The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_vote_lcapA midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_voting_barA midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A midnight fright, courtesy of the Lord of Shadows

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows Empty A midnight fright, courtesy of the Lord of Shadows

Post by CainVulsore November 8th 2011, 7:23 pm

Cain smirks walking down the ally ways of New York City smirking to himself ,whisteling a tune he heard the other day that has been stuck in his head, while spinning the decapitated head of the female he recently had a 'run in' with. Such a fine young lady though didn't quite suit his more sadistic and vile ways of showing his apreaction so he had to 'cut her loose' so to speak. He chuckles remebering the name of the song and starts to sing a little "I was cutting the rug,Down at place called The Jug,With a girl named Linda Lou When in walked a man With a gun in his hand And he was looking for you know who He said, "Hey there, fellow With the hair colored yellow Whatcha tryin' to prove?'Cause that's my woman there And I'm a man who cares And this might be all for you" Cain grins wickedly as he continues singing the song, 'Gimme Three Steps' by Lynard Skynard making a whole buncha comotion something he usually tries to avoide but tonight he's drunk on blood and doesn't give a shit who hears him. Rocking his head back and forth the shadow manipulator dances his own little jig laughing and dancin the night away grabbing an unsuspecting victem and lashing his mouth onto her neck draining the poor fool dry of her blood before continuing his song. I said, "Excuse me" I was scared and fearing for my life I was shaking like a leaf on a tree 'Cause he was lean, mean Big and bad, Lord Pointin' that gun on me "Oh, wait a minute, mister I didn't even kiss her Don't want no trouble with you And I know you don't owe me But I wish you'd let me Ask one favor from you" "Oh, won't you Gimme three steps, gimme three steps, mister Gimme three steps toward the door? Gimme three steps, gimme three steps, mister And you'll never see me no more"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cain Vulsore
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows Pbucket
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Bitch, I am the Lord of Shadows."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows Empty Re: A midnight fright, courtesy of the Lord of Shadows

Post by bigdad November 8th 2011, 7:43 pm

Red Hunter ran across the rooftops. It has bin several days since he came to the Big Apple in search of a man responsible for the murder and rape of several young girls back in Westmoor. Questions listed in his mind. How did the bastard know that he was on his trail? How did he get to NY so fast? The thoughts of tearing the twisted man's head off of his shoulders drove him to make his way across the rooftops (in true par cor manner) even faster.

Suddenly a voice caught his attention. He reached a ledge overlooking an old ally way and saw a man, fondling... no biting the neck of a girl. He watch the man in shock. The girl slumped to the concrete floor of the ally apparently lifeless. The man continued on his way as he sang something. Red didn't know the song and he didn't care.

He pulled out a length of strong but thin rope. He tied a small steel hook on it's end and attached it to the ledge of the building. He then attached the rope to a mountaineer-like harness on his belt. It had brakes on it so he could lower him self without making to much noise. He cracked his knuckles and stepped onto the edge to see how far did the man go.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Red is the color of death.
bigdad
bigdad

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows Empty Re: A midnight fright, courtesy of the Lord of Shadows

Post by CainVulsore November 8th 2011, 7:54 pm

Cain grins wickedly and drops the girls lifeless body whipping his mouth and cuts the head off the body with his onyx colord dagger before lighting the body on fire reducing it to ashes leaving only the head. "Hmmm such a lovely night, time for the New York Vampire to have some fun!" He says smirking and grinning his evil grin, blood red eyes sparkling in the moonlight as he makes his way down the ally way. Shadows dancing in the back ground in the same 'gleeful' manner of their master ready to bend to his every command as if knowing the night will be a very eventful one. A night full of fights, frights, and everything in between; for tonight the New York Vampire is back to remake a mark in this city of lights and strike fear back into the hearts of its settelers. In a simple blink of an eye Cain sends a shadow streaking out like a whip to grasp an unsuspecting, helpless, man in a suit carrying a briefcase. The man probaply had a family and never expected he would be the next victem of this ruthless, 'bat shit' crazy, 'vampire' but here he is wrapped up in a shadow with blood red eyes stairing into his as if daring the man to make a move. "Nice suit...I think it'll look better red, don't you?"

