The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Famine I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Famine I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Famine I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Famine I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Famine I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Famine I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Famine I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Famine I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Famine I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Famine I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Famine I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Famine I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Famine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Famine Empty Famine

Post by Spartan999 October 16th 2012, 8:35 pm

Villain Name: Famine
Title: Avatar of Famine, the Hunger
Alignment: Neutral Evil (leaning towards chaotic)
Race: Avatar of Famine
Height: 5' 9”
Weight: 132 lbs.
Appearance: He appears as a short, dangerously thin man of Syrian descent. His hair is long, curly, and black, and his short beard is scraggly and unkempt. His dark eyes convey a sense of intense hunger for whatever he looks at. He usually wears sweatpants, a hoodie, and has a small satchel containing his mask. All of his clothing is dirty and old. He has taken to a habit of twiddling his fingers when idle, and often mutters nonsensical stuff to himself.

When he so chooses, his body can almost whither and turn skeletal, his hair falls out, and his clothes become decayed rags garbing him. His eyes also glow slightly, and his voice takes on another tonal while speaking. He often dons [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] he received from the Horseman of Famine when looking like this.

History:
Almost a thousand years ago, during the Crusades, there was a small family of two living in a small village near Damascus. They were poor, and had barely enough to sustain each other, let alone their newborn son. With supplies running low, they were approached by the aspect of one of the Four Horsemen, Famine. He offered to keep their son alive without wasting their food if they promised he would become a servant of the Horseman. They agreed, and the child did indeed survive without the need to eat...or drink...or sleep. When they tried to give him bread, it became nothingness in his mouth. Water evaporated. He couldn't sleep.

Then, when he was about thirteen, he accidentally killed both of his parents with abilities granted by Famine. Terrified, he ran away, and in the desert he became mad while simultaneously being instructed by his master. When he returned to civilization, his presence made people ill and crave sustenance, and within a day the small village was completely silent, save for his muttering and the moan of the wind.

So that cycle continued, except in larger cities only the poorer districts were affected. His later travels are not known or documented at all, but it is known that near the year 2000 he relocated to Africa. Famine abounded there, allowing him to thrive.

He has been wandering around since then, traveling the world and marveling in all the ways he can bring famine upon people.

Powers:
~Famine: He was granted the power of Famine by the Horseman himself. He can manipulate this power into various ways, the most common of which is to make others feel like they are starving. However, it isn't limited to just that effect. He can cause the molecular bonds on things to decay, making the object or person weaker and eventually succumb to death ((Note: He can easily kill average humans using this, but metahumans are more resistant simply due to the fact that they are superior; their resistance also depends on their durability, how fast they can dodge, energy projection shielding, and/or how far they are from him.)). He can also wrack targets with pain, which is primarily focused around the feeling of hunger.

~Regeneration: An aura about him leeches stability and life force from the surrounding environment when he is wounded, healing him--this does not affect metahumans. He is also, for all intents and purposes, immortal. When limbs or even his head are cut off, they become dust; the severed appendage then gradually reforms, and within minutes to hours it is fully regrown. He also does not need to eat, drink, or sleep to survive; in fact, he is incapable of doing so. Unfortunately, the side-effects mean he continuously has feelings of starvation and experiences various forms of insanity. These can temporarily be abated if he kills someone with his abilities.

Power Grid:
Intelligence: 3
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Energy Projection:
~6 Famine
~5 Regeneration
Fighting Skills: 2

Items:
~Mask: This is his only truly valuable possession. It is nigh unbreakable, and somehow manages to find its way back to him even when lost or stolen. Apart from those qualities, it only serves to protect his face and help disguise his identity.

RP Sample:

The shabby man shuffled along the sidewalk, hands in his pockets. He slowly walked into the diner, moving slowly to a bench near the back. Upon sitting, a waitress came up to get his order, and he pointed at an rather extravagant meal on the menu. She nodded, then walked away. He sighed, then rotted the interior of the security cameras for fifty meters all around, making them useless.

Adham then stood, and reached out for the supports. The sides of the building collapsed, blocking all exits. Before the dust was cleared, he donned the mask and took a step forward, his clothes becoming ragged robes while his body became essentially skin stretching across a skeleton.

Screams echoed around the interior as people tried to scramble for the exits, not yet realizing Famine's presence. He tried to get their attention, but failed miserably. He shrugged, then hopped onto the counter.

LISTEN!” He roared, making everyone freeze. His eyes blazed, and his voice was distorted by his power. The part of his mask over his mouth opened vertically and slid back, making it so his words weren't so muffled. “That's better. Now, here's the problem. You all want to escape, and therefor live, but I want every single last one of you to die.” He paused to let that sink in. The mouth guard slid back as he lifted his arms.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Faint Shadow:

Famine:

Sol Comet:
Spartan999
Spartan999

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 31
Job : Backstabbing things.
Humor : Insanity galore.
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Famine Empty Re: Famine

Post by Chellizard October 16th 2012, 8:43 pm

You have to touch a powered character; and I'd say you'd need some kind of tendril to extend to latch onto the opponent. Or form 'energy' balls of death and throw it at them; it would be like a dark energy that would have a DOT affect.

Ya dig?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan999 October 16th 2012, 8:44 pm

The way I'm imagining it is a ripple in the air as the "Famine energy" goes towards its target. It's not instant, but it does move pretty quickly.

Faint Shadow:

Famine:

Sol Comet:
Spartan999
Spartan999

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 31
Job : Backstabbing things.
Humor : Insanity galore.
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 16th 2012, 9:15 pm

All right. So, tbh, it'd be almost useless; unless it's a wide wave. That could be fine.

Lemme know.

~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 16th 2012, 9:27 pm

K well. As long as you know it cannot kill supers, approved and moved.

(:

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top