The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Deal and The Hit
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:49 am by Cynical_Aspie

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_vote_lcapBrainiac, Teenage Genius I_voting_barBrainiac, Teenage Genius I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Brainiac, Teenage Genius I_vote_lcapBrainiac, Teenage Genius I_voting_barBrainiac, Teenage Genius I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Brainiac, Teenage Genius

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brainiac, Teenage Genius Empty Brainiac, Teenage Genius

Post by Wannabe January 17th 2011, 8:33 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Brainiac, Teenage Genius
Title: Wannabe, Fanboy, Kid, and Squeaky
Alignment: Renegade (Could change, should he be persuaded)
Race: Caucasian? Human? (still new to roleplays, so I´m not sure what that means)
Hair: Black
Eyes: light blue
Height: 5"11
Weight: 100

Costume Description/Image:
Spoiler:

Personality: calm under most situations, the only times when he´s not calm is when he meets a superhero or when his ass is about to be kicked; always thinking, calculating and planning; he´s a real fanboy towards superheroes, since he´s always wanted to be a superhero and finally is one; he´s kinda philosophical, always pondering why this and why that; he´s a real stickler to the rules, he´s not necessarily that hard to corrupt since he a teenager and is always unsure about if he likes the decisions he makes

History: He was born regular and grew up into a geek, who would constantly be picked on and bullied. He was a big fan of superheroes, seeing them as awesome people who protected weaklings like him and he looked up to them. One day, he online, he´s roleplaying and a new member of the forum asked him if he wanted to become a superhero. Jeremy said yes of course and the mysterious new member gave him a link to a website that was just white and had a question with two possible answers. The question said "Would you like to be a superhero?" and there were two answer choices, one said yes and the other said no. Jeremy, of course, clicked yes and it gave him a powergrid to fill out with a maximum of 22 points. Jeremy filled them out and nothing happened, then went to sleep. When he woke up, he saw that he had gotten the powers he asked for and set out to fighting crime. (I came up with this in 5 minutes, if you don´t like it, tell me and I´ll give it some sort of stereotypical superhero history.)

Powers:
Spoiler:
(This kinda seems like overkill to me, but I´ll post ém out anyways and if you don´t like some, just tell me and I´ll delete them or improve them.

Power Grid: (You have 22 points to spend on your Power Grid unless you can fly, in which case you have 20.)
STR: 1
SPD: 1
END: 6
INT: 6
EP: 6
FS: 2

Character Image/Description:
Spoiler:

Roleplay Sample:
Jeremy was patroling the streets in his ridiculous looking outfit, ignoring the laughter of people around him, when suddenly a massive man, just absolutely bulging with musscles destroys a wall to the bank, grabs some cash and runs. Jeremy runs after the villain and tries to kick him, but before he could do that, the villain turns around very quickly and gives Jeremy a hard punch to the gut. Jeremy fell over and cringed in pain and after a few seconds, he composed himself and teleported in front of the villain. The villain, punches at Jeremy again, but Jeremy blocks that punch with a punch of his own, their strength was equal, beremy who grabbed his hand in pain, the villain was also extremely good with endurance, which is something Jeremy is surprised, that it surprised him. Jeremy yelled out, "what is your name?!" The villain replied something in a different language and gave Jeremy another hard punch before he could react, then before Jeremy could even open his eyes from the pain, the large man punched him again and again, until Jeremy was forced to teleport away before the villain could cause him any more damage.

Jeremy, had teleported back home, to allow himself to heal up his wounds and after a few minutes, teleported back to where he was and the villain had long since escaped. Jeremy, in desperation, teleported all over the city to find the villain, but couldn´t find him anywhere.

(Sucky sample with a sucky ending, I know, but I can´t think of anything else at the moment, I´ll add something or change someething if you ask me to, though. Also, sorry if my spelling ain´t all that great, I´m using Google Chrome on a Mexican computer and everything is wrong according to it, so it´s hard for ne to catch my usual mistakes.)

