The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Shadowraith I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Shadowraith I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Shadowraith I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Shadowraith I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Shadowraith I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Shadowraith I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Shadowraith I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Shadowraith I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Shadowraith I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Shadowraith I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Shadowraith I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Shadowraith I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Shadowraith I_vote_lcapShadowraith I_voting_barShadowraith I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Shadowraith

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shadowraith Empty Shadowraith

Post by Shadowmaster June 25th 2012, 6:19 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Shadowraith
Title: None
Alignment: Good, but not incorruptibly so
Race: Human
Hair: Silver
Eyes: Red
Height: 5'9 (6'11 as monster)
Weight: 140 lbs. (42 as monster)

Costume Description/Image: Not much of a costumed superhero, he usually wears a black coat and black gloves outside the lab. If opperating as Shadowraith, he usually cloaks himself in wisps of dark energy which distort the light around him, making him appear as a showy figure. he can also disguise his voice in a similar manner, which presents as a loud whisper.

Personality: He can become very obsessive which can lead to angry outbursts, but is usually mild mannered. He is kind to those who he feels deserve it, but merciless to any he considers to be scum.

History: Born in the swampland of Louisiana, he was discovered by then priest Anthony Walkins who had been curious about claims that a satanic cult was meeting in the wilds. He arrived just in time to save the baby, who was about to be sacrificed in the name of some pagan god. To his great horror, he watched as a shadowy entity forced it's way into the baby while the cultists swayed rhythmically. In a moment of desperation, he lashed out violently at the cultists in a rescue attempt, and was forced to kill the cultists in order to save the boy's life. In his shame at taking the life of humans, Walkins retired from priesthood and became a farmer, raising the baby he saved as his own and naming him Todd. Over the first few years of his life Todd behaved like any normal child, but Walkins became alarmed when at age two the boy's hair began turning silver. By age four Todd's hair had gone completely from brown to silver, and his eyes changed from brown to a dull red. After no doctors could provide a reasonable explanation for the change, Walkins became convinced that the ritual he witnessed had done something toTodd. Believing that things were out of his hands, Walkins gaveTodd to nuns who promised to raise him in the presence of God so that the evil changes could not progress any further. Todd grew up hating the nuns and resenting religion, which his genius mind rejected at an early age as nonsense. He knew that the nuns saw some evil in him despite his perfect study habits and adherence to all their rules, which frustrated him constantly and made him obsess over the concept of justice in his teen years. Once he was 16 he left the church behind to attend college and made his way through c on scholarships and research grants. By 22, Todd had a P.H.D in psychology, physics and chemistry. However, Todd's college experience wasn't all A's and grants. He had begun to notice peculiar occurrences: his shadow seemed to move interdependently of light sources at times, rooms seemed to become darker as he entered, and lab equipment was mysteriously damage or unable to function in his presence. This all culminated in an incident at a party he went to junior year. Bully Tommy Jansen had just humiliated him in front of Diana Coffin, his college love interest.Todd tried to drink the embarrassment away but suddenly became overcome with a destructive impulse and wrecked Tommy's car. Tommy came out to beat Todd senseless for what he did to his car but Todd just shouted "back off!" Tommy then ran in terror and the strange sensation faded from Todd. He saw Diane looking out the window at him, face pale and shocked. He often asked her what she had seen that terrified her so much, but neither Diane or Tommy ever wanted to talk to him again and they both transferred at the end of the year. Todd remembered the story the nun's told him the day he left--the story of how he was found and his strange eye and hair coloration, but not for one second, not even when he started hearing voices did Todd ever believe himself possessed. with years of research, he eventually concluded that some sort of dark energy creature had entered him as a baby, but it had not been given time to fully assimilate itself with him. Once he began to understand his powers, he started to learn to control them through scientific means. He even deduced that the voices he had been hearing was a separate psyche that had formed as a side effect of the energy being's influence. Chris began referring to this entity as the monster, a name which the being took a liking to and has subsequently used as a name. The two even sometimes engage in friendly banter, but Todd is not yet aware of the full extent of Monster's deep seated desire to destroy. So far, his only heroic feat has been to scare the hell out of a would be mugger, but was ultimately disturbed by the encounter when Monster's urge to destroy the teen was so powerful that he went so far as to press a blade of shadow to the kid's throat.

Powers: Dark energy manipulation: Whether it is a curse or a gift is unclear to Todd, but his condition has come with remarkable abilities. Todd's powers take a toll on his physical health, but grant him immunity to most other forms disease, though this doesn't fully extend into the realm of chemicals (extreme levels of alchohal, sedatives, or poisons still affect him). His primary offense and defense come in the form of manipulating Dark energy. This power grows in the absence of light, and as such he has focused a considerable portion of energy in his own shadow, which he can manipulate as a malleable physical substance. He can make tendrils, blades and shields from this energy, and can greatly increase it's size and density. on a moonless night his power could extend such that he could generate a small tidal wave of shadow, though his control in this instance is limited. He can also focus the dark energy to cancel out other forms of energy from kinetic to pure blasts. at best he could completely cancel out a blast of concussive energy that hits like a small truck, but doing so would not be automatic and he would have great trouble with a barrage of such energy. In such an event he would use a dense shadow shield. The amount of "shadow" he commands is limited, and is further limited by light. In it's most condensed form it cannot be used simultaneously as attack and defense. He can also use dark energy to negate the bonds in solid structure, in effect acting exactly like an acid. Anything stronger than steel would take time to go through, and certain substances or high endurance metahumans would likely have complete immunity to this effect.

The remnants of the dark energy being inside Todd have fused with his soul. As such, he is sometimes prone to draw psychotic conclusions.

(As himself)

STR: 1
SPD: 2
END: 2
INT: 5
EP: 6
FS: 6

Power Grid colours: Black and Gray.

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Shadowmaster on July 6th 2012, 6:46 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixin Power grid stuff)
Shadowmaster
Shadowmaster

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-06-25

Back to top Go down

Shadowraith Empty Re: Shadowraith

Post by Bliss June 25th 2012, 6:45 pm

Your Intelligence and Fighting Skills need to remain the same, unless they drop to zero

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss June 25th 2012, 7:51 pm

Approved with an ep split of shadow manipulation 5 and transformation 1.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top