Cain Vulsore
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdad November 8th 2011, 8:00 pm

No no, the maniac was going for another victim. No time for stealth then. This had to be done Tarzan style. Red quickly unhooked the rope from his belt harness and jumped of the ledge. Gripping the rope firmly, he swung across the ally straight toward the man. He raised his feet and then thrust them forward sending himself swinging toward the man boots first.

bigdad
bigdad

Back to top Go down

Post by CainVulsore November 8th 2011, 8:24 pm

Cain hears a sudden noise and turns only to see feet come flying out at him, the momentum of the swing more so than the force knocks him down on his ass; thus making him loose concentration and control of the shadows who fall down releasing the frightened man. Rolling backwards to the side he jumps up snarling, "Oh, come now look what you have done I would have given him such a dashing red suit, like the one you wear now." He mutters obviously very pissed off that one would seek to ruin his fun and then the greatest of ideas pops into his mind."You. You shall be his replacement, enjoy your last moments of life fur the sun will not save you." He smirks as the shadows raise around the man's feet slowly, ever so slowly, encasing the man in shadows.

Cain Vulsore
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdad November 8th 2011, 8:37 pm

Red rose to his feet after knocking the maniac down. He looked to see that the shadowy form that held the victim suddenly released him. A slight stab of relief passed through him but then he saw the maniacs face. Pale skin, blood red eyes, fangs. This guy was not human. Ether he was a vampire, a real life vampire, or a guy who had a make up kit and too much time on his hands. He immediately dismissed the last option when he felt something crawling up his leg. It was the same shadowy substance the vampire used to hold his victim. Reflectively he pulled two things out of his pouches before the shadow-stuff reached his hips. In one hand he held a flash bang and in the other he held a smoke screen pellet. He threw the flash bang first right at the vampires feet and the he let the smoke pellet drop out of his hand at the last moment just as the shadows encased his arms.

bigdad
bigdad

Back to top Go down

Post by CainVulsore November 8th 2011, 9:06 pm

Cain smirks watching the shadows encase the man and then the flash bang lands infront of him momentarly blinding him and throwing his arms up to help lessen the lights. Though subconsiously he keeps the shadows wrapped around his new victem not letting him go at all as they slowly start squeezing. Next comes the shadows as he snarls waiting for it to clear, eyes still closed not wanting to loose this man. Once it clears he grins blood red eyes glairing into the red suited man licking his fangs in anticipation. " This is much too easy, I say we should play a little game called cat and mouse. I love this game very much, here is how it works see. I dissapear and let you go for a bit and you run, run as fast as your little legs can carry you and I'll keep watch, always watching and waiting randomly attacking you over and over." He mutters grinning wickedly as he counts to three on his fingers and dissapears as the shadows melt away from the man a faint 'lets begin' is heard in the wind.

Last edited by CainVulsore on November 8th 2011, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cain Vulsore
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdad November 8th 2011, 9:16 pm

(OOC: I don't meant to be rude but you forgot about the smoke pellet that Red dropped to the floor. It spreads smoke on impact. You know that?)

bigdad
bigdad

Back to top Go down

Post by CainVulsore November 8th 2011, 9:23 pm

((xD sorry I missed it, but it is fixed now))

Cain Vulsore
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdad November 8th 2011, 9:44 pm

The moment the vampire was gone Red was released from the shadow's grip. He took a moment to clear his head. Then he remembered all the information he ever read about vampires. He wasn't all that sure about holy water hurting them, or the garlic bullshit, but the stake through the heart or beheading made a lot more sense. Though the vampire he was dealing with wasn't like all those vampires from lore and legends. He could control shadows, that was new. But he was pretty sure that the heart and/or head staking would do the trick.

Great. His first encounter with a meta-human and it had to be a psychotic vampire who controls shadows.

Red quickly ran up to the spot where the rope still hung. He attached to the harness on his belt and turned on a small but powerful motor that rapidly wound up the rope back to its compartment thus taking him up and back on to the roof in no time. The open space of the roof would be better. He could see the vampire coming. He flexed his wrists and almost instantly his forearm blades shot out of there housing in his gauntlets and were ready for use.

Red relaxed. He took deep breaths to gain the balance need to fight. He figured that simple street fighting moves and brawling wasn't going to cut it in this situation. He martial training would. He reached up and pushed a small stud on his eye piece and his vision changed to IR. He knew that vampires were undead and therefore had no heat signature. But in this case the Vamp just had lunch and his breath had fresh blood on it. It was like a beacon in infrared and that would be enough for Red. He clenched his fists and turned all his will and focus on what will come.

