The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Holotype I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Holotype I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Holotype I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Holotype I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Holotype I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Holotype I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Holotype I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Holotype I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Holotype I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Holotype I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Holotype I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Holotype I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Holotype I_vote_lcapHolotype I_voting_barHolotype I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Holotype

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Holotype Empty Holotype

Post by Holotype February 25th 2013, 1:39 am

HOLOTYPE
I teach you the Ubermensch. Man is something that must be surpassed. What have you done to surpass him?

Basic Biography

Renegade Name: Holotype
Title: Mr.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Self-defined “transhuman”
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 120 lbs.
Blood type: O-

The Looks

Normally, Alexandros resembles a somewhat lithe human young adult, with olive skin and shoulder-length dark hair. His fashion is rather nondescript but uniform: he is almost always wearing plain black jeans, plain black sneakers, a plain black shirt and a black leather jacket.
However, when his powers are activated, Alexandros’ appearance completely changes. The entire process has been described by onlookers as him quite literally turning inside out. At first, his body is covered by a leathery substance that resembles human muscle tissue, and is then covered by dull, metal armor in parts, with the thickest protection on the shins, forearms, spine, upper chest and skull. Finally, a dull violet glow emanates from a pattern resembling the human nervous system, shining equally through the leathery portion of his armor. The face of this “armor” is a metal helmet that features a unmoving cast of his face with a placid, featureless expres​sion(similar to an ancient Greek statue) and the same glow radiating from the mouth and eye areas, neither of which move regardless of his speech or focus of vision.
((An image of the character will come as soon as I can browbeat one of my artist friends into drawing it))

The Legacy

Personality: Holotype, as he prefers to be known, is a rather… odd duck. He absolutely rejects his humanity, self-identifying as a “transhuman” and believes himself to be the standard to which mankind’s successors must be measured. Interpersonally, he can best be described as a “high functioning sociopath”- recognizing the value of emotion, law, empathy and the like, and at times simulating them, but incapable of truly feeling them himself. Morally, he is highly consequentialist, as he believes so called “deontological” morals are a human construction and do not apply to him. He sees very little value in human life and, perhaps most chillingly, does not hold any concept of the sanctity of the human body- because of this, he is either incapable of or willingly chooses not to “pull his punches” and views dismemberment as mundanely as he does paperwork. Heavily influenced by the works of Friedrich Nietzsche, he values personal will and the drive to apply it above all else: and his personal application of will tends towards creating a utopian state for other “transhumans”.

Despite the above, he is not without his redeeming qualities. He has a very strong sense of humor, albeit one that is exceedingly black and morbid at times, which goes hand-in-hand with a quick wit. A natural leader and a problem solver, he prides himself on lateral thinking, which he claims is due to being “liberated” from human heuristics and thought processes. He is oddly gregarious, and displays deep loyalty for those who earn his respect. In addition, he is incredibly philosophical, choosing his actions based just as much on philosophical poignancy as logic or pragmatism.

History: Alexandros was born the only son of Andromache “Machi” Kazantzakis, a successful novelist, and Raoul Meursault, a journalist and French national, in Manhattan’s posh Upper East Side. Living the privileged life as the child of two self-admitted “yuppies”, Alexandros never had to deal with much want, and his forays into philosophy and literature were supported and funded by his mother, who divorced his father at an early age. Always gifted with a relatively high intellect, he also exhibited early warning signs of antisocial personality disorder from an early age, which was willfully ignored by his mother despite occasional tussles with authority.

Admitted into a prestigious high school for the gifted, Alexandros’ life changed on a spring day during his sophomore year. During a solitary lunch, one of his particularly troubled classmates barged into the lunchroom and opened fire with a semiautomatic handgun, killing three students before setting his sights on Alexandros. Before he could pull the trigger, Alexandros’ brush with death activated his powers, which lead to him quite literally eviscerating the gunman before fleeing the scene. Always somewhat self-superior, Alexandros now had verifiable PROOF of his greatness, using his powers as a tautological justification that his personal philosophies were correct.
This began a year-long career as an independent, thrill-seeking vigilante, mostly stopping street crime in increasingly brutal methods for kicks as he solidified his philosophies. Eventually settling on the idea that he and his superpowered ilk were intended to inherit the Earth, he sought out likeminded superhumans with the eventual goal of establishing an all-superhuman state, to which most of his energies have gone following his graduation from high school and entrance into college.
Due to the destruction and evacuation of New York, Alexandros and his mother relocated to her pied-a-terre in Paris, where he has started his attempts to understand and reach out to the European superhuman community and drum up support for his utopian vision, though he has also considered returning to the former site of New York and assist in rebuilding efforts to garner support.