Last edited by Wannabe on January 18th 2011, 7:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Wannabe

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Brainiac, Teenage Genius Empty Re: Brainiac, Teenage Genius

Post by VivaLaCult January 17th 2011, 9:47 pm

With 0 FS that means you have no real understanding of how to fight, you will barely know how to swing your fist, kinda makes your strength useless. Razz

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow January 17th 2011, 9:58 pm

First thing, you can't have 0 FS, so you need to put at least one point there or you wont no what fighting is :lol!:

Second it says that you have 8 different powers. Super int. and super str. isn't a power that's just something you have. But you should know that to have a lot of powers you cant have them all be super powerful

Teleportation is a very powerful ability that is usually not approved, especially not when you have a lot of other powers

X-ray vision, you can say you invented that with your intelligence, so you dont have to put any energy into it, just have to say its a gadget.

Telekinesis is fine I'd say just because of how weak it is.

Energy punch, shot, and explosion seem like the same power so you can just say you have the power to control energy, and can make blasts, explosions or put energy into a punch to make a super-powered punch

So im assuming that your energy attacks will be what most your EP goes to, teleportation you might have to get rid of if you want all your other powers.
(By the way, I make you do these things since I am not a admin, but these are my suggestions to help your character get approved)

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][color=black].[/color
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain January 17th 2011, 10:11 pm

As others have said, he needs to have some fighting skills otherwise he is pretty much a useless fighter and anyone would easily dance circles around him. You cannot teleport, we do not allow people to have that power. The other powers seem fine to me.

A renegade is some one who has no alliance to good or evil, they do what ever they please. Renegades tend to lean more towards one or the other, but basically you are neutral.

SpikeSkiba wrote:
Energy punch, shot, and explosion seem like the same power so you can just say you have the power to control energy, and can make blasts, explosions or put energy into a punch to make a super-powered punch

Not a terrible idea either.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult January 17th 2011, 10:33 pm

Well you CAN have 0 Fighting skill, it just isn't a great idea. And as long as the teleportation has a big drawback it will be okayed, but since it puts a damper on speed it needs to be large flaw in the power.

VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult January 17th 2011, 10:35 pm

Here is a good reference

Intelligence
0 – Severely uneducated/Learning disability: Either never started school or has a very hard time learning. These people are often found herping and subsequently derping.
1 – Uneducated/Minor learning disability: Never finished school or has a hard time grasping certain higher level concepts
2 – Slightly educated/Average: This person finished high school, maybe attended some college, may have done neither but their higher IQ has allowed them to compensate with real world knowledge.
3 – Educated/Above average: This person finished a college-level education, receiving a diploma. Alternatively this person did not attend a college but has a high IQ, allowing them to compete with college graduates on an equal level.
4 – Highly educated/Genius: This person has received a Master’s of some sort or is highly intelligent.
5 – Doctor/High level genius: This person has received at least one doctorate or is extremely intelligent and was known to be very intelligent from childhood.
6 – Super genius: This person has an intelligence that is rivaled only by other superhumans
7 – Near omnipotence: This person knows nearly all there is to know about the universe and the world they live in. They fall short of godhood by lacking future-sight.

Strength
0 – Well below average/Crippled: This person almost never works out or has a physical disability that prevents them from doing so. Fapping is a chore for these people.
1 – Average: This person rarely works out or works out on a regular basis in order to stay in shape. Can lift up to their own body weight.
2 – Above average: This person works out regularly and intensively, usually for muscle building. Can lift up to twice their own body weight.
3 – Olympian: This person trains in ways that turn away most people, rising up to levels that allow them to compete on national stages. Can lift well over their own body weight, up to 2 tons.
4 – Superhuman: This person is superhuman, either by mutation or experimental means. They can lift over a ton, up to 200 tons
5 – High Superhuman: This person is far beyond the scope of mere men. They can lift up to 1000 tons, surpassing even the mechanical feats of man.
6 – Herculean: This person tips the scales of strength, able to easily lift office buildings and the like. Lifting strength is nearly incomprehensible, lifting up to 10,000 tons.
7 – Unfathomable: The human mind strains to find something this person cannot hope to move. Their lifting strength is rivaled by none.

Speed
0 – Well below average/Crippled: This person is slow, either from being severely overweight, having a physical disability that prevents them from moving quickly, or a medical condition, such as severe asthma that prevents them from running from for more than a few feet before stopping.
1 – Average: Is of average speed. This person has nothing special about their running speed.
2 – Above average: This person runs at above average speeds, completing a mile run in less than 6 minutes.
3 – Olympian: This person can run at ridiculous speeds by a normal person’s standards. Their training regiments are rigorous and allow them to compete globally with like-trained athletes. Reachable speeds up to 20 mph(strains the body to do so).
4 – Superhuman: This person is superhuman, either by mutation or experimental means. They can run up to 100 mph.
5 – High Superhuman: This person is far beyond the scope of mere men. They can reach Mach 1 speeds.
6 – Speedy Gonzales: This person can race cartoon Mexican mice, easily reaching speeds of “Arriba! Arriba!” which any child can tell you, is of course Mach 5.
7 – Inconceivable: This person moves so quickly it borders teleportation, easily moving quicker than the human eye can perceive.

Durability
0 – Crippled/Peanut brittle: This person is extremely frail. Light wounds can be fatal and weak strikes can break bones. Also accounts for hemophilia. This person has already contracted 10 STDs, 6 known to man, and 3 known only to sharks.
1 – Average: This person can take a punch from someone with equivalent strength or lower strength without serious injury.
2 – Above average: This person can take a punch from someone with 2 or lower strength without serious injury. Their immune systems are stronger as well.
3 – Pre-Superhuman: This person can take a punch from someone with 3 or lower strength without serious injury. Immune system is exceptional.
4 – Superhuman: This person is superhuman, either by mutation or experimental means. Their bones and skin are far harder to damage than the average person, able to take a punch from someone with 4 or lower strength without serious injury. Immune system can fight off most naturally occurring diseases. Body ages slower.
5 – High Superhuman: This person is far beyond the scope of mere men. They can take a punch from someone with 5 or lower strength without serious injury. Bullets have a hard time finding a weak point in your body’s hard to penetrate defenses and disease is something almost unheard for you. Body ages much more slowly.
6 – Immune: Your body is immune to disease and most forms of conventional weaponry. This person can take a punch from someone with 6 or lower strength without serious injury and it takes armor piercing rounds to cause serious damage to you. Body hardly ages.
7 – Untouchable: Your body laughs off damage and disease as if they were nothing but minor nuisances. Man-made weaponry is useless against someone of your caliber. At this point a punch from anyone with a strength score lower than 5 is painless. Immortal.

Energy Projection
0 – No form of superhuman energy: This person cannot emit any form of energy from their body. This person lacks a healing factor, blasts, or any form of travel beyond the use of their own physical capabilities.
1 – Weak powers: This person has some form of energy emission, usually taking the form of a healing factor(must have an activation time or be consciously activated), a travel power, or a ranged attack. Medium sized wounds heal completely in a day, you’re able to travel up to half a mile, and your blasts and beams cause minor damage to anyone without super durability. Telekinesis, blasts, and beams are equal to their equivalent on the strength chart where it is applicable(A person with level 1 durability can take a 1 strength punch or a level 1 EP blast, beam, or telekinetic strike without serious damage).
2 – Average powers: This person has a moderate form of energy emission, usually taking the form of a healing factor, a travel power, or a ranged attack. Medium sized wounds heal in a few hours, large ones taking a day, you’re able to travel up to 3 miles, and your blasts and beams cause moderate amounts of damage to anyone without super durability.
3 – Superhuman emissions: This person has a fairly strong form of energy emission, usually taking the form of a healing factor, a travel power, or a ranged attack. Medium sized wounds heal in minutes, larger ones in a matter of hours; you’re able to travel up to 10 miles.
4 – Above average emissions: This person has a strong form of energy emission, usually taking the form of a healing factor, a travel power, or a ranged attack. Small to medium sized wounds heal in less than a minute, larger ones in less than an hour, you’re able to travel up to 50 miles.
5 – High superhuman emissions: This person has a very strong form of energy emission, usually taking the form of a healing factor, a travel power, or a ranged attack. Small to medium sized wounds heal in seconds, large ones heal in minutes, and you’re able to travel in and out of states freely.
6 – Exceptionally powerful superhuman: This person has an extremely powerful form of energy emission, usually taking the form of a healing factor, a travel power, or a ranged attack. Small to medium sized wounds heal almost instantly and large ones in seconds, you’re able to travel in and out of the country freely.
7 – God-like: A wise man once said “People this powerful can really fuck some shit up.” This person has a god-like form of energy emission, usually taking the form of a healing factor, a travel power, or a ranged attack. You’re able to conjure blasts that can level cities. Fatal wounds heal in minutes, and you can travel nearly anywhere you can imagine.

(Take charging a power into account. An attacked charged over multiple posts will become stronger.)

Fighting Skill
0 – No fighting capabilities: This person is either a baby, a woman, extremely sheltered, or a combination of the three. This person is often seen fleeing the scene of a fight leaving a trail of urine in their wake, most often with their pants at their ankles.
1 – Average: This person isn’t exactly well-trained, but they have either seen their share if fights or experienced a few.
2 – Above average: This person has experienced many fights throughout their life, however they haven’t received any formal training, but they can outfight a normal person, ie: Your common hardcore gangstah.
3 – Semi-Trained Fighter: This person has received training from another master, they can fight well, but haven’t yet mastered their style. This person is clearly more skilled than the average person, but still has a long way to go.
4 – Well-Trained: This person has mastered one style of fighting to its fullest. This person has great fighting capabilities and an average person doesn’t stand a chance for more than 30 seconds.
5 – Mixed Martial Artist: This person has mastered multiple forms of martial arts, they devote much of their time to training, and it shows in their fighting, this is the pique of what most people reach in a lifetime. This person is easily comparable to Mel Gibson after a long night of binge drinking.
6 – Arnold Schwarzenegger from Predator: You can combat with an intergalactic planetary race of blood hungry aliens who’s entire society is based around hunting your species.
7 – Master of Combat: This person has mastered every form of combat imaginable.

VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Knight January 17th 2011, 10:47 pm

((This is Pain for anyone who didn't know.))

Coulda just posted the link dude. XD

And I never said you couldn't have FS at 0, FS EP and Int can all be 0. I said his character needs it to be higher otherwise he'd be screwed in any fight.

We usually never approve some one who teleports because like Viva said it kind of ruins the speed stat. The way things are now, unless you add a major drawback to the power, you will not be allowed to teleport.

"Midway in life's journey, I found myself in the dark woods, The right way lost, To tell about those woods is difficult, so tangled and rough, It's savage just thinking of it now...I felt the old fear stirring, from where my shadows were born."

The Black Knight
The Black Knight
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist January 18th 2011, 7:41 am

Super int. and super str. isn't a power that's just something you have.

These are super powers, you should list them, thanks for doing so. Makes no sense, otherwise, Slamfist and Pain wouldn't have powers Razz. If you're going for a bruiser of any sort you should have some Fighting Skill, just so you know you can still punch people and make use of those powers. I actually chuckled at the history and think the app all in all is generally pretty cool. Just offering some advice as to how to help make this character work for you better. Your powers seem fine except for the telportation without some limitation to it. Fix that, maybe raise your FS so that your powers can be used better and you should be good. Welcome to SHRPG, hope you have fun.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wannabe January 18th 2011, 8:35 am

Thanks for all the helpful comments guys! To be honest this will kinda be my first time roleplaying, so I wasn´t sure what would´ve been appropriate to put.

I´ll edit my super dude, I see what mistakes I have made, but in my mind at the time, for some reason it was logical. You see, when I made this character, I actually had the intention to make him a ranged fighter, which I still do, but as is obvious, the strength would have been useless should he have been a ranged fighter, so I´ll take away most of the strength and add it some place else.

I´ll edit the powers the best I can and I hope it´ll be approved.

Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash January 18th 2011, 9:37 am

i have no problem with this now, I can approve this for ya. Heve fun at SHRPG Razz

The hate inside you breeds!
It's getting hard to breathe.
The walls around you fall.
Your legs are getting weak.
You drop down to your knees!
Your mind’s forsaken you!

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 938
Job : workin at a local grocery store.
Humor : Shoving Food into a bag and eating your money!?!
Registration date : 2009-10-29

http://monster-hunter.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Wannabe January 18th 2011, 9:47 am

Tobais Kado wrote:i have no problem with this now, I can approve this for ya. Heve fun at SHRPG Razz

Thanks! Although, would it be okay if I deleted one of my character´s powers? I´m going to delete the teleportation since it would be pretty useless for my character, in case you were wondering.
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist January 18th 2011, 11:27 am

Go ahead.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain January 18th 2011, 3:06 pm

Awesome, Welcome to the site. Many of us started roleplaying here too. =)
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down