bigdad
bigdad

Back to top Go down

Post by CainVulsore November 9th 2011, 7:36 pm

Cain chuckles evily to himself as he watches, hidden in the man's own shadow, the red suited man climb back up the rope and onto the skyscraper. Grinning evily to himself he shakes his head rising up behind the man out of his shadow."Come now Mr. Red, learn to play the game correctly it is fairly simple. Hear I'll explaine you run I catch." He says punching at his back with all his strength before once again melting into the shadows as fast as he can not coming up anywhere this time wanting to stay down a bit for now. Traveling through the shadows he streaks over to one on the building next to them waiting for him to get the gist of the game as the shadows all around them whip around and move like snakes going around for a kill. If you do not play The Lord of Shadow's favorite game the right way he takes matters into his own hands and it looks like he'll have to do just that with this litte red riddin hood here. Emerging from the shadows on the building he smirks with his hands upon his hips, "Gona play the right way or not? He asks silently shadows forming whips behind him as he waits for the man to do something, anything, but hopefully take off running.

Cain Vulsore
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdad November 9th 2011, 7:59 pm

Red didn't even turn when he heard the vamp's voice from behind him. Then he felt the blow to his back. He staggered forward a bit but quickly regained his balance. He swung the blade at the space where he belived the Vamp was but all he cut was the air. He became aware that the shadows all around him were coming to life. He clenched his fists. He took everything in and figured that this wasn't looking good for him. Sweat started gathering on his fore head and his heart raced. Then the Vamp appeared several feet away from him from the shadows. He spoke to him but Red blacked out his voice. All he was focused now was his heat signature. Vampires don't have heat signatures. They are supposed to be dead cold.

Suddenly he could feel something behind him. Something in his peripheral vision was moving. The bastard was trying to pull of the trick he used in the ally. Not this time though. This time he was ready. He back-flipped over the forming shadow-whips and, avoiding contact with the leaving shadows he made his way higher ground where the Vamp's influence still hadn't reached. All the while a small part of his mind reviewed the fact that the guy had a heat signature and it was weak or abnormal. It all too was human. By the time he reached the high ground which was an roof elevator house he finally figured the "Vamp" out. His heart slowed and he stopped sweating. Two things were now quite obvious to him about his adversary. And that is all he needed. He stood tall and turned around to face him. A low chuckle could be heard from Red's mask. With the vocal filter it sounded deep and distorted, almost like a beastly growl. The the chuckle became a quiet laugh. Mocking and merciless.

bigdad
bigdad

Back to top Go down

Post by CainVulsore November 10th 2011, 3:44 pm

((Cain is on a different building and the whips formed behind him but whatever))

Cain snarls watching the man then hears a faint noise realizing it is laughter. Was this foolish moral truley laughing at him? Laughing at the Lord of Shadows is not something you do if you wish to live. Raising the shadows next to himself he sends twenty shadow like giant spiked bullets flying out at his adversary in the red suit, shadow like spikes that can cut through even the skin of big bad Pain. "Get out of this you fool." He mutters under his breath as the shadows under neath reddie shoot up like stalagmites or steaks ready to impale him in every direction.

Cain Vulsore
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdad November 10th 2011, 4:02 pm

(OOC:) Well I did say back flipped right? The building thing it's OK I change it. Sorry ^ ^)

Red stopped laughing for a moment when he saw the "Vamp" was sending shadow projectiles his way. He moved quickly. He ran across the roof at full speed toward the ledge that was opposite to the building the "Vamp" was standing on. For a short moment he looked back to see not only that the shadow "bullets" were missing him by mare inches but also that a large spike like shadow had sprung out of the concrete where he stud just moments ago. If he hadn't moved he would have gone the was of Vlad Tepes's victims. A chill went down his spine but he shook it off and regained his focus. He was only a few steps from the ledge. He palmed the second flash bang and threw it at the "Vamp" on the other building. Immediately afterwords he pulled out his glocks and opened fire on his adversary hoping that the flash wound distract him from the bullets heading his way.

bigdad
bigdad

Back to top Go down

Post by CainVulsore November 10th 2011, 4:20 pm

((no I ment like behind Cain xD))

Cain snarls wondering how the hell this fool seems to keep dodging his shadow whips and other forms of tourture. As the man pulls something that looks a lot like another damned flash grenade, Cain makes a shadow wall apeaer infront of himself which alows him not to go blind as well as take the bullets intended for him. Grinning evily he makes a wall form behind red boy with spikes jutting out of it as spikes appear on his wall, he sends both walls flying at the man giving him absolutely no room to dodge; least that's how Cain sees it sense no one has escaped unharmed, or maimed, before. "Come on, come on, hit me, hit me. I dare you to do something you fool." Cain snarls out hands at the ready, physced to take anything thrown at him.

Cain Vulsore
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top