The Powers

Power 1: Enhanced smattering of human abilities: he’s a low superhuman on pretty much every physical characteristic, though he’s especially agile. When rendered unconscious, or when enough damage is sustained, his suit and powers disappear.

Power 2: Telekinesis. hile far from the most powerful of telekinetics, as he is especially limited in the duration and range in which he can use it. As such, he mostly limits himself to strong, surgical strikes with well defined, simple geometric shapes, as well as using it to augment his agility. His suit has the ability to generate telekinetically-enhanced weapons, though he he seems to stick to combat knives with monomolecular blades of telekinetic force and semi-automatic pistols that fire telekinetic bullets, neither of which work if used by another individual. Like most of his powers, these disappear when his suit is not active.

Power 3: Intrinsic and advanced knowledge of CQC and small arms usage. Initially tied to him activating his powers, he has built up a degree of muscle memory and has studied recordings of his own fights to maintain lower-level knowledge of these martial arts even when his powers are not active.

Power 4: Alexandros is an incredibly intelligent young man, though this seems entirely independent of his superhuman abilities. While well versed in literature, philosophy and media theory, STEM fields aren't exactly impenetrable to him.

Grid for powers activated
Intelligence: 4
Occult: 0
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Durability: 5
Ability: 5
Fighting Skills: 6
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 2

Grid for powers deactivated
Intelligence: 4
Occult: 0
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Durability: 2
Ability: 0
Fighting Skills: 3
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 2

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Holotype on February 25th 2013, 8:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Holotype

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 8
Job : Literary Agent
Humor : Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

Holotype Empty Re: Holotype

Post by Chellizard February 25th 2013, 10:48 am

You explained his suit in his appearance, and explained he has telekinesis; but is his suit the real power?

From what I understand it's how he's durable, and perhaps how he's stronger, and also how he augments his Telekinetic monomolecular blades.

But.. there's no actual explanation of the "suit."

Seeing as it is his.. power, and the "how" he has and uses the powers.. err, what I mean is I understand what you've written up.

But I lack understanding in his stats with and without the suit; unless that's his actual ability; the suit being the reason of his powers.

if that's the case, make a little note there, and you'll be approved in no time.

Also, I'd personally like to thank you for not abusing our stat system, and as for your concerns in the Chatbox, I did not write this system. I did, however, take part in helping the construction of it. I agree with you on some points, and others I am completely not opinionated on. I do say this, however; The RPer determines the outcome, no the stat system. The system is a guide to prevent people from being "most powerful" all the time.

And you are right in some areas of your concerns; the system is a bit halfassed in areas, and needs proper readjustments.

But, I cannot go changing it when a new member comes on gloating about his expertise with no actual proof of such.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say this much; you're a cool guy.

Stay Golden, and write up that bit I asked about the suit.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Holotype February 25th 2013, 12:37 pm

If you want me to drum up some evidence of my credentials in game development I can, though I fully admit my area of expertise is narrative rather than system design.

As for the suit, I thought I was clear enough, but essentially, he has no powers (aside from his intellect and maybe above-average fighting skills) when it's not activated. Conceptually, Holothpe draws a bit from Japanese style "henshin heroes", of which the most known examples outside of Japan would probably, embarrassingly, be the Power Rangers. Basically, they're normal humans until they transform into costume (without manually putting on a suit) and once transformed, they have their powers. That make sense to you?
Holotype

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 8
Job : Literary Agent
Humor : Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard February 25th 2013, 2:02 pm

So it's a genetic suit; not a suit he can take off and other people can wear. If that's the case, then it's how his powers work, and is essentially his power which gives him his telekinesis and durability.

So, if you'd like, create a grid that reflects his stats without the suit in action.

You were clear, by the way, in explaining how the suit works, but not exactly.. how he has the suit; just that one day it occurred to him he had greater purpose. His history is vague on it. But, yes it does make sense.

And narrative expertise versus system writing is w/e.

I've never written a system in my life, and nor has the person who helped create the new system for this board.

The system plays a role by forcing people to make certain characters, and that's going to be more heavily enforced by setting up a few more much needed rules.

Hop on the cbox to discuss more.

Also, approved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum