could ever have what I wanted. The Hope that I could one day have my life back the way I wanted." He took a moment to breathe and then contemplate how he could possibly explain this to another. The thoughts were there, but they were as feelings. Inexplicable.

"When I met this woman she was a predator. But as I listened to her...as I do that...what do you and Pat call it? That "Eldritch" thing I do where I read people...heh... When I do that to her I don't see a predator. I see s horrified woman whose lost far too much. Someone who compensates by trying to control everything...like a game of chess. I see someone, who like me, would do anything to keep the ones they care for safe. I see someone whose tired of being the victim, whose tired of watching others victimized. So they try to control it. All of it. They play a game with fate..." He took a moment to shrug and clear his throat. "You're right, John. I don't know her. But that's exactly why I had to do it. This is someone's daughter....someone's sister. Someone's mother maybe. So if sacrificing my bag of false hope can give hope to someone like me.... to someone like her? I'd do it again. every time. I may be Akuyaku; but I refuse to let what they call me, what they perceive me as, to dictate wo I am...or what I do."

He had no idea of how long the woman had been awake, or if she had heard any of what he had said. But what he did know was that he believed it. He meant it...and he must really have wanted that drink, because he walked over to the small black refrigerator that they kept for food and took out a small brown glass bottle of Russian coffee-vodka and rum.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 27th 2016, 1:10 am

Water. Or was it? The room was completely empty, dark... empty.

Nothingness.

But each step forward made ripples appear. And a reflection of a girl was staring back up from the waters below.

Blinking at herself, she crouched down and reached her hand out to gently touch the waters.

As she did, she felt a hand grasp hers. It pulled her into the water.

Plunging into the cold, she gasped for breath and then realized she could breathe even as she floated beneath the still waters.

Looking to her hand, she followed the strange appendages that were clasping hers. A hand, a bit masculine based on tendon and bone structure - and definitely the wear and tear of the finger pads. Callouses felt rough against her flesh.

These hands were strong. They had worked hard to support whomever they belonged to.

Following up the arm, she realized the person in front of her was shirtless, and over their heart was a bleeding branded symbol of a dragon and what looked like clouds. She wished she could just reach out and drink it, but part of her knew that this was in her mind... or was it?

As she looked up to the male's face she noticed it was Matthew... or was it? His eyes weren't heterochromic like before. They were a bright, almost electric blue. And his hair... it was a flowing mess in the water the two of them floated in.

The hand pulled her closer, and strong arms wrapped around of her as she was pulled into an embrace. Donning her person was a soft, silky white dress... which was soon stained red by the open wound on this stranger's chest. The blood seeped and stained her dress, infiltrating every single fiber... except it missed a spot - just over her heart.

It was as if there was something preventing the fibers from staining red... and she looked down in confusion as she opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

She then looked back up and noticed the strange man was gone completely. And she was alone...

In a dark, wet, nothingness...

... she was a predator...

... I see a horrified woman whose lost far too much...

Stirring from her miniature comatose state, her eyes fluttered opened and she only saw a blur at first. Breathing through her nose, she went to talk and suddenly felt the tube down her throat and realized what was happening after glancing around.

She then realized that Matthew was here, and so was another person. She could smell an uneasiness on the secondary person. It was odd... but she could only understand why. If she knew correctly, or assumed correctly, Matthew's choice company would also be the slayers of abominations alike to her.

Listening to what Matthew had to say, tears actually started to leak from her eyes, and she couldn't control it. She was stable, but still to weak to will away any emotions at this point. The tube was still in the way for her to speak, but she did reach out and put her hand into Matthew's, giving it a gentle squeeze as she held onto it. This would be just before he thought of grabbing a drink.

Her eyes said it all, but she really just wanted to say thank you out loud.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity August 27th 2016, 8:12 pm

She squeezed his hand and it shocked him, he had to fight the surge to try and flip the table she was on. His heart started racing in shock before he sighed and chuckled a little, releasing stress in that format to cope with the sudden shift. He patted her hand and then he took himself back up on that offer of alcohol. He had watched carefully as his acquaintance had begun to examine the woman, then going and fixating upon some video footage of the "encounter" she had with Humanity. The footage revealed something strange, something he didn't notice before.  He realized that Humanity still had the one arrow left, and he found it quite peculiar that he'd leave this particular arrow be.

"I see you didn't use B2... any particular reason why?" He asked, his voice indicating some form of suspicion, though Humanity simply shrugged, shaking his head a bit. "You went out there to set things right. To make yourself known. To put your sins to rest. Three arrows, grab the target and leave. It was that simple."

"Plans change John." Matthew said before taking a sip, the mixture a rick substance that trailed down his throat, a nice and refreshing milky frost splashing down into his stomach. Plans did change, a lot. He didn't anticipate on being proposed to tonight. He didn't anticipate saving a vampire tonight. He didn't anticipate on the name Lucius Alba haunting him for the fourth time. His mind was running through all of the possibilities.

"So I assume this means we're done. You're giving up on it now?" Humanity sighed after hearing this and he nodded, bringing the drink back up to his mouth and downing the contents. "I don't know what happened to you. I don't know why you think the plan's changed. But it hasn't... The Minister-Is absolutely right." Though Matthew's interruption was cut off by a long and refreshed sign, throwing the bottle and shattering it against a wall, the plentiful shards at the base of it showing that it was a common thing, even so much so that there had been dust on some of them. He would lean against the wall once more and brought his hand up, looking to the golden cross that hung around him upon a golden chain.

"I'm not the safest thing. I'm not stable. I'm not normal. I never will be. I was almost blown up, clinically dead for a week and the only reason I didn't wake up was because an eldritch horror placed a curse on me so that I wouldn't come back of my own free will, or by the free will of any other than his own." He explained before shrugging. "John, it can never happen. What I was doing here, tonight. I was staring through the night. I was looking at my blood bag and... I can't do that. Humanity is all I can ever be to make up for what I've done. If that requires a-a- a political arrangement then....so be it..." There was an uneven silence, This friend of Humanity's, John. He wanted to do something about this, he wanted to say something but the very presence of Matthew being there prevented him. It stopped him dead in his tracks. Humanity walked up and placed a hand on his friend's shoulder, shaking with with a smile before walking past him and looking down at the rousing patient.

"Besides....it's like I said." He smirked before patting the woman's hand and walking past.  "This life is not mine..."

Last edited by Humanity on September 2nd 2016, 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 27th 2016, 9:47 pm

The slab she was laying on, the table, it was cold... but relaxing. The tube in her throat, however, was annoying. She looked over to the bag and noticed it was still pumping into her, about a sixteenth of the bag left now... so it wouldn't be long until she could leave and stop being a burden on them.

But their method of insertion was a bit odd - had they been given trouble with finding a vein? She was sure her arm would have accepted a needle.

Blinking a bit, she then closed her eyes and sighed through her nose, her teeth resting against the tube. She looked like a normal girl now. The wound on her chest no longer there. It was odd... everything. She could have just sent him a letter - but no... she chose to stalk him like prey and test his abilities.

As she thought about it, her mind was numbed to her surroundings. Until a bottle crashed against the wall. It made her jerk her attention there, looking up to the protege, John. He was standing over her, poking and prodding at her - but in an examination fashion. Not just to pester her.

"Samhain... that bastard. He was right to be so afraid of Matthew that he would put him into a coma and the price was a stupid sword. she thought to herself, her brows furrowing in frustration as Matt mentioned an eldritch horror.

She had made up her mind, now, however. Samhain would get his blade. She would make sure of that. Humanity was the perfect candidate to become her King - whether he was sure of that or not. He would help her in many ways... and she was still mulling over the other ways he would be of a help to her.

She blinked a few times and moved her tongue, her throat feeling very rough. She couldn't move her head much, so she was stuck seeing half of John and Matt as they discussed among each other.

As he pat her hand, she reached for him, her eyes becoming a bright cerulean hue. A glow was coming from them, but as soon as she blinked, the smoldering amber of her brown eyes came back as if the glowing blue was an illusion.

The bag was almost empty now. She didn't want to waste any of it, but seeing the symbol on it made her think of her dream she had. A dragon symbol. But it wasn't exactly the same as the tattoo on her saviors chest.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity August 30th 2016, 11:22 pm

Matthew had taken his leave, excusing himself silently as John walked about, his shadowed over face unseen to most, though if the vampiric mistress had any form of night vision it would be quite a different story. His eyes furrowed as he looked over the woman, as if unsure what to do in this situation. Pulling out a pistol he began to spin it around his finger, the trigger not seeming to send the gun into a frenzy, quite the feat of dexterity on that account. The man hummed, musing over the being before starting to fish out the tube.

"So I'd like to take this time to cut you open and disect you. Unfortunately Humanity is adamant that I not..." John said as he folded his one working arm, pistol in hand, folding it over his lame extremity. He seemed to watch whatever it was Chelle was doing, though she was probably very woozey, it was possible she was ready to attack, especially from what he had seen earlier. Of course he had himself ready, but there was still a sense of anticipation in his aura. He was not nearly as deceptive as his mentor, that much was certain.  

"...I was equally adamant that he not leave me here with you....Rather creepy little creature." He said as he cleared his throat and began to move back over to his monitors, trusting that the woman wouldn't actually pay any heed to him. It was obvious that she wasn't here for him anyway.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 1st 2016, 10:38 pm

Chelle tried to sit up, but the tube twisting in her esophagus as she turned her torso made her feel a tad bit uncomfortable. Her outsides were tough, but her insides? Squishy, vulnerable, and easily annoyed by plastic tubes down one's throat.

She watched on, a bit of fear speckled in her eyes as she watched John spin the gun on his finger. She picked up his name from Matthew loosely using it. But, she would respect the male's privacy and refer to him as 'sir,' once she was able to speak.

And, she was granted that pleasure as John moved forward and started to guide the tube out of her stomach, throat, and then finally, her mouth. Free of the tube vexxing her ability to speak, she coughed a bit and swallowed, her own saliva having to do the trick.

"... Whether you believe me or not," she only spoke once he was sitting back down and she had been left to sit on the cold slab by herself.

"I appreciate what little you have done for me." she was silent as she got off of her table, her feet just barely brushing on the floor as she walked.

She stood behind, but slightly to the left, of John for a few moments.

She finally spoke, making him turn in annoyance, or panic. One of the two. Possibly both.

"You don't happen to have spare paper and a pen, would you?" she asked, offering a smile. No fangs were in sight, however, and her eyes were the brightest amber they had ever been.

"... Are you going to kill me with it?" he said, his one good hand fishing to find a sheet of paper and a pencil - a bit less deadly than a pen.

Accepting what he had to offer, Chelle simply smiled and moved back to the table. She was moving slowly, her body feeling a bit heavier than normal.

On her way to sit, she grabbed a stray clip board and then sunk down onto the table.

Hunching over the paper, she scrawled out a message to Matthew, but she was sure John would read it anyway.

My dearest Matthew,

It is my regrettable decision that this may be the last time we ever see one another. It seems my request to take your hand as my King just does not appease you as it does I.

You have done me the best that anyone ever has in my entire existence on this God forsaken planet, and I am quite old. ( Before you ask, it's rude to inquire a ladies age... however, I am nearing my fourth millennium.)

My reasons for wanting you by my side are selfish, and I cannot spoil myself all of the time. I just hope to see you again... Our time together, how short, was sweet.

Faithfully your Queen,

Rochelle DiMartino

She rolled the paper and grabbed a loose needle, jabbing it through the center and leaving it laying on the slab. She then excused herself, not even letting a word pass her lips as she stepped outside.

The rain had cleared, but the night was still young. Crickets were chirping, and a full old toads were croaking. Standing still for a few moments, she looked to see if the coast were clear, and then her wings unfurled behind of her in a brilliant display of ebony and crimson. The moon's soft light cast upon her as she lifted from the ground. The soft whooshing noises of her wings lifting her up into the sky would be the last thing heard from her as she took her leave.

"... Until we meet again," she said, her eyes filling with tears as she flew into the night.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity September 2nd 2016, 1:36 am

"...What a whack job...." John said as he looked over the note, tossing it back onto the slab and walking back over to his computer, sitting down and looking for Humanity's location. The visual feed had been blocked by Humanity, his own paranoia leading him to be untrusting of even his favorite people. His protege beinf amongst them. "You two might actually be made for each other. A match made in He-what the-..." John stopped as he heard the audio feed from Humanity's end pick up faint traces of noise. John turned up the volume and began to examine the audio-waves.

Matthew was sitting in the dark room, his boots were off and he walked in his socks across the soft, cream colored carpet. The room distinctly smelled of mandarin orange and cranberry, likely the result of the candles in the room. As he walked, Humanity licked his forefinger and thumb before he pinched the wic's, a sizzle sending a whisps up. Matthew knew full well that this smell was pleasant...but it wasn't amongst the favorites of the one whom resided within this room. Removing his lighter and reaching into his backpack he withdrew four candles, two different kinds, each one of them a contested favorite. With a spark, he turned the candles upside-down.

Winter's garden and Ocean Star.

They were his favorite. He always dreamed sweeter dreams when these candles were lit. It was funny, when these two candles were placed in his room the following morning it was always hardest to wake him from his sleep. He always wanted to sleep in with these candles. He always wanted to do his homework in his room when these kinds were what his grandmother had placed in his room. Of course Humanity had merely assumed it to have been his Grandfather, the small gesture being a way for him to keep some semblance of his own mother in their lives. It seemed unlike him, though people do in fact change...

Moving over to the bed he took a seat, the darkness surrounding him, the candlelight and starlight outside the only things keeping the darkness at bay. Placing one on the counter by his television, and one on his night-stand, Matthew finally eased himself onto the bed, the mattress making a small groan before he simply sat there, trying to breathe as quietly as possible.  His eyes behind his glasses, the flame flickering from them and a small smile playing at his lips. His hand came up and his thumb pushed back a small drift of black hair aside and looking down on the small and sleeping child.

"Mama, come here. Approach. Appear." He whispered with a slightly off tuned song hiding under his voice.  His thumb brushed against the child's cheek. "Daddy. I'm alone. 'Cause this house don't feel like a home." His voice shook a little as he placed his hand on the boy's cheek and his breathing seemed to shallow a small bit.

"If you love me... don't let go. If you love me. Don't let go." He said as his hand shifted and he rhythmically seemed to pet the child. "Hold, hold on, hold onto me. 'Cause I'm a little unsteady. A little Unsteady. Hold on, hold onto me. 'Cause I'm a little unsteady. A little Unsteady." The song wasn't one Matthew knew too well, but it was one he had heard this child sing before. A song that this boy enjoyed. A song that his son enjoyed. In that aspect he took great love in the song.

"Mother, I know. You're tired of being alone." Humanity began, though the boy shifted and he almost jumped, horrified yet somehow wanting nothing more than for his child to open his eyes.

"Daddy" was all he said as he pulled on the comforter and brought it up to his cheek.

"I know you're tryin'...." Humanity said as his eyes were drawn to the night sky, and exactly as he continued the song he had seen a rather magnificent image. "To fight when you feel like flyin'. " He had noticed black wings of obsidian against the midnight sky, for a brief moment all color was lost to it as it passed, eclipsing like a brief shadow, a shade dancing across the night sky. He knew it had to have been her... He continued to sing...or rather butcher the song and call it signing, as he turned his head back to the child.

"If you love me, don't let go..." He leaned down and he took in a short breath before whispering again, his hand slipping into his son's. "If you love me..." He leaned down and kissed his son on the forehead.

"Don't let go" The child's eyes began to open a little, but when he managed to open them he realized that no one was there. But as he looked he noticed that he must have fallen asleep with something in his hand. When he looked, however he saw a golden cross, upon a golden chain within his hand. A curious thing, as he hadn't ever possessed one for himself. The child sat up and repositioned himself in bed, and looked at the cross for a while as he noticed a strange aroma in the air. Looking around he witnessed the candlelight's were upon candles he hadn't smelled before he had gone to sleep. Perhaps his grandmother had placed them there, the other's worn out their novelty. Citrus, snow and pine, ocean waters surrounding him in smell. The child stirred for a moment before cocooning himself within his comforter, and leaving his arm out before him, to look at the cross in hand as he fell asleep once more, the noise of the crickets singing out in his yard.

John leaned back in his chair, as he sighed. He finally realized what Humanity had done. Rather than infiltrate and taking the child back by force, he simply went in and made his peace. He had said goodbye. But that was not the most shocking part of the events, oh no. He had sung.

John hadn't heard Humanity even try to sing in a very, very long time...

...something had changed.

(Topic Concluded)

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum